Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wings of Fire , the midnight hour
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Sanddollar touched down on the ledge, not far from Fatespeaker. Her gaze swept the outcropping that led into the entrance hall cave, her eyes searching for any possible hiding places for potential ambushers. She did not like being in unfamiliar territory, especially when it was swarming with dragons from other tribes.

When Fatespeaker rushed at her with an overexcited greeting and pushed a map scroll into her talons, she quietly took it with a wary scowl at the other dragon. She unrolled it as the NightWing bounced away to continue greeting other dragonets. She eyed the other dragons cautiously before finally tipping her nose down to look at the map. Memorizing the layout of the school would be her first priority.
Sanddollar touched down on the ledge, not far from Fatespeaker. Her gaze swept the outcropping that led into the entrance hall cave, her eyes searching for any possible hiding places for potential ambushers. She did not like being in unfamiliar territory, especially when it was swarming with dragons from other tribes.

When Fatespeaker rushed at her with an overexcited greeting and pushed a map scroll into her talons, she quietly took it with a wary scowl at the other dragon. She unrolled it as the NightWing bounced away to continue greeting other dragonets. She eyed the other dragons cautiously before finally tipping her nose down to look at the map. Memorizing the layout of the school would be her first priority.
Sunset glances about quietly sizing up who would fight better than others.
He carefully walks forward and Fatespeaker spies him
“Sunset is it? Im so good at names, but Starflight is better at remembering than me!
Here’s your scroll and Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy!” She said in a joyful manner and runs off to welcome a mudwing named Toad.
Sunset walks inside and heads to his sleeping cave that he shares.

@Eikthyrnir you don’t have to if you don’t want to but you can
Sunset glances about quietly sizing up who would fight better than others.
He carefully walks forward and Fatespeaker spies him
“Sunset is it? Im so good at names, but Starflight is better at remembering than me!
Here’s your scroll and Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy!” She said in a joyful manner and runs off to welcome a mudwing named Toad.
Sunset walks inside and heads to his sleeping cave that he shares.

@Eikthyrnir you don’t have to if you don’t want to but you can
I am a artist / roleplayer / gamer / and an insane idiot
Sanddollar finished looking over enough of the map to be certain she knew how to enter and exit the school from various locations if the need arose. She then made her way to her assigned sleeping cave that she would share with the other female dragonets in her winglet.

She paused in the doorway, surveying the IceWing that was already there. After a moment, she entered and laid her scroll and small bag of belongings next to a patch of moss to claim as her sleeping area.

((@Eikthyrnir Also, I don't think it's necessary to ping everyone when we reply unless you're talking to them outside the RP like I am to you now. I'm subscribed to the thread, so pinging me for general replies would just give double the notifications.))
Sanddollar finished looking over enough of the map to be certain she knew how to enter and exit the school from various locations if the need arose. She then made her way to her assigned sleeping cave that she would share with the other female dragonets in her winglet.

She paused in the doorway, surveying the IceWing that was already there. After a moment, she entered and laid her scroll and small bag of belongings next to a patch of moss to claim as her sleeping area.

((@Eikthyrnir Also, I don't think it's necessary to ping everyone when we reply unless you're talking to them outside the RP like I am to you now. I'm subscribed to the thread, so pinging me for general replies would just give double the notifications.))
Valiant tried to keep his head up. His brother, Shield, who was a flamescale, was right next to him as they flapped. He was chattering on about how Valiant would do so well st the academy and how lucky he was. But Valiant didn’t think so. The idea of the place filled him with worry as he fiddled with the jewelry that draped across India’s his neck. It was animus-touched so that Shield wouldn’t burn him, but he still stayed distant.

“C’mon! Vali, are you gonna talk to me?” Shield said, frown playing with the edges of his handsome face. The yellow-orange SkyWing looked up quickly.
“Yeah, Yeah.” He said quietly. His brother was three years older, but t could have been lifetimes by the way they acted. The older brother was extroverted and funny, while Vali had trouble asking to get a drink of water.

“It’s your first day! Show a bit of exitement!” Shield said, and Vali continued to give him half-hearted answers until they landed near the front of the school. Vali stuck to his brother’s side, not wanting to go. Their mother and father..well, they were rich and had to work all the time, and of course they couldn’t be there.

