Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1129 1130
@SuburbanSamurai
So I had recently sent in a few copies of accents to be reprinted, but one of them was the wrong copy to be reprinted. I was sent an old version of it.
What was sent to me...

What I sent

As you can see, the newer version has a few more gold bits and red glow.

The ten copies of the old version are in my hoard and I need them replaced.
Thanks
@SuburbanSamurai
So I had recently sent in a few copies of accents to be reprinted, but one of them was the wrong copy to be reprinted. I was sent an old version of it.
What was sent to me...

What I sent

As you can see, the newer version has a few more gold bits and red glow.

The ten copies of the old version are in my hoard and I need them replaced.
Thanks
USERbanner.png
@frostkingdemetri Ah, send me back the 10 jewel catcher rubys and I'll send you the jewel catcher accents.
@frostkingdemetri Ah, send me back the 10 jewel catcher rubys and I'll send you the jewel catcher accents.
@SuburbanSamurai my accent, this one: [img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/2da1baefb5eb0d1c21a543768a93828d/tumblr_nd3i9bMkhG1rvkz6mo2_400.png[/img] was rejected due to having too much gore. but... i've seen accents WAY worse than this, mutilated and bloody dragons are something i see quite often... ? especially with riot of rot... ? i was asked to adjust the amount of gore present but i'm not entirely sure why this one of all others was denied when there are way more dramatic gorey accents published.
@SuburbanSamurai my accent, this one:
tumblr_nd3i9bMkhG1rvkz6mo2_400.png
was rejected due to having too much gore. but... i've seen accents WAY worse than this, mutilated and bloody dragons are something i see quite often... ? especially with riot of rot... ? i was asked to adjust the amount of gore present but i'm not entirely sure why this one of all others was denied when there are way more dramatic gorey accents published.
tumblr_ngqu9nJ7601u402sco1_500.gif
[img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/7ab51eca6c7a45e70b7b423451061e3f/tumblr_nd3l8voaDo1sm6syvo1_400.png[/img] @SuburbanSamurai This is an accent I submitted, and while it functions as an accent for a F Coatl (it can be worn by one, no problem), the icon displays as if it's for a male one.
tumblr_nd3l8voaDo1sm6syvo1_400.png

@SuburbanSamurai This is an accent I submitted, and while it functions as an accent for a F Coatl (it can be worn by one, no problem), the icon displays as if it's for a male one.
@Wynand Flight Rising doesn't want accents that make living dragons look as though they're being tortured or are in immense pain. Zombie dragons, such as obviously dead reanimated things with bone and darkened/dried blood are acceptable. Limited battle damage is also okay, as long as it doesn't involve excessive blood. I run any gore-related designs by a couple other mods before a rejection decision is made. Because your design depicts a lot of blood coming out of the dragon's mouth and scales and shoulder, it creates the impression of a mortally wounded/dying dragon, which is why it was rejected. Reducing the amount or severity of the wounds will help the design to be accepted.

Also the lineart and flats weren't clipped to the design, causing it to feature 100% coverage.

@Royalheather fixed.
@Wynand Flight Rising doesn't want accents that make living dragons look as though they're being tortured or are in immense pain. Zombie dragons, such as obviously dead reanimated things with bone and darkened/dried blood are acceptable. Limited battle damage is also okay, as long as it doesn't involve excessive blood. I run any gore-related designs by a couple other mods before a rejection decision is made. Because your design depicts a lot of blood coming out of the dragon's mouth and scales and shoulder, it creates the impression of a mortally wounded/dying dragon, which is why it was rejected. Reducing the amount or severity of the wounds will help the design to be accepted.

Also the lineart and flats weren't clipped to the design, causing it to feature 100% coverage.

@Royalheather fixed.
@SuburbanSamurai - Your above statement makes me concerned about my entry for RoR. Although there is no blood flowing, it does involve gore. I'd like to know where the line is drawn so my entry isn't rejected because of something like what you mentioned. [img]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah102/lana00010/Mothers2_zps50175584.png[/img] [img]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah102/lana00010/example01_zpsccf72f63.png[/img]
@SuburbanSamurai - Your above statement makes me concerned about my entry for RoR. Although there is no blood flowing, it does involve gore. I'd like to know where the line is drawn so my entry isn't rejected because of something like what you mentioned.

