Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [Int.Check/Preord.] Charcoal Bengal Skin
1 2
I have no idea what I'm doing but I've been making skins and accents and I dunno would anyone buy this do you think?? [s]Also is now an okay time to ping G.A.S.P????[/s] (I'm risking it I'm so sorry if I don't have this down right just yet aaugh -runs-) [b]EDIT 2:[/b] Thanks to some constructive criticism, I revisited the wings. Unless it needs more tweaking, this is now what the skin version will be submitted as: [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/1zq3lfo.jpg[/IMG] Also here's this photo I used for reference. :3 [img]http://www.charcoalbengalcats.com/uploads/1/9/2/0/19202953/1380056489.jpg[/img] I'm thinking I'll start it at 5 copies, and up it to ten if there's a lot of interest. Slots are currently priced at 800 a piece, but please tell me if that's over priced for a skin! [b]SLOTS:[/b] [LIST=1] [*] Takora [*] [*] [*] [*] -- [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [/List] --- --- [b]General Pinglist:[/b] [LIST] [*] @ Safirien [/LIST] --- --- [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmpTgbQOcIxOyphJ0-NUz-l_D2v_CgbkCPxV3cJnlRY/edit?usp=sharing][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZdkXYy5.png[/img][/url] [b]All Species - Male Skins:[/b] @ArtsyChap @Batcatization @beckswithspecks @Bluedragon @candor @Dragonlaird @elroking @Fenix @GlitchedGhost @IndigoPi @mangusto @Rehnen @Nymphalidae @passingavery @Pikapoochi @ranyani @refrayn @rosedragoness @Safirien @skorupi @Stasha @tangaroa @TheCunningCorvid @Uitwaaien @Ashtastic @SweetEkk0 @snowpea @serpentofmoe @Britty @Tunesmith @Cashew -- [b]Male Coatl Skins:[/b] @Asmea @crystaldragon @Danizaurs @freckledbooks @Helena @KittyAoba @lightly @Maye @Murasaki @Nymphalidae @Peisinoe @Riko @ysunkoiw @Prabha
I have no idea what I'm doing but I've been making skins and accents and I dunno would anyone buy this do you think?? Also is now an okay time to ping G.A.S.P????
(I'm risking it I'm so sorry if I don't have this down right just yet aaugh -runs-)

EDIT 2: Thanks to some constructive criticism, I revisited the wings. Unless it needs more tweaking, this is now what the skin version will be submitted as:

1zq3lfo.jpg

Also here's this photo I used for reference. :3

1380056489.jpg

I'm thinking I'll start it at 5 copies, and up it to ten if there's a lot of interest. Slots are currently priced at 800 a piece, but please tell me if that's over priced for a skin!

SLOTS:
  1. Takora

2. --

---
---

General Pinglist:
  • @ Safirien
---
---

ZdkXYy5.png

All Species - Male Skins:

@ArtsyChap @Batcatization @beckswithspecks @Bluedragon @candor @Dragonlaird @elroking @Fenix @GlitchedGhost @IndigoPi @mangusto @Rehnen @Nymphalidae @passingavery @Pikapoochi @ranyani @refrayn @rosedragoness @Safirien @skorupi @Stasha @tangaroa @TheCunningCorvid @Uitwaaien @Ashtastic @SweetEkk0 @snowpea @serpentofmoe @Britty @Tunesmith @Cashew

--

Male Coatl Skins:

@Asmea @crystaldragon @Danizaurs @freckledbooks @Helena @KittyAoba @lightly @Maye @Murasaki @Nymphalidae @Peisinoe @Riko @ysunkoiw @Prabha
Wind's High Level
Howling
Commanders
Dragon Lending Program
@SherokuTakari
@SherokuTakari
Wind's High Level
Howling
Commanders
Dragon Lending Program
@SherokuTakari

Very pretty, though I think the wings could use a bit of reworking/more detail?

If you have a general pinglist I'd like to be added (:
@SherokuTakari

Very pretty, though I think the wings could use a bit of reworking/more detail?

If you have a general pinglist I'd like to be added (:
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
@SherokuTakari - I really like it, even though I don't think I have a coatl it would fit for. If it was female, I'd probably buy a copy because it vaguely reminds of me the tortoiseshell cat patterns.

I'd definitely be interested if you did any other cat-themed patterns in the future though! (particularly on females, since all my cats are female lol) It's very pretty and tempting despite not having a coatl that I'd actually use it on though!
@SherokuTakari - I really like it, even though I don't think I have a coatl it would fit for. If it was female, I'd probably buy a copy because it vaguely reminds of me the tortoiseshell cat patterns.

