Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 162 163
Surprisingly, I care about parent names. I don't care about my offspring list but if the parents are unnamed I'm not thrilled. I've exalted dragons I bought to be permanent solely for that reason.

I still haven't been motivated to ask the owner/s of the parents to name them. Those aren't my dragons.
Surprisingly, I care about parent names. I don't care about my offspring list but if the parents are unnamed I'm not thrilled. I've exalted dragons I bought to be permanent solely for that reason.

I still haven't been motivated to ask the owner/s of the parents to name them. Those aren't my dragons.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2018-09-26 11:01:52" ] Surprisingly, I care about parent names. I don't care about my offspring list but if the parents are unnamed I'm not thrilled. I've exalted dragons I bought to be permanent solely for that reason. I still haven't been motivated to ask the owner/s of the parents to name them. Those aren't my dragons. [/quote] If any of those are my dragons (doubt it) rest assured they WILL get named sooner or later :D Probably later... But yeah, I just noticed it all seemed to be about the offspring lists, and wondered how many people cared about the parents names.
Nightwind wrote on 2018-09-26 11:01:52:

If any of those are my dragons (doubt it) rest assured they WILL get named sooner or later :D Probably later...

But yeah, I just noticed it all seemed to be about the offspring lists, and wondered how many people cared about the parents names.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Personally, I almost like having unnamed parents on my dragons. It gives me interesting lore potential. And then if previously unnamed parents get named...it's not always...the best names... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7717321] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77174/7717321_350.png[/img] [/url] I've had the dragon linked above for forever, and when I first bought her, her parents were unnamed. Then they got named...well..."Crust" and "Linen" which...hardly sound like names. And since they were then both exalted, the ONLY reason they got those strange names was so someone could train them. So yeah I actually don't mind unnamed parents? I can work with them. Unnamed offspring I'm not as wild about but at least I can prevent them going forward on my own dragons' lists.
Personally, I almost like having unnamed parents on my dragons. It gives me interesting lore potential. And then if previously unnamed parents get named...it's not always...the best names...

7717321_350.png

I've had the dragon linked above for forever, and when I first bought her, her parents were unnamed. Then they got named...well..."Crust" and "Linen" which...hardly sound like names. And since they were then both exalted, the ONLY reason they got those strange names was so someone could train them.

So yeah I actually don't mind unnamed parents? I can work with them. Unnamed offspring I'm not as wild about but at least I can prevent them going forward on my own dragons' lists.
For purely fodder reasons I don't understand what the problem is. It takes like two seconds to name a dragon ^^"
For purely fodder reasons I don't understand what the problem is. It takes like two seconds to name a dragon ^^"
TBh4eRz.png
+8 FR Time
PWYW Name Shop | Little Moon Hatchery | PWYW Lore Shop | Wishlist
Willing to take back any dragons you've received from me!
If you don't like unnamed exalts, just name the dragon yourself, and stop whining when all you need is 3 clicks. I don't think that is going to chamge your life. Also, this would be great for dragons in lore are unnamed. Say part of your coli team is zn assasin how mysteriously helps but his name isn't known but the coli won't allow it, or an old warrior was defeated against a common enemy and stripped himself of his own name but kept fighting. Why should our lore restrict us? Support. Also, just because their sentient beings doesn't mean they have to have names. Do you see lizards going around like 'Hey bob?'? Some of us have lore, and putting any restrictions on unnamed is just unnecessary
If you don't like unnamed exalts, just name the dragon yourself, and stop whining when all you need is 3 clicks. I don't think that is going to chamge your life. Also, this would be great for dragons in lore are unnamed. Say part of your coli team is zn assasin how mysteriously helps but his name isn't known but the coli won't allow it, or an old warrior was defeated against a common enemy and stripped himself of his own name but kept fighting. Why should our lore restrict us? Support. Also, just because their sentient beings doesn't mean they have to have names. Do you see lizards going around like 'Hey bob?'? Some of us have lore, and putting any restrictions on unnamed is just unnecessary
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
[quote name="Cazrel" date="2018-09-26 19:24:21" ] Can you not name them 'Unnamed'? For purely fodder reasons though, I don't understand what the problem is. It takes like two seconds to name a dragon ^^" [/quote] You cannot name a dragon Unnamed. It’s blocked as a name to prevent people trolling others by sticking them with an unexpected 6000 treasure naming fee The issue is it makes no sense that you have to name dragons to use the coliseum when you can do everything else with Unnamed dragons. In addition there are plenty of lore reasons why a player wants to train dragons Unnamed such as that dragon being Unnamed or because the dragon needs to earn its name or whatever Heck there are several players who exalt their own offspring Unnamed is they don’t sell to mar it easier to see who might be active. Being able to train dragons Unnamed would allow these players to continue to do so and yet benefit from leveling their dragons
Cazrel wrote on 2018-09-26 19:24:21:
Can you not name them 'Unnamed'?

