Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An end of the world waltz
1 2 3
Ethel yawned a little as he listened.
"I promise I'm not an alien.... If I was, then maybe they'd do more than whisper in my dreams..." He shrugged, as if that were a completely normal thing to say.

"Wait, wait wait.... You've got a HORSE!" He said as if that were the most shocking thing about today. "No way.... I've never even seen one in real life.... Well, maybe at that one parade...." He leaned back, rubbing his head. Maybe it was a migrane, he had. "Dang, I just strait up stole a car.... Maybe I wouldn't be loosing it if I had a real animal to talk to...." He took a breath and looked at the bag of chips off to the side.

"The plan? My plan is to look for food and avoid infected computers and buses.... THis place seems uneffected, so I might hang around..." He shook his head. "And who says I can't live off chips? You got a better plan? I haven't seen not rotted produce in weeks... And the last stuff I ate made me sick..."
Ethel yawned a little as he listened.
"I promise I'm not an alien.... If I was, then maybe they'd do more than whisper in my dreams..." He shrugged, as if that were a completely normal thing to say.

"Wait, wait wait.... You've got a HORSE!" He said as if that were the most shocking thing about today. "No way.... I've never even seen one in real life.... Well, maybe at that one parade...." He leaned back, rubbing his head. Maybe it was a migrane, he had. "Dang, I just strait up stole a car.... Maybe I wouldn't be loosing it if I had a real animal to talk to...." He took a breath and looked at the bag of chips off to the side.

"The plan? My plan is to look for food and avoid infected computers and buses.... THis place seems uneffected, so I might hang around..." He shook his head. "And who says I can't live off chips? You got a better plan? I haven't seen not rotted produce in weeks... And the last stuff I ate made me sick..."
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
“Promises don’t mean much.” Ozin noted, shrugging. “How do I know ya ain’t gonna put yer eggs in me?” He joked, snorting and aiming the shotgun half heartedly in Ethel’s direction, though it still wasn’t loaded, and he wasn’t even looking at Ethel to aim anymore, he was looking st the empty chocolate wrapper, like he was going to kick it.

“Course I have a horse!” He exclaimed, looking, almost annoyed, at Ethel. “I said my family raised them, course I would take my favorite. Freed the rest, of course.” He said, looking Ethel up and down. “This point, they’re prolly somewhere in the mountains, but if you like you can find one. Not like there’s no stables ‘round here, or some starvin’ cats.” He said, shrugging. Ozin hadn’t really brought his horse for companionship, really, more as a utility. But he understood that some people used animals like that. Maybe.

“Infected?” He asked, tilting his head at Ethel. “That’s what made everyone go..” he made a ‘poof’ gesture with his hands, frowning. Blowing up computers or buses would be fun if they needed to destroy them. “Yeah, mate. My plan is make my way to somewhere with some seeds, then farm them or somethin’. Till then, beans and chips work.” He said, cracking a smile again. “You’re free to join me.” He added, shrugging and making his way to behind the counter of the store, hopping over it and pulling on the cash register.
“Promises don’t mean much.” Ozin noted, shrugging. “How do I know ya ain’t gonna put yer eggs in me?” He joked, snorting and aiming the shotgun half heartedly in Ethel’s direction, though it still wasn’t loaded, and he wasn’t even looking at Ethel to aim anymore, he was looking st the empty chocolate wrapper, like he was going to kick it.

“Course I have a horse!” He exclaimed, looking, almost annoyed, at Ethel. “I said my family raised them, course I would take my favorite. Freed the rest, of course.” He said, looking Ethel up and down. “This point, they’re prolly somewhere in the mountains, but if you like you can find one. Not like there’s no stables ‘round here, or some starvin’ cats.” He said, shrugging. Ozin hadn’t really brought his horse for companionship, really, more as a utility. But he understood that some people used animals like that. Maybe.

