Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Of Sorcerers and Such (PRIVATE THREAD)
1 2 3 4
Mentions: Celeste (not by name)
What a quiet room. Victoria didn't remember ever seeing this place before, but then again, she was usually confined to her own tiny room, or Ms Blake's laboratory.

Perhaps 'laboratory' wasn't the right word for it.

Anyhow, the room she'd stumbled into - quite by accident, of course, no proper apprentice should go wandering about in their mentor's home on purpose - was much brighter than the rest of the cave, but that did make sense, as it was, well, a cave. The candles on the wall were alight with friendly orange flame, and the shadows cast on the stone of the walls were less intimidating than curious.

Victoria had never been one for curiosity. She was far too stubborn - or self-respecting, as she preferred - to go squawking to an adult when faced with a dilemma. She'd much rather deal with whatever it was on her own, which was what she planned to do at that exact moment.

That was, of course, just until she fell face forward over a bundle of something just inside the doorway.

Thank god Ms Blake was occupied elsewhere.

Hopefully.
aaaand we're off! really sorry for the delay in getting this started, school has been pretty difficult lately.
@FrostSol @Sincerity11
Mentions: Celeste (not by name)
What a quiet room. Victoria didn't remember ever seeing this place before, but then again, she was usually confined to her own tiny room, or Ms Blake's laboratory.

Perhaps 'laboratory' wasn't the right word for it.

Anyhow, the room she'd stumbled into - quite by accident, of course, no proper apprentice should go wandering about in their mentor's home on purpose - was much brighter than the rest of the cave, but that did make sense, as it was, well, a cave. The candles on the wall were alight with friendly orange flame, and the shadows cast on the stone of the walls were less intimidating than curious.

Victoria had never been one for curiosity. She was far too stubborn - or self-respecting, as she preferred - to go squawking to an adult when faced with a dilemma. She'd much rather deal with whatever it was on her own, which was what she planned to do at that exact moment.

That was, of course, just until she fell face forward over a bundle of something just inside the doorway.

Thank god Ms Blake was occupied elsewhere.

Hopefully.
aaaand we're off! really sorry for the delay in getting this started, school has been pretty difficult lately.
@FrostSol @Sincerity11
76927939ad6134c1b5b0fa472803ca4b.png
It was a quiet days settled within the palace walls. Lea was listening to her older half-brother mulling over a lesson from their father's advisor. The lesser cloaked demon occasionally correcting the young prince when he'd spoken something wrong. The red-haired half-demon rolled her eyes, resting her elbow on the arm of her chair all while propping up her head.

The voices of her underlings whispering in her head from the telepathic link she shared with them all, but the most prominent was her closest friend and bodyguard. Said man was glaring at her from the door. His heterochromatic eyes glowing in the dull lighting. The flames of the torches on each wall flickered making strange patterns against the red-violet rug.

"Are you even paying attention?!" The youngest craned her head away as Drake's voice rose. Icy blue eyes locking on her, she hummed watching as his pupil became little more than slits against the blue hue.

"If I say no?" She murmured against the palm of her hand casting him a side-glance with just as much annoyance. A migraine threatened to grow as her vision blurred while her eyes adjusted to slitted pupils and allowed her to see the swirls of color that made up the magic floating through the air. A clawed shadowy hand held a tight grip on her shoulder but she paid little mind. "What's the point anyways? It's been centuries since the last summoning."

"Because those of Wiccan descent or who dabble in Witchcraft still exist. Unless you'd like to be bound to a hapless child I suggest you pay attention!"

"Talk to me about it again in the next century." She smirked, his hair spiked up just as his tail began lashing back and forth threateningly. His aura beginning to form snowflakes in her odd view the whiteness almost blinding. With a snort, the woman was out of her seat and pacing to the door. Viktor, her bodyguard, already reaching for the door and holding it open as she brushed past him.

"Get back here!" Drake made to pursue but the Wendigo stood between his mistress' brother and the door giving the man a hard glare before he turned and followed the red-haired fiendess.