“Go on in. You’ll do great. Wait, did you bring-“ the red SkyWing frowned, finally spotting a curious head popping out of Valiant’s bag.
“Yeah. But hey said it was okay!” The younger SkyWing said, pulling out the long snake and wrapping it about his shoulders. She settled happily there, bathing in the sunlight.
“Well, I guess you’ll have someone. Alright. But write back!” Shield said, taking off and flying away before the yellowish SkyWing could say goodbye.

He hung his head and turned to see dragons piling in. Red looked as well, tongue flicking in and out. She was a red-tailed boa, and he had bought her as a pet a few years back with his own coin. His parents didn’t care, anyway.

Taking a deep breath, he turned and walked up to the purple NightWing at the door.
“Hey there! I’m Fatespeaker. And you are..?”
“Valiant,” He replied, nodding. She cast a look at his snake.
“Ooo! A pet! Alright, go show that to your cavemates! Here’s your scroll!” She said, shoving it in his talons.

Quickly, he moved on, trotting into his sleeping cave. He saw a Golden SandWing in there as well, but quickly saw the bed he had been assigned-a bed of moss. Well, not assigned. He played with his bag as he turned to the other dragon.
“Hey, um, do you mind if I take this one?” He asked, keeping his eyes down.
Valiant tried to keep his head up. His brother, Shield, who was a flamescale, was right next to him as they flapped. He was chattering on about how Valiant would do so well st the academy and how lucky he was. But Valiant didn’t think so. The idea of the place filled him with worry as he fiddled with the jewelry that draped across India’s his neck. It was animus-touched so that Shield wouldn’t burn him, but he still stayed distant.

“C’mon! Vali, are you gonna talk to me?” Shield said, frown playing with the edges of his handsome face. The yellow-orange SkyWing looked up quickly.
“Yeah, Yeah.” He said quietly. His brother was three years older, but t could have been lifetimes by the way they acted. The older brother was extroverted and funny, while Vali had trouble asking to get a drink of water.

“It’s your first day! Show a bit of exitement!” Shield said, and Vali continued to give him half-hearted answers until they landed near the front of the school. Vali stuck to his brother’s side, not wanting to go. Their mother and father..well, they were rich and had to work all the time, and of course they couldn’t be there.

“Go on in. You’ll do great. Wait, did you bring-“ the red SkyWing frowned, finally spotting a curious head popping out of Valiant’s bag.
“Yeah. But hey said it was okay!” The younger SkyWing said, pulling out the long snake and wrapping it about his shoulders. She settled happily there, bathing in the sunlight.
“Well, I guess you’ll have someone. Alright. But write back!” Shield said, taking off and flying away before the yellowish SkyWing could say goodbye.

He hung his head and turned to see dragons piling in. Red looked as well, tongue flicking in and out. She was a red-tailed boa, and he had bought her as a pet a few years back with his own coin. His parents didn’t care, anyway.

Taking a deep breath, he turned and walked up to the purple NightWing at the door.
“Hey there! I’m Fatespeaker. And you are..?”
“Valiant,” He replied, nodding. She cast a look at his snake.
“Ooo! A pet! Alright, go show that to your cavemates! Here’s your scroll!” She said, shoving it in his talons.

Quickly, he moved on, trotting into his sleeping cave. He saw a Golden SandWing in there as well, but quickly saw the bed he had been assigned-a bed of moss. Well, not assigned. He played with his bag as he turned to the other dragon.
“Hey, um, do you mind if I take this one?” He asked, keeping his eyes down.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
"Hello," Sanddollar replied dryly, giving the IceWing a quick glance before moving to look through her own scroll rack beside her bed.

It was a very interesting selection of scrolls, which would possibly prove useful over time. After all, she had been sent her to learn and foster inter-tribe relations. She wasn't exactly wild about it, especially if it meant being nice to SkyWings, but it was her duty to follow her commander's orders and try to make friends, peace, or whatever would avoid another war sometime soon.
"Hello," Sanddollar replied dryly, giving the IceWing a quick glance before moving to look through her own scroll rack beside her bed.

