Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Avatar RP, but with dragons (ALWAYSOPEN)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Humans have discovered a whole new planet called Pandora, inhabited by dragons. Humans found a way to grow these dragons in labs, and attach human minds to them, so the humans can move their dragons like avatars in a video game. We have been here for a while, integrating ourselves into their society and teaching them our languages (even though our dragon bodies instinctively know and understand the dragon language in this scenario), but something bad happened... The dragons grew angry, and killed most of our Avatars, forcing us to retreat. Everyone was too scared to go back in, so...
All of you are part of a new group of volunteers. You know nothing except that you are going to get to see a real live dragon and that the scientists are going to turn you into one somehow. Your avatars are grown and placed in an outdoor testing facility to make sure you can operate your avatar correctly before letting you out into the rest of the world.

The world map is the same as in Avatar, but instead of living in the center of a giant tree, dragons live on its branches and in little hollows in the sides. There are none of the dragonlike creatures from the movie, and the mounts are seen as prey animals.

The dragons look like Pearlcatchers.

Please roleplay in third person. Thank you.

Character sheet---

Name:
Dragon appearance:
Personality:
Starting location: [possible locations: Ship heading for the planet (you'd be asleep the whole way, human form), looking at sleeping avatars (your avatar isnt awake yet, human form), Avatar Entry (going to sleep to enter your avatar's body), in a testing room (awake but not allowed outside, dragon form), and outdoor area (awake and outside, dragon form)

If you're stuck on a dragon form appearance, look at a few of these for possible ideas

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=32&bodygene=6&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=161&tertgene=0&winggene=40&wings=143&auth=88de1ad95878ca1033099353a3541d7ee103a145&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=23&bodygene=26&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=53&tertgene=0&winggene=26&wings=122&auth=c6709b1a8fdf2d7e43f31af273a85061f4ea403d&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=160&bodygene=41&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=0&winggene=41&wings=30&auth=c7d4f1ddd165e7f1b86ca299e8f940fc31f65da9&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=73&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=101&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=159&auth=595c1450b17ffae147ef2a72d020dc9135363fbb&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=17&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=5&tertgene=8&winggene=1&wings=152&auth=822e7e4e7a6a7b651fefc7cd9b0841341bc76f69&dummyext=prev.png

(I am not in any way saying these dragons are good but they could inspire some ideas I guess)
Humans have discovered a whole new planet called Pandora, inhabited by dragons. Humans found a way to grow these dragons in labs, and attach human minds to them, so the humans can move their dragons like avatars in a video game. We have been here for a while, integrating ourselves into their society and teaching them our languages (even though our dragon bodies instinctively know and understand the dragon language in this scenario), but something bad happened... The dragons grew angry, and killed most of our Avatars, forcing us to retreat. Everyone was too scared to go back in, so...
All of you are part of a new group of volunteers. You know nothing except that you are going to get to see a real live dragon and that the scientists are going to turn you into one somehow. Your avatars are grown and placed in an outdoor testing facility to make sure you can operate your avatar correctly before letting you out into the rest of the world.

The world map is the same as in Avatar, but instead of living in the center of a giant tree, dragons live on its branches and in little hollows in the sides. There are none of the dragonlike creatures from the movie, and the mounts are seen as prey animals.

The dragons look like Pearlcatchers.

Please roleplay in third person. Thank you.

Character sheet---

Name:
Dragon appearance:
Personality:
Starting location: [possible locations: Ship heading for the planet (you'd be asleep the whole way, human form), looking at sleeping avatars (your avatar isnt awake yet, human form), Avatar Entry (going to sleep to enter your avatar's body), in a testing room (awake but not allowed outside, dragon form), and outdoor area (awake and outside, dragon form)

If you're stuck on a dragon form appearance, look at a few of these for possible ideas

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=32&bodygene=6&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=161&tertgene=0&winggene=40&wings=143&auth=88de1ad95878ca1033099353a3541d7ee103a145&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=23&bodygene=26&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=53&tertgene=0&winggene=26&wings=122&auth=c6709b1a8fdf2d7e43f31af273a85061f4ea403d&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=160&bodygene=41&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=0&winggene=41&wings=30&auth=c7d4f1ddd165e7f1b86ca299e8f940fc31f65da9&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=73&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=101&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=159&auth=595c1450b17ffae147ef2a72d020dc9135363fbb&dummyext=prev.png

http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=17&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=5&tertgene=8&winggene=1&wings=152&auth=822e7e4e7a6a7b651fefc7cd9b0841341bc76f69&dummyext=prev.png

