Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 162 163
I'm going to say support. I mean, I've gotten into the habit of naming offspring Zavalalala (or some variation), Ikora, Hawthorn, or some other random game name.

Edit: Ekon makes a great argument about technical issues that could arise with so many "unnamed" dragons. So I'm changing from "Support" to "Support if FR can handle it."
I'm going to say support. I mean, I've gotten into the habit of naming offspring Zavalalala (or some variation), Ikora, Hawthorn, or some other random game name.

Edit: Ekon makes a great argument about technical issues that could arise with so many "unnamed" dragons. So I'm changing from "Support" to "Support if FR can handle it."
H5oS9j0.png
Please ping me even if you're not interested in the dragons I show you :)
Support. Dragons can be unnamed for many reasons, like lore, etc. Like mentioned above, if it can be handled it has my full support. Who doesn't want a lore dragon who's levelled and has some cool lore about their lack of name, after all?
Support. Dragons can be unnamed for many reasons, like lore, etc. Like mentioned above, if it can be handled it has my full support. Who doesn't want a lore dragon who's levelled and has some cool lore about their lack of name, after all?
I actually... [i]don't[/i] support this. Well, I do support, but, no... I don't think- [emoji=coatl confused]No-no-n- I mean, I wouldn't mind [i][b]at all[/b][/i] if the feature was added, but I think that, well why would you train an unnamed other to later exalt as fodder? (okay, so maybe you haven't decided on a name yet...) eh... Okay. So I just really want named exalts. I used to exalt unnamed dragons, but now I regret it. I just think that maybe it's a way to encourage naming your dragons, like I get really annoyed when I see unnamed dragons sitting in lairs, with apparel and skins. Maybe it does for you, too? It's an award to be able to grind and fight for fun in the coli, isn't it~?
I actually... don't support this. Well, I do support, but, no... I don't think- No-no-n-

I mean, I wouldn't mind at all if the feature was added, but I think that, well why would you train an unnamed other to later exalt as fodder? (okay, so maybe you haven't decided on a name yet...) eh...

Okay. So I just really want named exalts. I used to exalt unnamed dragons, but now I regret it.

I just think that maybe it's a way to encourage naming your dragons, like I get really annoyed when I see unnamed dragons sitting in lairs, with apparel and skins. Maybe it does for you, too? It's an award to be able to grind and fight for fun in the coli, isn't it~?

[quote name="FreeToFly" date="2019-03-08 17:55:34" ] I actually... [i]don't[/i] support this. Well, I do support, but, no... I don't think- [emoji=coatl confused]No-no-n- I mean, I wouldn't mind [i][b]at all[/b][/i] if the feature was added, but I think that, well why would you train an unnamed other to later exalt as fodder? (okay, so maybe you haven't decided on a name yet...) eh... Okay. So I just really want named exalts. I used to exalt unnamed dragons, but now I regret it. I just think that maybe it's a way to encourage naming your dragons, like I get really annoyed when I see unnamed dragons sitting in lairs, with apparel and skins. Maybe it does for you, too? It's an award to be able to grind and fight for fun in the coli, isn't it~? [/quote] If you want to make sure the dragons you breed are named, name them while they are in your lair. Once they leave they are no longer your dragons. There is nothing wrong with Unnamed dragons, exalted or not. Many people have lore dragons that are Unnamed If a player buys a dragon doesn’t feel like naming a dragon that is entirely their own choice. Naming a dragon should not be necessary to fight in the coliseum—especially when Unnamed dragons can do anything else on the site. The coliseum should be a ‘reward’ for naming a dragon
FreeToFly wrote on 2019-03-08 17:55:34:
I actually... don't support this. Well, I do support, but, no... I don't think- No-no-n-

I mean, I wouldn't mind at all if the feature was added, but I think that, well why would you train an unnamed other to later exalt as fodder? (okay, so maybe you haven't decided on a name yet...) eh...

Okay. So I just really want named exalts. I used to exalt unnamed dragons, but now I regret it.