( You're good, I've been fairly distracted myself! ))
It was a quiet days settled within the palace walls. Lea was listening to her older half-brother mulling over a lesson from their father's advisor. The lesser cloaked demon occasionally correcting the young prince when he'd spoken something wrong. The red-haired half-demon rolled her eyes, resting her elbow on the arm of her chair all while propping up her head.

The voices of her underlings whispering in her head from the telepathic link she shared with them all, but the most prominent was her closest friend and bodyguard. Said man was glaring at her from the door. His heterochromatic eyes glowing in the dull lighting. The flames of the torches on each wall flickered making strange patterns against the red-violet rug.

"Are you even paying attention?!" The youngest craned her head away as Drake's voice rose. Icy blue eyes locking on her, she hummed watching as his pupil became little more than slits against the blue hue.

"If I say no?" She murmured against the palm of her hand casting him a side-glance with just as much annoyance. A migraine threatened to grow as her vision blurred while her eyes adjusted to slitted pupils and allowed her to see the swirls of color that made up the magic floating through the air. A clawed shadowy hand held a tight grip on her shoulder but she paid little mind. "What's the point anyways? It's been centuries since the last summoning."

"Because those of Wiccan descent or who dabble in Witchcraft still exist. Unless you'd like to be bound to a hapless child I suggest you pay attention!"

"Talk to me about it again in the next century." She smirked, his hair spiked up just as his tail began lashing back and forth threateningly. His aura beginning to form snowflakes in her odd view the whiteness almost blinding. With a snort, the woman was out of her seat and pacing to the door. Viktor, her bodyguard, already reaching for the door and holding it open as she brushed past him.

"Get back here!" Drake made to pursue but the Wendigo stood between his mistress' brother and the door giving the man a hard glare before he turned and followed the red-haired fiendess.

( You're good, I've been fairly distracted myself! ))
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
Celeste sat at her desk carefully studying a book that was written in an old ancient language. The book was an old leather bound book, with pages that were yellowed and the words on the page were faded, the outside of the book gave no indication on what it was, although she knew that it was an ancient spell book.

Her sandy blonde hair draped over her shoulders and as it fell in her face she ran her hand through it tucking behind her ear again. Her fingers ran over the text on one of the pages of this book. The particular spell the book was opened to had plenty of text on it and a picture depicting a summoning circle. The circle in the picture seemed remotely familiar but she didn't know what it was. She had no idea what the spells in the book were for, but she was trying to decipher it using other similar seeming languages she knew.

So far Celeste had figured that the current spell she was reading was a protective spell, yet what she didn't know was that her translating was incorrect. The spell was a summoning spell. She knew there may be mistakes in her translating but she didn't really care, for witchcraft was already not a complete science, she loved experimenting with magic anyways, she did stay away from spells that seemed particularly ominous though.

Once the witch finished her crude translation of the spell she decided it was time to test it one of the few spells she had just translated out, deciding it would be a good idea as any to start with the one she just finished. She quickly grabbed the book and the paper that she had translated it onto and then got up from her desk and left her room. Celeste passed through a few rooms before entering her work area, or her laboratory as she heard her apprentice sometimes call it.

The laboratory was a relatively empty room, there were a couple tables in the room with various assorted items on them, none of which made much sense. There was also a row of cabinets and even a fridge on one wall, all of which just held various things that might be necessary for her witchcraft. She headed to one of the tables and put down her paper and book, and then grabbed a piece of chalk off the table. She then walked to the large empty center of the room, and knelt down on the floor and began to draw the summoning circle depicted in the book.

((It's all good, I understand, btw I don't know much about these types of topics, so I might just take some liberties, feel free to correct me if I mess anything up))
Celeste sat at her desk carefully studying a book that was written in an old ancient language. The book was an old leather bound book, with pages that were yellowed and the words on the page were faded, the outside of the book gave no indication on what it was, although she knew that it was an ancient spell book.

