Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It’s Just Us OOC (Open!) (5/8)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
In the world of our story, there are normal humans... and then there are ghouls. Ghouls look, act, and talk like humans, but they are very very different. They have a organ in their backs called a kagune, which can manifest suddenly and can be used has a weapon in combat or for hunting. Their sclera turns black and their irises red when they are excited, hungry, or really angry. They have enhanced speed, strength, senses, and intelligence. They are the perfect killing machines, and there is one trait that makes them even more dangerous. They can only survive on human flesh. Most ghouls don’t try to kill people, they’re content to visit suicide spots and “harvest” the flesh, or go to morgues and request it off of a unidentified body. Others, are cold-blooded killers. They relish killing and believe that ghouls should be the dominant race on the planet. Because of these types of ghouls, humans believe all ghouls are bad and work with a worldwide agency called the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) to wipe out the ghouls.

Because of this, ghouls live in secrecy, hiding who they are to avoid death at the hands of the CCG, or other ghouls who might take advantage of a weaker ghoul to snack. There are ghoul and human hybrids though, but they to are hunted because of their ghoul heritage. There are half-ghouls, who possess the abilities of ghouls but are somehow more powerful because of their human blood. They can be created naturally, but this is very very rare, or artificially by placing ghoul organs into a human. Both of these methods have a very low chance of success, making half ghouls even more rare. There are also half-humans, who don’t possess a kagune and can function like a normal human, but have enhanced speed and strength.

Our story focuses on a group of ghouls, half-ghouls, and maybe half-humans who are living in Chicago. They attempt to avoid hostile ghouls and the CCG, all while balancing their “human” lives and keeping their true identity secret. Will they fail and be slaughtered, or maybe live to see the end of this dark time?

Okay, this is based off the horror/thriller anime Tokyo Ghoul. Most of the elements like ghouls and the CCG are from the anime, and I would recommend watching a few episodes just because it’s realllllly sticking good, in my opinion. You can still RP if you haven’t watched the show, I’m always here to answer questions! The show is rated M for very bloody scenes, acouple of adult scenes towards the end of the show, and disturbing images, but we will try to kept this as ummmmmm... soft as possible.

Rules:

1: Bloody scenes and swearing are allowed, but keep it to a minimum. NO ADULT SCENES.
2: Hate the character, not the person.
3: LGBTQ+ is supported and welcomed!
4: Please tell us if you will not be posting for a while or you need to leave. There will be a posting order just btw.
5: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign-ups:

Character name:
Sexuality:
Type of Ghoul:
Appearance of kagune (look up Tokyo Ghoul kagune to find a image, many ghouls have the same kagune):
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:

Character Slots:

1: Me!
2: EtherealEmber
3: AndromedaFlight
4: Darkmoonbreeder
5: Neintails
6:
7:
8:

IC: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2895298
In the world of our story, there are normal humans... and then there are ghouls. Ghouls look, act, and talk like humans, but they are very very different. They have a organ in their backs called a kagune, which can manifest suddenly and can be used has a weapon in combat or for hunting. Their sclera turns black and their irises red when they are excited, hungry, or really angry. They have enhanced speed, strength, senses, and intelligence. They are the perfect killing machines, and there is one trait that makes them even more dangerous. They can only survive on human flesh. Most ghouls don’t try to kill people, they’re content to visit suicide spots and “harvest” the flesh, or go to morgues and request it off of a unidentified body. Others, are cold-blooded killers. They relish killing and believe that ghouls should be the dominant race on the planet. Because of these types of ghouls, humans believe all ghouls are bad and work with a worldwide agency called the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) to wipe out the ghouls.

Because of this, ghouls live in secrecy, hiding who they are to avoid death at the hands of the CCG, or other ghouls who might take advantage of a weaker ghoul to snack. There are ghoul and human hybrids though, but they to are hunted because of their ghoul heritage. There are half-ghouls, who possess the abilities of ghouls but are somehow more powerful because of their human blood. They can be created naturally, but this is very very rare, or artificially by placing ghoul organs into a human. Both of these methods have a very low chance of success, making half ghouls even more rare. There are also half-humans, who don’t possess a kagune and can function like a normal human, but have enhanced speed and strength.

