Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Gaoler Tertiary Genes PSD Template
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What about other tertiary gens like runes? Will they go over the custom accent/skins??
What about other tertiary gens like runes? Will they go over the custom accent/skins??
35326_s.gif
@nohsara
Okay, so someone could, theoretically and very carefully, color where the tert is inside the original lineart to give it some pattern. That makes a lot more sense lol
@nohsara
Okay, so someone could, theoretically and very carefully, color where the tert is inside the original lineart to give it some pattern. That makes a lot more sense lol
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
yeah i have to say, i'm a bit confused. i know there's at LEAST one accent out there that literally just recolors gembond to look mother-of-pearly, and it covers the parts that go outside the lineart too. not sure why we wouldn't be able to do that with line-breaking terts for gaolers?
yeah i have to say, i'm a bit confused. i know there's at LEAST one accent out there that literally just recolors gembond to look mother-of-pearly, and it covers the parts that go outside the lineart too. not sure why we wouldn't be able to do that with line-breaking terts for gaolers?
___________ Incorporeal Substance ___
sev | he/they
gamedev | writer | artist
tarot adopts | pixel adopts
____9hqcHsy.png
x8YqlBy.gif
11efmKl.png
J7D1quC.png
@ImpossibleJedi4 yes, that's what i imagine, since they specified gembond as an example. If it had been like eye types, then no, we would not be able to. I plan to work on a Gaoler accent sometime in the next week or so, so I guess then I'll find out for 100% sure @tvisland [quote name="tvisland" date="2019-06-10 19:38:40" ] yeah i have to say, i'm a bit confused. i know there's at LEAST one accent out there that literally just recolors gembond to look mother-of-pearly, and it covers the parts that go outside the lineart too. not sure why we wouldn't be able to do that with line-breaking terts for gaolers? [/quote] See the post below (in regards to "the parts that go outside the lineart", I would double check that, since based on firefly and spines, that would not be the case) [quote name="nohsara" date="2019-06-10 19:05:51" ] @ ImpossibleJedi4 I think it's the same as spines and firefly (and gembond), in that it will go over the tert, but not outside the original silhouette. Someone pointed this out to me with firefly recently, as I was wondering a similar thing. While it may be a shame we can't design on top of silhouette-breaking terts, I can understand why it would be really difficult for the devs to implement [quote name="Xotik" date="2019-06-08 13:16:29" ] @ nohsara [img]https://i.gyazo.com/177e2768569842e4c754d1e1749622a3.png[/img] On her tail, nose (hard to see with the halo, sorry, only changed the skin for this example), can be seen a firefly, any that go outside of the lineart are not covered by the skins/accents and are therefore, visible. [/quote] [/quote]
@ImpossibleJedi4 yes, that's what i imagine, since they specified gembond as an example. If it had been like eye types, then no, we would not be able to. I plan to work on a Gaoler accent sometime in the next week or so, so I guess then I'll find out for 100% sure

@tvisland
tvisland wrote on 2019-06-10 19:38:40:
See the post below
(in regards to "the parts that go outside the lineart", I would double check that, since based on firefly and spines, that would not be the case)
nohsara wrote on 2019-06-10 19:05:51:
@ ImpossibleJedi4
I think it's the same as spines and firefly (and gembond), in that it will go over the tert, but not outside the original silhouette. Someone pointed this out to me with firefly recently, as I was wondering a similar thing.

