Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Loststar
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88
//Yyyeeeesssss, also, our conversation compared to the angst we're writing is fantastic//

"I'll remember that, and if you ever feel ignored don't be afraid to be annoying." Most of the time when she was working the only way to get her attention was to either throw something at her or start poking her face or something along those lines.

The sight of the office was a familiar sight when she couldn't figure something out, complete and utter chaos until someone either drags her out of her office or she finds the missing piece. Her mentor despised this habit with a passion.

Molsey nods at Damien's request and leans against the wall, puts on her glasses and scans the rooms around her. On the other side of the building Ana and Genji were going through files.

After a second of waiting she starts going through all of the filing cabinets along the walls and pulls anything that looks either remotely interesting or connected to Overwatch.

The windows offer no light anymore and she knows it's time to go, "Damien, we need to get out of here." Molsey keeps her voice calm so as not to make the other woman panic.
//Yyyeeeesssss, also, our conversation compared to the angst we're writing is fantastic//

"I'll remember that, and if you ever feel ignored don't be afraid to be annoying." Most of the time when she was working the only way to get her attention was to either throw something at her or start poking her face or something along those lines.

The sight of the office was a familiar sight when she couldn't figure something out, complete and utter chaos until someone either drags her out of her office or she finds the missing piece. Her mentor despised this habit with a passion.

Molsey nods at Damien's request and leans against the wall, puts on her glasses and scans the rooms around her. On the other side of the building Ana and Genji were going through files.

After a second of waiting she starts going through all of the filing cabinets along the walls and pulls anything that looks either remotely interesting or connected to Overwatch.

The windows offer no light anymore and she knows it's time to go, "Damien, we need to get out of here." Molsey keeps her voice calm so as not to make the other woman panic.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( Agreed ))

"Good to know."

Pouring over the desk Damien hums, almost whining. She drags it out, shifting papers around the desk almost despertately before breaking into a grin. She holds up a file victoriously, "Now we can go." She sweeps a couple stray papers that had spilled out and hands it to Molsey since her gauntlets were more conducive to dropping things.

Going to the door Damien glances out before stepping out and looking at Molsey.

A few steps down the hall she pauses. "Something's wrong. Our footsteps aren't echoing anymore. Which means there's other white noise to occupy our conscious. Hopefully that's Genji and Ana converging on our poisition."

With the paper in hand she feels a great deal better. She keeps close to Molsey, switching over to her protective state of mind like she normally would with Angela. No more pressure, all they had to do was quietly evac.
(( Agreed ))

"Good to know."

Pouring over the desk Damien hums, almost whining. She drags it out, shifting papers around the desk almost despertately before breaking into a grin. She holds up a file victoriously, "Now we can go." She sweeps a couple stray papers that had spilled out and hands it to Molsey since her gauntlets were more conducive to dropping things.

Going to the door Damien glances out before stepping out and looking at Molsey.

A few steps down the hall she pauses. "Something's wrong. Our footsteps aren't echoing anymore. Which means there's other white noise to occupy our conscious. Hopefully that's Genji and Ana converging on our poisition."

With the paper in hand she feels a great deal better. She keeps close to Molsey, switching over to her protective state of mind like she normally would with Angela. No more pressure, all they had to do was quietly evac.
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
She takes the file and puts it in with the other files, then opens a pocket across her front between the fabric of her suit and the armor plating and puts them in there. The pocket was something she added after her first mission when she first had to actually use her suit. Apparently pockets are more imoportant than she originally thought.

She would have put her glasses back on, but the edges of her vision ere still blurry from their last use. And if Damien tried to use them her body heat would block everything other than herself.

The lack of echo hadn't bothered her until her teammate mentioned it, so subconsciously Molsey picks up her pace going down the stairs. She barely remembers to wait for Damien on her way through the halls until she reaches a door and doesn't see her.

