Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Loststar
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88
The woman mostly nods along to Damien's words as she sets up a holographic image of Genji's armor, the takes the device to him. As far as she knew Angela hadn't modified his armor since her last look at him, so if anything was out of place she wouldn't have to update anything.

Molsey stops about halfway through the data transfer and looks at Damien. Somewhere in the back of her mind the stare is harder than she intends it to be, but the way she said everything starts to make her think. 'What if she doesn't have to be in chronic pain all the time?'

It takes a fake cough from Genji to snap herself out of her thoughts and returns to the transfer. "Sorry! I got lost in thought." Molsey's cheeks heat up a little at the thought of how awkward it must've been for the two of them to just stand there while she stares intensely at someone for who knows how long.

"Damien," She looks up from her screen, "Come find me after the mission, I want to try something." With that she waves her off and continues to her work. Once she's left the room Genji turns to Molsey, "So what do you think of her?"

"She's cute, like a puppy."
The woman mostly nods along to Damien's words as she sets up a holographic image of Genji's armor, the takes the device to him. As far as she knew Angela hadn't modified his armor since her last look at him, so if anything was out of place she wouldn't have to update anything.

Molsey stops about halfway through the data transfer and looks at Damien. Somewhere in the back of her mind the stare is harder than she intends it to be, but the way she said everything starts to make her think. 'What if she doesn't have to be in chronic pain all the time?'

It takes a fake cough from Genji to snap herself out of her thoughts and returns to the transfer. "Sorry! I got lost in thought." Molsey's cheeks heat up a little at the thought of how awkward it must've been for the two of them to just stand there while she stares intensely at someone for who knows how long.

"Damien," She looks up from her screen, "Come find me after the mission, I want to try something." With that she waves her off and continues to her work. Once she's left the room Genji turns to Molsey, "So what do you think of her?"

"She's cute, like a puppy."
Lichtdrache.gif
Damien nods and gladly leaves the room, leaning on the wall outside once the door closes and running her hand into her bangs.

Come see me after the mission. Sounded familiar to come see me after class, or come see me after the nurse finishes changing your port. She shakes her head, trying to clear the old bad memories away like cobwebs from her mind. She bounds down the hall, trying to create distance and maybe a little noise to separate her from her thoughts.

Why had Molsey just stared at her? Like a predator staring at something that caught its attention. It was kind of endearing, kind of concerning. It wasn't something wrong with her armor, which meant it had to be something wrong with her.

Finding the medical wing Damien sighed as she strode in. Handing Ziegler back her tablet she looked at her, "What did you tell Molsey about me?"

"Nothing!"

Damien's eyes narrowed, "Your left eye twitches when you lie."

"It does not."

"So you deny the twitch not the lying."

Ziegler stood, sighing, "You sound like Moira."

"You tell me that a lot. What did you tell Molsey?"

"I told her to watch out for you! I know how well you get along with Ana and I want you taken care of." It would be easier to handcuff two hardened criminals together than to get Ana and Damien to get along. Ziegler forced a smile, "Where are your gauntlets?" Crap.
Damien nods and gladly leaves the room, leaning on the wall outside once the door closes and running her hand into her bangs.

Come see me after the mission. Sounded familiar to come see me after class, or come see me after the nurse finishes changing your port. She shakes her head, trying to clear the old bad memories away like cobwebs from her mind. She bounds down the hall, trying to create distance and maybe a little noise to separate her from her thoughts.

Why had Molsey just stared at her? Like a predator staring at something that caught its attention. It was kind of endearing, kind of concerning. It wasn't something wrong with her armor, which meant it had to be something wrong with her.

Finding the medical wing Damien sighed as she strode in. Handing Ziegler back her tablet she looked at her, "What did you tell Molsey about me?"

"Nothing!"

Damien's eyes narrowed, "Your left eye twitches when you lie."

"It does not."

"So you deny the twitch not the lying."

Ziegler stood, sighing, "You sound like Moira."

"You tell me that a lot. What did you tell Molsey?"

