Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Need of A Companion, Probably (ASK)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12

As the Ridgeback retreated into the trees Allaiyn felt herself relax, glancing at the Fae who'd just saved her--and the hatchling, and the white Imperial, and the other Imperial who was currently unconscious.

The male with the jaguar spots had moved in front the hatchling and herself, shielding them from the Ridgeback. As the threat disappeared into the forest Allaiyn stepped forward, addressing him and saying, "Thank you, both of you. I'm not sure what would've happened if you didn't show up."

She was about to ask their names when a sudden thunk pulled her attention back to the hatchling. The little dragon had fallen to the ground; for a second Allaiyn thought she was dead. But the blue veins sprouting across her torso continued to pulse, and one of the hatchling's claws twitched.

Allaiyn took a step backwards, closer to the spotted Imperial and farther from the ominously-glowing one. She couldn't say what exactly, but something gave her the feeling that the hatchling was alone in the wilderness for a reason.

As the Ridgeback retreated into the trees Allaiyn felt herself relax, glancing at the Fae who'd just saved her--and the hatchling, and the white Imperial, and the other Imperial who was currently unconscious.

The male with the jaguar spots had moved in front the hatchling and herself, shielding them from the Ridgeback. As the threat disappeared into the forest Allaiyn stepped forward, addressing him and saying, "Thank you, both of you. I'm not sure what would've happened if you didn't show up."

She was about to ask their names when a sudden thunk pulled her attention back to the hatchling. The little dragon had fallen to the ground; for a second Allaiyn thought she was dead. But the blue veins sprouting across her torso continued to pulse, and one of the hatchling's claws twitched.

Allaiyn took a step backwards, closer to the spotted Imperial and farther from the ominously-glowing one. She couldn't say what exactly, but something gave her the feeling that the hatchling was alone in the wilderness for a reason.
~~~~~ Ammonite purged the forest of its supply of herbs and other resources; primarily for her own gain, however she felt it was necessary to give up at least a fraction of the portion to the injured mess that lay docile in the clearing. She stopped occasionally to feed her familiar, before also realising her own hunger. She would have to feed on insects for a while, as she hadn't yet secured her a permanent and reliable source of seafood. "Apparently hare tastes similar to fish," muttered the Ridgeback. Her demonic urges to feed were becoming unbearable. She reminisced of more docile times, when she and her sisters would fight viciously for the largest share of fish. She shuddered upon realising they were still around, getting on with their personal affairs. She had recieved a letter from one of them. How oddly nice she had sounded! Disgusting. It was a mockery of her former self. Ammonite digressed. In the midst of her thinking, however, she heard a faint rustle in a thick thicket of bush. Her eyes widened. Was it, perhaps, a small rodent or bird? Perhaps even a hare, if she was lucky. The demoness crouched, pulling her mask over her snout. She stalked closer, making sure she made as little noise as possible. She decided death by claws would be the most efficient for the small creature. A pause. With a deathly quickness, Ammonite struck at the plant, pushing her claws within it to retrieve the little rascal. To her surprise, however, there was nothing. Just clawfulls of brambles and stinging thorns. She pulled her hands out in an instance, wincing at the pain. Why was a bush with no inhabitants moving in such a manner? The ridgeback hissed in her own frustrations, pounding at the ground and snapping curses towards everything she hated. Her situation, her clan- Navy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52340798] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/523408/52340798_350.png[/img] [/url] He wasn't part of this list, and yet the young and obnoxious ridgeback male was right there in front of her, his back turned. Navy; a rowdy nobody. He was so melodramatic. So terribly unbearable. Why was he here? If the clan needed to come to nature territory, why would they choose such a disgraceful representative? Ammonite didn't know what to do. She simply stood there in shock - Until he turned around. A red eye fixed itself onto his clan mate. "Helloooo, [I]Ammy~[/I]" (Ok, this new character won't be here for long; he's just a sort of "temporary obstacle" if you will, just to help the plot advance. I hope that's ok)
~~~~~
Ammonite purged the forest of its supply of herbs and other resources; primarily for her own gain, however she felt it was necessary to give up at least a fraction of the portion to the injured mess that lay docile in the clearing. She stopped occasionally to feed her familiar, before also realising her own hunger. She would have to feed on insects for a while, as she hadn't yet secured her a permanent and reliable source of seafood.
"Apparently hare tastes similar to fish," muttered the Ridgeback. Her demonic urges to feed were becoming unbearable. She reminisced of more docile times, when she and her sisters would fight viciously for the largest share of fish. She shuddered upon realising they were still around, getting on with their personal affairs. She had recieved a letter from one of them. How oddly nice she had sounded! Disgusting. It was a mockery of her former self. Ammonite digressed.