“Infected?” He asked, tilting his head at Ethel. “That’s what made everyone go..” he made a ‘poof’ gesture with his hands, frowning. Blowing up computers or buses would be fun if they needed to destroy them. “Yeah, mate. My plan is make my way to somewhere with some seeds, then farm them or somethin’. Till then, beans and chips work.” He said, cracking a smile again. “You’re free to join me.” He added, shrugging and making his way to behind the counter of the store, hopping over it and pulling on the cash register.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
"Heh... I'd love to keep something as a Pet...." Ethel chuckled as Ozin suggested he could find a horse. "But I'm hardly able to keep my self alive at this point." He glanced as the chocolate wrapper on the floor and sighed, really hing over for another bag of dehydrated meats.

I don't think the infection is what made everyone disapeared... Though maybe it's a byproduct? Or maybe it is... I don't know .. I don't know ow if this is still earth, or just someone slapped down our topography..." He growled, rubbing a hand through his head in frustration. It was rather clear he wasn't great at explaining himself. Rather, he shoved a handful of jerky in his mouth, before looking up.

"Ih... Yea, I could join you... Although, I don't know much about growing stuff... I tried to keep a fern and it died in a week... Mom said I over watered it... My specialty was with computers coding,.." he sunk down, tossing away the now empty bag, before.flopping onto his side.
"Right now, though... I'm just tired... I need to remember to grab a map the next time I steal a car.
"We're are you sleeping? To night, I mean..."
"Heh... I'd love to keep something as a Pet...." Ethel chuckled as Ozin suggested he could find a horse. "But I'm hardly able to keep my self alive at this point." He glanced as the chocolate wrapper on the floor and sighed, really hing over for another bag of dehydrated meats.

I don't think the infection is what made everyone disapeared... Though maybe it's a byproduct? Or maybe it is... I don't know .. I don't know ow if this is still earth, or just someone slapped down our topography..." He growled, rubbing a hand through his head in frustration. It was rather clear he wasn't great at explaining himself. Rather, he shoved a handful of jerky in his mouth, before looking up.

"Ih... Yea, I could join you... Although, I don't know much about growing stuff... I tried to keep a fern and it died in a week... Mom said I over watered it... My specialty was with computers coding,.." he sunk down, tossing away the now empty bag, before.flopping onto his side.
"Right now, though... I'm just tired... I need to remember to grab a map the next time I steal a car.
"We're are you sleeping? To night, I mean..."
“Hosses eat grass, don’t think there’s much comp’tition there.” Ozin snorted, the register popping open with a ‘ding!’ He smiled a bit, digging out the money in bills in the register and greedily stuffingit in his pockets, not looking back at Ethel as he emptied the thing.

He shrugged as he turned around, hands clutched around two large stacks of paper bills, walking back towards Ethel. “No clue, mate. Honestly, I have no idea what you jus’ said.” He noted, setting the money in a crumpled pile onto a shelf, grabbing a sealed bag that contained a mix of nuts, raisins, and small colorful candies. He took a massive handful, tilting his head back and dumping it into his mouth, chewing with his mouth open, talking as he did so.

“Not that hard to learn, really. Plus, they inna greenhouse it should be easier.” He said, shrugging a bit and leaning on the shelf. “Techie, eh? My brother wa’ really good tat tha’. Maybe y’all could get the ‘tricity back.” he said, finishing his handful and looking contemplative. “Dunno. Normally I just sleep in one of the houses ‘round here, if I can. Normally, they’re real comfy.” He said, nodding. Much more comfortable than the bunk bed he shared at home.

With that, he grabbed the cash again, setting the bag of mix back on the shelf, and gestured for Ethel to follow him through the broken door, horse flicking her head up as he came back, stuffing the rather good fire starter in the bags.
“Hosses eat grass, don’t think there’s much comp’tition there.” Ozin snorted, the register popping open with a ‘ding!’ He smiled a bit, digging out the money in bills in the register and greedily stuffingit in his pockets, not looking back at Ethel as he emptied the thing.

He shrugged as he turned around, hands clutched around two large stacks of paper bills, walking back towards Ethel. “No clue, mate. Honestly, I have no idea what you jus’ said.” He noted, setting the money in a crumpled pile onto a shelf, grabbing a sealed bag that contained a mix of nuts, raisins, and small colorful candies. He took a massive handful, tilting his head back and dumping it into his mouth, chewing with his mouth open, talking as he did so.

