Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Loststar
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88
Molsey nods, then shoots a wink at Damien, "I've got her covered." She walks up to the trio and plants herself between Ana and Damien, arms crossed over her chest. Ana's summery of both of their fighting skills was almost completely on point for her abilities, so she hoped it was the same for Damien's.

"So from your words I assume Damien and I will be sticking close together, what about you and Genji?" The overall plan was for each team to take a half of the hopefully abandoned building and clear it out. The main focus was the coalescence file, but anything else Molsey could get her hands on would come with.

It wasn't that she needed anything more to work on, her desk was full of things to keep her busy, but there could be something game changing in those elusive pieces of paper.

From the lights coming from the windows of the aircraft, she'd have to use her glasses to find her way around if they get delayed on their mission. Or better yet Damien could make a light small enough not to burn everything down, but big enough to follow out of the building.
Molsey nods, then shoots a wink at Damien, "I've got her covered." She walks up to the trio and plants herself between Ana and Damien, arms crossed over her chest. Ana's summery of both of their fighting skills was almost completely on point for her abilities, so she hoped it was the same for Damien's.

"So from your words I assume Damien and I will be sticking close together, what about you and Genji?" The overall plan was for each team to take a half of the hopefully abandoned building and clear it out. The main focus was the coalescence file, but anything else Molsey could get her hands on would come with.

It wasn't that she needed anything more to work on, her desk was full of things to keep her busy, but there could be something game changing in those elusive pieces of paper.

From the lights coming from the windows of the aircraft, she'd have to use her glasses to find her way around if they get delayed on their mission. Or better yet Damien could make a light small enough not to burn everything down, but big enough to follow out of the building.
Lichtdrache.gif
Damien was infinitely glad Molsey was beside her, she couldn't see her whole face burning. She glanced at Genji who she knew was smiling. she could feel it. Having seen his face before the mask she could imagine it.

"I will remain close to captain Amari to ensure her safety," Genji said in his usual matter of fact tone.

Damien removed one gauntlet to rub her face. It remained quiet until they reached the building. The dropship landed a ways away, letting the team approach. Ana wore a headset in connection with the conference room back home where Damien imagined there was Winston, Ziegler, Fareeha and perhaps Morrison.

As they approached the building she couldn't help but chuckle, "Does anyone else think it's at least a little funny we're doing recon from an Overwatch facility?"

They reach the gate and it's locked. Damien looks around, glancing at Ana. She nods. Damien removes the gauntlet and takes the chain in hand. Slowly her hand gloves like an ember and the chain melts between her fingers like chocolate in the sun. She quietly removes the chain and bows, extending her arm to the side, "Ladies first."
Damien was infinitely glad Molsey was beside her, she couldn't see her whole face burning. She glanced at Genji who she knew was smiling. she could feel it. Having seen his face before the mask she could imagine it.

"I will remain close to captain Amari to ensure her safety," Genji said in his usual matter of fact tone.

Damien removed one gauntlet to rub her face. It remained quiet until they reached the building. The dropship landed a ways away, letting the team approach. Ana wore a headset in connection with the conference room back home where Damien imagined there was Winston, Ziegler, Fareeha and perhaps Morrison.

As they approached the building she couldn't help but chuckle, "Does anyone else think it's at least a little funny we're doing recon from an Overwatch facility?"

They reach the gate and it's locked. Damien looks around, glancing at Ana. She nods. Damien removes the gauntlet and takes the chain in hand. Slowly her hand gloves like an ember and the chain melts between her fingers like chocolate in the sun. She quietly removes the chain and bows, extending her arm to the side, "Ladies first."
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
The distance they were at now would make her glasses useless when it came to knowing a rat to a person, so she decides to wait until they're closer to do a scan of the building for heat signatures.

She cracks a half smile at Damien's question, but doesn't say anything. Her eyes lock onto the melting metal with an almost awe-like expression on her face. Molsey slips in behind Ana while the door is being held open. "Wow, what a gentleman." She says teasingly, hand on her chest like she's swooning.

Many people believe that she's a hardcore workaholic, but she knew how to have fun when she wants to. When they're about two miles from the building she puts the glasses on and gives the building a lengthy once over before she takes them off.

