Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Gaoler Tertiary Genes PSD Template
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Lara8" date="2019-06-10 20:10:26" ] [quote name="@Drakel" date="2019-06-10 18:25:16" ] The main issue with being able to put accents on line-breaks is that I'm pretty sure it'd appear even if the dragon didn't HAVE the tert gene that it's going over. So a person could get shardflanks because of the skin/accent and actually give their dragon scorpion and rock double terts. [/quote] I think there are a lot of skins for modern dragons that mimic things that terts do, making the dragon appear double-terted. I don't see the harm, it's purely cosmetic, especially since a dragon can only wear one accent anyway and the imaginary second tert wouldn't be something they could pass on genetically. [/quote] [skin=13463][skin=8233][skin=30297][skin=29834]etc etc... Up until this point it seems like mimicking existing genes has been a-okay, as long as it still obeys all the other rules, but the accents quoted above are different enough from the genes they reference in order to be seen as 'different' and not confused as the gene itself, which might have something to do with whether or not they can pass.
Lara8 wrote on 2019-06-10 20:10:26:
@Drakel wrote on 2019-06-10 18:25:16:
The main issue with being able to put accents on line-breaks is that I'm pretty sure it'd appear even if the dragon didn't HAVE the tert gene that it's going over. So a person could get shardflanks because of the skin/accent and actually give their dragon scorpion and rock double terts.

I think there are a lot of skins for modern dragons that mimic things that terts do, making the dragon appear double-terted. I don't see the harm, it's purely cosmetic, especially since a dragon can only wear one accent anyway and the imaginary second tert wouldn't be something they could pass on genetically.
etc etc...

Up until this point it seems like mimicking existing genes has been a-okay, as long as it still obeys all the other rules, but the accents quoted above are different enough from the genes they reference in order to be seen as 'different' and not confused as the gene itself, which might have something to do with whether or not they can pass.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
The purpose for this is making an accent that deliberately works well with a specific tert, within the base line art, instead of having to size up a scryed dragon to figure out where to put the shardhide sparkles or gnarlhorn jewelry or scorpion scale scars or whatever. Everyone paints over terts all the time, but if you *don't* want to paint over the extra fluff of winter coat, so your accent works with the extra bits, now it's easier to do so within the PSD.

I appreciate this.
The purpose for this is making an accent that deliberately works well with a specific tert, within the base line art, instead of having to size up a scryed dragon to figure out where to put the shardhide sparkles or gnarlhorn jewelry or scorpion scale scars or whatever. Everyone paints over terts all the time, but if you *don't* want to paint over the extra fluff of winter coat, so your accent works with the extra bits, now it's easier to do so within the PSD.

I appreciate this.
kalsaccentbanner2tiny_by_kaljaia-d9dlyep.png
Damn, that sucks.
Damn, that sucks.
Thank you for this! I already submitted an accent that works around Gnarlhorns but it was mostly guesswork and overlaying an existing saved image of the target dragon.

Will those of us who submitted an accent before the guides came out be able to contact staff for a redo to ensure it's accurate?
Thank you for this! I already submitted an accent that works around Gnarlhorns but it was mostly guesswork and overlaying an existing saved image of the target dragon.

Will those of us who submitted an accent before the guides came out be able to contact staff for a redo to ensure it's accurate?
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
can't wait to see what people come up with!
can't wait to see what people come up with!
16548005264907663230036691354834.gif Stand up for native representation in FR! 16548005264907663230036691354834.gif
While I get why these limitations are being implemented, I would like to see the opportunity to do tert specific accents and skins that go outside the original linework, especially with Wintercoat.

I am by no means an expert on developing stuff on websites like this, but could it perchance work with some kind of separate system? I know these breeds are specifically made so they can act without apparel (which is, in part, one of the reasons accents interest me), so is it possible to replace apparel with something else that works with tert specific art?

I don't know, but I just would like to be able to see more done with the Wintercoat tert to allow people to make it more unique.

In fact on the topic of outside the line accents, it would ve interesting to free up that limitation to see people make their own apparel, at least on the ancient breeds.

But I suppose the rule to stay inside the artwork was implemented for a reason in the first place, long before Gaolers. In any case, I look forward to the accents and skins created by people!
While I get why these limitations are being implemented, I would like to see the opportunity to do tert specific accents and skins that go outside the original linework, especially with Wintercoat.

I am by no means an expert on developing stuff on websites like this, but could it perchance work with some kind of separate system? I know these breeds are specifically made so they can act without apparel (which is, in part, one of the reasons accents interest me), so is it possible to replace apparel with something else that works with tert specific art?

I don't know, but I just would like to be able to see more done with the Wintercoat tert to allow people to make it more unique.

In fact on the topic of outside the line accents, it would ve interesting to free up that limitation to see people make their own apparel, at least on the ancient breeds.

But I suppose the rule to stay inside the artwork was implemented for a reason in the first place, long before Gaolers. In any case, I look forward to the accents and skins created by people!
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
this is super useful! :D It really helped me out as it's difficult to constantly scry example dragons with weird genes. wish we could draw on the external parts too but i can understand why that's not allowed.

would it be possible to get similar templates for other breeds too, mostly for things like gembond, spines and especially on everyone multi eye? it'd be nice to have those options there too, since i'm sure a lot of people like to make their skins compatible with those genes wherever possible :)
this is super useful! :D It really helped me out as it's difficult to constantly scry example dragons with weird genes. wish we could draw on the external parts too but i can understand why that's not allowed.

would it be possible to get similar templates for other breeds too, mostly for things like gembond, spines and especially on everyone multi eye? it'd be nice to have those options there too, since i'm sure a lot of people like to make their skins compatible with those genes wherever possible :)
fr_art_shop_sig_2.pngwindanim3.giffireanim3.gif
I just wanna be sure did I got this right.
so there will be skin made, which can fit only, and only, gaoler with idk gnarlhorns? or like shardflanks?
I feel like this is gonna be huge mess. I already feel rage if one of gaoler skins is picked up for festivals. there is already rage about balance of breeds, poses and how they look too similair. will we get "oh look at this cool gaoler skin, but it can fit only if you have this tert :D"?
I just wanna be sure if I understand it right and please correct me if I am wrong. it is bit disappointing, but I understand why would system work like that. I sorta wish that those gaoler breaking terts act like they are specialy layered - like how apparel works, so skin goes under... so not many people are cut away
I just wanna be sure did I got this right.
so there will be skin made, which can fit only, and only, gaoler with idk gnarlhorns? or like shardflanks?
I feel like this is gonna be huge mess. I already feel rage if one of gaoler skins is picked up for festivals. there is already rage about balance of breeds, poses and how they look too similair. will we get "oh look at this cool gaoler skin, but it can fit only if you have this tert :D"?
I just wanna be sure if I understand it right and please correct me if I am wrong. it is bit disappointing, but I understand why would system work like that. I sorta wish that those gaoler breaking terts act like they are specialy layered - like how apparel works, so skin goes under... so not many people are cut away
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
@valrunie no skins need to fit on the base gaoler body so everyone can use them, the templates are just there to make sure your accent/skins can work around them if needed. Hope that helps!

(Edit: correcting username typo)
@valrunie no skins need to fit on the base gaoler body so everyone can use them, the templates are just there to make sure your accent/skins can work around them if needed. Hope that helps!

(Edit: correcting username typo)
fr_art_shop_sig_2.pngwindanim3.giffireanim3.gif
@Feniiku
oii ok :D
@Feniiku
oii ok :D
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy