Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Villains among heroes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
Ownen took a seat in his chair, possitioned by the window and infront of a small table. His appartment was just barely able to call it's self livable by any means, but it was cheap and had a roof. All he honestly needed right now.
He sighed, having just been cussed out by his former boss. It was late and he was tired, but he could never sleep well at night. Instead he looked down. At the weeks old newspaper left on the table.
"Claims of villain Murkline's death"
He always laughed at that. Claims. That was all they were. He was still here. The rubble after the collapse.
He took a breath and stared at the street outside his window, before leaning over and laying his head on the table. It made a comfortable enough place to nap. Just untill Maria called... Or the sun came up.
Ownen took a seat in his chair, possitioned by the window and infront of a small table. His appartment was just barely able to call it's self livable by any means, but it was cheap and had a roof. All he honestly needed right now.
He sighed, having just been cussed out by his former boss. It was late and he was tired, but he could never sleep well at night. Instead he looked down. At the weeks old newspaper left on the table.
"Claims of villain Murkline's death"
He always laughed at that. Claims. That was all they were. He was still here. The rubble after the collapse.
He took a breath and stared at the street outside his window, before leaning over and laying his head on the table. It made a comfortable enough place to nap. Just untill Maria called... Or the sun came up.
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
(Oh man, I straight up used a different OC's name... That's wild, poor Holly)

Holly woke the next day after a deep dreamless sleep. She must have been tired, she could barely remember getting ready for bed before passing out. After a moment of just sitting aimlessly in bed, she shook off the rest of her sleep and grabbed her phone. The screen displayed a reminded to call Owen right under the current time of 8 am. She didn't dare unlock the screen before getting ready for work, knowing that if she took the reminder off she might forget before she left her apartment.

Going to her closet, she put on some warm work out clothes before grabbing her bag and finally opening her phone. She panicked for a second at the dial screen before remembering the napkin still stashed in her pockets from yesterday. Fishing it out she put in the numbers and waited for a response, hoping it wouldn't be too early for the man.
(Oh man, I straight up used a different OC's name... That's wild, poor Holly)

Holly woke the next day after a deep dreamless sleep. She must have been tired, she could barely remember getting ready for bed before passing out. After a moment of just sitting aimlessly in bed, she shook off the rest of her sleep and grabbed her phone. The screen displayed a reminded to call Owen right under the current time of 8 am. She didn't dare unlock the screen before getting ready for work, knowing that if she took the reminder off she might forget before she left her apartment.

Going to her closet, she put on some warm work out clothes before grabbing her bag and finally opening her phone. She panicked for a second at the dial screen before remembering the napkin still stashed in her pockets from yesterday. Fishing it out she put in the numbers and waited for a response, hoping it wouldn't be too early for the man.
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
Owen jumped awake, letting out a small curse as he nearly fell out of his chair due to the violent buzzing next to his head. It took a second for him to compose himself, and looking down, it was just,.. ah, just Holly..
He sighed, rubbing his head. He had fallen asleep more than he expected. Guess normal sleep schedules we're starting to hit him hard

"Hello?" He asked, picking up the phone.
Owen jumped awake, letting out a small curse as he nearly fell out of his chair due to the violent buzzing next to his head. It took a second for him to compose himself, and looking down, it was just,.. ah, just Holly..
He sighed, rubbing his head. He had fallen asleep more than he expected. Guess normal sleep schedules we're starting to hit him hard

"Hello?" He asked, picking up the phone.
Holly smiled as she heard Owen. "Hi, it's Holly. Just calling to let you know I've gotten all the paperwork, it just needs to be filled out either today or tomorrow. Just come over to my office sometime to get it, the address should be on my card, though if you lost it I can tell you."

As she spoke she was gathering her last few things before leaving and locking up her apartment. "Oh, you'll also be able to get a short tour of the office and work out a design for your costume. We'll have to send the papers in before you're clear for the field, but there's still lots to do in the office. Still paid of course."
Holly smiled as she heard Owen. "Hi, it's Holly. Just calling to let you know I've gotten all the paperwork, it just needs to be filled out either today or tomorrow. Just come over to my office sometime to get it, the address should be on my card, though if you lost it I can tell you."

As she spoke she was gathering her last few things before leaving and locking up her apartment. "Oh, you'll also be able to get a short tour of the office and work out a design for your costume. We'll have to send the papers in before you're clear for the field, but there's still lots to do in the office. Still paid of course."
More Active on Weekends
"Mmhmm..." Own rubbed his head and leaned back, still half asleep. He managed to catch the stuff about paperwork and coming by.
"I'll... I'll come.by later..." He said, finally starting to come to. "Give me an hour or two to clean up and stuff..."
And with that, he hung up and went to change and wash up, before heading out to walk to where the address on her card I donated. Of course he had his hood up, and head down. God forbid someone recognised his face.
"Mmhmm..." Own rubbed his head and leaned back, still half asleep. He managed to catch the stuff about paperwork and coming by.
"I'll... I'll come.by later..." He said, finally starting to come to. "Give me an hour or two to clean up and stuff..."
And with that, he hung up and went to change and wash up, before heading out to walk to where the address on her card I donated. Of course he had his hood up, and head down. God forbid someone recognised his face.
"Sounds great!" Holly pocketed her phone after the call ended. She got to the office and started to organize things a little since there would be a guest. After the little bit of tidying, she changed into her hero uniform. It was a relatively simple design, a long shirt and loose pants with a long fur hooded cloak. After all, with her shifting, it wouldn't do to ruin expensive outfits. The cloak was the only thing about it close to flashy.