"So the only living things in there are a few rats and maybe a raccoon by the size of it." She reports. When Ana nods and heads in one direction she takes the other, not really waiting for Damien. "Have you ever been on a mission like this before?"
The distance they were at now would make her glasses useless when it came to knowing a rat to a person, so she decides to wait until they're closer to do a scan of the building for heat signatures.

She cracks a half smile at Damien's question, but doesn't say anything. Her eyes lock onto the melting metal with an almost awe-like expression on her face. Molsey slips in behind Ana while the door is being held open. "Wow, what a gentleman." She says teasingly, hand on her chest like she's swooning.

Many people believe that she's a hardcore workaholic, but she knew how to have fun when she wants to. When they're about two miles from the building she puts the glasses on and gives the building a lengthy once over before she takes them off.

"So the only living things in there are a few rats and maybe a raccoon by the size of it." She reports. When Ana nods and heads in one direction she takes the other, not really waiting for Damien. "Have you ever been on a mission like this before?"
Lichtdrache.gif
(( I think these should be a little shorter so we have plenty of chance to respond to combat situations ))

"Well that was Moira's goal, a fine young gentleman that way I could die with dignity if she failed."

Damien followed, giving adequate space and scanning back and forth. Molsey's glasses were of interest. She took note, in case she needed to start a conversation later. She nodded. Nothing living. She wondered if Molsey could detect omnics. They were definitely a threat. They didn't succumb to fire nearly so quickly as humans and had improved aim with firearms. They also didn't except scare. Practically her undoing.

"This is actually my first real mission, so to speak. I've mostly backed up Dr. Ziegler or Mr. Lindholm after a situation has already been locked down," Damien replied, "And yourself?"

When they came closer to the building Damien's heart was pounding. She never knew the full extent of what Moira had done to her. She didn't deny the mental conditioning, subtle as it was. She never chastised her for attacking or lashing out at nurses and doctors that weren't her. It was a lingering fear that Moira had conditioned her to want to hurt people, or seek out conflict.
(( I think these should be a little shorter so we have plenty of chance to respond to combat situations ))

"Well that was Moira's goal, a fine young gentleman that way I could die with dignity if she failed."

Damien followed, giving adequate space and scanning back and forth. Molsey's glasses were of interest. She took note, in case she needed to start a conversation later. She nodded. Nothing living. She wondered if Molsey could detect omnics. They were definitely a threat. They didn't succumb to fire nearly so quickly as humans and had improved aim with firearms. They also didn't except scare. Practically her undoing.

"This is actually my first real mission, so to speak. I've mostly backed up Dr. Ziegler or Mr. Lindholm after a situation has already been locked down," Damien replied, "And yourself?"

When they came closer to the building Damien's heart was pounding. She never knew the full extent of what Moira had done to her. She didn't deny the mental conditioning, subtle as it was. She never chastised her for attacking or lashing out at nurses and doctors that weren't her. It was a lingering fear that Moira had conditioned her to want to hurt people, or seek out conflict.
QFXpYkj.png
//Understandable//

Molsey hums quietly, "First one with a team, I've been out a few times with Ana when we were tracking down her daughter, then Genji when we were finding Hanzo." She was only on those missions as a last minute back up, but she still considered them missions.

Once they reach the door she puts her glasses on one more time before she tries the doorknob. Thankfully it was unlocked, but she still opens it slowly and waits a second before entering.

She had studied the blueprints for this building for hours on end, but nothing could've prepared her for the sudden wave of memories from her Overwatch days to come crashing down on her.

After a second she shakes her head and continues on into the shadowy halls. "Do you remember the room number by any chance?"
//Understandable//

Molsey hums quietly, "First one with a team, I've been out a few times with Ana when we were tracking down her daughter, then Genji when we were finding Hanzo." She was only on those missions as a last minute back up, but she still considered them missions.

Once they reach the door she puts her glasses on one more time before she tries the doorknob. Thankfully it was unlocked, but she still opens it slowly and waits a second before entering.

She had studied the blueprints for this building for hours on end, but nothing could've prepared her for the sudden wave of memories from her Overwatch days to come crashing down on her.

After a second she shakes her head and continues on into the shadowy halls. "Do you remember the room number by any chance?"
Lichtdrache.gif
Damien nods. Those were missions. Definitely. And she had stealth experience. All Damien knew how to do was crowd control, and not in a positive light.