For purely fodder reasons though, I don't understand what the problem is. It takes like two seconds to name a dragon ^^"
You cannot name a dragon Unnamed. It’s blocked as a name to prevent people trolling others by sticking them with an unexpected 6000 treasure naming fee

The issue is it makes no sense that you have to name dragons to use the coliseum when you can do everything else with Unnamed dragons. In addition there are plenty of lore reasons why a player wants to train dragons Unnamed such as that dragon being Unnamed or because the dragon needs to earn its name or whatever

Heck there are several players who exalt their own offspring Unnamed is they don’t sell to mar it easier to see who might be active. Being able to train dragons Unnamed would allow these players to continue to do so and yet benefit from leveling their dragons
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Cazrel" date="2018-09-26 19:24:21" ] For purely fodder reasons I don't understand what the problem is. It takes like two seconds to name a dragon ^^" [/quote] For me, the problem is that the two seconds it takes an trainer to name a dragon also takes the seller two seconds to do. Therefore, if a seller of a dragon doesn't want to take the 2 seconds to name the dragon, why should a trainer care? Plus, as I have said repeatedly, it takes me FAR longer than two seconds to name dragons, because I loathe the names in the RNG. I have very specific tastes and I can literally go through hundreds of names from a Name generator I have to find one. I have dragons I have had for three months that are still unnamed. So, why should I not be able to train my own dragons while waiting to be able to name them. The times I feel like going through hundreds of names for my dragons and the times I feel like training my dragons typically do not coincide (in fact, I don't think they ever have), so I am left with either having to force myself to name my dragons, dragons I have bred myself, to train, or simply not train. For the people who train dragons, that 2 seconds stretches out into minutes and hours that can be lost to naming dragons. Training 100 dragons, all of whom are unnamed, therefore takes an extra 200 seconds, assuming that it does take two seconds to name a dragon, and not more, because remember that not everyone has the fastest connections or devices to use, so it can take even longer. 200 seconds is 3 and 1/3 minutes. Imagine people who train even more dragons. This extra time that is spent on naming dragons, most of who are going to be exalted yes, could then be spent training and exalting dragons without names, which in a way is better for the economy, more dragons exalted = fewer dragons to compete with yours on the AH. (since I am not really a trainer, I don't know how long the average battle lasts, nor how long it can take to level a dragon to the normal level before exalting, but just wanted to point out that 2 seconds seems like such a short time, but it can add up quickly when you are talking about a massive number of dragons being trained.)
Cazrel wrote on 2018-09-26 19:24:21:
For me, the problem is that the two seconds it takes an trainer to name a dragon also takes the seller two seconds to do. Therefore, if a seller of a dragon doesn't want to take the 2 seconds to name the dragon, why should a trainer care?

Plus, as I have said repeatedly, it takes me FAR longer than two seconds to name dragons, because I loathe the names in the RNG.

I have very specific tastes and I can literally go through hundreds of names from a Name generator I have to find one. I have dragons I have had for three months that are still unnamed.

So, why should I not be able to train my own dragons while waiting to be able to name them. The times I feel like going through hundreds of names for my dragons and the times I feel like training my dragons typically do not coincide (in fact, I don't think they ever have), so I am left with either having to force myself to name my dragons, dragons I have bred myself, to train, or simply not train.

For the people who train dragons, that 2 seconds stretches out into minutes and hours that can be lost to naming dragons. Training 100 dragons, all of whom are unnamed, therefore takes an extra 200 seconds, assuming that it does take two seconds to name a dragon, and not more, because remember that not everyone has the fastest connections or devices to use, so it can take even longer. 200 seconds is 3 and 1/3 minutes. Imagine people who train even more dragons.

This extra time that is spent on naming dragons, most of who are going to be exalted yes, could then be spent training and exalting dragons without names, which in a way is better for the economy, more dragons exalted = fewer dragons to compete with yours on the AH. (since I am not really a trainer, I don't know how long the average battle lasts, nor how long it can take to level a dragon to the normal level before exalting, but just wanted to point out that 2 seconds seems like such a short time, but it can add up quickly when you are talking about a massive number of dragons being trained.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
No Support

It's always a buzz kill giving people a chance to give a dragon their own name without having to buy a scroll of renaming, only for them to be exalted. Like, is it really too much trouble to just name them. If you don't care about them, at the very leastop just randomize it or name them like Duck or something. Honestly, if you don't care enough to name it, why have it. Fodder dragons are already sentenced to disappearing, why not just give them SOMETHING that they can be known by. It literally takes no time to do. If you wanna use one in coli, but can't cause it's unnamed, there is a simple solution. A NAME!!
No Support

