Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Reprint:Fish-tailed Friend & Cheeky Claw
1 2
@Alestrius

Oof. I think I actually remember when that those accents were being sold. I'd wondered where they'd gone. I'm sorry that that happened to you ^^"

I would like a copy of all four accents, though!
@Alestrius

Oof. I think I actually remember when that those accents were being sold. I'd wondered where they'd gone. I'm sorry that that happened to you ^^"

I would like a copy of all four accents, though!
UlkVjRV.png
pipsqueak.png
@Tiriea Could you possibly allow, then, for multiple breeds as a checklist in one giant pinglist? Normally I keep the link + keywords, but with 4 breeds to sort through and a giant mess of code, it wasn't really worth the effort, and so at that point I think I'd rather just not use GASP in future unless I'm doing a single release.

@JackSpicer Sounds good! Do you want a slot for male, female, or both? ^^

@AmelieLacroix @Malachite Added you to the list. :) On that note, I'm going to send Fish-tailed friend off for printing now, since that's close enough to the 3 people minimum I required. Once they arrive, would you prefer to pay in gems or eggs so that I may note that down to send to you when they arrive? Or treasure at a 1:1k rate (so 500kt).
@Tiriea Could you possibly allow, then, for multiple breeds as a checklist in one giant pinglist? Normally I keep the link + keywords, but with 4 breeds to sort through and a giant mess of code, it wasn't really worth the effort, and so at that point I think I'd rather just not use GASP in future unless I'm doing a single release.

@JackSpicer Sounds good! Do you want a slot for male, female, or both? ^^

@AmelieLacroix @Malachite Added you to the list. :) On that note, I'm going to send Fish-tailed friend off for printing now, since that's close enough to the 3 people minimum I required. Once they arrive, would you prefer to pay in gems or eggs so that I may note that down to send to you when they arrive? Or treasure at a 1:1k rate (so 500kt).
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

@Alestrius Woops, thought I included the gender. :') Slot for Fish-tailed's male version, please.
@Alestrius Woops, thought I included the gender. :') Slot for Fish-tailed's male version, please.
I miss pings - DMs work better. Semi-hiatus.
@Alestrius

Oops, I thought I'd specified xD I'd like gem slots for all four, please
@Alestrius

Oops, I thought I'd specified xD I'd like gem slots for all four, please
UlkVjRV.png
pipsqueak.png
@Alestrius I think there may be a small misunderstanding. The code part is literally two and a half lines; (i.e.) [quote][ center][ url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2480522]Please click here to go to the GASP thread![ /url][ br][ br]Keywords selected: Coatl F, Accents, animals[ /center][ br][ br][/quote] [img]https://imgur.com/x6ZXEEk.png[/img] All you need to do is copy and paste the bit up to [ size=1] at the top and then paste the pinglist. Rinse and repeat. You can even post the first 2 lines again when you copy the pinglist if that's easier for you and you're going to delete the pings anyway. I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "giant mess of code" but I have the feeling it's the pings. The link and keywords are important because a) it lets us double check what went wrong if something went awry (important when you're literally pinging hundreds of people at once) and b) it lets people know where they were pinged from, and how their entries are being used.
@Alestrius

I think there may be a small misunderstanding.
The code part is literally two and a half lines;
(i.e.)
Quote:
[ center][ url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2480522]Please click here to go to the GASP thread![ /url][ br][ br]Keywords selected: Coatl F, Accents, animals[ /center][ br][ br]

x6ZXEEk.png

All you need to do is copy and paste the bit up to [ size=1] at the top and then paste the pinglist. Rinse and repeat. You can even post the first 2 lines again when you copy the pinglist if that's easier for you and you're going to delete the pings anyway. I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "giant mess of code" but I have the feeling it's the pings.