She follows Molsey inside and hesitates seeing her shake her head. Damien herself knew exactly what she was trying to shake away. Memories.

The shadows are eerie and sounds echo unpredictably. Namely their footsteps. She could only imagine what a ruckus Moira's lanky feet would've made against the floor walking through these halls in her handmade Italian leather shoes.

Damien pauses, racking her mind, "Nope. Numbers are not my strong suit since I'm dyslexic but I know the route by heart. Down this hall, turn right, third door on the right wall, through there and up the stairs."

As they continued down the hall a chill crept up the back of Damien's neck. She feels like Moira is watching and scrutinizing her every step.

It's an old building. There's no way she'd be here. The power is minimal, that doesn't include security. This is an old building. Angela wouldn't let me walk into anything serious.

Still, the pounding of her heart started her stabilizer and it glowed slightly in the darkness of the hall. Raising her hand Damien resisted the urge to summon her fire to iluminate everything around them.
Damien nods. Those were missions. Definitely. And she had stealth experience. All Damien knew how to do was crowd control, and not in a positive light.

She follows Molsey inside and hesitates seeing her shake her head. Damien herself knew exactly what she was trying to shake away. Memories.

The shadows are eerie and sounds echo unpredictably. Namely their footsteps. She could only imagine what a ruckus Moira's lanky feet would've made against the floor walking through these halls in her handmade Italian leather shoes.

Damien pauses, racking her mind, "Nope. Numbers are not my strong suit since I'm dyslexic but I know the route by heart. Down this hall, turn right, third door on the right wall, through there and up the stairs."

As they continued down the hall a chill crept up the back of Damien's neck. She feels like Moira is watching and scrutinizing her every step.

It's an old building. There's no way she'd be here. The power is minimal, that doesn't include security. This is an old building. Angela wouldn't let me walk into anything serious.

Still, the pounding of her heart started her stabilizer and it glowed slightly in the darkness of the hall. Raising her hand Damien resisted the urge to summon her fire to iluminate everything around them.
QFXpYkj.png
//Handmade Italian leather shoes, I'm wheezing from the accuracy//

"Noted." Molsey was almost the exact opposite, numbers made sense but you could give her directions to something right in front of her and you'd have to take her there. This also made for very awkward questions at random hours when she couldn't find something.

With the directions repeating in her mind like a chant she follows the directions. She stops right in front of the doors and murmurs the directions to herself before she opens the third door.

The feeling of uneasiness coming from Damien was so strong she has to stop and turn around. "Damien you're safe, if anything happens I'm right here." She soothes, cupping Damien's face with her hands. This might be slightly out of line, but there would be no way she could focus if her partner was this on edge.
//Handmade Italian leather shoes, I'm wheezing from the accuracy//

"Noted." Molsey was almost the exact opposite, numbers made sense but you could give her directions to something right in front of her and you'd have to take her there. This also made for very awkward questions at random hours when she couldn't find something.

With the directions repeating in her mind like a chant she follows the directions. She stops right in front of the doors and murmurs the directions to herself before she opens the third door.

The feeling of uneasiness coming from Damien was so strong she has to stop and turn around. "Damien you're safe, if anything happens I'm right here." She soothes, cupping Damien's face with her hands. This might be slightly out of line, but there would be no way she could focus if her partner was this on edge.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( Well nurses and hospital staff often wear crocs because they're quiet.... I cannot see Moira wearing a pair if they were the last shoes on earth XD ))

Damien smiled a little hearing Molsey murmur the directions again. Thanks to abuse in her childhood and too many concussions to count she had days where she could be told something ten times and still need to be told ten more times before she might get halfway to where she meant to go. Even with the murmuring.

When they were finally at the stairs Damien let out an internal sigh. Being out in the open did not help her nerves any.

Molsey suddenly saying her name was a little surprising. When she touched Damien's face she jerked away, grabbing both her hands. She sighed, "I'm-I'm sorry. Thank you. I'll explain later. I'm not- Please don't reach for my head." Quickly she released Molsey's hands and was relieved to see she hadn't burned her.

