Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Need of A Companion, Probably (ASK)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
Were there more now? Celes was unaware. Where had that streak of attacking colors come from? He had no idea. Why was all this happening? He blamed the Foo.

He gave another roar, this one far weaker, but with the same meaning. What little was left of his vision blurred and swam. Everything hurt. He was out of energy. He forgot what he was fighting for as the shock finally wore off and pain consumed everything.

He went down quickly, his strength faltering, his supporting front leg collapsing, and he fell onto his right side with a small cloud of sand puffing up around him.

He closed his eyes on the way down, and welcomed the soft embrace of the warm sand upon his side. His left wing stuck up from him at an unnatural angle and his left arm bent between the elbow and the shoulder. Warm blood began to seep from reopening wounds all upon him.

Ray came back from the pond, laid at his masters chest, and bared his teeth ready to protect the bleeding Imperial.
Were there more now? Celes was unaware. Where had that streak of attacking colors come from? He had no idea. Why was all this happening? He blamed the Foo.

He gave another roar, this one far weaker, but with the same meaning. What little was left of his vision blurred and swam. Everything hurt. He was out of energy. He forgot what he was fighting for as the shock finally wore off and pain consumed everything.

He went down quickly, his strength faltering, his supporting front leg collapsing, and he fell onto his right side with a small cloud of sand puffing up around him.

He closed his eyes on the way down, and welcomed the soft embrace of the warm sand upon his side. His left wing stuck up from him at an unnatural angle and his left arm bent between the elbow and the shoulder. Warm blood began to seep from reopening wounds all upon him.

Ray came back from the pond, laid at his masters chest, and bared his teeth ready to protect the bleeding Imperial.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
(Also sorry to bother everyone but can anyone give me some feedback for this? thanks)
(Also sorry to bother everyone but can anyone give me some feedback for this? thanks)
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
((Onyxshade, sure, good idea! Let me reply real quick then I'll set it up. You can keep talking OOC here and I'll let you know when I've got the actual thread running ^^. Also, TwilitRaven, yaaaaay! Heheh xD Just give me a minute, I gotta run an errand then I can come back, post a reply to all this action, and get that OOC thread going. Brb!))
((Onyxshade, sure, good idea! Let me reply real quick then I'll set it up. You can keep talking OOC here and I'll let you know when I've got the actual thread running ^^. Also, TwilitRaven, yaaaaay! Heheh xD Just give me a minute, I gotta run an errand then I can come back, post a reply to all this action, and get that OOC thread going. Brb!))
Ivar heard the faint noise of wings flapping and craned his neck up. He barely had time to duck as an imperial and a fae flew over his head. More dragons? Why were there so many here, in this place that was anywhere near anything?

The farther away from these deadly strangers, the better. He huffed and flapped his wings, getting a few feet into the air before falling back down with a thud. He hissed curses at himself for forgetting how tired he was. Should've known he wouldn't be able to fly, and now he looked like an idiot in front of all these strangers.

But the fae was shooting energy at the ridgeback now, and the ridgeback was shouting, and really Ivar would rather be anywhere else right now. He began edging backward towards the injured imperial. Things seemed to be calmer over there, at least. Calm was good.

Slowly, carefully, Ivar began making his way over to them.
Ivar heard the faint noise of wings flapping and craned his neck up. He barely had time to duck as an imperial and a fae flew over his head. More dragons? Why were there so many here, in this place that was anywhere near anything?

The farther away from these deadly strangers, the better. He huffed and flapped his wings, getting a few feet into the air before falling back down with a thud. He hissed curses at himself for forgetting how tired he was. Should've known he wouldn't be able to fly, and now he looked like an idiot in front of all these strangers.

But the fae was shooting energy at the ridgeback now, and the ridgeback was shouting, and really Ivar would rather be anywhere else right now. He began edging backward towards the injured imperial. Things seemed to be calmer over there, at least. Calm was good.

Slowly, carefully, Ivar began making his way over to them.
The injured Imperial let out a deafening warning roar, and Allaiyn couldn't help but admire his show of strength--though it was plain he was badly injured. But her admiration turned to concern as he gave another roar, much weaker, and crumpled to the ground.

