Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ~ Insanity ~ Reboot ~ Sign-Ups Open ~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
~ INSANTIY ~

First of all, I apologise to everyone who signed up for the original RP that never got off the ground. This WILL. So, enjoy.

You have gotten a letter in the mail, inviting you to come work at Eastlyn, the local 'Center For The Mentally Ill' but everyone in the town calls it jokingly the Madhouse. They have several youth there and believe having you visit with them after school each day has significant chances of improving their mental status. You'd take a bus from school at 2:00, being exempt from your last period, which was study hall anyway, and stay until 4:30. You stopped by the school office the next day, turning in your signed form to help with the youth at Eastlyn.

~<O>~

As a patient of Eastlyn Center For The Mentally Ill, you were let know that teenagers from the local high school would start coming down after their school hours to visit with you. You were asked to 'try' to show them the highest respect possible, and, you know, not try to eat their fingers off or anything.

~<O>~

Visitors
((One Spot Open))
- Elizabeth Madden - Female - Typhix -
- Adelaide Warner - Female - Gramarye -
- Kyrin Amori - Male -RaynixAura -
- Neavah Luke - Female - 1moon1spirit -
-
Contained Teenagers
((One Spot Open))
- Harriet Jensen - Female - Typhix -
- Lydian Deruis Merullo - Male - WeaverofLies -
- Kyle Woods - Male - InfernalShepherd -
- James William Drake - Male- SystemGoingDown -
-
~<O>~

Rules
- Use good grammar. This means correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
- Have fun, and let others have fun too. Be nice
- All genders and sexualities are allowed. If I find you peing rude to someone, in the RP or outside of it, you will instantly be kicked.
- No powerplaying or OP/Mary Sure characters
- Put your favorite kind of chocolate in 'other' to prove you read the rules
- Do not control other people's characters
- Keep your character's 'insanity' fairly believable
- Have 5+ sentences for personality and, if applicable, backstory
- Pictures are preferred but not required for appearance
~<O>~

Character Form
((Things in Italics are just for Visitors, things in Bold are just for Contained Teens. Patient numbers are assigned by what wing they live in (A-D) and a number assigned to them (1-50). For example, my character Harriet is A5. No, she isn't going to die if any of you get the reference. Relations include friends, enemies, and romantic interest))

Name
Sexuality
Patient Number
Appearance
Personality
Backstory
Partner
In What Way Are You 'Insane'
Reason For Slight Insanity
Why Do You With To Work At Eastlyn
Relations
Other

~<O>~

The so I can notify everyone, even the ones that are not subbed
((Sorry if you get a ping for this, I just want to be able to copy-paste.
@Gramarye @SystemGoingDown @RaynixAura @1moon1spirit @meely @WeaverofLies @InfernalShepard @Typhix
~ INSANTIY ~

First of all, I apologise to everyone who signed up for the original RP that never got off the ground. This WILL. So, enjoy.

You have gotten a letter in the mail, inviting you to come work at Eastlyn, the local 'Center For The Mentally Ill' but everyone in the town calls it jokingly the Madhouse. They have several youth there and believe having you visit with them after school each day has significant chances of improving their mental status. You'd take a bus from school at 2:00, being exempt from your last period, which was study hall anyway, and stay until 4:30. You stopped by the school office the next day, turning in your signed form to help with the youth at Eastlyn.

~<O>~

As a patient of Eastlyn Center For The Mentally Ill, you were let know that teenagers from the local high school would start coming down after their school hours to visit with you. You were asked to 'try' to show them the highest respect possible, and, you know, not try to eat their fingers off or anything.

~<O>~

Visitors
((One Spot Open))
- Elizabeth Madden - Female - Typhix -
- Adelaide Warner - Female - Gramarye -
- Kyrin Amori - Male -RaynixAura -
- Neavah Luke - Female - 1moon1spirit -
-
Contained Teenagers
((One Spot Open))
- Harriet Jensen - Female - Typhix -
- Lydian Deruis Merullo - Male - WeaverofLies -
- Kyle Woods - Male - InfernalShepherd -
- James William Drake - Male- SystemGoingDown -
-
~<O>~

Rules
- Use good grammar. This means correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
- Have fun, and let others have fun too. Be nice
- All genders and sexualities are allowed. If I find you peing rude to someone, in the RP or outside of it, you will instantly be kicked.
- No powerplaying or OP/Mary Sure characters
- Put your favorite kind of chocolate in 'other' to prove you read the rules
- Do not control other people's characters
- Keep your character's 'insanity' fairly believable
- Have 5+ sentences for personality and, if applicable, backstory
- Pictures are preferred but not required for appearance
~<O>~

