Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Need of A Companion, Probably (ASK)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
((Sunnycat4, ooh, he sounds cool :o Thanks for the info!))

"I didn't crash on anyone did I?"

The Imperial male spoke with a bit of an accent; Allaiyn wasn't sure she recognized it, though she'd heard many different accents and languages.

"No, just yourself," she replied, unable to resist a small huff of amusement. He did seem to have landed rather awkwardly; she wouldn't be surprised if he'd broken something.

She was about to ask if he could stand when she heard a shriek; recognizing it as the hatchling she twisted around, spotting a large, dark Ridgeback female. The newcomer had just emerged from the nearby forest, sporting scales and wings of a smoky, purple color. Her expression was hardened and formidable, and Allaiyn felt herself stiffening. The last time she'd run into a Ridgeback, things had not gone well.

The white Imperial, though, didn't seem very concerned. Allaiyn felt herself bristle nervously as his placid voice came over the breeze, asking the Ridgeback, "Oh--hello, there--who are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

Allaiyn wasn't sure if she answered or not; the Ridgeback was just out of earshot. The Imperial dragoness felt a slight prickly in her flanks and glanced back for a split-second, noting the crimson runes on her sides were glowing faintly. She never knew how she got the marks or what they were for or why they glowed--she only knew they tended to light up when she was agitated.

And she was certainly agitated.

A strange hatchling appearing out of nowhere, a dazzling white Imperial emerging from the woods--which she somehow hadn't noticed the night before--another random Imperial rocketing from the sky and now a foreboding Ridgeback came prowling out of the woods, looking as if she might destroy everything in sight. It was enough to get anyone agitated, let alone a tired, quiet wanderer who hadn't expected company.
((Sunnycat4, ooh, he sounds cool :o Thanks for the info!))

"I didn't crash on anyone did I?"

The Imperial male spoke with a bit of an accent; Allaiyn wasn't sure she recognized it, though she'd heard many different accents and languages.

"No, just yourself," she replied, unable to resist a small huff of amusement. He did seem to have landed rather awkwardly; she wouldn't be surprised if he'd broken something.

She was about to ask if he could stand when she heard a shriek; recognizing it as the hatchling she twisted around, spotting a large, dark Ridgeback female. The newcomer had just emerged from the nearby forest, sporting scales and wings of a smoky, purple color. Her expression was hardened and formidable, and Allaiyn felt herself stiffening. The last time she'd run into a Ridgeback, things had not gone well.

The white Imperial, though, didn't seem very concerned. Allaiyn felt herself bristle nervously as his placid voice came over the breeze, asking the Ridgeback, "Oh--hello, there--who are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

Allaiyn wasn't sure if she answered or not; the Ridgeback was just out of earshot. The Imperial dragoness felt a slight prickly in her flanks and glanced back for a split-second, noting the crimson runes on her sides were glowing faintly. She never knew how she got the marks or what they were for or why they glowed--she only knew they tended to light up when she was agitated.

And she was certainly agitated.

A strange hatchling appearing out of nowhere, a dazzling white Imperial emerging from the woods--which she somehow hadn't noticed the night before--another random Imperial rocketing from the sky and now a foreboding Ridgeback came prowling out of the woods, looking as if she might destroy everything in sight. It was enough to get anyone agitated, let alone a tired, quiet wanderer who hadn't expected company.
The powerful silhouette of the Ridgeback shifted a little at the injured imperial's speech and the runic one's glowing sides. Her predatory eyes noticed the slight outline of a hatchling in the thicket of grass in front. Another Imperial sporting a green aviator coat could be seen. A rather bizarre family, if I've even seen one, she thought maliciously to herself. Seeing as her presence had just been found out, she exposed herself to the jubiliant sunlight.
"I do mind you asking, actually," she pulled down her black mask, exposing her large, slit smile, "Now, I'd prefer it if you get off my new territory before things get complicated for you all."

Her vocalisations were without any kindness.
The powerful silhouette of the Ridgeback shifted a little at the injured imperial's speech and the runic one's glowing sides. Her predatory eyes noticed the slight outline of a hatchling in the thicket of grass in front. Another Imperial sporting a green aviator coat could be seen. A rather bizarre family, if I've even seen one, she thought maliciously to herself. Seeing as her presence had just been found out, she exposed herself to the jubiliant sunlight.
"I do mind you asking, actually," she pulled down her black mask, exposing her large, slit smile, "Now, I'd prefer it if you get off my new territory before things get complicated for you all."