I just think that maybe it's a way to encourage naming your dragons, like I get really annoyed when I see unnamed dragons sitting in lairs, with apparel and skins. Maybe it does for you, too? It's an award to be able to grind and fight for fun in the coli, isn't it~?
If you want to make sure the dragons you breed are named, name them while they are in your lair. Once they leave they are no longer your dragons. There is nothing wrong with Unnamed dragons, exalted or not. Many people have lore dragons that are Unnamed

If a player buys a dragon doesn’t feel like naming a dragon that is entirely their own choice. Naming a dragon should not be necessary to fight in the coliseum—especially when Unnamed dragons can do anything else on the site. The coliseum should be a ‘reward’ for naming a dragon
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Pleeease. I could've sworn we used to be able to coli with Unnameds but apparently not? It'd be amazing to be able to use my unnamed permas in the coli without having to give them an ugly placeholder name that I'd have to change down the track.

So much support!
Pleeease. I could've sworn we used to be able to coli with Unnameds but apparently not? It'd be amazing to be able to use my unnamed permas in the coli without having to give them an ugly placeholder name that I'd have to change down the track.

So much support!
kbqBOtG.png
[quote name="@FreeToFly" date="2019-03-08 17:55:34" ] I actually... [i]don't[/i] support this. Well, I do support, but, no... I don't think- [emoji=coatl confused]No-no-n- I mean, I wouldn't mind [i][b]at all[/b][/i] if the feature was added, but I think that, well why would you train an unnamed other to later exalt as fodder? (okay, so maybe you haven't decided on a name yet...) eh... Okay. So I just really want named exalts. I used to exalt unnamed dragons, but now I regret it. I just think that maybe it's a way to encourage naming your dragons, like I get really annoyed when I see unnamed dragons sitting in lairs, with apparel and skins. Maybe it does for you, too? It's an award to be able to grind and fight for fun in the coli, isn't it~? [/quote] Because I am horrible at thinking up names, and want to train [b]my[/b] dragons when I feel like training them, not when I feel like naming them, which tend to be two distinct times.
@FreeToFly wrote on 2019-03-08 17:55:34:

Because I am horrible at thinking up names, and want to train my dragons when I feel like training them, not when I feel like naming them, which tend to be two distinct times.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="@Jemadar" date="2019-03-08 18:19:05" ] [quote name="FreeToFly" date="2019-03-08 17:55:34" ] I actually... [i]don't[/i] support this. Well, I do support, but, no... I don't think- [emoji=coatl confused]No-no-n- I mean, I wouldn't mind [i][b]at all[/b][/i] if the feature was added, but I think that, well why would you train an unnamed other to later exalt as fodder? (okay, so maybe you haven't decided on a name yet...) eh... Okay. So I just really want named exalts. I used to exalt unnamed dragons, but now I regret it. I just think that maybe it's a way to encourage naming your dragons, like I get really annoyed when I see unnamed dragons sitting in lairs, with apparel and skins. Maybe it does for you, too? It's an award to be able to grind and fight for fun in the coli, isn't it~? [/quote] Because I am horrible at thinking up names, and want to train [b]my[/b] dragons when I feel like training them, not when I feel like naming them, which tend to be two distinct times. [/quote] I can't relate, but I know that yes, it can be difficult to think of a name. I wonder if the creators did this on purpose, though, if it was a bug then surely they would have fixed it by now. It was made in 2014. A mod even posted on it, if they wanted to change it/it was a bug, would they? I'm not saying that there are no other reasons why they haven't made it possible, but I'm questioning if this is how they want it, how they think it's best, or if they really don't care/don't have time and better things to work on.
@Jemadar wrote on 2019-03-08 18:19:05:
FreeToFly wrote on 2019-03-08 17:55:34:

Because I am horrible at thinking up names, and want to train my dragons when I feel like training them, not when I feel like naming them, which tend to be two distinct times.

I can't relate, but I know that yes, it can be difficult to think of a name.

I wonder if the creators did this on purpose, though, if it was a bug then surely they would have fixed it by now. It was made in 2014. A mod even posted on it, if they wanted to change it/it was a bug, would they?

I'm not saying that there are no other reasons why they haven't made it possible, but I'm questioning if this is how they want it, how they think it's best, or if they really don't care/don't have time and better things to work on.
@Freetofly

I doubt it was a bug. I have the feeling that it may have been a design choice to limit the number of dragons that showed up. So, I positive it was on purpose. What that purpose was? I don't know.

Or, it could be a technical issue. It may be that they *cannot* allow unnamed to fight, for whatever reason, though I honestly can't think of one, since they show up in the coliseum now.