Character Form
((Things in Italics are just for Visitors, things in Bold are just for Contained Teens. Patient numbers are assigned by what wing they live in (A-D) and a number assigned to them (1-50). For example, my character Harriet is A5. No, she isn't going to die if any of you get the reference. Relations include friends, enemies, and romantic interest))

Name
Sexuality
Patient Number
Appearance
Personality
Backstory
Partner
Why Do You With To Work At Eastlyn
Relations
Other

~<O>~

The so I can notify everyone, even the ones that are not subbed
((Sorry if you get a ping for this, I just want to be able to copy-paste.
@Gramarye @SystemGoingDown @RaynixAura @1moon1spirit @meely @WeaverofLies @InfernalShepard @Typhix
[center][i]My Character[/i] [b]Name[/b] Harriet Theresa Jensen [b]Age[/b] 15 [b]Gender[/b] Female [b]Sexuality[/b] Bisexual [b]Patient Number[/b] A5 [b]Appearance[/b] [img]https://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/3c066d2f-554f-4c8d-8952-8eec92533303/949b20bf-cc9a-447b-897a-dc8ad6899f6b.jpg[/img] ((Please don't judge the pic... or her name, okay?)) [b]Personality[/b] Harriet is quiet and antisocial, with [i]zero[/i] social skills. She is usually painfully blunt and often seems rude, but she doesn't mean to offent anyone, she's just bad with people. She'll tend to just sit there and listen to you talk, occasionally saying a few words, but not really communicating. However, sometimes small things will set her off and she can't control herself - she'll scream, throw things, and possibly attack her. Harriet says it's 'not her' who does those things, referring to her sudden explosions of anger as something seperate from herself. Occasionally, Harriet will speak in the third person, or to the voices in her head, weirding people out that haven't seen her before. She sometimes has hallucinations, and claims to see ghosts and spirits, though no one knows if it's true. She likes reading and listening to music. [b]Assigned Partner[/b] Adelaide Warner | Gramarye [b]In What Way Are You 'Insane'[/b] Explained in her personality [b]Reason For Slight Insanity[/b] She doesn't know. Her memories strech to just before her fourteenth birthday, when she woke up in a hospital. They told her she had attempted suicide, but no one, not even her, knew why. After it was clear she wouldn't recover normally, she was sent off to Eastlyn. [b]Relations[/b] Friends | Open Enemies | Open Crush | Open [b]Other[/b] Dark chocolate [b]_______________________________________________[/b] [b]Name[/b] Elizabeth Sonya Temist [b]Age[/b] 15 [b]Gender[/b] Female [b]Sexuality[/b] Bisexual [b]Appearance[/b] Searching [b]Personality[/b] Lizzy is calm, patient, and softspoken, but that's not to say she's shy. In school, she's a straight-A student, except for a B in PE, but according to her, 'PE doesn't really count for anything'. [b]Backstory[/b] [b]Why Do You Want To Work At Eastlyn[/b] Liz had a brother who was two years older than her named Isaac. They were very close, unlike most older brother/younger sister siblings. He was rather overprotective of Liz, but that wasn't always a bad thing, with them growing up in a slightly shifty part of town. However, when he was 17 he was diagnosed with a disease that slowly destroyed his mind, sending him into 'insanity'. After he first started showing signs of it - at first basic symptoms like nausea, dizziness, and irrational anger - he ended up having less than a month to live. By the time he was nearly 'Gone' it was too late to get any treatment, and by that point it was incurable anyway. He fell into a coma. Eventually, Lizzy's parents decided to have him taken off life support, because even if he wore up, he'd never be himself, just a violent shell controlled by the disease. He died within days after that. Lizzy was heartbroken. She'd never given up hope that Isaac could be cured, and he'd be her beloved big brother again. Remembering how insane, how violent and angry, how unlike himself he'd become, Liz decided to work at Eastlyn and to help the people there - many around her brother's age - not spiral into madness the way he did. [b]Assigned Partner[/b] Unknown [b]Relations[/b] Friends | Open Enemies | Open Crush | Open [b]Other[/b] Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles [i]Bonus points to whoever gets the references with Lizzy and Hariet![/i]
My Character

Name
Harriet Theresa Jensen

Sexuality
Bisexual

Patient Number
A5

Appearance
949b20bf-cc9a-447b-897a-dc8ad6899f6b.jpg
((Please don't judge the pic... or her name, okay?))