Her vocalisations were without any kindness.
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

(The accent is French. It comes from a 1x1 I did a while ago. Elar was my character, but I liked the idea of clans having their own languages. I hope you don't mind my implementing it here. Its not the best, Google Translates pretty bad and I'm not in any way bilingual)

Celes watched the stranger's head whip around to follow some new chain of events. What notified her must have been some sound, because her back had been facing that direction previously. Celes himself could not hear whatever had tipped her off, the ringing was still in his ears.

He now trusted his arm to hlod his weight and pushed aginst it, struggling into first a sitting position, then bracing his hind legs and standing. He blinked a couple times, to clear the gathering red from his vision, and followed her line of sight.

Three more strangers, a white male Imperal, a hatchling Imperal, and a threatning looking Ridgeback. He growled softly, slightly bared his teeth, and spoke, this time in his own language "Pas ça, pas encore."(Meaning: not this, not again)

He spread his wings to the best of his ability, the left wing only opening about halfway, and the right all the way, albeit it with bleeding holes in the membrane, and flapped his wings, clearing them of sand.

Even though he was far away, half blind and half deaf, the malice radiating from the being was clear, and he didn't like it.
(The accent is French. It comes from a 1x1 I did a while ago. Elar was my character, but I liked the idea of clans having their own languages. I hope you don't mind my implementing it here. Its not the best, Google Translates pretty bad and I'm not in any way bilingual)

Celes watched the stranger's head whip around to follow some new chain of events. What notified her must have been some sound, because her back had been facing that direction previously. Celes himself could not hear whatever had tipped her off, the ringing was still in his ears.

He now trusted his arm to hlod his weight and pushed aginst it, struggling into first a sitting position, then bracing his hind legs and standing. He blinked a couple times, to clear the gathering red from his vision, and followed her line of sight.

Three more strangers, a white male Imperal, a hatchling Imperal, and a threatning looking Ridgeback. He growled softly, slightly bared his teeth, and spoke, this time in his own language "Pas ça, pas encore."(Meaning: not this, not again)

He spread his wings to the best of his ability, the left wing only opening about halfway, and the right all the way, albeit it with bleeding holes in the membrane, and flapped his wings, clearing them of sand.

Even though he was far away, half blind and half deaf, the malice radiating from the being was clear, and he didn't like it.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
[center][b]This is out of RP[/b] I realize its probably terrible to ask all of you, but I could use some help with some funding. I'm trying to buy a Gaoler hatchling, and I was about hlafway to my goal, but I bought her some ringlets. If I could beg even just 5000 treasure off of eatch of you that would be great. Here she is, my baby, that I will spend an arm and a leg on. Again sorry for bothering all of you, but I would appreciate some help, if you all woulden't mind. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/525102/52510147_350.png[/img] [/center]
This is out of RP
I realize its probably terrible to ask all of you, but I could use some help with some funding. I'm trying to buy a Gaoler hatchling, and I was about hlafway to my goal, but I bought her some ringlets. If I could beg even just 5000 treasure off of eatch of you that would be great. Here she is, my baby, that I will spend an arm and a leg on. Again sorry for bothering all of you, but I would appreciate some help, if you all woulden't mind.
52510147_350.png
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
((I'm sure we'd all be willing to pitch in! ^^))

Also, a note for the RP: Since I don't have any specific plot in mind, everyone is welcome to suggest courses of action and go through with said courses. If you think we should head to the Tangled Wood, we can go there. If some random evil gang from your character's past shows up, that's cool too. So long as nobody tries to force anything, I think we can roll with everyone's ideas/suggestions. :)
((I'm sure we'd all be willing to pitch in! ^^))

Also, a note for the RP: Since I don't have any specific plot in mind, everyone is welcome to suggest courses of action and go through with said courses. If you think we should head to the Tangled Wood, we can go there. If some random evil gang from your character's past shows up, that's cool too. So long as nobody tries to force anything, I think we can roll with everyone's ideas/suggestions. :)
(@Sunnycat4 sure! I wouldn't mind helping you out; also, because I need to skiddadle off to school soon, I may as well pitch some ideas:
  • I quite like the Tangled Wood idea; maybe it could create tension for what happens next (i.e, as you said, some dragons from one of our clans catching up to the characters and posing a threat
  • This one is on the more light hearted side, but perhaps all the characters here word of some form of treasure or good fortune waiting somewhere and they all (for varying reasons) decide to pursue it, facing threats along the way
  • Ok I'll admit, I have no other ideas at the minute. Perhaps for now we should carry on a little blindly until something falls into place that way)