"I told her to watch out for you! I know how well you get along with Ana and I want you taken care of." It would be easier to handcuff two hardened criminals together than to get Ana and Damien to get along. Ziegler forced a smile, "Where are your gauntlets?" Crap.
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
Though the look he gives her is hidden by his mask, she can feel it as she compares the images of his armor. "Don't look at me like that, she's just awkward like one." Genji puts his hands up in surrender. Molsey compares the two images and finds nothing wrong with the armor.

"Do you think I scared her earlier?" She asks, tucking away the hard drive back into it's desk. "Not scare, maybe just brought back some memories." He offers, shrugging lightly. Molsey nods, but his answer makes her feel worse.

Genji leaves when she starts analyzing Ana's rifle. She hates the thought of bringing up past memories of Moira. From what she's both heard and read Moira was kind of a twisted excuse of a mother figure when Damien was in her care.

When she finds nothing wrong with the rifle she grabs the gun and the gauntlets and leaves her workshop. It was easy to find Ana, who was sitting in the lounging area with her nose in a book. The sniper thanks her and returns to her book. Now to find Damien and explain her words.
Though the look he gives her is hidden by his mask, she can feel it as she compares the images of his armor. "Don't look at me like that, she's just awkward like one." Genji puts his hands up in surrender. Molsey compares the two images and finds nothing wrong with the armor.

"Do you think I scared her earlier?" She asks, tucking away the hard drive back into it's desk. "Not scare, maybe just brought back some memories." He offers, shrugging lightly. Molsey nods, but his answer makes her feel worse.

Genji leaves when she starts analyzing Ana's rifle. She hates the thought of bringing up past memories of Moira. From what she's both heard and read Moira was kind of a twisted excuse of a mother figure when Damien was in her care.

When she finds nothing wrong with the rifle she grabs the gun and the gauntlets and leaves her workshop. It was easy to find Ana, who was sitting in the lounging area with her nose in a book. The sniper thanks her and returns to her book. Now to find Damien and explain her words.
Lichtdrache.gif
(( Cliche anime scene where they round a corner and collide in 3... 2...))

Damien walked ever faster through the halls. She felt like her thoughts were her shadow, inescapable.

You sound like Moira. When you haven't lost control in awhile you kinda look like her. You act so much like her it's concerning.

It wasn't her fault the first human being to show her a shred of affection or decency. Even Ziegler had declined her appeal. That was a day she would never forget. Deep down she was still struggling to forgive Ziegler. Moira had cared for her. Saved her life. Also seemed to take some small degree of sadistic pleasure whenever she needed to put in an IV or depress a syringe. And in the end, she was nothing more than an over sized lab rat.

Suddenly Damien found herself at a dead run. She brought herself to a slow stop. The stabilizer at her back was humming. Her hair had turned pitch black. She rubbed her face. Stop. Think.

If she kept this up Molsey would never find her, and that poor woman was probably carrying her heavy gauntlets around.

Damien went to the hangar to wait for the dropship to come in. Without her gauntlets she had to be careful. Slowly she let flames lick up her arms, started at her elbow and flowing up her fingers, slow and sad.

Finding a supply crate she sat on it, looking at the flames and trying not to let her mind wander too far into the past.
(( Cliche anime scene where they round a corner and collide in 3... 2...))

Damien walked ever faster through the halls. She felt like her thoughts were her shadow, inescapable.

You sound like Moira. When you haven't lost control in awhile you kinda look like her. You act so much like her it's concerning.

It wasn't her fault the first human being to show her a shred of affection or decency. Even Ziegler had declined her appeal. That was a day she would never forget. Deep down she was still struggling to forgive Ziegler. Moira had cared for her. Saved her life. Also seemed to take some small degree of sadistic pleasure whenever she needed to put in an IV or depress a syringe. And in the end, she was nothing more than an over sized lab rat.

Suddenly Damien found herself at a dead run. She brought herself to a slow stop. The stabilizer at her back was humming. Her hair had turned pitch black. She rubbed her face. Stop. Think.

If she kept this up Molsey would never find her, and that poor woman was probably carrying her heavy gauntlets around.

Damien went to the hangar to wait for the dropship to come in. Without her gauntlets she had to be careful. Slowly she let flames lick up her arms, started at her elbow and flowing up her fingers, slow and sad.

