Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Greenskeeper Gathering 2018 Discussion
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36
@Paladingineer
thats the thing though, pointing it out is one thing, saying things like "I got tired of repeating myself so I'm making this tutorial instead" sounds like "Oh Im Doing You A Favor" and its super duper condescending. plus it doesnt make ppl feel better to see others being spoken to in the same manner, at least it doesn't for me.
The reason I didn't mind the other persons comment is because they were respectful about it, rather than "Oh you're making a newbie mistake"
I'm not a newbie. I've been on this site for 2+ years now, and participated in festival accent contests for over half of the ones I've been present for, and even won runner up.

I did not ask for your advice, so no, you don't have any right to be "tired of telling people over and over" because while I cannot speak for the other people you pinged, I did not ask for you to "Repeat Yourself" to me.
@Paladingineer
thats the thing though, pointing it out is one thing, saying things like "I got tired of repeating myself so I'm making this tutorial instead" sounds like "Oh Im Doing You A Favor" and its super duper condescending. plus it doesnt make ppl feel better to see others being spoken to in the same manner, at least it doesn't for me.
The reason I didn't mind the other persons comment is because they were respectful about it, rather than "Oh you're making a newbie mistake"
I'm not a newbie. I've been on this site for 2+ years now, and participated in festival accent contests for over half of the ones I've been present for, and even won runner up.

I did not ask for your advice, so no, you don't have any right to be "tired of telling people over and over" because while I cannot speak for the other people you pinged, I did not ask for you to "Repeat Yourself" to me.
NqTy8Tb.png
@foxghosts I love your entry! The little flowers are very fitting for little faes :)

@MulberryScroll both of your entries are so cool! I personally like the first one better because the branchwork is so intricate but I hope either of yours wins!

@Judithan I've just been staring at your entries because I'm so in love with them! I may not know anything about making skins/accents, but I do know that they are stunning. Rooting for yours!
@foxghosts I love your entry! The little flowers are very fitting for little faes :)

@MulberryScroll both of your entries are so cool! I personally like the first one better because the branchwork is so intricate but I hope either of yours wins!

@Judithan I've just been staring at your entries because I'm so in love with them! I may not know anything about making skins/accents, but I do know that they are stunning. Rooting for yours!
tumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo6_250.png
@Judithan
Would it help if the image said "common mistakes" instead of "common newbie mistakes"?

No, you didn't ask - but few people who make mistakes do ask, because they're not aware they made a mistake.

I absolutely do have a right to be tired of it. I'm just trying to make sure people are aware of things that could disqualify them, so they have a chance to fix the problem. I used to ping individually, and ended up having to post literally dozens of times to inform people of the same six mistakes, every single contest. Who wouldn't get tired of that?
I could make it easier for myself or I could let them go on not having any chance to win without even knowing why.

So I took the former path. I'm helpful, not nice.

If you want to continue this discussion we can take it to PM.
@Judithan
Would it help if the image said "common mistakes" instead of "common newbie mistakes"?

No, you didn't ask - but few people who make mistakes do ask, because they're not aware they made a mistake.

I absolutely do have a right to be tired of it. I'm just trying to make sure people are aware of things that could disqualify them, so they have a chance to fix the problem. I used to ping individually, and ended up having to post literally dozens of times to inform people of the same six mistakes, every single contest. Who wouldn't get tired of that?
I could make it easier for myself or I could let them go on not having any chance to win without even knowing why.

So I took the former path. I'm helpful, not nice.

If you want to continue this discussion we can take it to PM.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
@TheMur thank you so much!! <3
@TheMur thank you so much!! <3
..............................PPC6Io9.png
x
vivi ⌉ +17 fr

lorebadges
pinkerlockelinks
oO4Btix.png
@Cerastes You aren't the only one who is happy with how that turned out! I loove it and hope it wins so badly. If it doesn't and you decide to print please add me to the ping list for it. Gotta get one!!
@Cerastes You aren't the only one who is happy with how that turned out! I loove it and hope it wins so badly. If it doesn't and you decide to print please add me to the ping list for it. Gotta get one!!
crimhasitallfiguredout.gif
@TheMur - Thank you! :D
@TheMur - Thank you! :D
QYzhmAi.png
@Cerastes
I love your submitted skincent! crossing my fingers in hopes that it wins!
@Cerastes
I love your submitted skincent! crossing my fingers in hopes that it wins!
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
@Zimao wow love your entry so pretty!!

@Talatari wow your skin is soooo cool!!!

I love these both soooooo much and hope you both win!!!! <3
@Zimao wow love your entry so pretty!!

@Talatari wow your skin is soooo cool!!!

I love these both soooooo much and hope you both win!!!! <3
r7P00ic.png
Changed my Fae skin entry out with a newer Spiral accent.
Changed my Fae skin entry out with a newer Spiral accent.
FfsFHyt.png
@ZIMAO
I love your accent (skincent? I’m not quite sure haha) submission! ♥
As for the name, I’d love to suggest “Forget Me Not”, as the colours you used remind me of the flower.

// edit: or maybe “Peace Within”... (I have too many ideas regarding name suggestions. ^^;)
@ZIMAO
I love your accent (skincent? I’m not quite sure haha) submission! ♥
As for the name, I’d love to suggest “Forget Me Not”, as the colours you used remind me of the flower.

// edit: or maybe “Peace Within”... (I have too many ideas regarding name suggestions. ^^;)
O4GfGsU.gif    liluye
she/her | fr+17 | sales
                                    
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36