That done she made sure to put the papers up before setting one of her employees off on a morning patrol. Today would mostly be an office day for Holly until late and even though she usually hated that, the day felt a bit special.
"Sounds great!" Holly pocketed her phone after the call ended. She got to the office and started to organize things a little since there would be a guest. After the little bit of tidying, she changed into her hero uniform. It was a relatively simple design, a long shirt and loose pants with a long fur hooded cloak. After all, with her shifting, it wouldn't do to ruin expensive outfits. The cloak was the only thing about it close to flashy.

That done she made sure to put the papers up before setting one of her employees off on a morning patrol. Today would mostly be an office day for Holly until late and even though she usually hated that, the day felt a bit special.
More Active on Weekends
It took a little over an hour to get there (given he actually had to stop and look at a bus map for directions) but he eventually made it. At one point, he'd recognised the face of someone who liked to fight him a lot. Some bigshit hero. He nearly had a panic attack, and pulled his hood down, unsure if the guy saw him

Eventually, he got to the hero agency and paused to look up at it. It was blander than what he expect, but then again, people had different tastes.
He sighed and pushed his way through the door to look around. He was half expecting someone to jump out at him.
It took a little over an hour to get there (given he actually had to stop and look at a bus map for directions) but he eventually made it. At one point, he'd recognised the face of someone who liked to fight him a lot. Some bigshit hero. He nearly had a panic attack, and pulled his hood down, unsure if the guy saw him

Eventually, he got to the hero agency and paused to look up at it. It was blander than what he expect, but then again, people had different tastes.
He sighed and pushed his way through the door to look around. He was half expecting someone to jump out at him.
Inside the lobby was clean and had a homey sort of feel. The front desk was settled by the far wall, a door on either side and the center of the room had a few worn but comfy looking chairs. There were a few plants around the room too and a tiny fountain on the front desk. Behind it, a young and timid-looking lad glanced up as Owen walked in. He jumped a bit before waving the man over.

"Hello! uh, you must be the guy Ursa is waiting for." He stood up and leaned over his desk slightly to point at a door to the left of his desk. "Down that way and up the stairs, or um, elevator I guess. It's the first door on the right after."
Inside the lobby was clean and had a homey sort of feel. The front desk was settled by the far wall, a door on either side and the center of the room had a few worn but comfy looking chairs. There were a few plants around the room too and a tiny fountain on the front desk. Behind it, a young and timid-looking lad glanced up as Owen walked in. He jumped a bit before waving the man over.

"Hello! uh, you must be the guy Ursa is waiting for." He stood up and leaned over his desk slightly to point at a door to the left of his desk. "Down that way and up the stairs, or um, elevator I guess. It's the first door on the right after."
More Active on Weekends
Owen just stood there, for a few moments, staring at the receptionist who looked a little too nervouse for this job. Then just glanced down the hall, indicated.
"Down there..? Thanks..." He said, before turning to head down.
Of course, he took the elevator.
Heck if he was walking up stairs, after all it took to get here.

Once he was on the second floor, he glanced around, following the receptionist's instructions.
"Hey, uuhh... Holly?"
Owen just stood there, for a few moments, staring at the receptionist who looked a little too nervouse for this job. Then just glanced down the hall, indicated.
"Down there..? Thanks..." He said, before turning to head down.
Of course, he took the elevator.
Heck if he was walking up stairs, after all it took to get here.

Once he was on the second floor, he glanced around, following the receptionist's instructions.
"Hey, uuhh... Holly?"
Holly was finishing signing a few papers when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. "Oh! Owen, hello." She opened her office door and gestured for him to come in. "You can sit down there," she nodded to a set of chairs facing her desk," while I get the papers."

She walked back to her desk at that and then began shuffling things to find the right copies. " Here they are! This one is a for insurance, this is a general contract saying you understand the agency has no requirement to stand by you if you break laws, and the fun one! A form registering a hero name, power, and uniform request for the trial period and hopefully, longer."
Holly was finishing signing a few papers when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. "Oh! Owen, hello." She opened her office door and gestured for him to come in. "You can sit down there," she nodded to a set of chairs facing her desk," while I get the papers."

She walked back to her desk at that and then began shuffling things to find the right copies. " Here they are! This one is a for insurance, this is a general contract saying you understand the agency has no requirement to stand by you if you break laws, and the fun one! A form registering a hero name, power, and uniform request for the trial period and hopefully, longer."
More Active on Weekends
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21