Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | _____G.a.s.p._____
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73
[center] [color=purple][size=7][font=corsiva][b]WELCOME TO GASP![/b][/size] ~ click the banner below to access the self-editing pinglist ~[/font] [/color] [center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/skins/icon_customskin_1.png[/img][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmpTgbQOcIxOyphJ0-NUz-l_D2v_CgbkCPxV3cJnlRY/edit?usp=sharing][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZdkXYy5.png[/img][/url][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/skins/icon_accent_1.png[/img] [size=4][b] Google Doc Credit goes to @cniht![/b] . ... ...... ............ [font=arial black][size=7][b]WHAT IS GASP?[/b][/size][/font] [size=4]GASP (or 'General Accent & Skin Pinglists') is a self editable google doc resource for skins and accents. It allows [b]accent/skin seekers[/b] to add their usernames to lists that interest them ([i]ex: "Male Ridgeback Skins" or "Female Tundra Accents"[/i]) and then receive pings when a new accent is released for sale, pre-order or interest check on the forums that matches these specifications. For [b]accent/skin makers[/b], GASP pinglists can be copied and posted to personal 'accent shops' (threads) when releasing accents matching one of more of the breed/sex specific categories.[/size] For in-depth details on how to properly use GASP, please scroll to the [color=green][b]GREEN TEXT for accent/skin seekers[/b][/color] or to the [color=purple][b]PURPLE TEXT for accent/skin makers[/b][/color]. [size=2]For those who had difficulty distinguishing between these colors, just scroll until you see the appropriate title -- "Accent/Skin Seekers" or "Accent/Skin Makers" depending on your needs.[/size] ............ ...... ... . . ... ...... ............ [font=arial black][size=7][color=green][b]ACCENT/SKIN SEEKERS[/b][/color][/size][/font] [color=green] [b]1.[/b] Click the G.A.S.P. banner above -- It will take you to the Google doc. Make sure you read and abide by the rules posted on the first page of the Google doc. [b]2.[/b] Add your username (with an @ in front) to the list/s that interest you. There are breed/sex specific tabs as well as holiday reject and 'all' tabs. Feel free to add yourself to any/all lists that interest you. [b]3.[/b] Only add your own name -- DO NOT ADD/DELETE OTHER PEOPLE. That's how pinglists get shut down/etc. For the ONLY exception to this rule, scroll to the [color=red]RED "BE INFORMED" section.[/color] Also, please TYPE your name when adding it, don't paste it! Accidentally pasting random information into the google doc can cause problems and headaches for all. Better just to type it out :) [b]4.[/b] When using the "Specific Requests" tab, try to [b]use KEY WORDS separated by spaces[/b] ([i]ex: "Nature Space Royal Pastel Zombie"[/i]) instead of full sentences. (ex:[i]"I want accents with a lot of color and only on the wings...etc[/i]"). Using strictly keywords allows us to better create these awesome [url=http://imgur.com/fJGuvI9] WORD CLOUDS[/url] of the most commonly requested themes! XD [b]5.[/b] [s]Say goodbye to your [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_gems.png[/img][/s] Wait to be pinged! :D[/color] ............ ...... ... . . ... ...... ............ [font=arial black][size=7][color=purple][b]ACCENT/SKIN MAKERS[/b][/color][/size][/font] [color=purple] [b]1.[/b] Click the G.A.S.P. banner above -- It will take you to the Google doc. Make sure you read and abide by the rules posted on the first page of the Google doc. [b]2.[/b] Copy/paste the names from the appropriate breed/sex column/s into your post... and don't forget to ALSO copy/paste the names from the appropriate ALL BREEDS TAB. [b]3.[/b] IN THE SAME POST AS YOUR PING, INCLUDE A PREVIEW/EXAMPLE/PIC OF THE SKIN/ACCENT IN QUESTION. People get frustrated if you make them hunt for it, or navigate back to other pages in order to see why they were pinged. [b]4.[/b] IN THE SAME POST AS YOUR PING, INCLUDE A LINK BACK TO THE GASP. [i](Very Important!)[/i] This ensures people can easily find it and add/delete their names if they were pinged when they didn't want to be, etc. [b]7.[/b] ALWAYS COPY THE NAMES FROM THE GOOGLE DOC, NEVER FROM A PREVIOUS POST OF YOURS, OR SOMEONE ELSE'S POST. Names are constantly being added/deleted, and copying a previously used pinglist can cause confusion and frustration for seekers. [b]8.[/b] You can GASP ping once to any accent/skin, regardless of how long it's been available on your personal board. However, do NOT ping people from GASP twice for the same accent/skin -- unless you're re-releasing that accent/skin after a long hiatus/retirement/cycle out of 6+ months. [b]9.