Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1129 1130
Hi, I sent in a contact us a while ago but I realize you all must be completely swamped with those at the moment and it may be better for this particular question to be asked here; hope that's okay!

Quote:

Would it be against copyright to make faberge-based accents/skins? And by that I mean based off of the rosebud, royal danish, coronation, lily of the valley eggs? These were all created around the 1890's and so may or may not be subject to copyright. I've seen several people not apparent to be affiliated with the current company make things like salt and pepper shakers out of the exact egg designs, so I wonder if it's common ground. The House of Faberge is also founded in Russia, if that helps. Otherwise, would it be against copyright to name an accent /inspired/ by faberge - not based off of any of his specific works like the eggs, although I was wondering about doing that as well if it was alright - but if I were to make an accent that did not cater to any specific designs, would it be against copyright to *name* the accent Faberge? He was a famous man, but I think his company may have used his name as well.

Additionally, is it alright to submit two different colored versions of a contest submission and a different submission, or do the two differently colored versions count as two entries, thus barring a second?
Hi, I sent in a contact us a while ago but I realize you all must be completely swamped with those at the moment and it may be better for this particular question to be asked here; hope that's okay!

Quote:

Would it be against copyright to make faberge-based accents/skins? And by that I mean based off of the rosebud, royal danish, coronation, lily of the valley eggs? These were all created around the 1890's and so may or may not be subject to copyright. I've seen several people not apparent to be affiliated with the current company make things like salt and pepper shakers out of the exact egg designs, so I wonder if it's common ground. The House of Faberge is also founded in Russia, if that helps. Otherwise, would it be against copyright to name an accent /inspired/ by faberge - not based off of any of his specific works like the eggs, although I was wondering about doing that as well if it was alright - but if I were to make an accent that did not cater to any specific designs, would it be against copyright to *name* the accent Faberge? He was a famous man, but I think his company may have used his name as well.

Additionally, is it alright to submit two different colored versions of a contest submission and a different submission, or do the two differently colored versions count as two entries, thus barring a second?
@SuburbanSamurai Awesome :)
Thankyou so much :)
@SuburbanSamurai Awesome :)
Thankyou so much :)
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
@tec As long as an accent doesn't have a distinctive logo or design of a copyrighted character, it should be fine. Not much visual distinctiveness to infringe upon when it comes to Faberge eggs, since they're all uniquely different. It's okay to use the name, too, since the name itself isn't copyrighted.

For the second question, the two differently colored versions do count as two entries.
@tec As long as an accent doesn't have a distinctive logo or design of a copyrighted character, it should be fine. Not much visual distinctiveness to infringe upon when it comes to Faberge eggs, since they're all uniquely different. It's okay to use the name, too, since the name itself isn't copyrighted.

For the second question, the two differently colored versions do count as two entries.
@SuburbanSamurai Thank you! :)
@SuburbanSamurai Thank you! :)
@SuburbanSamurai

Hey! This accent is for Wildclaw males, but shows an Imperial male in the corner:

@SuburbanSamurai

Hey! This accent is for Wildclaw males, but shows an Imperial male in the corner:

5mDnfD3.png
@Snaphance Fixed.
@Snaphance Fixed.
Me again, sorry to be a pest but i had another rerun be denied when it has been previously approved. It was order no.6628 Space Storm, which i had previously submitted and been told it covered too much and as such i edited it and that one was allowed.
If it truly does infringed is there a way of me finding out? i use paint tool sai
Me again, sorry to be a pest but i had another rerun be denied when it has been previously approved. It was order no.6628 Space Storm, which i had previously submitted and been told it covered too much and as such i edited it and that one was allowed.
If it truly does infringed is there a way of me finding out? i use paint tool sai
jqiTmDt.png
Just out of curiousity, I went to look up a skin with a certain ID number and it doesn't exist? Skins #1998-2002 show up like this.

These would be the skins after the Riot of Rot 2013 skins. I understand if you have no clue what happened or if you can't tell me what's going on. I'm just asking for the sake of curiosity. XD
Just out of curiousity, I went to look up a skin with a certain ID number and it doesn't exist? Skins #1998-2002 show up like this.

These would be the skins after the Riot of Rot 2013 skins. I understand if you have no clue what happened or if you can't tell me what's going on. I'm just asking for the sake of curiosity. XD
@Mabeleweasley It looks like the previous submission was named SpaceStorm, with no space in between the words, so it didn't pop up when Space Storm was searched for in the database. As the 30% rule goes, it's kind of on the fence, since there is a lot of transparency. I did previously approve it, though. Submit it again and I'll send you the accents.

Concerning using the histogram in SAI, I'm sorry, it's outside of my knowledge base, but I do intend to practice with SAI so I know the program better.

@Piney That just means there's no skin with that number assigned to it, which is why no image or description pops up. There a lot of number gaps like that, I don't know the technical reasons, just that it's not the result of deleted skins.
@Mabeleweasley It looks like the previous submission was named SpaceStorm, with no space in between the words, so it didn't pop up when Space Storm was searched for in the database. As the 30% rule goes, it's kind of on the fence, since there is a lot of transparency. I did previously approve it, though. Submit it again and I'll send you the accents.

Concerning using the histogram in SAI, I'm sorry, it's outside of my knowledge base, but I do intend to practice with SAI so I know the program better.

@Piney That just means there's no skin with that number assigned to it, which is why no image or description pops up. There a lot of number gaps like that, I don't know the technical reasons, just that it's not the result of deleted skins.
@SuburbanSamurai
ahh thats my bad with the name. Thank you once again for the response, i'll send it in again.
And thank you for getting to know sai more, i expect quite a few skin and accent makers use it so its very nice of you to support us :)
@SuburbanSamurai
ahh thats my bad with the name. Thank you once again for the response, i'll send it in again.
And thank you for getting to know sai more, i expect quite a few skin and accent makers use it so its very nice of you to support us :)
jqiTmDt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1129 1130