(I am not in any way saying these dragons are good but they could inspire some ideas I guess)
Name: Poppy Ochoa
Human appearance: Mousy brown hair, gray-green eyes, 5' 3", wears neutral colors like dark blue and gray a lot
Dragon appearance:
http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=21&bodygene=10&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=139&tertgene=22&winggene=1&wings=66&auth=f438181e0d5f5ea3f18d650dbd59ebc0c78aa79b&dummyext=prev.png
Personality: Has no idea what she was sent here to do, her foster parents said good bye, put her on the ship, and she's got absolutely zero knowledge of what the heck is happening. She's kind, and protective of any friends she makes, but first you have to gain her trust.
Likes: Grapes, waffles, chocolate, dragons, wolves, and that she was chosen for some sort of secret mission.
Dislikes/fears: The idea of death/dying, cashews, cats, and spiders.
Starting location: Looking at sleeping avatars (or shes going to, she just arrived right as the roleplay starts)
Name: Poppy Ochoa
Human appearance: Mousy brown hair, gray-green eyes, 5' 3", wears neutral colors like dark blue and gray a lot
Dragon appearance:
http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=21&bodygene=10&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=139&tertgene=22&winggene=1&wings=66&auth=f438181e0d5f5ea3f18d650dbd59ebc0c78aa79b&dummyext=prev.png
Personality: Has no idea what she was sent here to do, her foster parents said good bye, put her on the ship, and she's got absolutely zero knowledge of what the heck is happening. She's kind, and protective of any friends she makes, but first you have to gain her trust.
Likes: Grapes, waffles, chocolate, dragons, wolves, and that she was chosen for some sort of secret mission.
Dislikes/fears: The idea of death/dying, cashews, cats, and spiders.
Starting location: Looking at sleeping avatars (or shes going to, she just arrived right as the roleplay starts)
^ I guess no one's interested then? I'll still be here checking up on this page often... its not abandoned
^ I guess no one's interested then? I'll still be here checking up on this page often... its not abandoned
^^^ PLease? we only really need 2 people to start it off, then more might join us as we go along.
^^^ PLease? we only really need 2 people to start it off, then more might join us as we go along.
^Fine. I'll keep checking on it jsyk it isnt abandoned unless i let yall know im giving up on it
^Fine. I'll keep checking on it jsyk it isnt abandoned unless i let yall know im giving up on it
Why apologize? @NightwingStar Thank you for making a character! You can start RPing or wait for more people, whichever you would prefer.
Why apologize? @NightwingStar Thank you for making a character! You can start RPing or wait for more people, whichever you would prefer.
a) Starting off that way but, as I said, they took a bunch of clueless people. If the plotline goes similarly, awesome, but if it heads in another direction I'm cool with that too.

b) I think I'll close it at 5-6 people, so I don't overwhelm the thread with a post every 5 minutes 24/7.

@NightwingStar by the way are you following the thread? I just want to know so I can tell whether or not I have to ping you
a) Starting off that way but, as I said, they took a bunch of clueless people. If the plotline goes similarly, awesome, but if it heads in another direction I'm cool with that too.

b) I think I'll close it at 5-6 people, so I don't overwhelm the thread with a post every 5 minutes 24/7.

@NightwingStar by the way are you following the thread? I just want to know so I can tell whether or not I have to ping you
K well I haven't looked at it all weekend... sorry.
You wanna start it or should I
K well I haven't looked at it all weekend... sorry.
You wanna start it or should I
(It's fine. From now on, OOC talk is in parentheses to avoid confusion.)

Poppy woke up in the shuttle, and two pairs of hands helped her unstrap herself and a voice told her to sit up. She blinked and stretched, trying to clear her vision. There were two people standing next to her. One of them was wearing a white coat, and the other she recognized from before the shuttle took off. She gave them a shy smile, then stood up on her own instead of taking one of their hands. The white-coat-lady introduced herself as a scientist. "What are you doing," She asked, completely oblivious to the situation she had been placed in. The lady explained it calmly while they exited the ship, and then took her to see her Avatar.