[/b] [s]Take advantage of the "remove duplicate pings" tool posted on the google doc if you're pinging for more than one skin/accent at a time. For immediate access to the link, click [url=http://www.tracemyip.org/tools/remove-duplicate-words-in-text/][b]HERE[/b][/url][/s] FR seems to have fixed this, but we'll leave the link up just in case :) [b]10.[/b] [s]Bathe in a swimming pool of [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_gems.png[/img][/s] Watch your business grow! [/color] ............ ...... ... . [size=5][b]Questions? Comments? Concerns?[/b][/size] @ABDERUS is currently on semi-hiatus (summer 2015) so pinging me will get a slower response and I will likely only respond to urgent/time sensitive pings PM/s for a while. It's nothing personal, I'm just doing a ton of camping and road tripping and running a forum on a petsite isn't nearly as easy as it was a few months ago xD That said, I'm not 'innactive' and still try to log in at least every few days. However if you need a quick response, or have an issue with the google doc itself, please ping/PM @CNIHT -- they are amazing and running everything for a months while Abderus is on hiatus. Also, they are the only one who has admin capabilities on the google doc, so any those issues should be directed to cniht first. [size=4][i] We'll do our best to keep everything running smoothly! But keep in mind that GASP is a relatively new resource and there are only two of us working on it, so we may encounter bugs and hiccups along the way. Be patient with us -- we're doing our best to get any/all problems sorted out as quickly as our real life schedules will allow :)[/i][/size] [font=arial black][size=7][b]BANNER/LINK CODES[/b][/size][/font] [b]GOOGLE DOC[/b] LINK - ONLY [code][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmpTgbQOcIxOyphJ0-NUz-l_D2v_CgbkCPxV3cJnlRY/edit?usp=sharing]GASP[/url][/code] [b]THIS BOARD[/b] LINK - ONLY [code][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=skin&id=1366167]GASP[/url][/code] [b]GOOGLE DOC[/b] LINK + BANNER [code][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmpTgbQOcIxOyphJ0-NUz-l_D2v_CgbkCPxV3cJnlRY/edit?usp=sharing][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZdkXYy5.png[/img][/url][/code] [b]THIS BOARD[/b] LINK + BANNER [code][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=skin&id=1366167][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZdkXYy5.png[/img][/url][/code] [font=arial black][size=7][color=red][b]BE INFORMED[/b][/color][/size][/font] [color=red][b]NAMES TO BE REMOVED FROM PINGLIST IF SEEN:[/b][/color] [i][u]These individuals are the targets of bullying attacks[/u], where their names are being added maliciously to multiple pinglists without their consent as a way to harrass/bother/intimidate them with massive influx of pings.[/i] I have written permission in PM from the username/s below requesting that they be deleted from the GASP pinglist if anyone happens to see their name. THIS IS THE ONE EXCEPTION TO THE "ADD/DELETE ONLY YOUR OWN NAME" rule. If you see the name/s posted below anywhere on the GASP pinglist, YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO DELETE IT (and we thank you for your assistance!) [size=3][b][color=orange]gemajgall[/color][/b][/size] Thank you for your help and cooperation in ensuring only the players who authentically add their names are being pinged! :) ----- [i][b]ITTY BITTY ORIGNAL POST BELOW[/b][/i] -- [center][s][size=1]SO I WAS WONDERING [b]QUESTION:[/b] Would anyone else (besides myself) be interested in [u]a general, free-for-forum use pinglist[/u] for new skins/accents based on the dragon's breed/sex? Lately I've found myself mass-clicking all the skin threads on the first two pages, scanning the available accents to see if I like the art style, then posting something like the following:[i] "Hi there! Can you ping me if you ever do accents/skins for MALE IMPS? Thanks!"[/i] [size=1]I may even have Imp-bombed your board already[/size] xD And since I'm starting to feel like a robot (not to mention pushy and demanding, rawr) I was wondering if other people out there would find the aforementioned "Breed+Sex" specific pinglists helpful or useful? I'm not sure of the logistics about how we'd set one up. Probably an editable google doc? But I'm like an 800 year old brain in a 20something body... how do I google doc? c_c [size=1] don't judge me[/size] I dunno -- maybe it's a silly idea. I see a lot of ways it could be abused... or just get too complicated if people start adding 'conditions' or 'themes.' HM. Hm hm. Thinking face. [b]ANSWER:[/b] ? Tell me your thoughts! :D[/size][/s]
WELCOME TO GASP!
~ click the banner below to access the self-editing pinglist ~