I doubt it has anything to do with the word unnamed, because it wouldn't really make sense. If they had an issue with 'unnamed' then I feel they would have prevented them from being exalted or bred. Instead, I think it is more to do with the fact that 'unnamed' is the default name, and perhaps there is some flag that isn't set until that dragon gets a name, and it may be too complicated to rewrite the coliseum to account for that.

Then again, inertia is a terrible thing, and it could all be down to they don't want to make a change like this without a lot of thought behind it...
@Freetofly

I doubt it was a bug. I have the feeling that it may have been a design choice to limit the number of dragons that showed up. So, I positive it was on purpose. What that purpose was? I don't know.

Or, it could be a technical issue. It may be that they *cannot* allow unnamed to fight, for whatever reason, though I honestly can't think of one, since they show up in the coliseum now.

I doubt it has anything to do with the word unnamed, because it wouldn't really make sense. If they had an issue with 'unnamed' then I feel they would have prevented them from being exalted or bred. Instead, I think it is more to do with the fact that 'unnamed' is the default name, and perhaps there is some flag that isn't set until that dragon gets a name, and it may be too complicated to rewrite the coliseum to account for that.

Then again, inertia is a terrible thing, and it could all be down to they don't want to make a change like this without a lot of thought behind it...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

Ah. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the reason that they do not update the coli often, is that maybe they need to give this forum a little more thought, and time.

It feels like this thread should've been either gotten told that, no, it will not happen because of *state reason* or told that they are working on it, or that they will do it in good time when more important things are done. The community is asking way more, now with all of the new features added. (lair revamp, the micro holidays, new breeds promised, and merch.)

Before any big changes (ex: the ever so ancient adventure made) I would like to see small things updated first, possibly like this one.
@Jemadar

Ah. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the reason that they do not update the coli often, is that maybe they need to give this forum a little more thought, and time.

It feels like this thread should've been either gotten told that, no, it will not happen because of *state reason* or told that they are working on it, or that they will do it in good time when more important things are done. The community is asking way more, now with all of the new features added. (lair revamp, the micro holidays, new breeds promised, and merch.)

Before any big changes (ex: the ever so ancient adventure made) I would like to see small things updated first, possibly like this one.
@Freetofly

They have a policy of trying to avoid hard no's. Look at retired items. That was one of their firmer stances, that retired items will never be unretired, yet we now have Roundsey.

So it is rare to see the admins post in the forums beyond moderator actions, because they don't want to commit one way or the other, not just because they might not be able to make up their mind, but if they say something like 'this is a good idea' people will expect that the suggestion will happen, even if they have no plans on it happening, while if they say 'we don't think this is a good fit for FR' they might change their mind down the road, and get backlash from the people who were happy that the suggestion wasn't going to come to pass.

I would love if they would implement a lot of the simpler suggestions, but simpler suggestions ,such as the pose change scroll and this one, can have far reaching consquences. They seem simple to us, from our perspective, but from a game play and game developer perspective they might be far different.

I wish that the stance of the admins was different, and that they would comment on suggestions, but I understand where they are coming from.

(also I can't agree with you on that. I WANT ADVENTURE MODE!!!!! so, I wouldn't care what other minor or simple changes were or weren't done before, when it comes out I will be hopping for joy...)
@Freetofly

They have a policy of trying to avoid hard no's. Look at retired items. That was one of their firmer stances, that retired items will never be unretired, yet we now have Roundsey.

So it is rare to see the admins post in the forums beyond moderator actions, because they don't want to commit one way or the other, not just because they might not be able to make up their mind, but if they say something like 'this is a good idea' people will expect that the suggestion will happen, even if they have no plans on it happening, while if they say 'we don't think this is a good fit for FR' they might change their mind down the road, and get backlash from the people who were happy that the suggestion wasn't going to come to pass.

I would love if they would implement a lot of the simpler suggestions, but simpler suggestions ,such as the pose change scroll and this one, can have far reaching consquences. They seem simple to us, from our perspective, but from a game play and game developer perspective they might be far different.

I wish that the stance of the admins was different, and that they would comment on suggestions, but I understand where they are coming from.

(also I can't agree with you on that. I WANT ADVENTURE MODE!!!!! so, I wouldn't care what other minor or simple changes were or weren't done before, when it comes out I will be hopping for joy...)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 162 163