Personality
Harriet is quiet and antisocial, with zero social skills. She is usually painfully blunt and often seems rude, but she doesn't mean to offent anyone, she's just bad with people. She'll tend to just sit there and listen to you talk, occasionally saying a few words, but not really communicating. However, sometimes small things will set her off and she can't control herself - she'll scream, throw things, and possibly attack her. Harriet says it's 'not her' who does those things, referring to her sudden explosions of anger as something seperate from herself. Occasionally, Harriet will speak in the third person, or to the voices in her head, weirding people out that haven't seen her before. She sometimes has hallucinations, and claims to see ghosts and spirits, though no one knows if it's true. She likes reading and listening to music.

Assigned Partner
Adelaide Warner | Gramarye

Explained in her personality

She doesn't know. Her memories strech to just before her fourteenth birthday, when she woke up in a hospital. They told her she had attempted suicide, but no one, not even her, knew why. After it was clear she wouldn't recover normally, she was sent off to Eastlyn.

Relations
Friends | Open
Enemies | Open
Crush | Open

Other
Dark chocolate

Name
Elizabeth Sonya Temist

Sexuality
Bisexual

Appearance
Searching

Personality
Lizzy is calm, patient, and softspoken, but that's not to say she's shy. In school, she's a straight-A student, except for a B in PE, but according to her, 'PE doesn't really count for anything'.

Backstory

Why Do You Want To Work At Eastlyn
Liz had a brother who was two years older than her named Isaac. They were very close, unlike most older brother/younger sister siblings. He was rather overprotective of Liz, but that wasn't always a bad thing, with them growing up in a slightly shifty part of town. However, when he was 17 he was diagnosed with a disease that slowly destroyed his mind, sending him into 'insanity'. After he first started showing signs of it - at first basic symptoms like nausea, dizziness, and irrational anger - he ended up having less than a month to live. By the time he was nearly 'Gone' it was too late to get any treatment, and by that point it was incurable anyway. He fell into a coma. Eventually, Lizzy's parents decided to have him taken off life support, because even if he wore up, he'd never be himself, just a violent shell controlled by the disease. He died within days after that. Lizzy was heartbroken. She'd never given up hope that Isaac could be cured, and he'd be her beloved big brother again. Remembering how insane, how violent and angry, how unlike himself he'd become, Liz decided to work at Eastlyn and to help the people there - many around her brother's age - not spiral into madness the way he did.
Assigned Partner
Unknown

Relations
Friends | Open
Enemies | Open
Crush | Open

Other
Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles
Bonus points to whoever gets the references with Lizzy and Hariet!
INSANE
Name: Devon Fairbranch
Sexuality: Straight
Patient Number: B-1

Appearance: Devon isn't tall, but he isn't really short either. Standing at 5 foot 5, he's an average weight. It's clear he's not the sort of guy who would run around and play sport if given the option. His hair is light brown, and it grows to the top of his neck. His fringe doesn't fall long enough to cover his eyes, which are hazel (more brown than green, though). He wears plain clothes; dark trousers, white shirts, black trainers.

Personality: Devon isn't the sort of person who likes change. He'd rather have a routine that he can stick to all the time then have a life of excitement because he's a huge control freak in every aspect, from the cleanliness of his room to the number of socks he owns. Recklessness is something better avoided; he would choose to 'waste time' making a structured plan. His insistence to maintaining a sense of normality can come across as strange, especially considering the recent situation. He can be cold if anyone asks him about it, though. It is clear anything asked is going to hit a nerve. Devon is a stereotypical nerd and a stickler for the rules, even if he doesn't agree with them. He's not the kind of person who protests often, more follower than leader. Still, Devon's surprisingly good when placed in a situation where there's no time for a plan (though you can expect him to complain about it non stop.) He knows who to listen to. He finds himself to not be as bad as he thought socially, mostly because he has the sort of atmosphere that shows whoever he's talking to that he's actually listening. He can, and will, dedicate a lot of time to helping someone, even if he doesn't know them well. He was taught to have manners, after all, and he classes kindness with this. Still, there's no denying he enjoys solitude, and he'll try his best to avoid people.

In What Way Are You Insane: Essentially his obsession with control makes it difficult to have a healthy interpersonal relationship.

Reason For Slight Insanity: He was born this way.

Likes: cleanliness, routine, Disney movies (though he'll never admit it), writing letters that he'll never send, being inside
Dislikes: the outdoors, dirt, change, new people (especially new staff), people leaving, breaking the rules

Relations: Not sure yet.