In the midst of her thinking, however, she heard a faint rustle in a thick thicket of bush. Her eyes widened. Was it, perhaps, a small rodent or bird? Perhaps even a hare, if she was lucky. The demoness crouched, pulling her mask over her snout. She stalked closer, making sure she made as little noise as possible. She decided death by claws would be the most efficient for the small creature.

A pause.

With a deathly quickness, Ammonite struck at the plant, pushing her claws within it to retrieve the little rascal. To her surprise, however, there was nothing. Just clawfulls of brambles and stinging thorns. She pulled her hands out in an instance, wincing at the pain. Why was a bush with no inhabitants moving in such a manner? The ridgeback hissed in her own frustrations, pounding at the ground and snapping curses towards everything she hated. Her situation, her clan-

Navy.

52340798_350.png

He wasn't part of this list, and yet the young and obnoxious ridgeback male was right there in front of her, his back turned. Navy; a rowdy nobody. He was so melodramatic. So terribly unbearable. Why was he here? If the clan needed to come to nature territory, why would they choose such a disgraceful representative? Ammonite didn't know what to do. She simply stood there in shock -

Until he turned around. A red eye fixed itself onto his clan mate.
"Helloooo, Ammy~"

(Ok, this new character won't be here for long; he's just a sort of "temporary obstacle" if you will, just to help the plot advance. I hope that's ok)
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

As Ivar came up to the two strangers- the silk adorned skydancer and the injured imperial- his face shifted into a pained sort of grimace. Although he did have an interest in healing, he wasn't great at it, and in all honesty blood made him nervous. Especially when there was this much of it.

Ivar was very clearly out of his element. Though he tried his best, sure, the snowy white imperial just wasn't good at dealing with pressure, and it showed in the sweat on his brow and the nervous twitching of his tail.
He leaned in close to examine the wounded dragon further, hoping to be of some help, and immediately regretted it. He looked away with a shudder.

"Oh, dear..." He said to the skydancer, "That is, ah... that looks bad. Is he going to be alright? Are you a healer?" Ivar hoped, for his own sake and for everyone else's, that the answer would be yes.
As Ivar came up to the two strangers- the silk adorned skydancer and the injured imperial- his face shifted into a pained sort of grimace. Although he did have an interest in healing, he wasn't great at it, and in all honesty blood made him nervous. Especially when there was this much of it.

Ivar was very clearly out of his element. Though he tried his best, sure, the snowy white imperial just wasn't good at dealing with pressure, and it showed in the sweat on his brow and the nervous twitching of his tail.
He leaned in close to examine the wounded dragon further, hoping to be of some help, and immediately regretted it. He looked away with a shudder.

"Oh, dear..." He said to the skydancer, "That is, ah... that looks bad. Is he going to be alright? Are you a healer?" Ivar hoped, for his own sake and for everyone else's, that the answer would be yes.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38466805] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/384669/38466805p.png[/img] [/url] Sora nodded, closing his eyes as he placed his paw on the injured imperial. The claw glowed a bit brighter, and the skydancer felt his magic mingling with the injured dragon's. He glanced up at the snowy white imperial as the smaller wounds began knitting together. "I'm not the most skillful of healers in our clan, but I can patch him up well enough for now. We'll still need to bind the worst of the wounds, I won't be able to close them up right away. And his wing and arm will need a splint before I try healing it, don't want his bones mending improperly. We need something nice and solid to get it in place, some strips of wood will work if someone could find them," he said, shifting to one of the larger gashes to focus his magic there. "First thing though, if you could help me with binding up some of these larger gashes, we need to stop the bleeding." [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15341741] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/153418/15341741p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52097001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/520971/52097001p.png[/img] [/url][/columns] Fafnir inclined his head to the dragoness, glancing down warily at the hatchling as it collapsed to the ground. He dipped his head down to get a closer look at the throbbing blue veins that pulsed through its small frame. "Careful, Fafnir," Kiril said, fluttering down nearby. She picked her way closer, warily eying the small hatchling. "Something's wrong with it. I've never seen anything like this," she said, her crests flattened against her neck anxiously.