I will be off to the land of education now woooo
(@Sunnycat4 sure! I wouldn't mind helping you out; also, because I need to skiddadle off to school soon, I may as well pitch some ideas:
  • I quite like the Tangled Wood idea; maybe it could create tension for what happens next (i.e, as you said, some dragons from one of our clans catching up to the characters and posing a threat
  • This one is on the more light hearted side, but perhaps all the characters here word of some form of treasure or good fortune waiting somewhere and they all (for varying reasons) decide to pursue it, facing threats along the way
  • Ok I'll admit, I have no other ideas at the minute. Perhaps for now we should carry on a little blindly until something falls into place that way)

I will be off to the land of education now woooo

(My derg is just trying to get away from her original clan. Some stuff went down there I’ll talk about later, but for now she’s just very scared and has no idea what’s going on)
The hatchling curls up, whimpering quite audibly, just about ready to scream again. Not only has she now bumped into this scary spiky person, but the other people are following her here!!
Her little heart pounds in her chest as she backs up one direction, looks around, tries to go another way, realizes she’d run into someone that way too. She’s completely surrounded, and if she gets much more panicked she’ll fight her way out, tooth and claw.
Something inside her pulses, awakening from dormancy, and begins to worm its way through her veins...
Her claws begin to glow.
(My derg is just trying to get away from her original clan. Some stuff went down there I’ll talk about later, but for now she’s just very scared and has no idea what’s going on)
The hatchling curls up, whimpering quite audibly, just about ready to scream again. Not only has she now bumped into this scary spiky person, but the other people are following her here!!
Her little heart pounds in her chest as she backs up one direction, looks around, tries to go another way, realizes she’d run into someone that way too. She’s completely surrounded, and if she gets much more panicked she’ll fight her way out, tooth and claw.
Something inside her pulses, awakening from dormancy, and begins to worm its way through her veins...
Her claws begin to glow.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Ammonite's intimidating stance softened slightly at the sight of this bizarre phenomenon. Glowing claws? What sort of witchery was this? She peered at the struggling hatchling's timid eyes.
"What in the name of-" she muttered in a monochromatic tone to herself. Because of the colour, she could deduce the small imperial was from her very own scarred homelands. Was it some sort of disease? Or perhaps it was an extremely powerful adaptation... or... was the baby itself a demon?

She snapped out of her fathoming and spat a glob of sizzling acid at the ground. "This is far too bizarre. A group of mismatched imperials, and a cursed child? Enough of you miss-fits! Disperse immediately before I make you!"

In an instance, a series of hellish vine tendrils seeped from the ridgeback's bag, alongside oozing leaves and a strange, red glow. The plant amalgamation latched itself to the back of Ammonite and - like a demon from the dream realm - held both it's heads on either side of the demoness. Simultaneously, all of the heads yelled a thundering cry, straight from the wyrmwound itself.
Ammonite's intimidating stance softened slightly at the sight of this bizarre phenomenon. Glowing claws? What sort of witchery was this? She peered at the struggling hatchling's timid eyes.
"What in the name of-" she muttered in a monochromatic tone to herself. Because of the colour, she could deduce the small imperial was from her very own scarred homelands. Was it some sort of disease? Or perhaps it was an extremely powerful adaptation... or... was the baby itself a demon?

She snapped out of her fathoming and spat a glob of sizzling acid at the ground. "This is far too bizarre. A group of mismatched imperials, and a cursed child? Enough of you miss-fits! Disperse immediately before I make you!"

In an instance, a series of hellish vine tendrils seeped from the ridgeback's bag, alongside oozing leaves and a strange, red glow. The plant amalgamation latched itself to the back of Ammonite and - like a demon from the dream realm - held both it's heads on either side of the demoness. Simultaneously, all of the heads yelled a thundering cry, straight from the wyrmwound itself.

((I'd definitely be willing to help out, @Sunnycat4))

Ivar stumbled backwards, away from the ridgeback and the hatchling who was now, oddly enough, glowing. There was a spike of panic through his chest.

"Uh- you know the hatchling?" He called out, to the red Imperial, the one he was now realizing he didn't know the name of, "She is- she's glowing. That's not normal, right? Is that normal?"

Ivar looked back at Allaiyn, unable to really see her because of the distance and, well, he had managed to lose his glasses in the woods, and he was practically blind without them.

But his attention was immediately drawn back to the ridgeback. Some strange plant thing had latched itself onto her back. And now- well, now it was screaming.