The link and keywords are important because a) it lets us double check what went wrong if something went awry (important when you're literally pinging hundreds of people at once) and b) it lets people know where they were pinged from, and how their entries are being used.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
@Tiriea The pings, yes, because when you have four of those in one post, it's easier to just find the end and Shift+Page Up until you hit the top to snip it all. >< Whereas if the breeds were a checkbox (like the terms already are -- imagine having to find and snip 4 different lists for a 'pastel' 'rainbow' 'cosmic' 'jewelry' accent), then it would make it much easier because you could just keep the end code without needing to go through and find it 4 times. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/502000471204954112/520745360122052638/unknown.png[/img] For me, at least, the one on the left is a lot easier to see where everything is and to manage and snip the irrelevant bits in one fell swoop. The one on the right is a headache and a half, and thus why in the instance of multiple lists not being able to be concatenated into one giant list with just the relevant keep bits at the end, I chose to just snip it all because it was way easier. That's why I was suggesting that it would be easier on people doing multiple releases if breeds were made into a checkbox like the keyword terms were (and thus I assume you have at least partial code, which I'm assuming may not be [i]fully[/i] reusable since I don't know how you coded it with the exclude/include bits, but could probably provide a foundation at least). You don't [i]have[/i] to take my feedback or anything, I was just trying to explain and give feedback on how it could potentially be changed so as to help prevent future instances of people not snipping 'properly' when doing multi-breed pings.
@Tiriea The pings, yes, because when you have four of those in one post, it's easier to just find the end and Shift+Page Up until you hit the top to snip it all. >< Whereas if the breeds were a checkbox (like the terms already are -- imagine having to find and snip 4 different lists for a 'pastel' 'rainbow' 'cosmic' 'jewelry' accent), then it would make it much easier because you could just keep the end code without needing to go through and find it 4 times.

unknown.png
For me, at least, the one on the left is a lot easier to see where everything is and to manage and snip the irrelevant bits in one fell swoop. The one on the right is a headache and a half, and thus why in the instance of multiple lists not being able to be concatenated into one giant list with just the relevant keep bits at the end, I chose to just snip it all because it was way easier.

That's why I was suggesting that it would be easier on people doing multiple releases if breeds were made into a checkbox like the keyword terms were (and thus I assume you have at least partial code, which I'm assuming may not be fully reusable since I don't know how you coded it with the exclude/include bits, but could probably provide a foundation at least). You don't have to take my feedback or anything, I was just trying to explain and give feedback on how it could potentially be changed so as to help prevent future instances of people not snipping 'properly' when doing multi-breed pings.
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

@Alestrius I understand what you mean. But the trick is to do it when you FIRST copy and paste everything into the post. Not make all 4 lists into one giant block and THEN try and find the keywords again. This way it's much easier to find and a total of about 30 seconds extra work, because all you have to do is copy and paste the first sentence in one place first, and then the rest (either just the pings, or the whole block again if that's easier for you). Make next pinglist; copy and paste the first sentence at the top by the other keywords, then the rest at the bottom. Rinse and repeat. The code you have to copy and paste is already in an easily findable place on the website (aka always at the top of the pinglist block, like I showed in the screenshot.)

Another reason that I'm extremely hesitant to add checkboxes for breeds is not only that it would stretch the website (not great for mobile users who sometimes cannot click the copy button and so have to select everything manually) but that it would encourage especially resellers to just lump all their accents under one search, with just resell as the keyword. Which is something that happens far too often already.
@Alestrius I understand what you mean. But the trick is to do it when you FIRST copy and paste everything into the post. Not make all 4 lists into one giant block and THEN try and find the keywords again. This way it's much easier to find and a total of about 30 seconds extra work, because all you have to do is copy and paste the first sentence in one place first, and then the rest (either just the pings, or the whole block again if that's easier for you). Make next pinglist; copy and paste the first sentence at the top by the other keywords, then the rest at the bottom. Rinse and repeat. The code you have to copy and paste is already in an easily findable place on the website (aka always at the top of the pinglist block, like I showed in the screenshot.)

Another reason that I'm extremely hesitant to add checkboxes for breeds is not only that it would stretch the website (not great for mobile users who sometimes cannot click the copy button and so have to select everything manually) but that it would encourage especially resellers to just lump all their accents under one search, with just resell as the keyword. Which is something that happens far too often already.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
@Alestrius One slot for the cheeky claw M accent please!! I'll pay in gems. This is wonderful, I hope you get enough interest to make it worth bringing them back!
@Alestrius One slot for the cheeky claw M accent please!! I'll pay in gems. This is wonderful, I hope you get enough interest to make it worth bringing them back!
wrmgy.pngrUPiKSr.gif
@ElectricMouse Excellent username and accent interest combination. :P

And yeah, I'm hoping so too. :) Thank you for the well-wishes, and I'll set you down for a slot. <3
@ElectricMouse Excellent username and accent interest combination. :P

And yeah, I'm hoping so too. :) Thank you for the well-wishes, and I'll set you down for a slot. <3
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

My friend linked me to this thread when I mentioned wanting a Pikachu-themed dragon lol

Gems sent! (Looks like you put me in the wrong slot tho)
My friend linked me to this thread when I mentioned wanting a Pikachu-themed dragon lol

Gems sent! (Looks like you put me in the wrong slot tho)
wrmgy.pngrUPiKSr.gif
1 2