I'd definitely be interested if you did any other cat-themed patterns in the future though! (particularly on females, since all my cats are female lol) It's very pretty and tempting despite not having a coatl that I'd actually use it on though!
dLxsQW7.png ***
Brittany
She/Her or They/Them
FR + 3
L8bbLC3.png
d8kVeqZ.gif
@SherokuTakari

I... like it. I like it a lot, actually, and I usually don't like animal skins/accents.
I do second the idea that the wings could use more work, but if I had the gems I'd toss them at you.
Ping me for future runs?
@SherokuTakari

I... like it. I like it a lot, actually, and I usually don't like animal skins/accents.
I do second the idea that the wings could use more work, but if I had the gems I'd toss them at you.
Ping me for future runs?
E6nL5Eq.png
@SherokuTakari Hm... Perhaps the wings should have more of the grey striping pattern from the cat's back leg? They just look a bit off from the rest of the design right now. Over all, a gorgeous skin, though.

You could probably also get away with an accent/skincent version as well, and it would probably have even more interest. Keep the orangey cream patterning and show the dragon's colouring under. It would probably be really, really pretty, depending on the derg.
@SherokuTakari Hm... Perhaps the wings should have more of the grey striping pattern from the cat's back leg? They just look a bit off from the rest of the design right now. Over all, a gorgeous skin, though.

You could probably also get away with an accent/skincent version as well, and it would probably have even more interest. Keep the orangey cream patterning and show the dragon's colouring under. It would probably be really, really pretty, depending on the derg.
FsBkBFa.png

changing my username... eventually. lmao
Thank you all for your feedback!

@Britty Honestly all my accent/skin ideas bounce around like nobody's business, but I'll certainly alert you if I do more!

@crystaldragon Wow, that's really cool to hear, thanks!
And to you and @Safirien I definitely appreciate the constructive crit; Do either of you have any ideas how I could make the wings better? (I'm working on making the patterning more pronounced, but I'm not sure that's the direction that really needs to be taken.)

(Also to Safirien, can I ask what you mean by "general pinglist", please? ^^;)
Thank you all for your feedback!

@Britty Honestly all my accent/skin ideas bounce around like nobody's business, but I'll certainly alert you if I do more!

@crystaldragon Wow, that's really cool to hear, thanks!
And to you and @Safirien I definitely appreciate the constructive crit; Do either of you have any ideas how I could make the wings better? (I'm working on making the patterning more pronounced, but I'm not sure that's the direction that really needs to be taken.)

(Also to Safirien, can I ask what you mean by "general pinglist", please? ^^;)
Wind's High Level
Howling
Commanders
Dragon Lending Program
@KittyAoba

Thanks~!
I did consider a skinccent, but I wasn't sure how popular they were, or what parts to make transparent. As far as the wings, thanks for the suggestion! :D I'm loosely trying out a few things, and then will continue forward with whichever looks best. The striping sounds like a good idea, for sure. :3
@KittyAoba

Thanks~!
I did consider a skinccent, but I wasn't sure how popular they were, or what parts to make transparent. As far as the wings, thanks for the suggestion! :D I'm loosely trying out a few things, and then will continue forward with whichever looks best. The striping sounds like a good idea, for sure. :3
Wind's High Level
Howling
Commanders
Dragon Lending Program
@SherokuTakari Accents tend to be more popular than skins in general, because most people don't like completely covering their dragons' natural colours. I only do it if I have a really ugly gen 1 that I need to scatter, or if the skin's colours are really similar to my dragons' colours. Though I do have one that actually has nice colours and matches well with his mate, but I like the look of the skin better.

As far as this being turned into a skincent, you could probably ditch the patterning on the wings entirely and drop the black? Also colour variations for the cream, like white, grey/silver, and black would probably be nice as well. It would make it incredibly versatile for dragons of differing colours.
@SherokuTakari Accents tend to be more popular than skins in general, because most people don't like completely covering their dragons' natural colours. I only do it if I have a really ugly gen 1 that I need to scatter, or if the skin's colours are really similar to my dragons' colours. Though I do have one that actually has nice colours and matches well with his mate, but I like the look of the skin better.

As far as this being turned into a skincent, you could probably ditch the patterning on the wings entirely and drop the black? Also colour variations for the cream, like white, grey/silver, and black would probably be nice as well. It would make it incredibly versatile for dragons of differing colours.
FsBkBFa.png

changing my username... eventually. lmao
@Safirien @crystaldragon @KittyAoba : New wings in first post! I hope you don't mind me pinging you again, but would you mind telling me what you think?

Also KittyAoba:

That makes sense, and really that's why I personally usually get accents instead of skins, but I saw that cat and I HAD to make a skin based on it!!
I'll see if I can find a way to make just the belly n' legs (and maybe face?) work tomorrow, thanks a ton for the suggestion~! :3
@Safirien @crystaldragon @KittyAoba : New wings in first post! I hope you don't mind me pinging you again, but would you mind telling me what you think?

Also KittyAoba:

That makes sense, and really that's why I personally usually get accents instead of skins, but I saw that cat and I HAD to make a skin based on it!!
I'll see if I can find a way to make just the belly n' legs (and maybe face?) work tomorrow, thanks a ton for the suggestion~! :3
Wind's High Level
Howling
Commanders
Dragon Lending Program
1 2