Our story focuses on a group of ghouls, half-ghouls, and maybe half-humans who are living in Chicago. They attempt to avoid hostile ghouls and the CCG, all while balancing their “human” lives and keeping their true identity secret. Will they fail and be slaughtered, or maybe live to see the end of this dark time?

Okay, this is based off the horror/thriller anime Tokyo Ghoul. Most of the elements like ghouls and the CCG are from the anime, and I would recommend watching a few episodes just because it’s realllllly sticking good, in my opinion. You can still RP if you haven’t watched the show, I’m always here to answer questions! The show is rated M for very bloody scenes, acouple of adult scenes towards the end of the show, and disturbing images, but we will try to kept this as ummmmmm... soft as possible.

Rules:

1: Bloody scenes and swearing are allowed, but keep it to a minimum. NO ADULT SCENES.
2: Hate the character, not the person.
3: LGBTQ+ is supported and welcomed!
4: Please tell us if you will not be posting for a while or you need to leave. There will be a posting order just btw.
5: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign-ups:

Character name:
Sexuality:
Type of Ghoul:
Appearance of kagune (look up Tokyo Ghoul kagune to find a image, many ghouls have the same kagune):
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:

Character Slots:

1: Me!
2: EtherealEmber
3: AndromedaFlight
4: Darkmoonbreeder
5: Neintails
6:
7:
8:

IC: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2895298
Oh. I’m gay now. Hm. Also, call me Moondalf!
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
My character:

Name: Briar “Rose” Erickson

Type of Ghoul: Full Ghoul

Gender Identity: Female

Sexuality: Pan

Appearance of kagune: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftokyoghoul.fandom.com%2Fwiki%2FAyato_Kirishima&psig=AOvVaw2pjiAQgu-N6uAtXdnCMQur&ust=1596157388854000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPiQ9_Dj8-oCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD (not my image!) Ukaku

Appearance: Briar has dyed blue and black hair which is very long and wavy. She keeps it keep up in either a tight ponytail or two messy braids. Her eyes are such a light blue that they can look white at times and she has naturally pale skin. She is fairly skinny with a bit of muscle, but looks very delicate and graceful. When she’s in a battle though, she surprises her opponents with her speed and strength. She decently curvy and often wears short sleeved shirts and jeans.

Personality: Briar is very shy and sweet. She is great to be around and sometimes lets her silly side out with her friends. She may not tell the best jokes, but that’s what makes her funny. She adores animals and owns a rescue dog named Doodles. She has social anxiety, which undermines her ability to make friends and trust people, and doesn’t have much self confidence. She is very emotional and experiences her emotions intensely, which can get her into trouble when she’s really mad. She loves to comfort her friends when they need her and often tries to see things from another’s view.

Backstory: Her parents were both ghouls and tried their hardest to give her a normal human life. They worked day in and day out to keep their family’s true identity a secret. When she got her kagune at around 6, which reflects her mother’s, they gave her a long discussion on that she must keep it and her real self a secret. After that day, she never really felt human. When she was around twelve, the CCG found her parents and killed them. She was at the store when it happened and was traumatized by the sight of CCG agents surrounding the bodies of her parents next to her burning house. She ran and never came back to that place. She has been living by herself for a while now, sometimes going hungry to stay hidden.

Strengths: Her ability to comfort others, speed, strength, and she’s surprisingly skilled with knifes.

Weaknesses: Social situations, gas, and memories of her parents.

Likes: Chocolate, her dog Doodles, playing video games, writing random things, doodling, and thrill rides.

Dislikes: Social interactions, touchy people, avocados, needles, and feeling like she’s not in control of her fate.

