Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Suggestions
1 2 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 282 283
Parrots as the elemental familiars - this could include Cockatoos, Macaws, Lovebirds - even a Parakeet. Need them to go with the Seaspray Apparel.
Parrots as the elemental familiars - this could include Cockatoos, Macaws, Lovebirds - even a Parakeet. Need them to go with the Seaspray Apparel.
mM2VM9X.png
Bearded Dragons please. Besides the fact that this would mean our dragons would have mini reptiles called dragons as familiars, bearded dragons are precious little things.
Bearded Dragons please. Besides the fact that this would mean our dragons would have mini reptiles called dragons as familiars, bearded dragons are precious little things.
qDavPTk.png
Cow familiar please! Or maybe a cow/centaur deal?
Cow familiar please! Or maybe a cow/centaur deal?
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-09-14 14:28:57" ] I know we already have unicorns on site already but what we don't really have is the mythological counterpart/rival to the unicorn; the lion. Yes we have lion-like familiars already but hear me out. The lore behind these two counterparts is actually really cool! [url=https://www.deviantart.com/drachenmagier/][img]https://img00.deviantart.net/3298/i/2013/045/b/8/commission___the_lion_and_the_unicorn_by_drachenmagier-d5ux3k8.jpg[/img][/url] [quote=https://classicalastrologer.me/2013/01/27/the-lion-the-unicorn/ ] At the beginning of Creation or dawn of time, the lion and the Unicorn chased each other across the heavens. For 14 years the lion chased the unicorn, and it ran away, and the next 14 years, the unicorn chased the lion, until it began to gain on it, and the lion headed towards earth where, either, it hid behind a tree which the unicorn charged into, got stuck and then eaten by the lion, or, it speared the lion with its horn. [/quote] I mean, can you not see the lore potential? You could even explain in the thumbnails of these familiars that they are reason for why Cerdae (with no magic) are on the rise while actual unicorns with magic are on the decline. But I know what your thinking, "CrazyRed, a lion? That's a boring earth design for a Sornieth familiar!" And you'd be right if you're thinking of typical life-like lions but what if we had a Heraldic lion familiar design? Check some of these out: [img]https://www.colourbox.com/preview/4493340-heraldic-lion.jpg[/img][img]http://premium.123freevectors.com/wp-content/uploads/large/102-animals/hand-drawn-heraldic-lion-vector-set-102036-l.jpg[/img] [img]https://cf.ltkcdn.net/tattoos/images/std/142717-324x425-Heraldic-Lion-Tattoo.jpg[/img] I think it'd be neat anyway :) [/quote] I really like this idea! This post is so well thought out too!
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-09-14 14:28:57:
I know we already have unicorns on site already but what we don't really have is the mythological counterpart/rival to the unicorn; the lion. Yes we have lion-like familiars already but hear me out. The lore behind these two counterparts is actually really cool!

commission___the_lion_and_the_unicorn_by_drachenmagier-d5ux3k8.jpg
https://classicalastrologer.me/2013/01/27/the-lion-the-unicorn/ wrote:
At the beginning of Creation or dawn of time, the lion and the Unicorn chased each other across the heavens. For 14 years the lion chased the unicorn, and it ran away, and the next 14 years, the unicorn chased the lion, until it began to gain on it, and the lion headed towards earth where, either, it hid behind a tree which the unicorn charged into, got stuck and then eaten by the lion, or, it speared the lion with its horn.

I mean, can you not see the lore potential? You could even explain in the thumbnails of these familiars that they are reason for why Cerdae (with no magic) are on the rise while actual unicorns with magic are on the decline.