Ivar hissed, covering his ears. "What- what is that thing?"
((I'd definitely be willing to help out, @Sunnycat4))

Ivar stumbled backwards, away from the ridgeback and the hatchling who was now, oddly enough, glowing. There was a spike of panic through his chest.

"Uh- you know the hatchling?" He called out, to the red Imperial, the one he was now realizing he didn't know the name of, "She is- she's glowing. That's not normal, right? Is that normal?"

Ivar looked back at Allaiyn, unable to really see her because of the distance and, well, he had managed to lose his glasses in the woods, and he was practically blind without them.

But his attention was immediately drawn back to the ridgeback. Some strange plant thing had latched itself onto her back. And now- well, now it was screaming.

Ivar hissed, covering his ears. "What- what is that thing?"
((Quill of Limbo, nice ideas! lol I was just throwing out examples but that is a good idea that going to the Tangled Wood could give an opportunity for some of Ammonite's old pals to pop up and cause trouble...OH perhaps our characters could be captured/something of the like by the demons you've mentioned, and in order to not be killed they have bring back some treasure/artifact/whatever? I dunno xD It probably is best to just go blind for a little bit))

The sunlight was steadily growing stronger, and Allaiyn squinted against the light to see the Ridgeback. She was aware of the Imperial behind her getting laboriously to his feet; glancing back she heard him mutter, "Pas ça, pas encore."

Ahh, now she recognized the accent. She was sure she'd heard that language somewhere before--probably somewhere near the Tempest Spire, where she'd been not too long ago.

He spread his wings testily, freeing them of sand and squinting past her to the menacing Ridgeback as his Tigerblood Foo also sat up, shaking the sand out of its fur.

"Are you hurt badly?" Allaiyn questioned, not sure what she'd do if he said yes. She really didn't know anything about healing and had no idea if he did--perhaps the white Imperial might? It was fair to assume the Ridgeback wouldn't be of any help.

Suddenly Allaiyn was aware of a commotion and took a few steps forward, away from the injured dragon behind her. The white Imperial ahead called out something about the hatchling, saying, "She's glowing. That's not normal, right? Is that normal?"

How should I know? Sometimes I glow and I still have no idea how or why. Allaiyn shrugged helplessly, calling back, "I don't know! Wh--"

Before she could could finish her sentence, there was some sort of hellish shriek, and she was suddenly aware that the Ridgeback seemed to have two more heads.

Allaiyn jumped back, stumbling a little on her twisted foreleg and trying not to let her shock show. This is too much. All I'm trying to do is get out of this cursed desert, and now there are three other Imperials and a Ridgeback that just sprouted extra heads!
((Quill of Limbo, nice ideas! lol I was just throwing out examples but that is a good idea that going to the Tangled Wood could give an opportunity for some of Ammonite's old pals to pop up and cause trouble...OH perhaps our characters could be captured/something of the like by the demons you've mentioned, and in order to not be killed they have bring back some treasure/artifact/whatever? I dunno xD It probably is best to just go blind for a little bit))

The sunlight was steadily growing stronger, and Allaiyn squinted against the light to see the Ridgeback. She was aware of the Imperial behind her getting laboriously to his feet; glancing back she heard him mutter, "Pas ça, pas encore."

Ahh, now she recognized the accent. She was sure she'd heard that language somewhere before--probably somewhere near the Tempest Spire, where she'd been not too long ago.

He spread his wings testily, freeing them of sand and squinting past her to the menacing Ridgeback as his Tigerblood Foo also sat up, shaking the sand out of its fur.

"Are you hurt badly?" Allaiyn questioned, not sure what she'd do if he said yes. She really didn't know anything about healing and had no idea if he did--perhaps the white Imperial might? It was fair to assume the Ridgeback wouldn't be of any help.

Suddenly Allaiyn was aware of a commotion and took a few steps forward, away from the injured dragon behind her. The white Imperial ahead called out something about the hatchling, saying, "She's glowing. That's not normal, right? Is that normal?"

How should I know? Sometimes I glow and I still have no idea how or why. Allaiyn shrugged helplessly, calling back, "I don't know! Wh--"

Before she could could finish her sentence, there was some sort of hellish shriek, and she was suddenly aware that the Ridgeback seemed to have two more heads.

Allaiyn jumped back, stumbling a little on her twisted foreleg and trying not to let her shock show. This is too much. All I'm trying to do is get out of this cursed desert, and now there are three other Imperials and a Ridgeback that just sprouted extra heads!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12