icon_customskin_1.pngZdkXYy5.pngicon_accent_1.png

Google Doc Credit goes to @cniht!

WHAT IS GASP?

GASP (or 'General Accent & Skin Pinglists') is a self editable google doc resource for skins and accents.

It allows accent/skin seekers to add their usernames to lists that interest them (ex: "Male Ridgeback Skins" or "Female Tundra Accents") and then receive pings when a new accent is released for sale, pre-order or interest check on the forums that matches these specifications.

For accent/skin makers, GASP pinglists can be copied and posted to personal 'accent shops' (threads) when releasing accents matching one of more of the breed/sex specific categories.

For in-depth details on how to properly use GASP, please scroll to the

GREEN TEXT for accent/skin seekers
or to the
PURPLE TEXT for accent/skin makers.

For those who had difficulty distinguishing between these colors, just scroll until you see the appropriate title -- "Accent/Skin Seekers" or "Accent/Skin Makers" depending on your needs.

ACCENT/SKIN SEEKERS

1. Click the G.A.S.P. banner above -- It will take you to the Google doc. Make sure you read and abide by the rules posted on the first page of the Google doc.

2. Add your username (with an @ in front) to the list/s that interest you. There are breed/sex specific tabs as well as holiday reject and 'all' tabs. Feel free to add yourself to any/all lists that interest you.

3. Only add your own name -- DO NOT ADD/DELETE OTHER PEOPLE. That's how pinglists get shut down/etc. For the ONLY exception to this rule, scroll to the RED "BE INFORMED" section. Also, please TYPE your name when adding it, don't paste it! Accidentally pasting random information into the google doc can cause problems and headaches for all. Better just to type it out :)

4. When using the "Specific Requests" tab, try to use KEY WORDS separated by spaces (ex: "Nature Space Royal Pastel Zombie") instead of full sentences. (ex:"I want accents with a lot of color and only on the wings...etc"). Using strictly keywords allows us to better create these awesome WORD CLOUDS of the most commonly requested themes! XD

5. Say goodbye to your icon_gems.png Wait to be pinged! :D

ACCENT/SKIN MAKERS

1. Click the G.A.S.P. banner above -- It will take you to the Google doc. Make sure you read and abide by the rules posted on the first page of the Google doc.

2. Copy/paste the names from the appropriate breed/sex column/s into your post... and don't forget to ALSO copy/paste the names from the appropriate ALL BREEDS TAB.

3. IN THE SAME POST AS YOUR PING, INCLUDE A PREVIEW/EXAMPLE/PIC OF THE SKIN/ACCENT IN QUESTION. People get frustrated if you make them hunt for it, or navigate back to other pages in order to see why they were pinged.

4. IN THE SAME POST AS YOUR PING, INCLUDE A LINK BACK TO THE GASP. (Very Important!) This ensures people can easily find it and add/delete their names if they were pinged when they didn't want to be, etc.

7. ALWAYS COPY THE NAMES FROM THE GOOGLE DOC, NEVER FROM A PREVIOUS POST OF YOURS, OR SOMEONE ELSE'S POST. Names are constantly being added/deleted, and copying a previously used pinglist can cause confusion and frustration for seekers.

8. You can GASP ping once to any accent/skin, regardless of how long it's been available on your personal board. However, do NOT ping people from GASP twice for the same accent/skin -- unless you're re-releasing that accent/skin after a long hiatus/retirement/cycle out of 6+ months.

9. Take advantage of the "remove duplicate pings" tool posted on the google doc if you're pinging for more than one skin/accent at a time. For immediate access to the link, click HERE FR seems to have fixed this, but we'll leave the link up just in case :)

10. Bathe in a swimming pool of icon_gems.png Watch your business grow!

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

@ABDERUS is currently on semi-hiatus (summer 2015) so pinging me will get a slower response and I will likely only respond to urgent/time sensitive pings PM/s for a while. It's nothing personal, I'm just doing a ton of camping and road tripping and running a forum on a petsite isn't nearly as easy as it was a few months ago xD That said, I'm not 'innactive' and still try to log in at least every few days.