Her sandy blonde hair draped over her shoulders and as it fell in her face she ran her hand through it tucking behind her ear again. Her fingers ran over the text on one of the pages of this book. The particular spell the book was opened to had plenty of text on it and a picture depicting a summoning circle. The circle in the picture seemed remotely familiar but she didn't know what it was. She had no idea what the spells in the book were for, but she was trying to decipher it using other similar seeming languages she knew.

So far Celeste had figured that the current spell she was reading was a protective spell, yet what she didn't know was that her translating was incorrect. The spell was a summoning spell. She knew there may be mistakes in her translating but she didn't really care, for witchcraft was already not a complete science, she loved experimenting with magic anyways, she did stay away from spells that seemed particularly ominous though.

Once the witch finished her crude translation of the spell she decided it was time to test it one of the few spells she had just translated out, deciding it would be a good idea as any to start with the one she just finished. She quickly grabbed the book and the paper that she had translated it onto and then got up from her desk and left her room. Celeste passed through a few rooms before entering her work area, or her laboratory as she heard her apprentice sometimes call it.

The laboratory was a relatively empty room, there were a couple tables in the room with various assorted items on them, none of which made much sense. There was also a row of cabinets and even a fridge on one wall, all of which just held various things that might be necessary for her witchcraft. She headed to one of the tables and put down her paper and book, and then grabbed a piece of chalk off the table. She then walked to the large empty center of the room, and knelt down on the floor and began to draw the summoning circle depicted in the book.

((It's all good, I understand, btw I don't know much about these types of topics, so I might just take some liberties, feel free to correct me if I mess anything up))
Mentions: cat who anyone can name i guess
Oh, how adorable! The something... it's a cat! An adorable little fluffy boi with tiny paws! He resembles a small black cloud, uwu...

Victoria screamed blue murder, made a valiant attempt at slamming the heavy wooden door, and went sprinting at full speed down the corridor in the direction from which she entered. For no reason in particular, anything with more than two legs absolutely terrified her, and she was in no hurry to meet yet another furry beast.

Perhaps observing her is not the best use of our time.

What about this young man out in the woods instead?

Granted, he can be forgiven for not joining us in the cave, for two reasons - the first, it's midsummer, the sun is causing every living being to swelter in shame, and climbing a mountain is a terrible idea at the moment.

The second? He isn't aware of magic, and he's made a firm decision not to be.

Oh, and Liam is also scared of people.
i can't believe i forgot to sub and didn't see y'alls posts till today omg
Mentions: cat who anyone can name i guess
Oh, how adorable! The something... it's a cat! An adorable little fluffy boi with tiny paws! He resembles a small black cloud, uwu...

Victoria screamed blue murder, made a valiant attempt at slamming the heavy wooden door, and went sprinting at full speed down the corridor in the direction from which she entered. For no reason in particular, anything with more than two legs absolutely terrified her, and she was in no hurry to meet yet another furry beast.

Perhaps observing her is not the best use of our time.

What about this young man out in the woods instead?

Granted, he can be forgiven for not joining us in the cave, for two reasons - the first, it's midsummer, the sun is causing every living being to swelter in shame, and climbing a mountain is a terrible idea at the moment.

The second? He isn't aware of magic, and he's made a firm decision not to be.

Oh, and Liam is also scared of people.
i can't believe i forgot to sub and didn't see y'alls posts till today omg
The pair trailed along the darker hallway to the main entrance. Viktor keeping a safe distance back so as to not step on his mistress' tail as she let it freely slither behind her. "Perhaps your brother is correct in his teachings?" The Wendigo finally opened his mouth only to see Lea twitch her tail in annoyance, the blade of solid bone barely visible under the tightly wound tuft of fur at the end.

"Yes, cause Drake is always right. He hasn't made a mistake in his entire career as a prince and chairman." He sped up to walk beside her matching her pace. A single electric blue eye peeking at him from the corner of her's. Slitted pupils giving away even more of her annoyance. Drawing out a sigh he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Drake is more experienced in magic usage than you, even if he's not gifted with your true immortality."