Three shadows suddenly appeared on the sand and before Allaiyn could look up, a gold-clad Skydancer landed lightly nearby, eyes on two other dragons--a flashy-winged Fae and a large, spotted and striped Imperial.

Together, these two dove at the Ridgeback, whose twin heads appeared like they were about to blast everyone present with some form of attack.

Allaiyn shook her head quickly. Whatever was going on, whatever was happening, she needed to do what she could to stop the threat of the Ridgeback. Once she was chased off, perhaps it would settle down so everything could be straightened out.

Ignoring the twinge of pain in her wing and foreleg from the harpy attack the other day, Allaiyn leaped forward, using her wings to propel herself towards the Ridgeback and passing the retreating, snowy Imperial on the way.

"Leave this place!" the Ridgeback demanded fiercely.

Indignant, Allaiyn felt a roar welling up in her throat, all her confusion and frustration and panic combining to become rage. She let out a warcry, wild and furious. Bounding closer, she was about to let loose another booming roar when she spotted the hatchling. Her warcry died in her throat as she skidded to a halt, staring.

The hatchling was indeed glowing, as the white Imperial had mentioned--but not the way her own crimson runes faintly lit up. The little one appeared frantic, flailing around madly before suddenly standing stock-still. Glowing, blue veins appeared on the hatchling's chest, slowly creeping up her throat; the little dragon looked as if she couldn't breathe, and no sound left her small, gaping mouth.

The injured Imperial let out a deafening warning roar, and Allaiyn couldn't help but admire his show of strength--though it was plain he was badly injured. But her admiration turned to concern as he gave another roar, much weaker, and crumpled to the ground.

Three shadows suddenly appeared on the sand and before Allaiyn could look up, a gold-clad Skydancer landed lightly nearby, eyes on two other dragons--a flashy-winged Fae and a large, spotted and striped Imperial.

Together, these two dove at the Ridgeback, whose twin heads appeared like they were about to blast everyone present with some form of attack.

Allaiyn shook her head quickly. Whatever was going on, whatever was happening, she needed to do what she could to stop the threat of the Ridgeback. Once she was chased off, perhaps it would settle down so everything could be straightened out.

Ignoring the twinge of pain in her wing and foreleg from the harpy attack the other day, Allaiyn leaped forward, using her wings to propel herself towards the Ridgeback and passing the retreating, snowy Imperial on the way.

"Leave this place!" the Ridgeback demanded fiercely.

Indignant, Allaiyn felt a roar welling up in her throat, all her confusion and frustration and panic combining to become rage. She let out a warcry, wild and furious. Bounding closer, she was about to let loose another booming roar when she spotted the hatchling. Her warcry died in her throat as she skidded to a halt, staring.

The hatchling was indeed glowing, as the white Imperial had mentioned--but not the way her own crimson runes faintly lit up. The little one appeared frantic, flailing around madly before suddenly standing stock-still. Glowing, blue veins appeared on the hatchling's chest, slowly creeping up her throat; the little dragon looked as if she couldn't breathe, and no sound left her small, gaping mouth.