"Sorry, I just want to get out of here." She mumbles, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.
She takes the file and puts it in with the other files, then opens a pocket across her front between the fabric of her suit and the armor plating and puts them in there. The pocket was something she added after her first mission when she first had to actually use her suit. Apparently pockets are more imoportant than she originally thought.

She would have put her glasses back on, but the edges of her vision ere still blurry from their last use. And if Damien tried to use them her body heat would block everything other than herself.

The lack of echo hadn't bothered her until her teammate mentioned it, so subconsciously Molsey picks up her pace going down the stairs. She barely remembers to wait for Damien on her way through the halls until she reaches a door and doesn't see her.

"Sorry, I just want to get out of here." She mumbles, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( Sorry this got kinda long, I had to make one thing very clear hopefully I succeeded))
Damien vaults the handrail, covering the gap and landing on the next set of stairs, "It's fine. I'm glad we're on the same page."

Down the stairs they were going to enter the common area before slipping back down the hall they'd come. Damien glanced out, letting Molsey go first. As soon as the door opens though, she saw it. A red flash in her peripheral vision. She grabs Molsey around the waist, hauling her back through the door and crouching down to cover her.

Sure enough the door was riddled with bullet holes. Damien's eyes are wide, "That's a Gatling gun." Before she has the chance to apologize for having grabbed her, not wanting to be a hypocrite, footsteps begin to come up the stairs.

"Angela, I recognize that familiar godly glow anywhere."

The voice stops Damien in her tracks. It's got that sickly familiar Irish lilt and utter arrogance. The footsteps were long and the pacing of them was slow, cocky and intimidating. Still she hoped beyond all hope it was someone else. Anyone else.

But it wasn't.

Moira still towered over them, even with Damien having grown half a foot with proper nutrition and seven years in her cryochamber. Her ego was enough to overshadow anyone. But for all her confidence, her face twitched slightly, "You're not Ziegler."

Part of Damien wanted to leap and wrap her arms around the tall woman in a bearhug and break down crying and thanking her. The rest wanted to throw her gloves off, let her whole body glow like an ember, and burn through Moira's bones with her bare hands.

Knowing nothing better to do Damien stood, ignited both gauntlets so flames purred from beneath the lines and engulfed her hands, and froze.

Moira's eyes were blown wide and she visibly took a step back, hand partially raised, "Damien." There was a first time for everything, and for the first time Moira was speechless.
(( Sorry this got kinda long, I had to make one thing very clear hopefully I succeeded))
Damien vaults the handrail, covering the gap and landing on the next set of stairs, "It's fine. I'm glad we're on the same page."

Down the stairs they were going to enter the common area before slipping back down the hall they'd come. Damien glanced out, letting Molsey go first. As soon as the door opens though, she saw it. A red flash in her peripheral vision. She grabs Molsey around the waist, hauling her back through the door and crouching down to cover her.

Sure enough the door was riddled with bullet holes. Damien's eyes are wide, "That's a Gatling gun." Before she has the chance to apologize for having grabbed her, not wanting to be a hypocrite, footsteps begin to come up the stairs.

"Angela, I recognize that familiar godly glow anywhere."

The voice stops Damien in her tracks. It's got that sickly familiar Irish lilt and utter arrogance. The footsteps were long and the pacing of them was slow, cocky and intimidating. Still she hoped beyond all hope it was someone else. Anyone else.

But it wasn't.

Moira still towered over them, even with Damien having grown half a foot with proper nutrition and seven years in her cryochamber. Her ego was enough to overshadow anyone. But for all her confidence, her face twitched slightly, "You're not Ziegler."

Part of Damien wanted to leap and wrap her arms around the tall woman in a bearhug and break down crying and thanking her. The rest wanted to throw her gloves off, let her whole body glow like an ember, and burn through Moira's bones with her bare hands.

Knowing nothing better to do Damien stood, ignited both gauntlets so flames purred from beneath the lines and engulfed her hands, and froze.

