Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Suggestions
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 282 283
one word: JACKALOPE!!!!!!
one word: JACKALOPE!!!!!!
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr
Mechanical spiders to match the steampunk sets.

Dustbunnies, little rabbits surrounded by clouds of puffy stuff, preferably in pastel colors.
Mechanical spiders to match the steampunk sets.

Dustbunnies, little rabbits surrounded by clouds of puffy stuff, preferably in pastel colors.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@RoyalSorceress
PPPAANNNDDAAA. For panda man in his tux ;D
@RoyalSorceress
PPPAANNNDDAAA. For panda man in his tux ;D
[quote name="Rot" date="2014-03-13 16:22:01"]a monkey. or a spider. or a spider monkey.[/quote] Aw, yeah, how about a [i]literal[/i] spider monkey? That would be interesting. Any monkeys would be amazing, though. From mandrills to emperor tamarins (have you seen those things? Cuuuuuute!).
Rot wrote on 2014-03-13 16:22:01:
a monkey.
or a spider.

or a spider monkey.
Aw, yeah, how about a literal spider monkey? That would be interesting.

Any monkeys would be amazing, though. From mandrills to emperor tamarins (have you seen those things? Cuuuuuute!).
tumblr_okcur61emY1rss9tpo3_r1_500.jpg
I checked Gaia's list - nobody seems to have suggested that you do an oriole hippogriff (I mean, I was puzzled that we have two blue ones now). That bird has got such great markings for the chimerifying!

I second what others have said about the Fan Scorpion and the Surge Priest, and I agree about bunny-oids and sheep of some sort. Baa-ram-ewe, y'all.

(I would also suggest a Mimmoth, but the derivation might be too obvious.)

*runs back in because she forgot the Tabby and Russet Bantam Fangars she thinks we're missing*
I checked Gaia's list - nobody seems to have suggested that you do an oriole hippogriff (I mean, I was puzzled that we have two blue ones now). That bird has got such great markings for the chimerifying!

I second what others have said about the Fan Scorpion and the Surge Priest, and I agree about bunny-oids and sheep of some sort. Baa-ram-ewe, y'all.

(I would also suggest a Mimmoth, but the derivation might be too obvious.)

*runs back in because she forgot the Tabby and Russet Bantam Fangars she thinks we're missing*
tumblr_inline_nj6epdCZlw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhit9xsrc1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhw3ckexo1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhww49faV1r3h1o8.png lZEZOSe.png
tumblr_inline_njhi10xfDw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_nj6fiuIGx01r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyh4jVHZ1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyq13RFE1r3h1o8.png
Chinese Zodiac Familiars. :)
Chinese Zodiac Familiars. :)
~used to be DarkRider~81HPX.gifDarkRider-Katari3.gif~My OC no taking!~
I'm not exactly suggesting a new familiar, but I still think it should go here: I think familiars that have been awakened should remain in your bestiary even if you decide to sell them so that older and rarer familiars can be circulated more easily and there isn't as much of a downside to selling them.

I know the point of things like Boolean and the KS familiars is that they're rare but if the collectors who want to fill out their bestiaries aren't willing to sell them because they'll lose the bestiary entry filling the bestiary becomes an impossible goal for newer players and its really discouraging. Even if you allow the Bestiary entry to become permanent once the familiar is awakened it won't take away the rarity of these familiars because it will still take awhile for each player to level up the familiar, it will just open up the possibility of the familiars like Boolean especially circulating more than they do right now. Because from what I've seen there's not much chance at all of acquiring a Boolean unless you already know someone who has one and can convince them to sell.
I'm not exactly suggesting a new familiar, but I still think it should go here: I think familiars that have been awakened should remain in your bestiary even if you decide to sell them so that older and rarer familiars can be circulated more easily and there isn't as much of a downside to selling them.

I know the point of things like Boolean and the KS familiars is that they're rare but if the collectors who want to fill out their bestiaries aren't willing to sell them because they'll lose the bestiary entry filling the bestiary becomes an impossible goal for newer players and its really discouraging. Even if you allow the Bestiary entry to become permanent once the familiar is awakened it won't take away the rarity of these familiars because it will still take awhile for each player to level up the familiar, it will just open up the possibility of the familiars like Boolean especially circulating more than they do right now. Because from what I've seen there's not much chance at all of acquiring a Boolean unless you already know someone who has one and can convince them to sell.
Fnw48LX.png
It would be cool tos ee familiars based on the star signs, such as cancer, leo, gemini and so on! They would be perfect for birthday dragons.

or perhaps gemstone dragons, once again based on the gemstone for each month.
It would be cool tos ee familiars based on the star signs, such as cancer, leo, gemini and so on! They would be perfect for birthday dragons.