Finding a supply crate she sat on it, looking at the flames and trying not to let her mind wander too far into the past.
QFXpYkj.png
Panic starts to set in after about five minutes without being able to find Damien. It takes her passing by Winston's workshop on the other end of the base for a sudden realization to hit her.

Molsey checks the time, twenty minutes until it's time to go on the mission. She takes a shortcut through a mostly empty hallway to her office to pick up her healing bombs and her battle axe. With a quick press of a button the weapon retreats into it's handle.

She makes her way into the hangar, making sure to be quiet so she doesn't scare Damien if she's in there. The light of the flames is what she sees first, so she follows the faint light until Damien comes into sight.

"Damien, I have your gauntlets, you left them in my workshop." Molsey walks up slowly so she doesn't scare her, gauntlets in hand. She reaches up to hand them over, she has to get up on her tip toes to do it though. 'And she's supposed to be the younger one.' She muses her herself.
Panic starts to set in after about five minutes without being able to find Damien. It takes her passing by Winston's workshop on the other end of the base for a sudden realization to hit her.

Molsey checks the time, twenty minutes until it's time to go on the mission. She takes a shortcut through a mostly empty hallway to her office to pick up her healing bombs and her battle axe. With a quick press of a button the weapon retreats into it's handle.

She makes her way into the hangar, making sure to be quiet so she doesn't scare Damien if she's in there. The light of the flames is what she sees first, so she follows the faint light until Damien comes into sight.

"Damien, I have your gauntlets, you left them in my workshop." Molsey walks up slowly so she doesn't scare her, gauntlets in hand. She reaches up to hand them over, she has to get up on her tip toes to do it though. 'And she's supposed to be the younger one.' She muses her herself.
Lichtdrache.gif
Damien heard Molsey approach. Her footsteps were soft but she was used to listening for that one nurse she hated. If she pretended to be asleep she could avoid her.

She looked up, extinguishing her hands. Surely the sight was a little disturbing. Her smile was forced, "Thank you. Sorry for making you carrying them, they're rather heavy." Damien takes both in one hand, hopping down. She pulls them on carefully and closes and opens her fists a few times.

The drop ship arrives early and the pilots and crew do their own checklist.

Genji and Ana arrive as well, walking over so everyone is standing in a group. Ziegler stands by the door, waving. Damien waves in return, trying not to seem to eager to leave her. Honestly, she's a little concerned. It's her first real mission. Not emergency response afterward, or running perimeter on a closed scene. A real mission.

When Ziegler leaves Damien turns back, running her fingers into her hair and looking around.

"Angela does not want to smother you, or bubble wrap you Damien. She wanted to be here to see you shine on your first mission. Brigette wanted to be here too but I drew the long straw."

"Not the short straw?" Damien muttered. Ana cuffed her upside the head, then faltered, "Sorry, I forgot."

"It's fine. I don't hit people over a hundred years old."

Ana raised a hand again though both she and Damien were laughing.
Damien heard Molsey approach. Her footsteps were soft but she was used to listening for that one nurse she hated. If she pretended to be asleep she could avoid her.

She looked up, extinguishing her hands. Surely the sight was a little disturbing. Her smile was forced, "Thank you. Sorry for making you carrying them, they're rather heavy." Damien takes both in one hand, hopping down. She pulls them on carefully and closes and opens her fists a few times.

The drop ship arrives early and the pilots and crew do their own checklist.

Genji and Ana arrive as well, walking over so everyone is standing in a group. Ziegler stands by the door, waving. Damien waves in return, trying not to seem to eager to leave her. Honestly, she's a little concerned. It's her first real mission. Not emergency response afterward, or running perimeter on a closed scene. A real mission.

When Ziegler leaves Damien turns back, running her fingers into her hair and looking around.

"Angela does not want to smother you, or bubble wrap you Damien. She wanted to be here to see you shine on your first mission. Brigette wanted to be here too but I drew the long straw."

"Not the short straw?" Damien muttered. Ana cuffed her upside the head, then faltered, "Sorry, I forgot."

"It's fine. I don't hit people over a hundred years old."

