Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
She smiled just slightly "I've had enough of tight space and water for today." she said with a twinge of sarcasm, almost hinting at the thing that happened. She followed behind Bead with relative ease, hissing at herself occasionally.

As they walked, Vogel began her explanation. She took a deep breath, then began "So, our clan gets constantly bombarded by fifty meter long emperor like monsters, the usual. But, one day, this one hundred meter long hyper emperor strolls along and destroys everything." She paused, tensing "A third of our clan died in merely hours." The bogsneak's mood had dropped in an instant, and she dreaded what she had to talk about next.

"So, I did the opposite of rational thing to do, and ran back inside to save the others. They got out, but still died, and I had the whole cliff collapse on me. 39 meters down I was, for what felt like DAYS." She stopped once more, catching her breath. "I.. I only survived because of a close friend noticing one of our help posters, and bravely diving into the rubble to save a buddy's life. Afterward, I had no time to relax, as a storm of hurricane proportions suddenly appeared. And here I am." She finally finished, sighing. Was it too much info? Would it make sense? She had no idea. She glanced at Bead, trying to read her expression.
She smiled just slightly "I've had enough of tight space and water for today." she said with a twinge of sarcasm, almost hinting at the thing that happened. She followed behind Bead with relative ease, hissing at herself occasionally.

As they walked, Vogel began her explanation. She took a deep breath, then began "So, our clan gets constantly bombarded by fifty meter long emperor like monsters, the usual. But, one day, this one hundred meter long hyper emperor strolls along and destroys everything." She paused, tensing "A third of our clan died in merely hours." The bogsneak's mood had dropped in an instant, and she dreaded what she had to talk about next.

"So, I did the opposite of rational thing to do, and ran back inside to save the others. They got out, but still died, and I had the whole cliff collapse on me. 39 meters down I was, for what felt like DAYS." She stopped once more, catching her breath. "I.. I only survived because of a close friend noticing one of our help posters, and bravely diving into the rubble to save a buddy's life. Afterward, I had no time to relax, as a storm of hurricane proportions suddenly appeared. And here I am." She finally finished, sighing. Was it too much info? Would it make sense? She had no idea. She glanced at Bead, trying to read her expression.
Groxinite woke up and heard the story and started to sit near Joel
"If our clan gets attacked by those things they'd be annoyed to death. Wait a second, I think we set up a bounty at the Scorpions headquarters and accepted it that exactly had that kind of info, so, anyone up for a bounty?." Groxinite said.
"I don't think we should just risk other dragons' lives like that Grox." Joel said.
"But they'll get 1000 treasure each."
"Groxinite, please you're just being embarrassing."
"I'm always embarrassing Joel!" Groxinite said laughing.
Groxinite woke up and heard the story and started to sit near Joel
"If our clan gets attacked by those things they'd be annoyed to death. Wait a second, I think we set up a bounty at the Scorpions headquarters and accepted it that exactly had that kind of info, so, anyone up for a bounty?." Groxinite said.
"I don't think we should just risk other dragons' lives like that Grox." Joel said.
"But they'll get 1000 treasure each."
"Groxinite, please you're just being embarrassing."
"I'm always embarrassing Joel!" Groxinite said laughing.
Hold on tighter with my lighter shining through!
Tricks
Though he was slightly disappointed at being ignored he smiled wider. Ideas came to his mind as he listened to the story. He also started to walk closer to Vogel as he listened closer.

Once the story was finished his curiosity struck. Hurricane happened but this time of year... well he wasn't from around the area so he didn't know for sure if he was right about that. He was still very interested since the wind was beginning to pick up a little and his bells rang softly in the wind.

His claws started to flex and the end of his tail twitching at the very end. He grinned excited and curious.
Tricks
Though he was slightly disappointed at being ignored he smiled wider. Ideas came to his mind as he listened to the story. He also started to walk closer to Vogel as he listened closer.

Once the story was finished his curiosity struck. Hurricane happened but this time of year... well he wasn't from around the area so he didn't know for sure if he was right about that. He was still very interested since the wind was beginning to pick up a little and his bells rang softly in the wind.

His claws started to flex and the end of his tail twitching at the very end. He grinned excited and curious.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Dumortierite was taken slightly aback by the stranger’s sudden change in tone and relaxed herself, if slightly. She remained on guard however, she wasn’t going to let herself get pulled into a trap. She quickly thought up a lie to feed the Imperial, one believable enough as long as he hadn’t gotten too good a look at her.
“Sunbeam Ruins, eh? I’m from the Zephyr Steps m’self. Although, my clan has been migrating to the sea as of late. Our ah...” she took a drooping stance of a devastated refugee. “Our original territory was run through by Talonok and Harpy. I... I lost my little brother in the attack...” she paused, letting it sink in, then snapped up. “Oh, I’m sorry, I’ve probably said too much. It’s just been a hard time for us all, you know?”
Dumortierite was taken slightly aback by the stranger’s sudden change in tone and relaxed herself, if slightly. She remained on guard however, she wasn’t going to let herself get pulled into a trap. She quickly thought up a lie to feed the Imperial, one believable enough as long as he hadn’t gotten too good a look at her.
“Sunbeam Ruins, eh? I’m from the Zephyr Steps m’self. Although, my clan has been migrating to the sea as of late. Our ah...” she took a drooping stance of a devastated refugee. “Our original territory was run through by Talonok and Harpy. I... I lost my little brother in the attack...” she paused, letting it sink in, then snapped up. “Oh, I’m sorry, I’ve probably said too much. It’s just been a hard time for us all, you know?”
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
SeaWeed
SeaWeed's ear flicked backward for a moment. He tilted his head down a bit more and slightly to the right. He didn't really know what to say. He needed to say something. His voice came out very rough as he forced out his words, "I'm sorry to hear that. May you find peace in the future times."