"He's also rude and hates me because my mother is human."

"Good point," he replied with a brisk nod. Lea purred making him both flush and tense up before he fell back in step behind her as they walked outside her family's palace.

"You're so awkward it's hilarious."

"Silence."

You good, XD I didn't sub either until I saw Sin had made their post. ))
The pair trailed along the darker hallway to the main entrance. Viktor keeping a safe distance back so as to not step on his mistress' tail as she let it freely slither behind her. "Perhaps your brother is correct in his teachings?" The Wendigo finally opened his mouth only to see Lea twitch her tail in annoyance, the blade of solid bone barely visible under the tightly wound tuft of fur at the end.

"Yes, cause Drake is always right. He hasn't made a mistake in his entire career as a prince and chairman." He sped up to walk beside her matching her pace. A single electric blue eye peeking at him from the corner of her's. Slitted pupils giving away even more of her annoyance. Drawing out a sigh he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Drake is more experienced in magic usage than you, even if he's not gifted with your true immortality."

"He's also rude and hates me because my mother is human."

"Good point," he replied with a brisk nod. Lea purred making him both flush and tense up before he fell back in step behind her as they walked outside her family's palace.

"You're so awkward it's hilarious."

"Silence."

You good, XD I didn't sub either until I saw Sin had made their post. ))
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
Celeste quickly finished drawing the circle on the ground. She turned and stood up when she heard a scream. She quickly slammed her book shut and rushed out of the room leaving her book and chalk on the ground next to the summoning circle. She hurried through her home quickly finding where the scream came from, a scream which she assumed was Victoria's after all there was no one else in her home, at least not that she knew of.

She entered the room where she heard the scream come from and quickly looked over it. At a first glance there didn't seem to be anything in the room. There was nobody in the room, but that didn't bother her at all. She quickly examined the room, again and then looked down to the floor to see a small black cat.

She smiled and laughed a little, and Celeste walked over to the cat. She held her hand out to the cat to sniff, before scratching it on his head. She gently picked up the cat taking him into her arms. "Hey little guy." She smiled to the cat scratching him behind his ear. It wasn't that unusual to find a cat in her home, the witch adored the little creatures she also loved dogs, all animals really. But since Victoria became her apprentice she decided to respect the girl's fear of all four legged creatures, although she did still have a cat or two roaming around the place.

Celeste set the young cat down on the floor. "Go on Ace." she told him, before turning and leaving the room. She calmly rushed down the corridor. "Hey Victoria." She called to the girl whom she saw running down the hallway. "Are you fine?" She asked kindly.
Celeste quickly finished drawing the circle on the ground. She turned and stood up when she heard a scream. She quickly slammed her book shut and rushed out of the room leaving her book and chalk on the ground next to the summoning circle. She hurried through her home quickly finding where the scream came from, a scream which she assumed was Victoria's after all there was no one else in her home, at least not that she knew of.

She entered the room where she heard the scream come from and quickly looked over it. At a first glance there didn't seem to be anything in the room. There was nobody in the room, but that didn't bother her at all. She quickly examined the room, again and then looked down to the floor to see a small black cat.

She smiled and laughed a little, and Celeste walked over to the cat. She held her hand out to the cat to sniff, before scratching it on his head. She gently picked up the cat taking him into her arms. "Hey little guy." She smiled to the cat scratching him behind his ear. It wasn't that unusual to find a cat in her home, the witch adored the little creatures she also loved dogs, all animals really. But since Victoria became her apprentice she decided to respect the girl's fear of all four legged creatures, although she did still have a cat or two roaming around the place.

Celeste set the young cat down on the floor. "Go on Ace." she told him, before turning and leaving the room. She calmly rushed down the corridor. "Hey Victoria." She called to the girl whom she saw running down the hallway. "Are you fine?" She asked kindly.
Mentions: Celeste
Doubled over, it took Victoria a moment to catch her breath following her panic, but when she did, she immediately smoothed her expression back into indifference.