It was a very interesting selection of scrolls, which would possibly prove useful over time. After all, she had been sent her to learn and foster inter-tribe relations. She wasn't exactly wild about it, especially if it meant being nice to SkyWings, but it was her duty to follow her commander's orders and try to make friends, peace, or whatever would avoid another war sometime soon.
@Kingman ( I want to make sure that everyone knows who I’m talking to lol)

Sunset looks up at the Skywing *wouldn't be much of a fighter* he thinks
Then scolded himself for thinking that, this is a school for learning how to get along not fight
“ Yeah you can take the moss!” He looks at the ledge and says “ I’ll take the ledge “
He smiles at the Skywing and says “ My name is Sunset. What’s yours?”
@Kingman ( I want to make sure that everyone knows who I’m talking to lol)

Sunset looks up at the Skywing *wouldn't be much of a fighter* he thinks
Then scolded himself for thinking that, this is a school for learning how to get along not fight
“ Yeah you can take the moss!” He looks at the ledge and says “ I’ll take the ledge “
He smiles at the Skywing and says “ My name is Sunset. What’s yours?”
(Ok!)

Vali was very relived. At least he wasn’t rooming with a mean dragon.. at least, he thought. He didn’t really know what this dragon was like inside. “Um..thanks.” He said quietly and carefully set down his large bag, which was bulging with unseen items. He began producing items from its depths-mostly jewelry, but he was able to haul out rectangular cage made of carved wood. He opened a bag of soil and put it down in the little cage carefully pulling off the top.

He turned around quickly as he asked another question. “Oh! You’re the prince that was coming here. Um...I read about your family in a scroll at school. Oh, um..I’m Valiant. Vali.” He said quickly, like he was used to squeezing his sentences into gaps of conversation. “And this is Red. She’s non-venomous, don’t worry.” He said, smiling a bit and pointing to the snake that was draped about his shoulders. He set her quickly in the cage and shut the lid, after placing a little coconut with a hole in it inside.
(Ok!)

Vali was very relived. At least he wasn’t rooming with a mean dragon.. at least, he thought. He didn’t really know what this dragon was like inside. “Um..thanks.” He said quietly and carefully set down his large bag, which was bulging with unseen items. He began producing items from its depths-mostly jewelry, but he was able to haul out rectangular cage made of carved wood. He opened a bag of soil and put it down in the little cage carefully pulling off the top.

He turned around quickly as he asked another question. “Oh! You’re the prince that was coming here. Um...I read about your family in a scroll at school. Oh, um..I’m Valiant. Vali.” He said quickly, like he was used to squeezing his sentences into gaps of conversation. “And this is Red. She’s non-venomous, don’t worry.” He said, smiling a bit and pointing to the snake that was draped about his shoulders. He set her quickly in the cage and shut the lid, after placing a little coconut with a hole in it inside.

@Kingman

“Ooohhh a snake, I’ve never seen one like that! What type of breed is it?”
He looks very interested. At the same time as he talks he flicks his tail and thinks
* Interesting Valiant... he seems very shy... at least I didn’t get that Icewing as a claw mate.... *
He growls softly under his breath
@Kingman

“Ooohhh a snake, I’ve never seen one like that! What type of breed is it?”
He looks very interested. At the same time as he talks he flicks his tail and thinks
* Interesting Valiant... he seems very shy... at least I didn’t get that Icewing as a claw mate.... *
He growls softly under his breath
“Oh, um, she’s a female Red-Tailed Boa. They’re from the Rainforest.” He explained, nodding. He never really had been asked about her or any of his snakes-maybe SandWings likes them? They were an uncommon pet, to say the least. He didn’t really say much more, but noticed the slight growl, the look of anger that flashed across th prince’s face. That’s as pretty much all he needed. “Sorry! I know I talk too much. I’ll leave.’ He said softly, turning to the door.

He really wished Shield was there to protect him.
“Oh, um, she’s a female Red-Tailed Boa. They’re from the Rainforest.” He explained, nodding. He never really had been asked about her or any of his snakes-maybe SandWings likes them? They were an uncommon pet, to say the least. He didn’t really say much more, but noticed the slight growl, the look of anger that flashed across th prince’s face. That’s as pretty much all he needed. “Sorry! I know I talk too much. I’ll leave.’ He said softly, turning to the door.

He really wished Shield was there to protect him.

@Kingman
“Wait! I’m sorry I just had a thought..sorry... I...”
What he was about to say gets cought in his throat as he looks away as grief sets in all he can think about is the explosion...that took him away......
“Look I’m sorry it’s just I’m not sure I can meet any icewings , not yet anyway”
@Kingman
“Wait! I’m sorry I just had a thought..sorry... I...”
What he was about to say gets cought in his throat as he looks away as grief sets in all he can think about is the explosion...that took him away......
“Look I’m sorry it’s just I’m not sure I can meet any icewings , not yet anyway”
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11