“Not that hard to learn, really. Plus, they inna greenhouse it should be easier.” He said, shrugging a bit and leaning on the shelf. “Techie, eh? My brother wa’ really good tat tha’. Maybe y’all could get the ‘tricity back.” he said, finishing his handful and looking contemplative. “Dunno. Normally I just sleep in one of the houses ‘round here, if I can. Normally, they’re real comfy.” He said, nodding. Much more comfortable than the bunk bed he shared at home.

With that, he grabbed the cash again, setting the bag of mix back on the shelf, and gestured for Ethel to follow him through the broken door, horse flicking her head up as he came back, stuffing the rather good fire starter in the bags.

Ethel couldn't help but wonder what Ozin was grabbing money with, but then again, he didn't care. Money didn't have any matter to him, but then again, that didn't mean it couldn't be used for other things.
Or maybe make a come back.

What ever.

"You know there's a huge difference between an electrical facility and computer coding, right?" He said, tilting his head.
If he knew how to keep the lights on, he wouldn't have done it by now.

Either way, he followed after Ozin, widening his eyes when he saw the horse.

"Wow... You weren't kidding about the horse..." He said walking over, although he didn't seem too keep on getting close. To him, this was a massive animal made of pure muscle. As far as he knew, it could take him down in an instant

"So you take to houses? Isn't it creepy to sleep in other people's beds, though? I mean, even if they might be dead, it still seems weird.."
Ethel couldn't help but wonder what Ozin was grabbing money with, but then again, he didn't care. Money didn't have any matter to him, but then again, that didn't mean it couldn't be used for other things.
Or maybe make a come back.

What ever.

"You know there's a huge difference between an electrical facility and computer coding, right?" He said, tilting his head.
If he knew how to keep the lights on, he wouldn't have done it by now.

Either way, he followed after Ozin, widening his eyes when he saw the horse.

"Wow... You weren't kidding about the horse..." He said walking over, although he didn't seem too keep on getting close. To him, this was a massive animal made of pure muscle. As far as he knew, it could take him down in an instant

"So you take to houses? Isn't it creepy to sleep in other people's beds, though? I mean, even if they might be dead, it still seems weird.."
Ozin looked almost annoyed with himself, creasing his face onto an odd expression.
“No.” He huffed, finishing stuffing away the money into the bags, ripping a couple bills. “Honestly, no ‘dea, okay? That’s why you’re here.” He said, looking a bit upset even. Ozin felt very stupid next to Ethel, who obviously was very smart with computers.

He smiled again as he looked at the cat, slapping her gently on the muscled shoulder, making the mare nicker. Ozin had named the horse-not that he told anyone that. It wasn’t exactly the coolest name or anything, and he got a bit huffy when people asked, and said she didn’t have one.

“Nope, part’nr. She’s all real.” He chuckled, his momentary lapse of emotional outburst gone and covered.

“Nah. They’re comfy, and besides, no one’s there ‘cept maybe the mutt.” He said, shrugging and throwing himself onto the horse, though it was quite gentle in reality. “Hop up. Girl can take it.” He said, offering a hand to Ethel on the ground and moving back on the seat.
Ozin looked almost annoyed with himself, creasing his face onto an odd expression.
“No.” He huffed, finishing stuffing away the money into the bags, ripping a couple bills. “Honestly, no ‘dea, okay? That’s why you’re here.” He said, looking a bit upset even. Ozin felt very stupid next to Ethel, who obviously was very smart with computers.

He smiled again as he looked at the cat, slapping her gently on the muscled shoulder, making the mare nicker. Ozin had named the horse-not that he told anyone that. It wasn’t exactly the coolest name or anything, and he got a bit huffy when people asked, and said she didn’t have one.

“Nope, part’nr. She’s all real.” He chuckled, his momentary lapse of emotional outburst gone and covered.