Moira's eyes were blown wide and she visibly took a step back, hand partially raised, "Damien." There was a first time for everything, and for the first time Moira was speechless.
QFXpYkj.png
//No worries, when you said vaults all I can imagine is a loud comical nyoom sound following tbh//

Molsey squeaks when she's dragged back suddenly and clings to Damien for a second until her heartbeat steadies. When her pulse slows to a normal level her fingers rub against the handle to her axe in case she needs to summon it quickly.

Her heart drops at the sound of Moira's voice and before the woman rounds the corner she hisses over the device in her ear, "Ana, she's here."

When the scientist comes into sight she summons the axe and gently pulls Damien behind her, clenching her jaw to avoid giving away the fact that the heat coming from her hands bothered her.

"We burned the files Moira, let's just leave so nobody gets hurt." Her eyes flit between her and the Talon soldiers, "And so the public doesn't know just how involved you are with Talon."

Her grip on the weapon tightens both as a precaution and habit while she waits for the doctor to make the first move.
//No worries, when you said vaults all I can imagine is a loud comical nyoom sound following tbh//

Molsey squeaks when she's dragged back suddenly and clings to Damien for a second until her heartbeat steadies. When her pulse slows to a normal level her fingers rub against the handle to her axe in case she needs to summon it quickly.

Her heart drops at the sound of Moira's voice and before the woman rounds the corner she hisses over the device in her ear, "Ana, she's here."

When the scientist comes into sight she summons the axe and gently pulls Damien behind her, clenching her jaw to avoid giving away the fact that the heat coming from her hands bothered her.

"We burned the files Moira, let's just leave so nobody gets hurt." Her eyes flit between her and the Talon soldiers, "And so the public doesn't know just how involved you are with Talon."

Her grip on the weapon tightens both as a precaution and habit while she waits for the doctor to make the first move.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( Now I can't get that image out of my head! haha ))

Moira cocks her head to one side slightly and she completely ignores the other agent, "I would have thought Ziegler would keep you far from the public eye, and far away from people. You're a danger after all. A liability."

Damien's mouth opens but she says nothing. The last thing she wants to do is ditch Molsey with her old friend, but indecision would be more dangerous than her fire.

"How is your pain?" Moira muses almost sadistically.

Looking away Damien cuts off a sob. She stands back to back with Molsey, "Her drain is painful but it won't get past your armor. I'll take care of these grunts," Her sigh is shaky but her hands are steady, "I'm sorry."

With that she fills the hallway behind them and out into the commons with fire, igniting the whole scene violently. First she unleashes enough flame to melt the walls, just driving the soldiers back so no stray bullets hit her partner. It pains her to leave Molsey with Moira, but she can't fight her. She can't.
(( Now I can't get that image out of my head! haha ))

Moira cocks her head to one side slightly and she completely ignores the other agent, "I would have thought Ziegler would keep you far from the public eye, and far away from people. You're a danger after all. A liability."

Damien's mouth opens but she says nothing. The last thing she wants to do is ditch Molsey with her old friend, but indecision would be more dangerous than her fire.

"How is your pain?" Moira muses almost sadistically.

Looking away Damien cuts off a sob. She stands back to back with Molsey, "Her drain is painful but it won't get past your armor. I'll take care of these grunts," Her sigh is shaky but her hands are steady, "I'm sorry."

With that she fills the hallway behind them and out into the commons with fire, igniting the whole scene violently. First she unleashes enough flame to melt the walls, just driving the soldiers back so no stray bullets hit her partner. It pains her to leave Molsey with Moira, but she can't fight her. She can't.
QFXpYkj.png
//Hehehe, you're welcome//

"Don't apologize, it's good that you know limits." She murmurs, not losing eye contact with the pale woman in from of her. Molsey waits until Damien is out of the way to summon her axe, the blade almost reaching Moira.

She takes a swing at her enemies cords, only to miss. She used her fade to dodge and uses her drain. Molsey cries out in pain and lashes out, effectively slashing a deep cut into the other woman's shoulder.