or perhaps gemstone dragons, once again based on the gemstone for each month.
there is a serious lack of weird in the list - some of my suggestions will remedy that *wombats - wild-coloured wombats *not just any pig, but a pot-bellied pig specificially - they have a lot of different colourings for starters! *albino versions of current (and future) familiars? *camel - one hump and two hump (don't remember the specific words regarding that and camels) *this thing [img]http://i.imgur.com/84FhoVf.png[/img] it's the glacus alanticus aka "blue dragon" *Okapi (brethren of the zeeba and ..that other zebra one.. though an okapi isn't a zebra - maybe its more cousin than brethren?) *NARWHAL *thorny dragon [img]http://i.imgur.com/WGF6fVf.png[/img] *venezuelan poodle moth *sea pig [img]http://i.imgur.com/0zY5OY3.png[/img] *Dugong- IDEK [img]http://i.imgur.com/yacZIwV.png[/img] *Gerenek - google it? it's like a giraffe and a deer had a baby. *naked mole rat *superb bird of paradise - it is the oddest little bird... kinda pretty though... *BLOB FISH imagine [img]http://i.imgur.com/i6B54Cf.png[/img] totally a dragon's bffl-in-the-making *Gobi Jerboa *Iguana *Magnificent Frigatebird *locusts/crickets/grasshoppers *mockingbird (or talking parrot) - b/c the descriptions could be funny! *puffin *for the extremely creepy, maybe something skinless... don't look at me like that - we have skinless skins! (as oxymoronic as that sounds...) *panda --> no, red panda! :'D *sloths *proboscis monkey - those shnauzes o__o [s]*[s]wooper! [/s]axolotl[/s] whoops noticed last minute this was suggested [b]new reptile(rather than amphibian) suggestion is[i] frilled[/i] lizards![/b] (you're welcome @Aten ~♥) *aye aye *alpaca/llama *tarsier - *starrreee* *dumbo octopus [img]http://i.imgur.com/vEWJTat.png[/img] *yeti crab *shoebill (bird) yes, I'm weird. I am not ashamed.
there is a serious lack of weird in the list - some of my suggestions will remedy that

*wombats - wild-coloured wombats

*not just any pig, but a pot-bellied pig specificially - they have a lot of different colourings for starters!

*albino versions of current (and future) familiars?

*camel - one hump and two hump (don't remember the specific words regarding that and camels)

*this thing
84FhoVf.png
it's the glacus alanticus aka "blue dragon"

*Okapi (brethren of the zeeba and ..that other zebra one.. though an okapi isn't a zebra - maybe its more cousin than brethren?)

*NARWHAL

*thorny dragon
WGF6fVf.png

*venezuelan poodle moth

*sea pig
0zY5OY3.png

*Dugong- IDEK
yacZIwV.png

*Gerenek - google it? it's like a giraffe and a deer had a baby.

*naked mole rat

*superb bird of paradise - it is the oddest little bird... kinda pretty though...

*BLOB FISH
imagine
i6B54Cf.png
totally a dragon's bffl-in-the-making

*Gobi Jerboa

*Iguana

*Magnificent Frigatebird

*locusts/crickets/grasshoppers

*mockingbird (or talking parrot) - b/c the descriptions could be funny!

*puffin

*for the extremely creepy, maybe something skinless... don't look at me like that - we have skinless skins! (as oxymoronic as that sounds...)

*panda --> no, red panda! :'D

*sloths

*proboscis monkey - those shnauzes o__o

*wooper! axolotl whoops noticed last minute this was suggested

new reptile(rather than amphibian) suggestion is frilled lizards! (you're welcome @Aten ~♥)

*aye aye

*alpaca/llama

*tarsier - *starrreee*

*dumbo octopus
vEWJTat.png

*yeti crab

*shoebill (bird)

yes, I'm weird. I am not ashamed.
*in monotonous voice* Bueller... Bueller...

p.s. It's okay to ping me. I literally don't care as long as I'm not being "used" for raffle points and that ilk. But yeah, for the most part, I'm not so "important" I can't spare the ~5 seconds it takes to check out a ping. lol.
FRILLED LIZARDS
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
My favorite animal.

Du ***, my Frilled, approves!

5a33a56b-5390-47c0-897f-34aba51d299b_zps23c009a1.jpg
88eb38c5-66cd-41c8-9373-0d682f951f73_zps6d0f202c.jpg

@ronnster

Edit: Apparently (redacted) is a banned word?
Well. Ah well.

*Redacted by Gaia for bypassing the word filter
FRILLED LIZARDS
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
My favorite animal.

Du ***, my Frilled, approves!

5a33a56b-5390-47c0-897f-34aba51d299b_zps23c009a1.jpg
88eb38c5-66cd-41c8-9373-0d682f951f73_zps6d0f202c.jpg

@ronnster

Edit: Apparently (redacted) is a banned word?
Well. Ah well.

*Redacted by Gaia for bypassing the word filter
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 282 283