Ana raised a hand again though both she and Damien were laughing.
QFXpYkj.png
Molsey shakes her head, "It wasn't a problem, I'm sturdier than I look." She opens her mouth to speak, but closes it again when the dropship lands and everyone starts walking in. The crew scurry about to finish the last minute tasks before we leave.

Before she joins the rest of the group, Molsey swipes an open tablet and quickly changes the password before she tucks it into an inner pocket in her lab coat. She's handed her catsuit by one of the crew and she decides she'll change on the way over.

Quietly she comes up to stand near the team, only catching the last part of what seems to be Damien and Ana bickering lightly. A soft smile grows on her lips at the sight of them, both of the usually more somber-looking women looking happy made her heart warm.

The captain of the ship calls for them to get on board. Molsey quickly boards the ship and tucks herself into the corner bench and opens up the tablet. Before Satya took Molsey in, she was use to pickpocketing and stealing whatever she needed. The habit never quite died out even after all these years.

Luckily she had a spare drive hidden in one of her pockets, so she transfers the information on the tablet onto her drive and looks through everything that's on it while she waits for the process to complete.
Molsey shakes her head, "It wasn't a problem, I'm sturdier than I look." She opens her mouth to speak, but closes it again when the dropship lands and everyone starts walking in. The crew scurry about to finish the last minute tasks before we leave.

Before she joins the rest of the group, Molsey swipes an open tablet and quickly changes the password before she tucks it into an inner pocket in her lab coat. She's handed her catsuit by one of the crew and she decides she'll change on the way over.

Quietly she comes up to stand near the team, only catching the last part of what seems to be Damien and Ana bickering lightly. A soft smile grows on her lips at the sight of them, both of the usually more somber-looking women looking happy made her heart warm.

The captain of the ship calls for them to get on board. Molsey quickly boards the ship and tucks herself into the corner bench and opens up the tablet. Before Satya took Molsey in, she was use to pickpocketing and stealing whatever she needed. The habit never quite died out even after all these years.

Luckily she had a spare drive hidden in one of her pockets, so she transfers the information on the tablet onto her drive and looks through everything that's on it while she waits for the process to complete.
Lichtdrache.gif
"Damien!" Ziegler comes running over with a jacket in hand. She smiles somewhat sadly, "You forgot your jacket and I know how much it means to you."

"Thanks Angela. I'll come back safe, I promise." Damien hugs her with one arm before ducking inside. Ana and Genji have taken their seats so she finds one across the table in an individual spot.

She glances at Molsey, figuring a last minute check wouldn't be a bad idea. She pulls her armor off, slips into the jacket, then straps it on over the top. She'd yet to burn the garment and was keen not to.

Damien walks over and leans on the wall, looking over Ana's shoulder, "So you're taking lead captain, what are we looking for?"

"In case bad does come to worse I'd like all of you to memorize the file name so we can retrieve it regardless," Ana says. She waits for a moment while the ship takes off before continuing.

"Basic research into nanobiotic coalescence."

Damien's chest felt tight suddenly. Now she knew exactly why Ziegler had been to keen to be on the trip. That was a project she and Moira had shared. A rare, volatile situation. No doubt it was unfinished but likely something dangerous. Especially if a certain scientist got a hold of it again.

Her arms folded across her chest and she nodded. Hell she even knew what the paper file looked like, if that was what they needed.
"Damien!" Ziegler comes running over with a jacket in hand. She smiles somewhat sadly, "You forgot your jacket and I know how much it means to you."

"Thanks Angela. I'll come back safe, I promise." Damien hugs her with one arm before ducking inside. Ana and Genji have taken their seats so she finds one across the table in an individual spot.

She glances at Molsey, figuring a last minute check wouldn't be a bad idea. She pulls her armor off, slips into the jacket, then straps it on over the top. She'd yet to burn the garment and was keen not to.

Damien walks over and leans on the wall, looking over Ana's shoulder, "So you're taking lead captain, what are we looking for?"

"In case bad does come to worse I'd like all of you to memorize the file name so we can retrieve it regardless," Ana says. She waits for a moment while the ship takes off before continuing.

"Basic research into nanobiotic coalescence."