After a second she throws a healing bomb at Damien and rolls out of the way of another attack. Moira's frustration with Molsey was becoming more and more evident with every blow landed or dodge out of the way.

She summons a ball of purple energy and Molsey's forced to slam one of her bombs down onto herself. The sound of a door breaking down and Genji's signature battle cry almost makes Molsey cheer.
//Hehehe, you're welcome//

"Don't apologize, it's good that you know limits." She murmurs, not losing eye contact with the pale woman in from of her. Molsey waits until Damien is out of the way to summon her axe, the blade almost reaching Moira.

She takes a swing at her enemies cords, only to miss. She used her fade to dodge and uses her drain. Molsey cries out in pain and lashes out, effectively slashing a deep cut into the other woman's shoulder.

After a second she throws a healing bomb at Damien and rolls out of the way of another attack. Moira's frustration with Molsey was becoming more and more evident with every blow landed or dodge out of the way.

She summons a ball of purple energy and Molsey's forced to slam one of her bombs down onto herself. The sound of a door breaking down and Genji's signature battle cry almost makes Molsey cheer.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( As a Moira main hearing Genji's ult is an instant fade in any possible direction. It's really funny to fade through them and wind up behind them while they look all over trying to find you ))

Damien yelps at the sudden explosion at her back but continues using her fire as a shield from the hail of bullets coming her way. The soldiers start to fan out so she reverts to plan B, reckless abandon.

Lunging forward she uses the claws of her gauntlet to slash across the nearest soldiers who had underestimated her strength. Then she became a blur of fists, spikes mounted on the front puncturing armor and arteries with each blow.

As the soldiers fell, one by one, Damien's vision blurs from the tears. She kept her eyes screwed shut and moved by sound and practice. But internally all she could hear was Moira laughing at her. All she could feel were the softened blows of practice gloves and the gentle shove at her forehead that used to send her sprawling.

Finally there were just three soldiers who had fled out of range and were pelting Damien in gunfire. After several hits she put both hands together and shielded herself, her whole body quivering.

"It's me, don't panic," Ana said. Damien felt the sting of a syringe and her fire bolstered, doubling and reverting the soldiers to naught but ash and a sizzling imprint on the floor. With Ana as backup Damien ran back towards the hallway. She couldn't fight Moira, but she could sure as hell keep her from getting any closer to Molsey.
(( As a Moira main hearing Genji's ult is an instant fade in any possible direction. It's really funny to fade through them and wind up behind them while they look all over trying to find you ))

Damien yelps at the sudden explosion at her back but continues using her fire as a shield from the hail of bullets coming her way. The soldiers start to fan out so she reverts to plan B, reckless abandon.

Lunging forward she uses the claws of her gauntlet to slash across the nearest soldiers who had underestimated her strength. Then she became a blur of fists, spikes mounted on the front puncturing armor and arteries with each blow.

As the soldiers fell, one by one, Damien's vision blurs from the tears. She kept her eyes screwed shut and moved by sound and practice. But internally all she could hear was Moira laughing at her. All she could feel were the softened blows of practice gloves and the gentle shove at her forehead that used to send her sprawling.

Finally there were just three soldiers who had fled out of range and were pelting Damien in gunfire. After several hits she put both hands together and shielded herself, her whole body quivering.

"It's me, don't panic," Ana said. Damien felt the sting of a syringe and her fire bolstered, doubling and reverting the soldiers to naught but ash and a sizzling imprint on the floor. With Ana as backup Damien ran back towards the hallway. She couldn't fight Moira, but she could sure as hell keep her from getting any closer to Molsey.
QFXpYkj.png
//I'm a Moira main too! But I love doing that to anyone in general, specifically tanks though//

Moira fades out of the doorway, allowing her to dash out of the room quickly. Molsey crashes into a wall before she can stop herself, effectively knocking the breath out of her.