"I'm quite alright, Ms Blake," she said, voice hardly shaking, but definitely with a hint of annoyance. "You know, I don't remember seeing, er, Ace, around the place in the past few month, has he, um, always lived here?"

A small window set in the ceiling of the corridor began to rattle in a most ominous fashion. Victoria glanced upward, but it remained dark and rather cozy. Deciding it was only the wind, she decided not to have another panic fest.

A boy outside was having far more trouble with the weather. It was raining, and boy, did Liam hate to have his hair wet.
Mentions: Celeste
Doubled over, it took Victoria a moment to catch her breath following her panic, but when she did, she immediately smoothed her expression back into indifference.

"I'm quite alright, Ms Blake," she said, voice hardly shaking, but definitely with a hint of annoyance. "You know, I don't remember seeing, er, Ace, around the place in the past few month, has he, um, always lived here?"

A small window set in the ceiling of the corridor began to rattle in a most ominous fashion. Victoria glanced upward, but it remained dark and rather cozy. Deciding it was only the wind, she decided not to have another panic fest.

A boy outside was having far more trouble with the weather. It was raining, and boy, did Liam hate to have his hair wet.
Lea relaxed as the warm air cascaded around her, unlike in some of the other levels of Hell the one her father ruled was a bit calmer. Dragons and Wyverns ruled the skies without quarrel and fiends of many varieties dwelled within the cities created through high-level magicks. Her underling had regained his composure and stood at her side.

With an exhale the fiendess allowed her current outfit, a dark violet dress, fade into the armor she typically wore here. A pair of crimson feathered wings pushing out from the slits along the back of her leather armor. The front laced with black scales Lea had collected from an elder dragon who'd grown fond of her company while he raised his brood.

"Going for a flight?" Viktor's deep Russian voice brought her back, the accent still amused her considering how scrawny he looked. But alas, she knew better. The man was a Wendigo known for their power, hunger, and speed. Her gaze slid to him, admiring the fading magenta color of his dyed hair. Old fading eyeshadow still clung to the dark circles around his eyes that came with the decay he'd gone through before she'd found him.

"No. You going to redye your hair?"

"I ran out of dye."

"Well, I don't feel like fighting my way out of Hell to go buy you more hair dye and makeup." Tilting her head, she glanced back forward to the bustling city beneath the large hill which supported her family's palace.

"Of course." She saw him dip his head out of the corner of her eye. His gaze eventually following her's. "Still seems drape compared to home."

"All you know is snow."

"Still." The pair walked side by side down the cracked stone street. Lea kept her wings folded firmly to her body but twitched when she felt the hidden bone shards catching on to the crevices and seams in her armor, so she ended up lifting them regally -- mentally scoffing at the image of her father and step-mother doing the same while addressing the council that popped into her head.
Lea relaxed as the warm air cascaded around her, unlike in some of the other levels of Hell the one her father ruled was a bit calmer. Dragons and Wyverns ruled the skies without quarrel and fiends of many varieties dwelled within the cities created through high-level magicks. Her underling had regained his composure and stood at her side.

With an exhale the fiendess allowed her current outfit, a dark violet dress, fade into the armor she typically wore here. A pair of crimson feathered wings pushing out from the slits along the back of her leather armor. The front laced with black scales Lea had collected from an elder dragon who'd grown fond of her company while he raised his brood.

"Going for a flight?" Viktor's deep Russian voice brought her back, the accent still amused her considering how scrawny he looked. But alas, she knew better. The man was a Wendigo known for their power, hunger, and speed. Her gaze slid to him, admiring the fading magenta color of his dyed hair. Old fading eyeshadow still clung to the dark circles around his eyes that came with the decay he'd gone through before she'd found him.

"No. You going to redye your hair?"

"I ran out of dye."