38466805p.png

Sora nodded, closing his eyes as he placed his paw on the injured imperial. The claw glowed a bit brighter, and the skydancer felt his magic mingling with the injured dragon's. He glanced up at the snowy white imperial as the smaller wounds began knitting together.
"I'm not the most skillful of healers in our clan, but I can patch him up well enough for now. We'll still need to bind the worst of the wounds, I won't be able to close them up right away. And his wing and arm will need a splint before I try healing it, don't want his bones mending improperly. We need something nice and solid to get it in place, some strips of wood will work if someone could find them," he said, shifting to one of the larger gashes to focus his magic there. "First thing though, if you could help me with binding up some of these larger gashes, we need to stop the bleeding."

15341741p.png

52097001p.png
Fafnir inclined his head to the dragoness, glancing down warily at the hatchling as it collapsed to the ground. He dipped his head down to get a closer look at the throbbing blue veins that pulsed through its small frame.
"Careful, Fafnir," Kiril said, fluttering down nearby. She picked her way closer, warily eying the small hatchling. "Something's wrong with it. I've never seen anything like this," she said, her crests flattened against her neck anxiously.
OY2CZgk.png

Allaiyn watched as the spotted Imperial crept towards the downed hatchling, hearing his Fae companion warn, "Careful, Fafnir."

Fafnir. Well, at least I know one of these strangers' names.

Allaiyn hesitated for a second then crept forward, keeping close but not too close to the other two dragons.

"Something's wrong with it," the Fae muttered, crests flattening. "I've never seen anything like this."

Allaiyn nodded in solemn agreement. Glancing up, she saw the gold-clad Skydancer bending over the injured dragon, the white Imperial lingering nearby. If she wasn't mistaken, the Skydancer was using some kind of healing magic.

"Is he a healer?" she asked abruptly, addressing the two dragons next to her and nodding towards their companion. "Maybe he could help this hatchling."

Allaiyn watched as the spotted Imperial crept towards the downed hatchling, hearing his Fae companion warn, "Careful, Fafnir."

Fafnir. Well, at least I know one of these strangers' names.

Allaiyn hesitated for a second then crept forward, keeping close but not too close to the other two dragons.

"Something's wrong with it," the Fae muttered, crests flattening. "I've never seen anything like this."

Allaiyn nodded in solemn agreement. Glancing up, she saw the gold-clad Skydancer bending over the injured dragon, the white Imperial lingering nearby. If she wasn't mistaken, the Skydancer was using some kind of healing magic.

"Is he a healer?" she asked abruptly, addressing the two dragons next to her and nodding towards their companion. "Maybe he could help this hatchling."
((I am not gonna be able to reply for a few days!! I am having to help a lot for the preparation of a wedding and it is taking up all my time! Have fun with this though))
((I am not gonna be able to reply for a few days!! I am having to help a lot for the preparation of a wedding and it is taking up all my time! Have fun with this though))
r7LsxK2.png
((@LostDreamer that's fine! Whenever you're available just jump in. :) Have fun and good luck with that wedding!))
((@LostDreamer that's fine! Whenever you're available just jump in. :) Have fun and good luck with that wedding!))
Sounds.
She couldn’t make sense of them, what were they? Who were they? And...
Were they alive?

She felt something draw near. Her senses prickled as heat washed over her. Her nose twitched as she took in a great breath, her ears moving towards this intrusion. The veins pulsed even brighter as the chemicals registered with her brain.
Whatever was in front of her had a beating heart and hot blood...
And whatever had a heart pumping blood,
Was prey.
For the first time in her short life, something rose up in her and took control, and it was hungry. As Allaiyn asked about the healer, the hatchling’s eyes snapped open, blue light and strange goo oozing out like pus from an infected wound. Her snout contorted into a snarl, she bared sharp teeth, and with a snap of her neck she lunged at the Imperial.
What was she doing? She didn’t want to hurt-!
Her heart beat hard, stirring and fighting against this thing that drove her. In her eyes, there was fear and confusion. She couldn’t stop herself!
Sounds.
She couldn’t make sense of them, what were they? Who were they? And...
Were they alive?

She felt something draw near. Her senses prickled as heat washed over her. Her nose twitched as she took in a great breath, her ears moving towards this intrusion. The veins pulsed even brighter as the chemicals registered with her brain.
Whatever was in front of her had a beating heart and hot blood...
And whatever had a heart pumping blood,
Was prey.
For the first time in her short life, something rose up in her and took control, and it was hungry. As Allaiyn asked about the healer, the hatchling’s eyes snapped open, blue light and strange goo oozing out like pus from an infected wound. Her snout contorted into a snarl, she bared sharp teeth, and with a snap of her neck she lunged at the Imperial.
What was she doing? She didn’t want to hurt-!
Her heart beat hard, stirring and fighting against this thing that drove her. In her eyes, there was fear and confusion. She couldn’t stop herself!
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Ivar nodded quickly. He was pretty sure he could do that, if not well, at least not horribly. He placed his own paws on the injured imperial, took a deep breath, and began to channel his magic into him.