About an hour later, she was shown into a room full of person sized tubes. Some of them were open, and had a human shaped dent in them. She was told to lie down in one of them, and did so. Then, the lady closed the top of the little chamber and she heard some buttons being pressed. That was the last thing she knew before everything turned into lights, and then...

She sat up, blinked, and went to rub her eye because it was twitching slightly, but something caught her hand and pulled it back down. How strange. She looked down at her.... scales. She had scales. And wings, and a tail, and a dragon head, and arms that were also legs. She looked around, marveling at how much sharper her vision was, and saw another dragon, a shiny black one, on a large metal table across from her. She tried to wave at the other dragon, but her arm- Or was it a leg now?- was pulled back down onto the table.
(It's fine. From now on, OOC talk is in parentheses to avoid confusion.)

Poppy woke up in the shuttle, and two pairs of hands helped her unstrap herself and a voice told her to sit up. She blinked and stretched, trying to clear her vision. There were two people standing next to her. One of them was wearing a white coat, and the other she recognized from before the shuttle took off. She gave them a shy smile, then stood up on her own instead of taking one of their hands. The white-coat-lady introduced herself as a scientist. "What are you doing," She asked, completely oblivious to the situation she had been placed in. The lady explained it calmly while they exited the ship, and then took her to see her Avatar.

About an hour later, she was shown into a room full of person sized tubes. Some of them were open, and had a human shaped dent in them. She was told to lie down in one of them, and did so. Then, the lady closed the top of the little chamber and she heard some buttons being pressed. That was the last thing she knew before everything turned into lights, and then...

She sat up, blinked, and went to rub her eye because it was twitching slightly, but something caught her hand and pulled it back down. How strange. She looked down at her.... scales. She had scales. And wings, and a tail, and a dragon head, and arms that were also legs. She looked around, marveling at how much sharper her vision was, and saw another dragon, a shiny black one, on a large metal table across from her. She tried to wave at the other dragon, but her arm- Or was it a leg now?- was pulled back down onto the table.
@Werrew11 [b]Name:[/b] Alkamin Ninuki [Alka for short] [b]Age:[/b] 20 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Human Appearance:[/b] A red head with short scraggy hair. Just reaching the neck in length. With brown eyes and a slight tan. He tends to wear jackets, more jackets and hoodies with fluffy insides. Most range from white to black in color. While wearing pants, sweat pants and anything that is fairly comfortable. Is 5'10" 1/2. [b]Dragon Appearance:[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=239591&skin=0&apparel=11516&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] He is a persistent and determined person. Being very stubborn yet admits when he was wrong in the end. Has a fight instead of flight sort of personality. He loves a good spar with others. Has a loud voice and a very outgoing attitude. When it comes to sparring and fighting he gets really competitive. Though he is very friendly otherwise. He doesn’t seek any real fights, more preferring a joking sort of attitude. When you are a friend he stands by you even if anyone else would think you crazy. [b]Likes:[/b] Chocolate Sweet fruits Sparring Dragons New things/places Cats [b]Dislikes/Fears:[/b] Dogs Liars / Thunder Death/Dying [b]Starting Location:[/b] In a testing room. Has the hang of it now and is itching to get outside. (If the fur on the chest is a no go I shall remove it. Merp)
@Werrew11
Name: Alkamin Ninuki [Alka for short]
Human Appearance: A red head with short scraggy hair. Just reaching the neck in length. With brown eyes and a slight tan. He tends to wear jackets, more jackets and hoodies with fluffy insides. Most range from white to black in color. While wearing pants, sweat pants and anything that is fairly comfortable. Is 5'10" 1/2.
Dragon Appearance:
scry?sdid=239591&skin=0&apparel=11516&xt=dressing.png
Personality:
He is a persistent and determined person. Being very stubborn yet admits when he was wrong in the end. Has a fight instead of flight sort of personality. He loves a good spar with others. Has a loud voice and a very outgoing attitude. When it comes to sparring and fighting he gets really competitive. Though he is very friendly otherwise. He doesn’t seek any real fights, more preferring a joking sort of attitude. When you are a friend he stands by you even if anyone else would think you crazy.
Sweet fruits
Sparring
Dragons
New things/places
Cats
Dislikes/Fears:
Dogs
Liars
/
Thunder
Death/Dying
Starting Location:
In a testing room. Has the hang of it now and is itching to get outside.

(If the fur on the chest is a no go I shall remove it. Merp)
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11