"Well, I don't feel like fighting my way out of Hell to go buy you more hair dye and makeup." Tilting her head, she glanced back forward to the bustling city beneath the large hill which supported her family's palace.

"Of course." She saw him dip his head out of the corner of her eye. His gaze eventually following her's. "Still seems drape compared to home."

"All you know is snow."

"Still." The pair walked side by side down the cracked stone street. Lea kept her wings folded firmly to her body but twitched when she felt the hidden bone shards catching on to the crevices and seams in her armor, so she ended up lifting them regally -- mentally scoffing at the image of her father and step-mother doing the same while addressing the council that popped into her head.
2W5hn3g.png
Celeste smiled kindly to Victoria. "That's good." She said. "As for Ace, I think he's been here a year or two. You probably haven't seen him much because of the fact that he likes hiding and there's a lot of hiding places for a small black cat here. He also probably tries not to bother the person who always runs away and screams whenever they seem him." She smiled gently.

She glanced over at the shaking window. "Anyways I got to get back to my work, do tell me if you need anything." The witch said before turning to walk back to her laboratory, for lack of a better word. When Celeste entered the room again she quickly looked over the symbol she had drawn on the floor.

She quickly picked up her translation of the book's page to read over it. The first and only ingredient that seemed to be on the page, was blood, preferably of the caster. 'Strange' She thought, some spells required blood but not alot, although most spells requiring blood, was blood of the witch so that part didn't seem unusual to her. Celeste put down the paper, and picked up a rubber band off the table, she quickly put her hair up into a loose and messy ponytail, figuring it'd be best for it to be out of her way for this. She the walked over to the cabinets in the room.

She opened one of the cabinets and grabbed a knife and a bandage from it. She then walked back over to the summoning circle on the ground. She held out her arm over the summoning circle. She then held out the knife and using her other hand she slashed her arm, flinching and gritting her teeth in pain when the knife broke her skin. Celeste let her blood drip down and off her arm dripping onto the summoning circle on the ground. It seemed to glow slightly when the first drops of blood hit the ground.

When she felt there was enough blood on the circle, she quickly wrapped her arm tightly with the bandage. She then picked up the book with the spell and stepped back out of the circle. Celeste began to chant the phrase at the bottom of the page, it was the final step of the spell, and the phrase was written in a ancient language much like the rest of the book so she had no idea what it said.

The witch watched as the circle began to glow, and then she took a step back when she noticed something, or more accurately someone began to appear at the middle of the circle. "This definitely isn't a protective spell." She muttered as she watched.
Celeste smiled kindly to Victoria. "That's good." She said. "As for Ace, I think he's been here a year or two. You probably haven't seen him much because of the fact that he likes hiding and there's a lot of hiding places for a small black cat here. He also probably tries not to bother the person who always runs away and screams whenever they seem him." She smiled gently.

She glanced over at the shaking window. "Anyways I got to get back to my work, do tell me if you need anything." The witch said before turning to walk back to her laboratory, for lack of a better word. When Celeste entered the room again she quickly looked over the symbol she had drawn on the floor.

She quickly picked up her translation of the book's page to read over it. The first and only ingredient that seemed to be on the page, was blood, preferably of the caster. 'Strange' She thought, some spells required blood but not alot, although most spells requiring blood, was blood of the witch so that part didn't seem unusual to her. Celeste put down the paper, and picked up a rubber band off the table, she quickly put her hair up into a loose and messy ponytail, figuring it'd be best for it to be out of her way for this. She the walked over to the cabinets in the room.

She opened one of the cabinets and grabbed a knife and a bandage from it. She then walked back over to the summoning circle on the ground. She held out her arm over the summoning circle. She then held out the knife and using her other hand she slashed her arm, flinching and gritting her teeth in pain when the knife broke her skin. Celeste let her blood drip down and off her arm dripping onto the summoning circle on the ground. It seemed to glow slightly when the first drops of blood hit the ground.