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38466805] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/384669/38466805p.png[/img] [/url] Sora crouched, watching as the ridgeback snarled her defiance at his companions before whipping his head around at a faint roar from the heavily wounded imperial several feet from him. The dragon was hurt far worse than he'd initially thought, and he focused his attention on him, ignoring the vibrations of anger and magic from the others. Confusion and fear radiated from the fallen imperial, along with a bit of anger. The tigerblood foo near him bared its fangs, and Sora cautiously stepped forward, lowering his head and wings, hoping the familiar would see he wasn't a threat. "I won't hurt your master," he said calmly, extending a claw that glowed softly with pale green light. "I only want to help." He noted the white imperial edging closer and gave a slight encouraging smile. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15341741] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/153418/15341741p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52097001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/520971/52097001p.png[/img] [/url][/columns] Kiril hovered, narrowing her eyes warily at the ridgeback as she took in the scene more clearly. A small hatchling, seemingly scared out of its wits was on the ground near the white and black imperials. "Leave this place!" the ridgeback snarled, her wings flared defensively while her extra heads hissed. Kiril held out a paw to Fafnir, treading the air as she regarded the ridgeback. She hesitated a moment when the black red-winged imperial rushed forward with a roar that quickly faded as she skidded to a halt nearby. "Hold, Fafnir. Apologies, stranger," Kiril nodded to the ridgeback, speaking in the clipped monotone common to fae dragons. She relaxed her crests as she spoke, one lifting slightly higher than the other, keeping a watchful eye on the female Imperial and the young glowing hatchling from the corner of her eye. "If this is your territory we do not mean to intrude, but it seems these other dragons are injured," she flicked her tail to the collapsed imperial behind them and then to the black imperial female's leg. "Perhaps one of you could tell us what happened. If all that is required of them is to leave, we may be able to help." She said. While she was speaking Fafnir landed heavily a few feet away from the ridgeback, glowering at Kiril, fangs bared in a poorly restrained snarl, but he held his ground, claws extended and muscles tense. "Always diplomacy first," Fafnir grumbled, lashing his tail, and blinked in surprise when he finally spotted the small hatchling who seemed to be having some sort of magical seizure. He stepped cautiously around the hatchling, placing his bulk between it and the ridgeback.

38466805p.png

Sora crouched, watching as the ridgeback snarled her defiance at his companions before whipping his head around at a faint roar from the heavily wounded imperial several feet from him. The dragon was hurt far worse than he'd initially thought, and he focused his attention on him, ignoring the vibrations of anger and magic from the others. Confusion and fear radiated from the fallen imperial, along with a bit of anger. The tigerblood foo near him bared its fangs, and Sora cautiously stepped forward, lowering his head and wings, hoping the familiar would see he wasn't a threat.
"I won't hurt your master," he said calmly, extending a claw that glowed softly with pale green light. "I only want to help." He noted the white imperial edging closer and gave a slight encouraging smile.

15341741p.png

52097001p.png
Kiril hovered, narrowing her eyes warily at the ridgeback as she took in the scene more clearly. A small hatchling, seemingly scared out of its wits was on the ground near the white and black imperials.
"Leave this place!" the ridgeback snarled, her wings flared defensively while her extra heads hissed. Kiril held out a paw to Fafnir, treading the air as she regarded the ridgeback. She hesitated a moment when the black red-winged imperial rushed forward with a roar that quickly faded as she skidded to a halt nearby.
"Hold, Fafnir. Apologies, stranger," Kiril nodded to the ridgeback, speaking in the clipped monotone common to fae dragons. She relaxed her crests as she spoke, one lifting slightly higher than the other, keeping a watchful eye on the female Imperial and the young glowing hatchling from the corner of her eye. "If this is your territory we do not mean to intrude, but it seems these other dragons are injured," she flicked her tail to the collapsed imperial behind them and then to the black imperial female's leg. "Perhaps one of you could tell us what happened. If all that is required of them is to leave, we may be able to help." She said. While she was speaking Fafnir landed heavily a few feet away from the ridgeback, glowering at Kiril, fangs bared in a poorly restrained snarl, but he held his ground, claws extended and muscles tense.
"Always diplomacy first," Fafnir grumbled, lashing his tail, and blinked in surprise when he finally spotted the small hatchling who seemed to be having some sort of magical seizure. He stepped cautiously around the hatchling, placing his bulk between it and the ridgeback.
OY2CZgk.png
At first, the demoness snarled at the fae's belittling civility. However, she soon adjusted her posture so that she rose above the far more, although she still was unable to square up against the other imperial. Regardless, she opened her devilish maw and spoke:
"Your manner is one that I repulse at," she produced strings of unnaturally red smoke from her nostrils, "however, I suppose I must provide a synopsis. I have been scouting this entire area for a day or so now. I am a fugitive, aiming at starting anew. There is no morality to me, so I have no way of properly defending myself. The injuries occurred whilst I was not present. That is all I have to say."