While it may be a shame we can't design on top of silhouette-breaking terts, I can understand why it would be really difficult for the devs to implement
Xotik wrote on 2019-06-08 13:16:29:
@ nohsara
177e2768569842e4c754d1e1749622a3.png
On her tail, nose (hard to see with the halo, sorry, only changed the skin for this example), can be seen a firefly, any that go outside of the lineart are not covered by the skins/accents and are therefore, visible.
BFEMrcM.png
lame :/

lets the artist make accents for all the terts, including lineart breaking ones
lame :/

lets the artist make accents for all the terts, including lineart breaking ones
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="@Drakel" date="2019-06-10 18:25:16" ] The main issue with being able to put accents on line-breaks is that I'm pretty sure it'd appear even if the dragon didn't HAVE the tert gene that it's going over. So a person could get shardflanks because of the skin/accent and actually give their dragon scorpion and rock double terts. [/quote] I think there are a lot of skins for modern dragons that mimic things that terts do, making the dragon appear double-terted. I don't see the harm, it's purely cosmetic, especially since a dragon can only wear one accent anyway and the imaginary second tert wouldn't be something they could pass on genetically.
@Drakel wrote on 2019-06-10 18:25:16:
The main issue with being able to put accents on line-breaks is that I'm pretty sure it'd appear even if the dragon didn't HAVE the tert gene that it's going over. So a person could get shardflanks because of the skin/accent and actually give their dragon scorpion and rock double terts.

I think there are a lot of skins for modern dragons that mimic things that terts do, making the dragon appear double-terted. I don't see the harm, it's purely cosmetic, especially since a dragon can only wear one accent anyway and the imaginary second tert wouldn't be something they could pass on genetically.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Aw, shucks. I'd really like to see a system, maybe just for ancient breeds, that has the option to lock skins and accents to a certain tertiary gene. It's just a shame to get these cool (and very large) parts on a dragon and not be able to skin them... (Especially because the color on gnarlhorns is so flat ;w;)

I'm glad that this option is here now though, and that the policy on skins is cleared up since I'd been wondering about that.
Aw, shucks. I'd really like to see a system, maybe just for ancient breeds, that has the option to lock skins and accents to a certain tertiary gene. It's just a shame to get these cool (and very large) parts on a dragon and not be able to skin them... (Especially because the color on gnarlhorns is so flat ;w;)

I'm glad that this option is here now though, and that the policy on skins is cleared up since I'd been wondering about that.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Does this mean brightshine will be accepting Light themed Gaoler skins?
Does this mean brightshine will be accepting Light themed Gaoler skins?
Spooder-Dab-Anim-timeline-small.gifxeDKNxe.pngAfam_-_IoMA_Badges_-_Fish_Cookie.png
As someone who still REALLY wants to be able to color over gembound, this is a bit disappointing to see.

Glad they are there for people to refer to, but sad to see it was decided to not let people color on the line breaking genes.

Some point out you can cheat and give fake terts with an accent, but I personally think it is fine because accents cost gems as well and you cant pass them on to offspring, so it is just cosmetic.

Plus it would be really cool to see people do things like adding gradients to shardflank or making gnarlhorns shiny or decorated with carvings or put patterns on wintercoat.

I understand that checking that it fits within those boundaries may be harder on the person/people in charge of approving submissions though. Thanks for all of your hard work!
As someone who still REALLY wants to be able to color over gembound, this is a bit disappointing to see.

Glad they are there for people to refer to, but sad to see it was decided to not let people color on the line breaking genes.

Some point out you can cheat and give fake terts with an accent, but I personally think it is fine because accents cost gems as well and you cant pass them on to offspring, so it is just cosmetic.

Plus it would be really cool to see people do things like adding gradients to shardflank or making gnarlhorns shiny or decorated with carvings or put patterns on wintercoat.

I understand that checking that it fits within those boundaries may be harder on the person/people in charge of approving submissions though. Thanks for all of your hard work!
They/Them FR+2
wait, so if i make an accent that, say, covers the entire mane or perhaps the tail, will it cover the bits of shardflank or scorpion in those areas etc as well?? or do the genes go on top, no matter what?? i honestly cant tell which way "you dont paint over it" is supposed to go!
wait, so if i make an accent that, say, covers the entire mane or perhaps the tail, will it cover the bits of shardflank or scorpion in those areas etc as well?? or do the genes go on top, no matter what?? i honestly cant tell which way "you dont paint over it" is supposed to go!

-Hi, I'm Kell!
-he/him, FR time +3
-currently revamping my sig/lore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8