Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Villains among heroes
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
Owen looked over all the papers as he took a seat in an empty chair.
That was... A lot. He'd forgotten just how stiff the legal rout was when it came to this kinda stuff. Maybe the vigilanties had the right idea.
The whole area on registering his powers was concerning as well. But. He could be vauge on that. Just listing "monster transformation" and "wall climbing" and that sort of thing.
He doubted anyone would actually look at this stuff, less likely connect the dots, right?

"This sure is a lot.." he sighed as he filled out the form.
"A hero name, huh?" He chuckled. That was so stupid.... As a villain he was known as Murkline, but... That wasn't really an option here.
He wrote "Mebrus" in that slot. He never could get behind the traditional standards for hero names.
The of course, the costume where it asked for specifics, he didn't write much, aside from 'dark colors' and 'mask'. H wasn't picky. He could have been running around in jeans and a shirt for all he cared.

"Here ya go.." he said, finally done as he pushed forward the forms, sighed "Owen Smith" on the bottom.
Owen looked over all the papers as he took a seat in an empty chair.
That was... A lot. He'd forgotten just how stiff the legal rout was when it came to this kinda stuff. Maybe the vigilanties had the right idea.
The whole area on registering his powers was concerning as well. But. He could be vauge on that. Just listing "monster transformation" and "wall climbing" and that sort of thing.
He doubted anyone would actually look at this stuff, less likely connect the dots, right?

"This sure is a lot.." he sighed as he filled out the form.
"A hero name, huh?" He chuckled. That was so stupid.... As a villain he was known as Murkline, but... That wasn't really an option here.
He wrote "Mebrus" in that slot. He never could get behind the traditional standards for hero names.
The of course, the costume where it asked for specifics, he didn't write much, aside from 'dark colors' and 'mask'. H wasn't picky. He could have been running around in jeans and a shirt for all he cared.

"Here ya go.." he said, finally done as he pushed forward the forms, sighed "Owen Smith" on the bottom.
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
"Heh, yeah. Paperwork is never fun but always present in the hero world. You should see the stack I have to file after high property damage fights." Holly laughed and scratched the back of her head. "And technically the hero name doesn't have to be permanent until you get a full license so don't worry too much."

She started flipping through other papers on her desk as she waited, making sure not to hover as he filled things out. It wouldn't do to make the man nervous, though he didn't seem the type to fluster easily. When he finished, she perked up and took the papers. "Fantastic. 'Mebrus' huh? Yeah, it does sound like you in a way. Oh! My hero name is Ursa by the way, though... I'm sure that would be obvious by now... that was a bit silly to say, huh?" She shook her head before walking over to a scanner beside her desk and starting on the papers.

"Any questions about the agency?"
"Heh, yeah. Paperwork is never fun but always present in the hero world. You should see the stack I have to file after high property damage fights." Holly laughed and scratched the back of her head. "And technically the hero name doesn't have to be permanent until you get a full license so don't worry too much."

She started flipping through other papers on her desk as she waited, making sure not to hover as he filled things out. It wouldn't do to make the man nervous, though he didn't seem the type to fluster easily. When he finished, she perked up and took the papers. "Fantastic. 'Mebrus' huh? Yeah, it does sound like you in a way. Oh! My hero name is Ursa by the way, though... I'm sure that would be obvious by now... that was a bit silly to say, huh?" She shook her head before walking over to a scanner beside her desk and starting on the papers.

"Any questions about the agency?"
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
"Hmm... Not really..." He stood up and stretched, before following her over to watch the scanner.
"Well.. maybe... Exactly how often do you deal with bigger hero's? I mean, like the bigshit who go off and fight super villains..."
The question probably sounded stupid, he figured, but he was just being cautious
"Hmm... Not really..." He stood up and stretched, before following her over to watch the scanner.
"Well.. maybe... Exactly how often do you deal with bigger hero's? I mean, like the bigshit who go off and fight super villains..."
The question probably sounded stupid, he figured, but he was just being cautious
"Only if there happens to be someone extra dangerous in the area. Even if that happens, you wouldn't be put on call though. Not until you have a lot more experience. So in short, no." Holly filed another paper into the scanner, close to finishing.

"This part of the city is pretty far from any other agencies. That's why mine was set up: to stop all the small time crime that likes to run rampant when there isn't enough law enforcement. "
"Only if there happens to be someone extra dangerous in the area. Even if that happens, you wouldn't be put on call though. Not until you have a lot more experience. So in short, no." Holly filed another paper into the scanner, close to finishing.

"This part of the city is pretty far from any other agencies. That's why mine was set up: to stop all the small time crime that likes to run rampant when there isn't enough law enforcement. "
More Active on Weekends
"So you like the second day police..." He chuckled a little, glancing to out a window. At least there was a chance he wouldn't have to deal with anyone who could recognise him. That was his biggest worry.
"I don't think you see too m hunch going g on in this area, though... Well, maybe some drug dealers, here and there, but still... Well, I guess it's still your job..."
He walked over to the window to watch the street.
"Are you busy alot?"
"So you like the second day police..." He chuckled a little, glancing to out a window. At least there was a chance he wouldn't have to deal with anyone who could recognise him. That was his biggest worry.
"I don't think you see too m hunch going g on in this area, though... Well, maybe some drug dealers, here and there, but still... Well, I guess it's still your job..."
He walked over to the window to watch the street.
"Are you busy alot?"
"You're pretty much right. We get quite a few underground dealings and petty theft, but that's it. I think the biggest thing was the fear that worse things would crop up as bigger, flashier areas got more coverage. Crime never leaves... just moves and all." Holly shrugged as she scanned the last paper. She then collected the finished scans and placed then back on the desk.