Damien's chest felt tight suddenly. Now she knew exactly why Ziegler had been to keen to be on the trip. That was a project she and Moira had shared. A rare, volatile situation. No doubt it was unfinished but likely something dangerous. Especially if a certain scientist got a hold of it again.

Her arms folded across her chest and she nodded. Hell she even knew what the paper file looked like, if that was what they needed.
QFXpYkj.png
"Winston managed to find the file from an old Overwatch computer system, but none of us could unencrypt the file." Molsey adds from her seat in the corner, "But your can't encrypt or hack a piece of paper."

The information was mostly on the ship itself, but at least now she could figure out how to fly it in case something went wrong while in the air. With a bored sigh she sets the tablet down and stretches, eyes closed and a look of contentment written across her face.

Finally she gets up, grabs her uniform, and walks to the bathroom. Molsey knew she needed to be more social, but she just couldn't bring herself to start a conversation.

She quickly changes into her white accented black catsuit, pulls on her leather combat boots and slips a pair of glasses on the top of her head. With them on she can see heat signatures through walls, but if she wears them for too long it makes her sight blurry.

Molsey walks out and folds her clothes on a bench next to the tablet. "Anything else we need to know Captain?" She asks, tying her hair up into a French braid.
"Winston managed to find the file from an old Overwatch computer system, but none of us could unencrypt the file." Molsey adds from her seat in the corner, "But your can't encrypt or hack a piece of paper."

The information was mostly on the ship itself, but at least now she could figure out how to fly it in case something went wrong while in the air. With a bored sigh she sets the tablet down and stretches, eyes closed and a look of contentment written across her face.

Finally she gets up, grabs her uniform, and walks to the bathroom. Molsey knew she needed to be more social, but she just couldn't bring herself to start a conversation.

She quickly changes into her white accented black catsuit, pulls on her leather combat boots and slips a pair of glasses on the top of her head. With them on she can see heat signatures through walls, but if she wears them for too long it makes her sight blurry.

Molsey walks out and folds her clothes on a bench next to the tablet. "Anything else we need to know Captain?" She asks, tying her hair up into a French braid.
Lichtdrache.gif
Damien felt like an idiot. She'd read and reread the mission files but still she didn't know what they were doing. She pretended really well. She could read the words not problem. She could even pronounce all of them. Judging by the looks on someone's face, generally Ziegler's she could guess what the mission meant. She needed to finish high school. She needed to study more, she knew. But her schedule never allowed.

She was drawn from her thoughts, once again, by Molsey. And she swore up and down internally hoping her cheeks wouldn't blush and betray her. Sure plenty of other agents wore fitted suits but for once reason or another they were never someone she would date. Anyone who age treated her like a younger sibling, or they were straight. Molsey was completely new to her.

"Yes, since someone will be avoiding me like the plague bomb Damien whenever you deem necessary," Ana smiled knowingly. Damien shot her a flat look.

Ana nodded, "If need be Damien can act as a shield. She's better than trying to run for cover. Stand close, her fire can melt bullets before they reach you. Damien, Molsey can handle herself in close quarters fights. She can also lob her healing bombs a good distance but don't make her. If all hell breaks loose stick together."
Damien felt like an idiot. She'd read and reread the mission files but still she didn't know what they were doing. She pretended really well. She could read the words not problem. She could even pronounce all of them. Judging by the looks on someone's face, generally Ziegler's she could guess what the mission meant. She needed to finish high school. She needed to study more, she knew. But her schedule never allowed.

She was drawn from her thoughts, once again, by Molsey. And she swore up and down internally hoping her cheeks wouldn't blush and betray her. Sure plenty of other agents wore fitted suits but for once reason or another they were never someone she would date. Anyone who age treated her like a younger sibling, or they were straight. Molsey was completely new to her.

"Yes, since someone will be avoiding me like the plague bomb Damien whenever you deem necessary," Ana smiled knowingly. Damien shot her a flat look.

Ana nodded, "If need be Damien can act as a shield. She's better than trying to run for cover. Stand close, her fire can melt bullets before they reach you. Damien, Molsey can handle herself in close quarters fights. She can also lob her healing bombs a good distance but don't make her. If all hell breaks loose stick together."
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88