When she felt there was enough blood on the circle, she quickly wrapped her arm tightly with the bandage. She then picked up the book with the spell and stepped back out of the circle. Celeste began to chant the phrase at the bottom of the page, it was the final step of the spell, and the phrase was written in a ancient language much like the rest of the book so she had no idea what it said.

The witch watched as the circle began to glow, and then she took a step back when she noticed something, or more accurately someone began to appear at the middle of the circle. "This definitely isn't a protective spell." She muttered as she watched.
Mentions: Celeste (briefly, not by name)
Balefully separating his wet hair out of their clumped state, Liam found himself counting the strands one by one to pass the time. He had never liked rain, and he had made a solemn decision not to, mainly because he knew that however much short-term pleasure jumping in puddles brought, he'd just be stuck with soaking clothes and - worst of all - horribly damp socks at the end of it.

That was, he supposed, the biggest downside of being himself, besides his lack of company - his complete lack of ability to have fun. What was so wrong with wanting short-term pleasure? Hell if he knew, all his brain allowed was a piece of fruit once in awhile.

Candy, as always, was a strict no-no. He couldn't shake the horrible idea of disease out of his head.

Why not? That was one thing Liam just didn't know.

It took quite a while, but the clouds eventually calmed and parted, a watery streak of sunlight splitting the sky and filling the world with warmth. Liam ducked out of his little makeshift cave, stretching and glad to be able to un-hunch his back. The birds in the forest uphill had resumed their merry and taunting chirps.

Gritting his teeth, Liam turned on his heel and continued the climb.

~~

After sufficiently calming herself through an overuse of an outdated VCR player and multiple tubs of Ben and Warren's Spiced Hot Chocolate Powder, Victoria had calmed herself down enough to return to her task.

Her task, of course, was to map out her teacher's entire underground lair (she still couldn't think of a better word for it, and had mostly given up at this point), and Victoria was already completely sketching the rooms she already knew of. She also knew, however, that a good sorcerer never reveals their secrets, and so there were bound to be plenty of private sections she'd never even heard of.

Checking - mostly out of habit - her dress for stray cat hairs one last time, she strode right out of her small, heavily perfumed room, and into the unknown depths of the cavern once more.
Mentions: Celeste (briefly, not by name)
Balefully separating his wet hair out of their clumped state, Liam found himself counting the strands one by one to pass the time. He had never liked rain, and he had made a solemn decision not to, mainly because he knew that however much short-term pleasure jumping in puddles brought, he'd just be stuck with soaking clothes and - worst of all - horribly damp socks at the end of it.

That was, he supposed, the biggest downside of being himself, besides his lack of company - his complete lack of ability to have fun. What was so wrong with wanting short-term pleasure? Hell if he knew, all his brain allowed was a piece of fruit once in awhile.

Candy, as always, was a strict no-no. He couldn't shake the horrible idea of disease out of his head.

Why not? That was one thing Liam just didn't know.

It took quite a while, but the clouds eventually calmed and parted, a watery streak of sunlight splitting the sky and filling the world with warmth. Liam ducked out of his little makeshift cave, stretching and glad to be able to un-hunch his back. The birds in the forest uphill had resumed their merry and taunting chirps.

Gritting his teeth, Liam turned on his heel and continued the climb.

~~

After sufficiently calming herself through an overuse of an outdated VCR player and multiple tubs of Ben and Warren's Spiced Hot Chocolate Powder, Victoria had calmed herself down enough to return to her task.

Her task, of course, was to map out her teacher's entire underground lair (she still couldn't think of a better word for it, and had mostly given up at this point), and Victoria was already completely sketching the rooms she already knew of. She also knew, however, that a good sorcerer never reveals their secrets, and so there were bound to be plenty of private sections she'd never even heard of.

Checking - mostly out of habit - her dress for stray cat hairs one last time, she strode right out of her small, heavily perfumed room, and into the unknown depths of the cavern once more.
1 2 3 4