Other: N/A
My character:

Name: Briar “Rose” Erickson

Gender Identity: Female

Sexuality: Pan

Appearance of kagune: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftokyoghoul.fandom.com%2Fwiki%2FAyato_Kirishima&psig=AOvVaw2pjiAQgu-N6uAtXdnCMQur&ust=1596157388854000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPiQ9_Dj8-oCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD (not my image!) Ukaku

Appearance: Briar has dyed blue and black hair which is very long and wavy. She keeps it keep up in either a tight ponytail or two messy braids. Her eyes are such a light blue that they can look white at times and she has naturally pale skin. She is fairly skinny with a bit of muscle, but looks very delicate and graceful. When she’s in a battle though, she surprises her opponents with her speed and strength. She decently curvy and often wears short sleeved shirts and jeans.

Personality: Briar is very shy and sweet. She is great to be around and sometimes lets her silly side out with her friends. She may not tell the best jokes, but that’s what makes her funny. She adores animals and owns a rescue dog named Doodles. She has social anxiety, which undermines her ability to make friends and trust people, and doesn’t have much self confidence. She is very emotional and experiences her emotions intensely, which can get her into trouble when she’s really mad. She loves to comfort her friends when they need her and often tries to see things from another’s view.

Backstory: Her parents were both ghouls and tried their hardest to give her a normal human life. They worked day in and day out to keep their family’s true identity a secret. When she got her kagune at around 6, which reflects her mother’s, they gave her a long discussion on that she must keep it and her real self a secret. After that day, she never really felt human. When she was around twelve, the CCG found her parents and killed them. She was at the store when it happened and was traumatized by the sight of CCG agents surrounding the bodies of her parents next to her burning house. She ran and never came back to that place. She has been living by herself for a while now, sometimes going hungry to stay hidden.

Strengths: Her ability to comfort others, speed, strength, and she’s surprisingly skilled with knifes.

Weaknesses: Social situations, gas, and memories of her parents.

Likes: Chocolate, her dog Doodles, playing video games, writing random things, doodling, and thrill rides.

Dislikes: Social interactions, touchy people, avocados, needles, and feeling like she’s not in control of her fate.

Other: N/A
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Ree
Ree
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Boop
Boop
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Bump
Bump
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Boop
Boop
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
What Is a Kagune?
What Is a Kagune?
My art shop super cheap! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3074098/1#post_49545725
She/her
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2932938#post_2932938 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
It’s a organ in a ghoul or half ghoul’s back. They can will it to form when in combat or just whatever they want. There are many different forms that a kagune can take, and for it’s often determined by their parents kagune or who ever ghoul’s organs are in them, in the case of half ghouls.

@OscarRocks
It’s a organ in a ghoul or half ghoul’s back. They can will it to form when in combat or just whatever they want. There are many different forms that a kagune can take, and for it’s often determined by their parents kagune or who ever ghoul’s organs are in them, in the case of half ghouls.

