Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Gaoler Tertiary Genes PSD Template
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@adabat, thanks! I realize that they're not actually all that correct though- Something I failed to include: even if you make a gnarlhorn (or other linebreaking tert, gnarl is my fave so that's my example) accent, you have to leave the NON-GNARLHORN shadows intact, which I did not do in my orignal red edits. You'll have to draw in the gnarlhorn lines within the red area, and then plaster the original non-gnarl shadows over top, so uh, actually your skin has to look more like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/KljcT3C.png[/img] That shadow layer is going to murder any attempt to make cool looking gnarly horns and I'm extremely disappointed. And just for funsies before I actually do work today- This red rorschach blop is the parts of the male gaoler untouched by any of the linebreaking terts, so if you keep your accents to the wing membranes or give him a thigh tattoo, it'll work for any gao. [img]https://i.imgur.com/a5jqwlC.png[/img]
@adabat, thanks! I realize that they're not actually all that correct though- Something I failed to include: even if you make a gnarlhorn (or other linebreaking tert, gnarl is my fave so that's my example) accent, you have to leave the NON-GNARLHORN shadows intact, which I did not do in my orignal red edits.

You'll have to draw in the gnarlhorn lines within the red area, and then plaster the original non-gnarl shadows over top, so uh, actually your skin has to look more like this:

KljcT3C.png

That shadow layer is going to murder any attempt to make cool looking gnarly horns and I'm extremely disappointed.

And just for funsies before I actually do work today- This red rorschach blop is the parts of the male gaoler untouched by any of the linebreaking terts, so if you keep your accents to the wing membranes or give him a thigh tattoo, it'll work for any gao.

a5jqwlC.png
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
@clockworkMoose thank you for making a visual representation of this... like, truly showing what areas are completely unaffected by the terts. it really highlights how hard it'll be to make accents that work for any gaolers without flat, on-body terts.
@clockworkMoose thank you for making a visual representation of this... like, truly showing what areas are completely unaffected by the terts. it really highlights how hard it'll be to make accents that work for any gaolers without flat, on-body terts.
tumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gif
Certainly something will be done about this long term... without apparel and now without being able to really customise Gaolers due to such invasive tertiary genes which do not compliment current skin/accents rules... a new set of rules and skin/accents types seems the best way to make them worth customising.

I seriously doubt with such cool tertiary gene choices, that many players wont have line breaking terts on their Ancient Dragons. To restrict art to not interact with them is seriously diminishing on ability to cutomise. I hope this isn't a case of foot down not happening and something can be worked out so that Gaolers AND future Ancients can have line breaking skins/accents specific to the tert gene choices.

I fully agree that if you don't have that tert, don't use that skin/accent and if you like that skin/accent that much on your derg, re-gene it to match. (Or maybe even commission the creator for a version that has your dergs tert!)
Certainly something will be done about this long term... without apparel and now without being able to really customise Gaolers due to such invasive tertiary genes which do not compliment current skin/accents rules... a new set of rules and skin/accents types seems the best way to make them worth customising.

I seriously doubt with such cool tertiary gene choices, that many players wont have line breaking terts on their Ancient Dragons. To restrict art to not interact with them is seriously diminishing on ability to cutomise. I hope this isn't a case of foot down not happening and something can be worked out so that Gaolers AND future Ancients can have line breaking skins/accents specific to the tert gene choices.

I fully agree that if you don't have that tert, don't use that skin/accent and if you like that skin/accent that much on your derg, re-gene it to match. (Or maybe even commission the creator for a version that has your dergs tert!)
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
@SuburbanSamurai
Will the braids tert be added in soon? I downloaded the psd for female gaolers yesterday and noticed it wasn't in the listed tertiaries. Or does adding it take time? I know next to nothing about these psd files (wanted to finally practice accent making) so, sorry if this sounds like a silly question. ^^;
@SuburbanSamurai
Will the braids tert be added in soon? I downloaded the psd for female gaolers yesterday and noticed it wasn't in the listed tertiaries. Or does adding it take time? I know next to nothing about these psd files (wanted to finally practice accent making) so, sorry if this sounds like a silly question. ^^;
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
@Sinnabelle That should be added some time next week.
@Sinnabelle That should be added some time next week.
What about other ancient breed genes?
What about other ancient breed genes?
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8