He felt odd and didn't really like that he was having such trouble relating to this Nocturne. Of course if it were him he would've fought to the death to protect his clan and especially family. His upper lip twitched at the thought.

He could believe that she was from the Zephyr steps as she used wind magic, however something in the back of his mind urked at him. Why not use that magic...

He was getting irritated and looked around to see that Tricks was following a very beat up Bogsneak somewhere. He turned to go and follow but he stopped. he sighed harshly before looking back at the Nocturne. He roughly said in the most gentle voice he could muster, "I am SeaWeed. What may I call you?" (Utterly failing at being gentle)
SeaWeed
SeaWeed's ear flicked backward for a moment. He tilted his head down a bit more and slightly to the right. He didn't really know what to say. He needed to say something. His voice came out very rough as he forced out his words, "I'm sorry to hear that. May you find peace in the future times."

He felt odd and didn't really like that he was having such trouble relating to this Nocturne. Of course if it were him he would've fought to the death to protect his clan and especially family. His upper lip twitched at the thought.

He could believe that she was from the Zephyr steps as she used wind magic, however something in the back of his mind urked at him. Why not use that magic...

He was getting irritated and looked around to see that Tricks was following a very beat up Bogsneak somewhere. He turned to go and follow but he stopped. he sighed harshly before looking back at the Nocturne. He roughly said in the most gentle voice he could muster, "I am SeaWeed. What may I call you?" (Utterly failing at being gentle)
"D-" she faltered. There was something off about this dragon. It was pretty obvious he didn't like her, so she didn't exactly trust him enough to even tell him her real name.
"Doly. It's Doly. Short for Lepidolite." She mentally thanked her clan's spirit guardian for his incessant ramblings on the importance of memorizing every stone in existence. She noticed the two dragons in the distance and figured the imperial had better things to do. "Well, it was nice meeting you SeaWeed. Maybe I'll see you around." It was hard for her to be courteous, but she wouldn't outright express her distaste for such an obviously rude dragon. With a flick of her tail, she dashed off towards the palm cluster.
"D-" she faltered. There was something off about this dragon. It was pretty obvious he didn't like her, so she didn't exactly trust him enough to even tell him her real name.
"Doly. It's Doly. Short for Lepidolite." She mentally thanked her clan's spirit guardian for his incessant ramblings on the importance of memorizing every stone in existence. She noticed the two dragons in the distance and figured the imperial had better things to do. "Well, it was nice meeting you SeaWeed. Maybe I'll see you around." It was hard for her to be courteous, but she wouldn't outright express her distaste for such an obviously rude dragon. With a flick of her tail, she dashed off towards the palm cluster.
SeaWeed Mention of Tricks
He made a mental note to remember her name and appearance so that he may address her if they meet again. His whiskers twitched as he stared after her for a moment. Why not at least flee with her brother if she has such powerful winds?... He hummed to himself but shook that irritating thought away.

He then strolled over to Tricks. It wasn't long before he caught up. As soon as he did Tricks told him the story of the Bogsneak who was named Vogel and introduced the Guardian named Bead. His whiskers twitched and he gave a gentle smile as he listened carefully. It was hard to understand Tricks otherwise, and he just really respected the odd Wildclaw.

He put the Nocturne and her questionable history out of mind. She wasn't important to him anyway.
SeaWeed Mention of Tricks
He made a mental note to remember her name and appearance so that he may address her if they meet again. His whiskers twitched as he stared after her for a moment. Why not at least flee with her brother if she has such powerful winds?... He hummed to himself but shook that irritating thought away.

He then strolled over to Tricks. It wasn't long before he caught up. As soon as he did Tricks told him the story of the Bogsneak who was named Vogel and introduced the Guardian named Bead. His whiskers twitched and he gave a gentle smile as he listened carefully. It was hard to understand Tricks otherwise, and he just really respected the odd Wildclaw.