However if you need a quick response, or have an issue with the google doc itself, please ping/PM @CNIHT -- they are amazing and running everything for a months while Abderus is on hiatus. Also, they are the only one who has admin capabilities on the google doc, so any those issues should be directed to cniht first.

We'll do our best to keep everything running smoothly! But keep in mind that GASP is a relatively new resource and there are only two of us working on it, so we may encounter bugs and hiccups along the way. Be patient with us -- we're doing our best to get any/all problems sorted out as quickly as our real life schedules will allow :)

BANNER/LINK CODES

GOOGLE DOC LINK - ONLY
Code:
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmpTgbQOcIxOyphJ0-NUz-l_D2v_CgbkCPxV3cJnlRY/edit?usp=sharing]GASP[/url]

THIS BOARD LINK - ONLY
Code:
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=skin&id=1366167]GASP[/url]

GOOGLE DOC LINK + BANNER
Code:
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmpTgbQOcIxOyphJ0-NUz-l_D2v_CgbkCPxV3cJnlRY/edit?usp=sharing][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZdkXYy5.png[/img][/url]

THIS BOARD LINK + BANNER
Code:
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=skin&id=1366167][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZdkXYy5.png[/img][/url]

BE INFORMED

NAMES TO BE REMOVED FROM PINGLIST IF SEEN:

These individuals are the targets of bullying attacks, where their names are being added maliciously to multiple pinglists without their consent as a way to harrass/bother/intimidate them with massive influx of pings.

I have written permission in PM from the username/s below requesting that they be deleted from the GASP pinglist if anyone happens to see their name. THIS IS THE ONE EXCEPTION TO THE "ADD/DELETE ONLY YOUR OWN NAME" rule.

If you see the name/s posted below anywhere on the GASP pinglist, YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO DELETE IT (and we thank you for your assistance!)

gemajgall

Thank you for your help and cooperation in ensuring only the players who authentically add their names are being pinged! :)

ITTY BITTY ORIGNAL POST BELOW

--
SO I WAS WONDERING

QUESTION:
Would anyone else (besides myself) be interested in a general, free-for-forum use pinglist for new skins/accents based on the dragon's breed/sex?

Lately I've found myself mass-clicking all the skin threads on the first two pages, scanning the available accents to see if I like the art style, then posting something like the following:
"Hi there! Can you ping me if you ever do accents/skins for MALE IMPS? Thanks!"

I may even have Imp-bombed your board already xD

And since I'm starting to feel like a robot (not to mention pushy and demanding, rawr) I was wondering if other people out there would find the aforementioned "Breed+Sex" specific pinglists helpful or useful?

I'm not sure of the logistics about how we'd set one up. Probably an editable google doc? But I'm like an 800 year old brain in a 20something body... how do I google doc? c_c don't judge me

I dunno -- maybe it's a silly idea. I see a lot of ways it could be abused... or just get too complicated if people start adding 'conditions' or 'themes.'
HM. Hm hm. Thinking face.

ANSWER:

?

Tell me your thoughts! :D
rqoyImq.gif

Note: I often mis-type words with similar sounds (ex: Handful and Handle) or words that start the same (away and aware). I also leave out words like 'then,' 'with,' 'that,' a lot. I proofread carefully but my brain usually skips over these mistakes. My apologies if I posted jibberish on your thread! Feel free to ask for clarification! I swear I make sense. For the most part. ;D
I think that would be rad! I'm actually scouring the same way for a creepy accent to doll up a male ridgeback, and as cool as the existing skins/accents catalog is I can't actually get most of the ones listed there any more. I'm not sure about logistics, but it's very much something I would be interested in having!
I think that would be rad! I'm actually scouring the same way for a creepy accent to doll up a male ridgeback, and as cool as the existing skins/accents catalog is I can't actually get most of the ones listed there any more. I'm not sure about logistics, but it's very much something I would be interested in having!
Traitorous.gif Suspect.gif Quarantine.gif Proven.gif Trusted.gif Cleared.gif
@MyArmCanFly