Taking a deep breath Damien runs a hand through her hair. She cracks a smile, "Always following in Moira's steps. Guess I just can't avoid it." Looking a the steps she takes them two at a time, pausing to make sure she hadn't frightened her teammate.
(( Well nurses and hospital staff often wear crocs because they're quiet.... I cannot see Moira wearing a pair if they were the last shoes on earth XD ))

Damien smiled a little hearing Molsey murmur the directions again. Thanks to abuse in her childhood and too many concussions to count she had days where she could be told something ten times and still need to be told ten more times before she might get halfway to where she meant to go. Even with the murmuring.

When they were finally at the stairs Damien let out an internal sigh. Being out in the open did not help her nerves any.

Molsey suddenly saying her name was a little surprising. When she touched Damien's face she jerked away, grabbing both her hands. She sighed, "I'm-I'm sorry. Thank you. I'll explain later. I'm not- Please don't reach for my head." Quickly she released Molsey's hands and was relieved to see she hadn't burned her.

Taking a deep breath Damien runs a hand through her hair. She cracks a smile, "Always following in Moira's steps. Guess I just can't avoid it." Looking a the steps she takes them two at a time, pausing to make sure she hadn't frightened her teammate.
QFXpYkj.png
//I officially want a skin with Moira in crocs oml that's such a beautiful thought XD//

Molsey jumps a little at Damien's violent reaction and was ready to rip her hands away in case she somehow hurt her new teammate. She was surprised when she took her hands in hers, only for her to let go quickly.

The interaction happened so fast it took her a second to gather her thoughts. "Don't apologize, it was my fault for reaching out so suddenly." She has to quicken her pace to keep up with Damien, her legs too short to take two steps at a time.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" If she reacted to harshly to physical contact then there could be other triggers that she'd need to avoid in the future.
//I officially want a skin with Moira in crocs oml that's such a beautiful thought XD//

Molsey jumps a little at Damien's violent reaction and was ready to rip her hands away in case she somehow hurt her new teammate. She was surprised when she took her hands in hers, only for her to let go quickly.

The interaction happened so fast it took her a second to gather her thoughts. "Don't apologize, it was my fault for reaching out so suddenly." She has to quicken her pace to keep up with Damien, her legs too short to take two steps at a time.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" If she reacted to harshly to physical contact then there could be other triggers that she'd need to avoid in the future.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( Like a terrible, I mean horrible, Tracer cosplay? That'd be omg ))

"Oh where to start," Damien's chuckle was pained. She slowed a little so Molsey could keep up but made sure she was just a little ahead. If anybody got hurt she did not want it to be her partner. "I'm not great with yelling, the smell of alcohol, sudden movements towards my head, or being completely ignored which pretty much tells you what I grew up with before Moira."

When they reached the top floor Damien lead the way to the door. She frowned seeing the label. 'Janitorial'. Just the sort of thing Moira would do so people wouldn't bother her.

Inside the office is strewn in papers. It looked like a tornado hit, except to Damien it looked familiar. She barred the door with her arm so Molsey didn't go in, "Please stay there." Damien herself tiptoed in the openings between bunches of papers, kneeling down and summoning fire to her hand to scan each folder. She didn't need the words, she was looking for the folder with a spatter of brownish stain on the front. Her blood.

Moira had brought the project to work on while sitting in the room, since Damien was often lonely. Instead her lung had succumbed to the heat and Damien had coughed up blood violently, hence it wound up on the folder.
(( Like a terrible, I mean horrible, Tracer cosplay? That'd be omg ))

"Oh where to start," Damien's chuckle was pained. She slowed a little so Molsey could keep up but made sure she was just a little ahead. If anybody got hurt she did not want it to be her partner. "I'm not great with yelling, the smell of alcohol, sudden movements towards my head, or being completely ignored which pretty much tells you what I grew up with before Moira."

When they reached the top floor Damien lead the way to the door. She frowned seeing the label. 'Janitorial'. Just the sort of thing Moira would do so people wouldn't bother her.

Inside the office is strewn in papers. It looked like a tornado hit, except to Damien it looked familiar. She barred the door with her arm so Molsey didn't go in, "Please stay there." Damien herself tiptoed in the openings between bunches of papers, kneeling down and summoning fire to her hand to scan each folder. She didn't need the words, she was looking for the folder with a spatter of brownish stain on the front. Her blood.

Moira had brought the project to work on while sitting in the room, since Damien was often lonely. Instead her lung had succumbed to the heat and Damien had coughed up blood violently, hence it wound up on the folder.
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88