He put the Nocturne and her questionable history out of mind. She wasn't important to him anyway.
As Dumortierite bounded away, she turned back for a moment to see talking to that other dragon he'd been looking at before she left. She tsked, something she did often, and grinned under her mask. What an absolute fool.
She leapt up into the air, extending her wings and catching a breeze. She did a spiral midair before lighting on a shorter tree in the palm grouping, perfectly concealed from the outside. Woven into the fronds was a long staff with a pretty green balloon at the end. To most, it would seem normal, but for magicians like her she could sense the powerfully radiating magic. She picked it up, slinging it across her back, then replaced her herb pouch and allowed her little insect friends to rebuild their cobwebs along her body. She didn't mind them doing so, they were actually quite freindly, and she had grown attached to and named every single one. Their webs and trails gave her a sort of silvery filigree appearance in flight. Plus, the webbing trapped other less important and weaker insects that she could then share with her little troupe. She smiled again, this time genuinely and with affection. Then, she slid down a branch, letting the elasticity spring her back up in the air. She took flight, and started back on her way, her adventure to infinity, exploring every inch of Sornieth, never stopping for anyone but herself, after all, she was Dumo! She couldn't be struck down by anything! Anything at a-
A sudden pain presented itself in Dumortierite's chest, sending out spreads of lightning through her entire body, into her claws, her mouth, her eyes. It quickly consumed her mind like a wildfire in a dry grassland and she dropped out of the sky without a sound.
As Dumortierite bounded away, she turned back for a moment to see talking to that other dragon he'd been looking at before she left. She tsked, something she did often, and grinned under her mask. What an absolute fool.
She leapt up into the air, extending her wings and catching a breeze. She did a spiral midair before lighting on a shorter tree in the palm grouping, perfectly concealed from the outside. Woven into the fronds was a long staff with a pretty green balloon at the end. To most, it would seem normal, but for magicians like her she could sense the powerfully radiating magic. She picked it up, slinging it across her back, then replaced her herb pouch and allowed her little insect friends to rebuild their cobwebs along her body. She didn't mind them doing so, they were actually quite freindly, and she had grown attached to and named every single one. Their webs and trails gave her a sort of silvery filigree appearance in flight. Plus, the webbing trapped other less important and weaker insects that she could then share with her little troupe. She smiled again, this time genuinely and with affection. Then, she slid down a branch, letting the elasticity spring her back up in the air. She took flight, and started back on her way, her adventure to infinity, exploring every inch of Sornieth, never stopping for anyone but herself, after all, she was Dumo! She couldn't be struck down by anything! Anything at a-
A sudden pain presented itself in Dumortierite's chest, sending out spreads of lightning through her entire body, into her claws, her mouth, her eyes. It quickly consumed her mind like a wildfire in a dry grassland and she dropped out of the sky without a sound.
Bead was quite shocked by Vogel's story. That must have been an absolutely awful experience! Bead resisted the urge to lay her wing across Vogel in a comforting way, surely she wouldn't appreciate that, given the circumstances.

"I'm so sorry Vogel." Bead said quietly. A quiet thought crossed her mind and she realized that it wasn't hurricane season. There shouldn't be any large storms like that for a while. This sent a prickle down her spine and she felt more troubled than before. Then a breeze blew through...and it smelled like a storm. Her fear was growing.

Bead was about to ask Tricks if he could smell the incoming rain but she saw a large, fairly intimidating, imperial dragon joining the group. She stumbled a little bit, momentarily forgetting everything about the storm but not her fear. Then she noticed that him and Tricks semeed to know each other.

"Um, who are you?" Bead asked, feeling very confused and slightly overwhelmed.
Bead was quite shocked by Vogel's story. That must have been an absolutely awful experience! Bead resisted the urge to lay her wing across Vogel in a comforting way, surely she wouldn't appreciate that, given the circumstances.

"I'm so sorry Vogel." Bead said quietly. A quiet thought crossed her mind and she realized that it wasn't hurricane season. There shouldn't be any large storms like that for a while. This sent a prickle down her spine and she felt more troubled than before. Then a breeze blew through...and it smelled like a storm. Her fear was growing.

Bead was about to ask Tricks if he could smell the incoming rain but she saw a large, fairly intimidating, imperial dragon joining the group. She stumbled a little bit, momentarily forgetting everything about the storm but not her fear. Then she noticed that him and Tricks semeed to know each other.

"Um, who are you?" Bead asked, feeling very confused and slightly overwhelmed.
Vogel dipped her head just slightly "We would've been... Ok. If that stupid emperor didn't exist." She was beginning to break down, everything fell down on that day. She jumped at the sudden smell, hissing "God dammit... Its coming. The storm." She made a rash decision, thinking it would allow her to help others more efficiently. She forcefully popped her wings back into place without even flinching, partially solving said problem. Flight was still not possible.

She felt lost, in all sense of the word. Nothing here was familiar, nor would anything be familiar again.
Vogel dipped her head just slightly "We would've been... Ok. If that stupid emperor didn't exist." She was beginning to break down, everything fell down on that day. She jumped at the sudden smell, hissing "God dammit... Its coming. The storm." She made a rash decision, thinking it would allow her to help others more efficiently. She forcefully popped her wings back into place without even flinching, partially solving said problem. Flight was still not possible.

She felt lost, in all sense of the word. Nothing here was familiar, nor would anything be familiar again.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19