Assigned Volunteer:

Other: Mint chocolate :)
It's backkkkkk yayyyyyyyy I was so gutted when this died.
INSANE
Name: Devon Fairbranch
Sexuality: Straight
Patient Number: B-1

Appearance: Devon isn't tall, but he isn't really short either. Standing at 5 foot 5, he's an average weight. It's clear he's not the sort of guy who would run around and play sport if given the option. His hair is light brown, and it grows to the top of his neck. His fringe doesn't fall long enough to cover his eyes, which are hazel (more brown than green, though). He wears plain clothes; dark trousers, white shirts, black trainers.

Personality: Devon isn't the sort of person who likes change. He'd rather have a routine that he can stick to all the time then have a life of excitement because he's a huge control freak in every aspect, from the cleanliness of his room to the number of socks he owns. Recklessness is something better avoided; he would choose to 'waste time' making a structured plan. His insistence to maintaining a sense of normality can come across as strange, especially considering the recent situation. He can be cold if anyone asks him about it, though. It is clear anything asked is going to hit a nerve. Devon is a stereotypical nerd and a stickler for the rules, even if he doesn't agree with them. He's not the kind of person who protests often, more follower than leader. Still, Devon's surprisingly good when placed in a situation where there's no time for a plan (though you can expect him to complain about it non stop.) He knows who to listen to. He finds himself to not be as bad as he thought socially, mostly because he has the sort of atmosphere that shows whoever he's talking to that he's actually listening. He can, and will, dedicate a lot of time to helping someone, even if he doesn't know them well. He was taught to have manners, after all, and he classes kindness with this. Still, there's no denying he enjoys solitude, and he'll try his best to avoid people.

In What Way Are You Insane: Essentially his obsession with control makes it difficult to have a healthy interpersonal relationship.

Reason For Slight Insanity: He was born this way.

Likes: cleanliness, routine, Disney movies (though he'll never admit it), writing letters that he'll never send, being inside
Dislikes: the outdoors, dirt, change, new people (especially new staff), people leaving, breaking the rules

Relations: Not sure yet.

Assigned Volunteer:

Other: Mint chocolate :)
It's backkkkkk yayyyyyyyy I was so gutted when this died.
It was my fault, I kinda abandoned FR for a while. I promise I won't drop it this time, though! Accepted.
It was my fault, I kinda abandoned FR for a while. I promise I won't drop it this time, though! Accepted.
~ Bump
~ Bump
Hey, I'd like to join this! Quick question though, what are the age limits of the characters? I don't think I saw that anywhere ;;
Hey, I'd like to join this! Quick question though, what are the age limits of the characters? I don't think I saw that anywhere ;;
iqQFC.gifAZOFNjv.pnguvdsx.gif
uvdsx.gif
Going to add W.I.P character here.

Name: Featherien Arvamaro Dragonspire

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Patient Number: C-50

Appearance: Featherien’s willowy sylphlike frame gives her shy appearance, and 5’5 she stands slightly taller than the average height for girls her age, her weight falls into the underweight category as sometimes she may refuse eat. As a result she looks delicate, perhaps even petite. Her light beige complexion dose nothing to help this fact, and her grey eyes seem almost always ridden with fear these facts all seem to support the fact of her being shy and delicate. Her hair is of a platinum blond hue, and reaches it’s way down to her lower back. Bangs cover her left eye. she wears a single braid in her hair on the left side of her face.

Personality:

Backstory:

Partner: N/A

In What Way Are You 'Insane':

Reason For Slight Insanity:

Relations:

Other: M&M
Going to add W.I.P character here.

Name: Featherien Arvamaro Dragonspire

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Patient Number: C-50

Appearance: Featherien’s willowy sylphlike frame gives her shy appearance, and 5’5 she stands slightly taller than the average height for girls her age, her weight falls into the underweight category as sometimes she may refuse eat. As a result she looks delicate, perhaps even petite. Her light beige complexion dose nothing to help this fact, and her grey eyes seem almost always ridden with fear these facts all seem to support the fact of her being shy and delicate. Her hair is of a platinum blond hue, and reaches it’s way down to her lower back. Bangs cover her left eye. she wears a single braid in her hair on the left side of her face.

Personality:

Backstory:

Partner: N/A

In What Way Are You 'Insane':

Reason For Slight Insanity:

Relations:

Other: M&M
@WolvesFyre

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, but 7 to 18? The visitors are teens, so the patients would be the same age or younger.
@WolvesFyre

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, but 7 to 18? The visitors are teens, so the patients would be the same age or younger.
@ArcaneDreams1732

Yep, Dissociative Identity Disorder is fine. My character Harriet actually has a minor case of it as well.
@ArcaneDreams1732

Yep, Dissociative Identity Disorder is fine. My character Harriet actually has a minor case of it as well.
Bump
Bump
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15