Not much happened that wasn't happening before. The gashes were still closing- although, he supposed, they were closing much more quickly now. Ivar felt he could be proud of himself for that, at least. He turned to the Skydancer.

"I've never actually done this before, so- I mean, I know how to do it, but I've never put it into practice. I hope that's not a problem. I did, however, watch someone do this not long ago- this skydancer, Ophelia, she's a great healer..."

And so on. Ivar was, in general, a talkative dragon, and when he was frightened- like right now- he became even more so. Talking was a way to distract himself from the blood and the confusion.

But he was cut off by a snarling sound from behind him. Ivar turned his head, keeping his paws on the imperial, and stiffened. The hatchling was up again, but it was different, somehow. Where before it had been skittish, it was now full of a violent rage. Where there had once been intelligence, there was now only a hazy confusion.

As the hatchling leapt towards Allaiyn, Ivar winced. He was relieved he hadn't stayed over there- although a small part of him couldn't help but wonder if this was his fault.
Ivar nodded quickly. He was pretty sure he could do that, if not well, at least not horribly. He placed his own paws on the injured imperial, took a deep breath, and began to channel his magic into him.

Not much happened that wasn't happening before. The gashes were still closing- although, he supposed, they were closing much more quickly now. Ivar felt he could be proud of himself for that, at least. He turned to the Skydancer.

"I've never actually done this before, so- I mean, I know how to do it, but I've never put it into practice. I hope that's not a problem. I did, however, watch someone do this not long ago- this skydancer, Ophelia, she's a great healer..."

And so on. Ivar was, in general, a talkative dragon, and when he was frightened- like right now- he became even more so. Talking was a way to distract himself from the blood and the confusion.

But he was cut off by a snarling sound from behind him. Ivar turned his head, keeping his paws on the imperial, and stiffened. The hatchling was up again, but it was different, somehow. Where before it had been skittish, it was now full of a violent rage. Where there had once been intelligence, there was now only a hazy confusion.

As the hatchling leapt towards Allaiyn, Ivar winced. He was relieved he hadn't stayed over there- although a small part of him couldn't help but wonder if this was his fault.
~~~~~~~~~
Ammonite's shocked expression curled into a silver-lipped snarl. The forest suddenly seemed like an expansive terrain centered around only the two of them. A battle ground.
"Why are you here?!" She yelled, flicking her tail in agitation, but also fear. The blue tones ridgeback laughed, the milky fluid in his transparent underbelly foamed repulsively within him.
"I'm guessing you already know exactly why I'm here."
He turned himself to swiftly face the demoness and glare at her with his own hellish eyes. Nautilus scorned.
"They want me back don't they?"

She sighed, but not for long as the slim, male ridgeback didn't take long to respond:
"Actually, they don't."

Ammonite's eyes widened and, despite her hatred; despite every curse she swore towards her clan and every single time she objected against their ways-

Something within her plummeted.
"W-what?" Ammonite questioned with a nervous laugh, "what do you mean?"
Navy's sleek silhouette suddenly seemed to tower over her as he himself decided to snarl at her in a way she had never seen from him before.

"Ammonite, don't play dumb. Your objectifications of our lifestyle and your constant whining was getting unbearable for even the new pearlcatcher hatchlings to deal with. I don't see why you'd be so bothered though." He walked closer to the demoness. "Nautilus has said that the oracle is keeping a close eye one you-"

Ammonite clicked; she pounced on the male, forcing him to the ground. She bared her teeth at him.
"Don't mention my mo- her!" She reeled back. "Listen; I don't care. I don't care what they want from me, she lied, "I'll make them see that I am a worthy asset to their clan and that I will only return if they listen to me-"

"Ugh!" The male gor to his feet, shaking himself to displace the dust, "how much does it take for a simple message to penetrate your thick skull?" He tapped his head with a claw to illustrate his point, "they don't care whether you return or not..."

Ammonite looked at the ground in annoyance. She desperately wanted to claw out the male's face then and there but she knew that the clan oracle's terribly cryptic gaze was fixated on her behind that translucent, blue silk.

"That is, unless you can prove yourself."

She looked up. "What do you mean?" She muttered.

"N- the clan wants to restrain you to these lands for a while. They will not leave you docile, however. The higher powers will not forgive you without punishment." The male ridgeback walked in front of her and motioned through the gaps of the trees which led to the clearing. "They've decided that their message would spread best if they sent... Challenges your way. You know what that means, don't you?"
Before a rather shoked Ammonite could respond, the male spoke again.

"Perhaps the beginning of you recovery is right over there. You already seem to have caught on-" he motioned to Ammonite's satchel with his long nose, his eyes seemed to swirl strangely now.
"I see," Ammonite spoke reluctantly, "I suppose I could... Manage it." She nodded at Navy. The two stood in silence for a brief while before Ammonite finally spoke.
"Since when were you so knowledgeable? The Navy I know is an absolute Jabberwocky."

For the final time, Navy laughed. "You still really think I'm Navy?"

Ammonite's jaw dropped. " Andromeda??"

"Navy's" body contorted itself in a quick, smoke like manner. The reconstruction of his particles to the form of a dark, cherubic spiral with eyes like an archaic vortex.
"Navy began serving the Plaguebringer days ago- but that's besides the point."

Ammonite sauntered a little before the demon materialised into thin air. Ammonite looked at the clearing with new hope; and a little less malice.
~~~~~~~~~
Ammonite's shocked expression curled into a silver-lipped snarl. The forest suddenly seemed like an expansive terrain centered around only the two of them. A battle ground.
"Why are you here?!" She yelled, flicking her tail in agitation, but also fear. The blue tones ridgeback laughed, the milky fluid in his transparent underbelly foamed repulsively within him.
"I'm guessing you already know exactly why I'm here."
He turned himself to swiftly face the demoness and glare at her with his own hellish eyes. Nautilus scorned.
"They want me back don't they?"