Yay! I'm not alone xD

And man, good male ridgeback accents might be one of the hardest things to find on FR... I commiserate x_x And I have exactly the same problem with the existing skins/accents catalog -- that's why I think a self-editing pinglist might be nice since it won't require the OP to maintain it c:
@MyArmCanFly

Yay! I'm not alone xD

And man, good male ridgeback accents might be one of the hardest things to find on FR... I commiserate x_x And I have exactly the same problem with the existing skins/accents catalog -- that's why I think a self-editing pinglist might be nice since it won't require the OP to maintain it c:
rqoyImq.gif

Note: I often mis-type words with similar sounds (ex: Handful and Handle) or words that start the same (away and aware). I also leave out words like 'then,' 'with,' 'that,' a lot. I proofread carefully but my brain usually skips over these mistakes. My apologies if I posted jibberish on your thread! Feel free to ask for clarification! I swear I make sense. For the most part. ;D
@Abderus I'd be majorly up for that! searching for the perfect female fae accent is wrecking me. & a google doc'd probably be the best route yeah. I could maybe try to mock something up if necessary.
@Abderus I'd be majorly up for that! searching for the perfect female fae accent is wrecking me. & a google doc'd probably be the best route yeah. I could maybe try to mock something up if necessary.
she/they | adult human
art twitter
@Abderus
I think this would be an amazing idea! I've come across a discussion for making a pinglist for dessert themed accents, since there's a bunch of people that are specifically interested in those. But a pinglist specific to breeds + genders would be interesting!

As an accent creator I would totally approve of this, and would love to be able to use it! Give me a ping if you manage to create a google doc for it! :D
@Abderus
I think this would be an amazing idea! I've come across a discussion for making a pinglist for dessert themed accents, since there's a bunch of people that are specifically interested in those. But a pinglist specific to breeds + genders would be interesting!

As an accent creator I would totally approve of this, and would love to be able to use it! Give me a ping if you manage to create a google doc for it! :D
@cniht - Oh man, if you have googdoc skills it would be so awesome if you could mock something up! :D Even just a really simple, stripped down list -- that way we could give it a trial run and see if it works. :D And of course, I'm happy to help! I have limited skills in this stuff, but if you can explain to me what to do, I'll do it ^-^

@Ruurin - I'll definitely let you know if/when we get a pinglist up and running! I love the idea of themed pinglists, too ^-^ (though since there are, in theory, infinite themes, I imagine that doc could get crazy long! But so worth it xD)
@cniht - Oh man, if you have googdoc skills it would be so awesome if you could mock something up! :D Even just a really simple, stripped down list -- that way we could give it a trial run and see if it works. :D And of course, I'm happy to help! I have limited skills in this stuff, but if you can explain to me what to do, I'll do it ^-^

@Ruurin - I'll definitely let you know if/when we get a pinglist up and running! I love the idea of themed pinglists, too ^-^ (though since there are, in theory, infinite themes, I imagine that doc could get crazy long! But so worth it xD)
rqoyImq.gif

@Abderus done and done! atm it should be editable so that people can add themselves but not alter what's already there.
@Abderus done and done! atm it should be editable so that people can add themselves but not alter what's already there.
she/they | adult human
art twitter
@cniht - THAT WAS SO FAST :O AND IT'S SO PERFECT!
are u magik?

.... i think you're magik.

@Ruurin - HEY RUURIN pinging ya twice in a row cause cniht did us a thing! :D
@cniht - THAT WAS SO FAST :O AND IT'S SO PERFECT!
are u magik?

.... i think you're magik.

@Ruurin - HEY RUURIN pinging ya twice in a row cause cniht did us a thing! :D
rqoyImq.gif

@Abderus shhhhhh no one must know. spreadsheet magic is a dark and mysterious art. lemme know if you have any suggestions for changes though!
@Abderus shhhhhh no one must know. spreadsheet magic is a dark and mysterious art. lemme know if you have any suggestions for changes though!
she/they | adult human
art twitter
@cniht
Oh my gosh it looks so perfect! I love how you've added a separate section for specific requests too!

Now all we need to do is keep this thread on the front page as much as possible so lots of people can find it. And @Abderus , you should probably edit your first post to have a huge link to the spreadsheet :D
@cniht
Oh my gosh it looks so perfect! I love how you've added a separate section for specific requests too!

Now all we need to do is keep this thread on the front page as much as possible so lots of people can find it. And @Abderus , you should probably edit your first post to have a huge link to the spreadsheet :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73