"Well part of my whole bear thing is I have above average senses, so I personally get called a lot to help with tracking. Other than that? Mostly just patrols to show our faces and make civilians feel safe and criminals nervous" As she answered she wrote up a little sticky note and placed it on the papers, a reminder to file them later. "Honestly, we work more like an underground hero does than a flashy pro. Hence the little building and low publicity."
"You're pretty much right. We get quite a few underground dealings and petty theft, but that's it. I think the biggest thing was the fear that worse things would crop up as bigger, flashier areas got more coverage. Crime never leaves... just moves and all." Holly shrugged as she scanned the last paper. She then collected the finished scans and placed then back on the desk.

"Well part of my whole bear thing is I have above average senses, so I personally get called a lot to help with tracking. Other than that? Mostly just patrols to show our faces and make civilians feel safe and criminals nervous" As she answered she wrote up a little sticky note and placed it on the papers, a reminder to file them later. "Honestly, we work more like an underground hero does than a flashy pro. Hence the little building and low publicity."
More Active on Weekends
"Well... That works for me, at least.. I personally can't really stand big flashy hero's..." He shook his head. "They tend to come off as idiots in my opinion. Or high ego jerks..." He walked around the room, boredly, scanning the tables.
"But if your job deals more with the underground stuff, then I might be able.to help a little. I have a couple people who owe me and.. Uh... Don't read too much I to that..."
He shook his head, blushing a bit.
"I just grew up around here is all.
"Well... That works for me, at least.. I personally can't really stand big flashy hero's..." He shook his head. "They tend to come off as idiots in my opinion. Or high ego jerks..." He walked around the room, boredly, scanning the tables.
"But if your job deals more with the underground stuff, then I might be able.to help a little. I have a couple people who owe me and.. Uh... Don't read too much I to that..."
He shook his head, blushing a bit.
"I just grew up around here is all.
Holly nodded. “It certainly can be hard finding famous hero’s who don’t let it go to their head.”

“And Owen, don’t worry too much. I’m not an idiot, I can tell you’ve been in some... uh, trouble. How much and specifics might elude me and I won’t ask as long as it doesn’t become a problem.” She laughed and started to walk towards the door. “ which makes it extra important that you don’t push any laws when you’re on patrols. Now, Mr.Local, want a tour of the building? It isn’t much but you should see it since you’ll be working here now.”
Holly nodded. “It certainly can be hard finding famous hero’s who don’t let it go to their head.”

“And Owen, don’t worry too much. I’m not an idiot, I can tell you’ve been in some... uh, trouble. How much and specifics might elude me and I won’t ask as long as it doesn’t become a problem.” She laughed and started to walk towards the door. “ which makes it extra important that you don’t push any laws when you’re on patrols. Now, Mr.Local, want a tour of the building? It isn’t much but you should see it since you’ll be working here now.”
More Active on Weekends
Owen smiled. That made him feel a little bit better. But still. Who knew what she'd do if she found out who he had been.
"A tour sounds great. It'd... Probably be useful to know what's where..." He shrugged, following after her in a trot.
It felt good. To have a real job.

"At some.point, you need to show me what you look like. As a bear, I mean."
Owen smiled. That made him feel a little bit better. But still. Who knew what she'd do if she found out who he had been.
"A tour sounds great. It'd... Probably be useful to know what's where..." He shrugged, following after her in a trot.
It felt good. To have a real job.

"At some.point, you need to show me what you look like. As a bear, I mean."
Holly nodded and laughed softly. "Well, why don't we end the tour in the training area then? Then we can both show off a bit. I'll admit mine isn't flashy but I'm strong and the simplicity makes it versatile."

She pushed open the door to her office and waved around the halls that made up the second floor. "Really this floor is mostly offices, save for the back." She started walking toward the mentioned direction. "Mine is the biggest, but heroes currently get their own small offices as well since we have so few personal. But down here is a break room." She led the way down the hall and took a turn to point at a door slightly bigger than those leading to offices. " Mostly it gets used during waits for night shift and such. It has a few vending machines, comfy chairs, and even a pullout couch for overnighters." As she spoke she pushed the door open so Owen could poke around if he wanted. It wasn't huge but it was a decent sized room, bigger than the lobby and with large windows that had a lackluster ally view but good light. "If it isn't too big or expensive you're welcome to suggest something as well. I know we've been considering a ping pong table."
Holly nodded and laughed softly. "Well, why don't we end the tour in the training area then? Then we can both show off a bit. I'll admit mine isn't flashy but I'm strong and the simplicity makes it versatile."

She pushed open the door to her office and waved around the halls that made up the second floor. "Really this floor is mostly offices, save for the back." She started walking toward the mentioned direction. "Mine is the biggest, but heroes currently get their own small offices as well since we have so few personal. But down here is a break room." She led the way down the hall and took a turn to point at a door slightly bigger than those leading to offices. " Mostly it gets used during waits for night shift and such. It has a few vending machines, comfy chairs, and even a pullout couch for overnighters." As she spoke she pushed the door open so Owen could poke around if he wanted. It wasn't huge but it was a decent sized room, bigger than the lobby and with large windows that had a lackluster ally view but good light. "If it isn't too big or expensive you're welcome to suggest something as well. I know we've been considering a ping pong table."
More Active on Weekends
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21