It's always a buzz kill giving people a chance to give a dragon their own name without having to buy a scroll of renaming, only for them to be exalted. Like, is it really too much trouble to just name them. If you don't care about them, at the very leastop just randomize it or name them like Duck or something. Honestly, if you don't care enough to name it, why have it. Fodder dragons are already sentenced to disappearing, why not just give them SOMETHING that they can be known by. It literally takes no time to do. If you wanna use one in coli, but can't cause it's unnamed, there is a simple solution. A NAME!!
mirror_hatchling_1.gif Yzcw1e1.png Visit me on Dragon Cave!
https://dragcave.net/user/GoatMunchy
@ForestEcho Caps-lock doesn't help your case. You do have the power to name them yourself if you'd like. If you're worried about the 6kt renaming scroll fee, don't be. The vast majority of players said that if it's a dragon they're planning to keep, 6k is a drop in the bucket. There were 3 separate polls on the subject (albeit from a while ago).

So why should your fear of Unnamed offspring (which you have the power to control yourself) prevent other people from leveling their Unnamed permas or training and exalting their own Unnamed offspring?
@ForestEcho Caps-lock doesn't help your case. You do have the power to name them yourself if you'd like. If you're worried about the 6kt renaming scroll fee, don't be. The vast majority of players said that if it's a dragon they're planning to keep, 6k is a drop in the bucket. There were 3 separate polls on the subject (albeit from a while ago).

So why should your fear of Unnamed offspring (which you have the power to control yourself) prevent other people from leveling their Unnamed permas or training and exalting their own Unnamed offspring?
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="ForestEcho" date="2018-09-27 11:56:44" ] No Support It's always a buzz kill giving people a chance to give a dragon their own name without having to buy a scroll of renaming, only for them to be exalted. Like, is it really too much trouble to just name them. If you don't care about them, at the very leastop just randomize it or name them like Duck or something. Honestly, if you don't care enough to name it, why have it. Fodder dragons are already sentenced to disappearing, why not just give them SOMETHING that they can be known by. It literally takes no time to do. If you wanna use one in coli, but can't cause it's unnamed, there is a simple solution. A NAME!! [/quote] Let me turn it back on you, if you don't care enough to name it, why do you care whether it gets a name. The only time you have power over your dragons are when they are actually that, YOUR dragons. Once they are sold, they are no longer your dragons , and it doesn't matter what happens to them. Honestly, I am really tired of seeing the 'I don't want to name my dragons because I want to let others freely name them' argument, when these players KNOW most of the dragons they are selling are exalt fodder. If it is exalt fodder, the players buying will most likely LOVE YOU for naming the dragon prior to selling. That is much less work on their part if they want to train the dragon. If it is NOT exalt fodder, 6K is a very minor amount to pay to change a name, and if you REALLY feel bad about other users having to pay it, offer to pay it yourself. If you don't make a profit? Well, you are the one with the problem of unnamed. It should NOT BE ON THE BUYER to have to name a dragon if they don't want to. No matter whether it is exalted immediately or sits in their lair until FR dies. The ONLY person who has the responsibility to maintain your offspring lists, is YOURSELF. If you dislike unnamed so much, then name the dragons. Otherwise, accept that your playstyle itself (not naming dragons while you own them) is what is causing you problems. As Ridara said, why should players who want to train their own dragons, whether for exalting or not, unnamed be punished because other players don't want to accept responsibility for their own actions, IE, that not naming a dragon before selling increases it chances of being exalted unnamed, while naming a dragon decreases the chances to absolutely ZERO that it will be exalted unnamed?
ForestEcho wrote on 2018-09-27 11:56:44:
No Support

Let me turn it back on you, if you don't care enough to name it, why do you care whether it gets a name. The only time you have power over your dragons are when they are actually that, YOUR dragons. Once they are sold, they are no longer your dragons , and it doesn't matter what happens to them.

Honestly, I am really tired of seeing the 'I don't want to name my dragons because I want to let others freely name them' argument, when these players KNOW most of the dragons they are selling are exalt fodder.

If it is exalt fodder, the players buying will most likely LOVE YOU for naming the dragon prior to selling. That is much less work on their part if they want to train the dragon.

If it is NOT exalt fodder, 6K is a very minor amount to pay to change a name, and if you REALLY feel bad about other users having to pay it, offer to pay it yourself. If you don't make a profit? Well, you are the one with the problem of unnamed.

It should NOT BE ON THE BUYER to have to name a dragon if they don't want to. No matter whether it is exalted immediately or sits in their lair until FR dies. The ONLY person who has the responsibility to maintain your offspring lists, is YOURSELF. If you dislike unnamed so much, then name the dragons. Otherwise, accept that your playstyle itself (not naming dragons while you own them) is what is causing you problems.

As Ridara said, why should players who want to train their own dragons, whether for exalting or not, unnamed be punished because other players don't want to accept responsibility for their own actions, IE, that not naming a dragon before selling increases it chances of being exalted unnamed, while naming a dragon decreases the chances to absolutely ZERO that it will be exalted unnamed?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 162 163