Mothers2_zps50175584.png

example01_zpsccf72f63.png
Accent Shop
@Pesticide Like I mentioned in the previous post, zombie style accents, Zombie dragons, such as obviously dead reanimated things with bone and darkened/dried blood are acceptable. The main concern with the rejected accent was that it made the dragon look as though it were in the process of dying, with a lot of blood coming out of its mouth and scales.
@Pesticide Like I mentioned in the previous post, zombie style accents, Zombie dragons, such as obviously dead reanimated things with bone and darkened/dried blood are acceptable. The main concern with the rejected accent was that it made the dragon look as though it were in the process of dying, with a lot of blood coming out of its mouth and scales.
@SuburbanSamurai So i have this custom accent that was rejected because it was too bloody? but the dragon neither looks like it is in pain or being tortured. this is the accent in question on the dragon it is designed for. Is this really a problem? the dragon doesn't look like its dying or any of the other problems you mentioned previously [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/ae83220fefbad00cd8a2ec703b80e84f/tumblr_nd4exxQBDi1tyl4m3o2_r1_400.png[/img] I am also genuinely concerned for the riot of rot and if you guys are being tighter on the approval of gore and blood then the riot of rot submitters reallly need to know as i can see many that will be disqualified just because of this rule they don't know
@SuburbanSamurai
So i have this custom accent that was rejected because it was too bloody?
but the dragon neither looks like it is in pain or being tortured.
this is the accent in question on the dragon it is designed for. Is this really a problem? the dragon doesn't look like its dying or any of the other problems you mentioned previously
tumblr_nd4exxQBDi1tyl4m3o2_r1_400.png

I am also genuinely concerned for the riot of rot and if you guys are being tighter on the approval of gore and blood then the riot of rot submitters reallly need to know as i can see many that will be disqualified just because of this rule they don't know
jqiTmDt.png
@suburbansamurai well there are plenty of published accents with living dragons cut up into pieces to show their guts hanging out, there are published skins with dragons flesh ripped off so their muscles show underneath, and it is very graphic. and i even own this skin, which is honestly more frightening than my accent and the dragon appears to have fresh blood on its legs and it does not appear to be dead but those boils could definitely be painful: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/skins/art/1996.png[/img] i purposely made the accent so the dragon didn't look in pain. i changed nothing with the eyes or the mouth to make it look upset, and it could honestly be renamed Strawberry drip just as easily as blood drip? i would have no problem with this being rejected if we had very clear rules, this 'as long as it's dead its ok' rule is kind of strange.
@suburbansamurai well there are plenty of published accents with living dragons cut up into pieces to show their guts hanging out, there are published skins with dragons flesh ripped off so their muscles show underneath, and it is very graphic. and i even own this skin, which is honestly more frightening than my accent and the dragon appears to have fresh blood on its legs and it does not appear to be dead but those boils could definitely be painful:
1996.png
i purposely made the accent so the dragon didn't look in pain. i changed nothing with the eyes or the mouth to make it look upset, and it could honestly be renamed Strawberry drip just as easily as blood drip? i would have no problem with this being rejected if we had very clear rules, this 'as long as it's dead its ok' rule is kind of strange.
tumblr_ngqu9nJ7601u402sco1_500.gif
@Mabeleweasley @Wynand Blood and gore is reviewed on a case-by-case basis by multiple admins, but the main idea here is to keep the amount of living dragons tortured/suffering from bleeding wounds to a minimum. If it's a costume theme, and the dragon looks like Frankenstein's monster, or a zombie, and there's some stitches with a little blood trickle, that's evaluated differently than big gaping, bleeding wounds on a "living" dragon.
@Mabeleweasley @Wynand Blood and gore is reviewed on a case-by-case basis by multiple admins, but the main idea here is to keep the amount of living dragons tortured/suffering from bleeding wounds to a minimum. If it's a costume theme, and the dragon looks like Frankenstein's monster, or a zombie, and there's some stitches with a little blood trickle, that's evaluated differently than big gaping, bleeding wounds on a "living" dragon.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1129 1130