@OscarRocks
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Character name: Atlas Gray Walker
Gender Identity: Male
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance of kagune: Atlas has three thin light orange bikaku kagune with red tints and the middle is around 5 foot long and is roughly 2 feet longer then the outside two. Running along both sides of his kagune are small, prickly spines and at the tip of his middle bikaku is a sharp irregular shaped arrow, which looks like two arrows with one placed underneath.
Appearance: Atlas is fairly tall, standing at just an inch under 6 foot with short, tousled dark brown hair and vibrant cerulean eyes. He is a bit on the lanky side with little to no muscle and his complexion is a weak, fading tan.
Personality: Atlas comes across as a bit cynical and aloof, mostly keeping to himself. He's skeptical and has always had issues with trusting others, although he's calm and collected and is fairly good at maintaining a conversation, whether he likes the individual in question or not.
Backstory: Atlas was born to a half ghoul and a full ghoul, however both were killed when he was young and he was tossed around from relative to relative, he had no clue what he was and all he could recall was his parents practically screaming at him to never tell or show anyone about it and he was just as baffled as each relative who took him in, nobody could explain why he was constantly hungry and constantly sick after eating. After bouncing from relative to relative, he was taken in by his father's brother, who had been out of the country at the time. Despite being human, Atlas' uncle had a basic understanding of what Atlas was and what he needed to eat, his brother, a half ghoul having explained it to him a few years back after he stumbled in on his brother eating in an alley at the back of their house. From a promise he had made, he took Atlas in and did everything he could to assist with Atlas' dietary needs.
At 19, Atlas' uncle was arrested for grave robbing and a few other crimes and with his absence, Atlas had been evicted from their house and ended up leaving his city to live elsewhere.
Strengths: Atlas is quite swift on his feet and has good vision.
Weaknesses: Atlas has limited knowledge of his own kind and as such, he doesn't know much about things such as CCG. Atlas has weak lungs because his uncle smoked a lot and in the long run, he has low endurance. Despite being a cat lover, he is allergic to cats.
Likes: Quiet places where he can relax, he has a soft spot for animals; especially cats.
Dislikes: Getting involved with others, going hungry but he equally doesn't like taking lives in which he has began to do since his uncle was arrested.
Other:
- Upon first meeting, Atlas will introduce himself as 'Gray Walker', an alias of sorts, although Gray is simply his middle name. If he finds the individual trust worthy, he will proceed to tell them his real name.

Character name: Atlas Gray Walker
Gender Identity: Male
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance of kagune: Atlas has three thin light orange bikaku kagune with red tints and the middle is around 5 foot long and is roughly 2 feet longer then the outside two. Running along both sides of his kagune are small, prickly spines and at the tip of his middle bikaku is a sharp irregular shaped arrow, which looks like two arrows with one placed underneath.
Appearance: Atlas is fairly tall, standing at just an inch under 6 foot with short, tousled dark brown hair and vibrant cerulean eyes. He is a bit on the lanky side with little to no muscle and his complexion is a weak, fading tan.
Personality: Atlas comes across as a bit cynical and aloof, mostly keeping to himself. He's skeptical and has always had issues with trusting others, although he's calm and collected and is fairly good at maintaining a conversation, whether he likes the individual in question or not.
Backstory: Atlas was born to a half ghoul and a full ghoul, however both were killed when he was young and he was tossed around from relative to relative, he had no clue what he was and all he could recall was his parents practically screaming at him to never tell or show anyone about it and he was just as baffled as each relative who took him in, nobody could explain why he was constantly hungry and constantly sick after eating. After bouncing from relative to relative, he was taken in by his father's brother, who had been out of the country at the time. Despite being human, Atlas' uncle had a basic understanding of what Atlas was and what he needed to eat, his brother, a half ghoul having explained it to him a few years back after he stumbled in on his brother eating in an alley at the back of their house. From a promise he had made, he took Atlas in and did everything he could to assist with Atlas' dietary needs.
At 19, Atlas' uncle was arrested for grave robbing and a few other crimes and with his absence, Atlas had been evicted from their house and ended up leaving his city to live elsewhere.
Strengths: Atlas is quite swift on his feet and has good vision.
Weaknesses: Atlas has limited knowledge of his own kind and as such, he doesn't know much about things such as CCG. Atlas has weak lungs because his uncle smoked a lot and in the long run, he has low endurance. Despite being a cat lover, he is allergic to cats.
Likes: Quiet places where he can relax, he has a soft spot for animals; especially cats.
Dislikes: Getting involved with others, going hungry but he equally doesn't like taking lives in which he has began to do since his uncle was arrested.
Other:
- Upon first meeting, Atlas will introduce himself as 'Gray Walker', an alias of sorts, although Gray is simply his middle name. If he finds the individual trust worthy, he will proceed to tell them his real name.

@EtherealEmber

Accepted!
@EtherealEmber

Accepted!
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12