Her janustraps nodded in agreement. At Ammonite's command, they both retreated to her leather-bound satchel. She sighed before continuing. "I suppose I should let you tend to the wounds of those... Bohemians." She mused distastefully at their medical conditions before slowly seeping into the darkness of the brush. Before she completely concealed herself, she called:
"Make it certain that you try keep your distance; your lives will be disturbed if my residence here is to be made too known."

Ammonite pounded into the forest; she felt angered at this intrusion, and the sudden feeling of "guilt" within her. Guilt was a foreign concept in her clan; perhaps that's why she always felt so disconcerted and lost. She turned her head behind her before scowling. Perhaps letting them suffer would be a little too brash.

She noticed a shoot of healing erbs growing innocently out of the blackened earth. She took these in her gnarled claws and carefully put them in her satchel, to the surprise of two hungry mouths.
"Don't eat these," she threatened, "they're not for you."
At first, the demoness snarled at the fae's belittling civility. However, she soon adjusted her posture so that she rose above the far more, although she still was unable to square up against the other imperial. Regardless, she opened her devilish maw and spoke:
"Your manner is one that I repulse at," she produced strings of unnaturally red smoke from her nostrils, "however, I suppose I must provide a synopsis. I have been scouting this entire area for a day or so now. I am a fugitive, aiming at starting anew. There is no morality to me, so I have no way of properly defending myself. The injuries occurred whilst I was not present. That is all I have to say."

Her janustraps nodded in agreement. At Ammonite's command, they both retreated to her leather-bound satchel. She sighed before continuing. "I suppose I should let you tend to the wounds of those... Bohemians." She mused distastefully at their medical conditions before slowly seeping into the darkness of the brush. Before she completely concealed herself, she called:
"Make it certain that you try keep your distance; your lives will be disturbed if my residence here is to be made too known."

Ammonite pounded into the forest; she felt angered at this intrusion, and the sudden feeling of "guilt" within her. Guilt was a foreign concept in her clan; perhaps that's why she always felt so disconcerted and lost. She turned her head behind her before scowling. Perhaps letting them suffer would be a little too brash.

She noticed a shoot of healing erbs growing innocently out of the blackened earth. She took these in her gnarled claws and carefully put them in her satchel, to the surprise of two hungry mouths.
"Don't eat these," she threatened, "they're not for you."
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

((Here's the OOC thread everyone! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2699905 ))
((Here's the OOC thread everyone! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2699905 ))
The little imperial’s body finally dropped to the ground after standing through the whole encounter without another sound. She lay there, limp and unmoving, and if it wasn’t for the blue veins pulling through her skin she would have appeared to be dead.
But there was something very much so alive in her... something dark... something...
Toxic.
A claw twitched.
The little imperial’s body finally dropped to the ground after standing through the whole encounter without another sound. She lay there, limp and unmoving, and if it wasn’t for the blue veins pulling through her skin she would have appeared to be dead.
But there was something very much so alive in her... something dark... something...
Toxic.
A claw twitched.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Ray stood up and walked slowly to the strange Skydancer, in a slightly crouched position. It lifted its head and sniffed at the glowing claw the dragon held out. Then, deciding the dragon was not a threat he straitened up and sauntered off like he hadn't been protecting someone in the first place.

Celes' tail twitched slightly. His breathing had turned shallow and slow. Some smaller wounds had scabbed over, but the holes in his wing and the larger, and the dragon caused wounds sill bleed freely.

He had lost conscious thought near the moment when he fell again. He was in a sort restless sleep. He didn't wonder why this stranger with glowing claws was coming near. He didn't even know they were there.
Ray stood up and walked slowly to the strange Skydancer, in a slightly crouched position. It lifted its head and sniffed at the glowing claw the dragon held out. Then, deciding the dragon was not a threat he straitened up and sauntered off like he hadn't been protecting someone in the first place.

Celes' tail twitched slightly. His breathing had turned shallow and slow. Some smaller wounds had scabbed over, but the holes in his wing and the larger, and the dragon caused wounds sill bleed freely.

He had lost conscious thought near the moment when he fell again. He was in a sort restless sleep. He didn't wonder why this stranger with glowing claws was coming near. He didn't even know they were there.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here