She needs to get out of here in case something happens to the files, as far as Moira knows they're burnt to ash, but if she found them the punishment for lying straight to her face would be brutal.

Her knees were weak from Moira's constant onslaught, so she uses the wall both to cover her back and support to get to the rest of her team. "I lost her, we need to leave now." Molsey's chest rises and falls rapidly as she regains her breath, then slams a bomb down in the middle of them.

The healing gasses clears her head and she pushes off the wall, "I've got the files, mission complete." She whispers to Ana, eyes scanning the room for anyone else other than her team.

Molsey moves to Damien and gives her a visual check up, "You don't look too hurt, but is everything okay? I know I should have paid more attention to your health but Moira can be a little consuming."
//I'm a Moira main too! But I love doing that to anyone in general, specifically tanks though//

Moira fades out of the doorway, allowing her to dash out of the room quickly. Molsey crashes into a wall before she can stop herself, effectively knocking the breath out of her.

She needs to get out of here in case something happens to the files, as far as Moira knows they're burnt to ash, but if she found them the punishment for lying straight to her face would be brutal.

Her knees were weak from Moira's constant onslaught, so she uses the wall both to cover her back and support to get to the rest of her team. "I lost her, we need to leave now." Molsey's chest rises and falls rapidly as she regains her breath, then slams a bomb down in the middle of them.

The healing gasses clears her head and she pushes off the wall, "I've got the files, mission complete." She whispers to Ana, eyes scanning the room for anyone else other than her team.

Molsey moves to Damien and gives her a visual check up, "You don't look too hurt, but is everything okay? I know I should have paid more attention to your health but Moira can be a little consuming."
Lichtdrache.gif
(( I love how everyone complains Moira doesn't have to aim, but you don't really hear complains about Winston who can attack multiple people without aiming ))

Damien reaches the hall last. She's immediately concerned seeing Molsey crash into the wall. She doesn't exactly get any of the health bomb but she's eager to get the hell out of the building before the smell of burning flesh and hair makes anybody sick. Not to mention she doesn't want to see any of Moira's other human lab rats.

When Molsey checks on her Damien can barely keep from a fit of laughter. She does smile, "I'll be fine. And don't be sorry, that's the understatement of the century."

Once Genji gets back they all take the back exit and hurry to the dropship. Just as they're about to get onboard a single shot rings out. Eyes fly all around looking to see if anyone got hit. Damien just closes the door after them, acting completely calm.

In the air she feels the sniper looking at her. Damien wavers visibly, "Ana, dart me for safety's sake." Her feet slowly slide out from under her until she's sitting on the floor, the blood finally dripping into view. Ana mutters under her breath, not hesitating to shoot Damien in the shoulder. When she's unconscious Ana inches closer and removes her armor. She checks Damien's pulse and stands back, "Leave her be, she'll be fine until we get back."
(( I love how everyone complains Moira doesn't have to aim, but you don't really hear complains about Winston who can attack multiple people without aiming ))

Damien reaches the hall last. She's immediately concerned seeing Molsey crash into the wall. She doesn't exactly get any of the health bomb but she's eager to get the hell out of the building before the smell of burning flesh and hair makes anybody sick. Not to mention she doesn't want to see any of Moira's other human lab rats.

When Molsey checks on her Damien can barely keep from a fit of laughter. She does smile, "I'll be fine. And don't be sorry, that's the understatement of the century."

Once Genji gets back they all take the back exit and hurry to the dropship. Just as they're about to get onboard a single shot rings out. Eyes fly all around looking to see if anyone got hit. Damien just closes the door after them, acting completely calm.

In the air she feels the sniper looking at her. Damien wavers visibly, "Ana, dart me for safety's sake." Her feet slowly slide out from under her until she's sitting on the floor, the blood finally dripping into view. Ana mutters under her breath, not hesitating to shoot Damien in the shoulder. When she's unconscious Ana inches closer and removes her armor. She checks Damien's pulse and stands back, "Leave her be, she'll be fine until we get back."
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88