She sighed, but not for long as the slim, male ridgeback didn't take long to respond:
"Actually, they don't."

Ammonite's eyes widened and, despite her hatred; despite every curse she swore towards her clan and every single time she objected against their ways-

Something within her plummeted.
"W-what?" Ammonite questioned with a nervous laugh, "what do you mean?"
Navy's sleek silhouette suddenly seemed to tower over her as he himself decided to snarl at her in a way she had never seen from him before.

"Ammonite, don't play dumb. Your objectifications of our lifestyle and your constant whining was getting unbearable for even the new pearlcatcher hatchlings to deal with. I don't see why you'd be so bothered though." He walked closer to the demoness. "Nautilus has said that the oracle is keeping a close eye one you-"

Ammonite clicked; she pounced on the male, forcing him to the ground. She bared her teeth at him.
"Don't mention my mo- her!" She reeled back. "Listen; I don't care. I don't care what they want from me, she lied, "I'll make them see that I am a worthy asset to their clan and that I will only return if they listen to me-"

"Ugh!" The male gor to his feet, shaking himself to displace the dust, "how much does it take for a simple message to penetrate your thick skull?" He tapped his head with a claw to illustrate his point, "they don't care whether you return or not..."

Ammonite looked at the ground in annoyance. She desperately wanted to claw out the male's face then and there but she knew that the clan oracle's terribly cryptic gaze was fixated on her behind that translucent, blue silk.

"That is, unless you can prove yourself."

She looked up. "What do you mean?" She muttered.

"N- the clan wants to restrain you to these lands for a while. They will not leave you docile, however. The higher powers will not forgive you without punishment." The male ridgeback walked in front of her and motioned through the gaps of the trees which led to the clearing. "They've decided that their message would spread best if they sent... Challenges your way. You know what that means, don't you?"
Before a rather shoked Ammonite could respond, the male spoke again.

"Perhaps the beginning of you recovery is right over there. You already seem to have caught on-" he motioned to Ammonite's satchel with his long nose, his eyes seemed to swirl strangely now.
"I see," Ammonite spoke reluctantly, "I suppose I could... Manage it." She nodded at Navy. The two stood in silence for a brief while before Ammonite finally spoke.
"Since when were you so knowledgeable? The Navy I know is an absolute Jabberwocky."

For the final time, Navy laughed. "You still really think I'm Navy?"

Ammonite's jaw dropped. " Andromeda??"

"Navy's" body contorted itself in a quick, smoke like manner. The reconstruction of his particles to the form of a dark, cherubic spiral with eyes like an archaic vortex.
"Navy began serving the Plaguebringer days ago- but that's besides the point."

Ammonite sauntered a little before the demon materialised into thin air. Ammonite looked at the clearing with new hope; and a little less malice.
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12