“Nah. They’re comfy, and besides, no one’s there ‘cept maybe the mutt.” He said, shrugging and throwing himself onto the horse, though it was quite gentle in reality. “Hop up. Girl can take it.” He said, offering a hand to Ethel on the ground and moving back on the seat.

"Don't call them mutts... All dogs are good boys..." Ethel huffed, finally seeming to work up the courage to walk up to the horse.
He had never been on one. But, then again, getting on didn't seem too hard, considering he was on the tall side.

"Welp..." He sighed.
With a bit of a bounce he hopped up, throwing his leg over the saddle.
"Oh... Yea, I need to show you something later... " He hummed, feeling his pocket. A small companion that would probably shock his new aquantence if he hadn't seen any I fected areas.
"Don't call them mutts... All dogs are good boys..." Ethel huffed, finally seeming to work up the courage to walk up to the horse.
He had never been on one. But, then again, getting on didn't seem too hard, considering he was on the tall side.

"Welp..." He sighed.
With a bit of a bounce he hopped up, throwing his leg over the saddle.
"Oh... Yea, I need to show you something later... " He hummed, feeling his pocket. A small companion that would probably shock his new aquantence if he hadn't seen any I fected areas.
“Not when they git rabid.” Ozin huffed, chuckling a bit, and nodded, then realized Ethel probably couldn’t see his face. “Alrighty then.” He said, clicking his tongue and gently jabbing his heels into the horse, getting her going at a brisk walking pace as to not accidentally cause Ethel to fall off or something.

He pulled on the remains gently, getting the palimino mare to walk down the sidewalk, traversing the city at a quick pace. “No clue where the closest seed store is.” He mumbled, looking around as a couple stray cats peeked from the shadows of a dark alleyway.
“Not when they git rabid.” Ozin huffed, chuckling a bit, and nodded, then realized Ethel probably couldn’t see his face. “Alrighty then.” He said, clicking his tongue and gently jabbing his heels into the horse, getting her going at a brisk walking pace as to not accidentally cause Ethel to fall off or something.

He pulled on the remains gently, getting the palimino mare to walk down the sidewalk, traversing the city at a quick pace. “No clue where the closest seed store is.” He mumbled, looking around as a couple stray cats peeked from the shadows of a dark alleyway.

"You're very focused on finding this faming stuff" Ethel said, trying to old onto his seat.
"I mean... You seem very high-strung. Relax doesn't seem like there's much here to pop out at you...

He looked down the road, noticing a broken stump where a light post would have been. He raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"Or not. I guess I could be wrong.. OH! What's the horse's name? It's weird to just call it horse "
"You're very focused on finding this faming stuff" Ethel said, trying to old onto his seat.
"I mean... You seem very high-strung. Relax doesn't seem like there's much here to pop out at you...

He looked down the road, noticing a broken stump where a light post would have been. He raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"Or not. I guess I could be wrong.. OH! What's the horse's name? It's weird to just call it horse "
“Well yeah, chap. I’m pretty sure you want food.” He said, chuckling at Ethel a bit and biting back a grin.
“There’s a horn on the saddle, friend. You can hold on it.” He said, gesturing to it and shrugging.
“Everything is a possibility.” He said simply, not relaxing at all.

“Eh..fine.” Ozin said reluctantly, frowning a tiny bit, looking the slightest bit uncomfortable. But he supposed it wasn’t like this guy was going to tell anyone.
“‘Er name is Sunshine. Stupid, I know, but she’s yeller, so.” He shrugged again. It seemed he was adept at shrugging.
“Well yeah, chap. I’m pretty sure you want food.” He said, chuckling at Ethel a bit and biting back a grin.
“There’s a horn on the saddle, friend. You can hold on it.” He said, gesturing to it and shrugging.
“Everything is a possibility.” He said simply, not relaxing at all.

“Eh..fine.” Ozin said reluctantly, frowning a tiny bit, looking the slightest bit uncomfortable. But he supposed it wasn’t like this guy was going to tell anyone.
“‘Er name is Sunshine. Stupid, I know, but she’s yeller, so.” He shrugged again. It seemed he was adept at shrugging.

1 2 3