But I know what your thinking, "CrazyRed, a lion? That's a boring earth design for a Sornieth familiar!" And you'd be right if you're thinking of typical life-like lions but what if we had a Heraldic lion familiar design? Check some of these out:
4493340-heraldic-lion.jpghand-drawn-heraldic-lion-vector-set-102036-l.jpg
142717-324x425-Heraldic-Lion-Tattoo.jpg

I think it'd be neat anyway :)
I really like this idea! This post is so well thought out too!
TBh4eRz.png
+8 FR Time
PWYW Name Shop | Little Moon Hatchery | PWYW Lore Shop | Wishlist
Willing to take back any dragons you've received from me!
Other birds
Other birds
I worry this might have already been said in the 185 pages here but could we perhaps get a change where Familiars are listed alphabetically in the hoard?

It can be quite a chore when you have a large collection to see what you have doubles of or the like.
I worry this might have already been said in the 185 pages here but could we perhaps get a change where Familiars are listed alphabetically in the hoard?

It can be quite a chore when you have a large collection to see what you have doubles of or the like.
“Make other lives and dreams and hopes yours! Protect them! Save them! Bring them into the sheepfold! Walk the gale for them! Keep away the wolf! My dreams! My brother! My family! My land! My world! How dare you try to take these things, because they are mine! I have a duty!” - Tiffany Aching/Terry Pratchett
can we please just have a parrot familiar? i hate eating my budgies :(
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
[quote name="LucerasSentos" date="2018-08-23 14:22:59" ] I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but maybe have the familiars give a boost or assist in the Coliseum's monster battles? Edit: A boost would come in the form of a stat increase, and assists would be healing one of your dragons or attacking an opponent. Your relationship with that familiar would dictate the size of the boost as well as the frequency and strength of assists. An Awakened familiar would give a bigger boost and assist more frequently and with more strength than a wary/tolerant familiar. [/quote] Quoting my suggestion here because there's something I wanted to add to it. The boost size is also dependent on the elemental alignment of both the dragon and the familiar. It doesn't have to be a HUGE increase, but maybe a few points. +5 to all the dragon's stats if its familiar is nonaligned/has a different elemental alignment, +10 if the element of the dragon and familiar are the same, and +15 if the element of familiar, dragon and clan are the same.
LucerasSentos wrote on 2018-08-23 14:22:59:
I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but maybe have the familiars give a boost or assist in the Coliseum's monster battles?

Edit: A boost would come in the form of a stat increase, and assists would be healing one of your dragons or attacking an opponent. Your relationship with that familiar would dictate the size of the boost as well as the frequency and strength of assists. An Awakened familiar would give a bigger boost and assist more frequently and with more strength than a wary/tolerant familiar.
Quoting my suggestion here because there's something I wanted to add to it.
The boost size is also dependent on the elemental alignment of both the dragon and the familiar. It doesn't have to be a HUGE increase, but maybe a few points. +5 to all the dragon's stats if its familiar is nonaligned/has a different elemental alignment, +10 if the element of the dragon and familiar are the same, and +15 if the element of familiar, dragon and clan are the same.
[quote name="kiwis" date="2018-09-30 19:19:53" ] can we please just have a parrot familiar? i hate eating my budgies :( [/quote] Yes. Please. Pleeease!
kiwis wrote on 2018-09-30 19:19:53:
Yes. Please. Pleeease!
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
Anything related to cats. Big cats, little cats, inbetween cats. LOTS OF CATS PLZ. (As you cat tell, i really love cats.) Cheetahs, ocelots, bengals, leopards, rock cats, light cats, water cats, blood cats, lions, tabbys, tuxedo cats, plant cats, green cats, snow leopards, kittens, ect. I love cats!
Anything related to cats. Big cats, little cats, inbetween cats. LOTS OF CATS PLZ. (As you cat tell, i really love cats.) Cheetahs, ocelots, bengals, leopards, rock cats, light cats, water cats, blood cats, lions, tabbys, tuxedo cats, plant cats, green cats, snow leopards, kittens, ect. I love cats!
you are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maenyou are MEAN whoever yuo aer . maen maen maen
1 2 ... 182 183 184 185 186 ... 282 283