Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Villains among heroes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
Owen almost laughed. Almost. The irony if this was just too strong. He had been one of the most dangerous villains in the city. A king of thieves. And now he was being offered a tempt gig at a hero agency.

He took the card and looked at it.
"Without a background hub?" He hummed, glancing out the window. As far as he could tell, his life had no real direction from here. If he wanted to turn things around, this was going to be his best shot.

"Ya know? Why not..." He said, before laughing. He slowly scratched at the scar on his neck and shook his head. "Sure... I've got nothing else planned for my life... Could be fun..."
Owen almost laughed. Almost. The irony if this was just too strong. He had been one of the most dangerous villains in the city. A king of thieves. And now he was being offered a tempt gig at a hero agency.

He took the card and looked at it.
"Without a background hub?" He hummed, glancing out the window. As far as he could tell, his life had no real direction from here. If he wanted to turn things around, this was going to be his best shot.

"Ya know? Why not..." He said, before laughing. He slowly scratched at the scar on his neck and shook his head. "Sure... I've got nothing else planned for my life... Could be fun..."
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
Holly practically beamed at his answer. "Really? Now it isn't going to be easy. It'll just be me, you, and two others which means long working hours and technically always being on emergency call."

The last thing she wanted was to scare him off but she also didn't want him to get in over his head. "While working you'll also be taking a few ethics and power classes for the first week. That said, if you do well during the entire temp run, you can get an official license! You can even start tomorrow if you're really up for it, I'll call you into the program tonight and have the papers for tomorrow." She did her best not to look overly excited but it was hard. Having more hands on deck would be a huge relief as would having someone with pretty strong power. All that mattered was that he didn't stir up too much trouble with whatver he seemed to be running from.
Holly practically beamed at his answer. "Really? Now it isn't going to be easy. It'll just be me, you, and two others which means long working hours and technically always being on emergency call."

The last thing she wanted was to scare him off but she also didn't want him to get in over his head. "While working you'll also be taking a few ethics and power classes for the first week. That said, if you do well during the entire temp run, you can get an official license! You can even start tomorrow if you're really up for it, I'll call you into the program tonight and have the papers for tomorrow." She did her best not to look overly excited but it was hard. Having more hands on deck would be a huge relief as would having someone with pretty strong power. All that mattered was that he didn't stir up too much trouble with whatver he seemed to be running from.
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
Owen just shrugged. THe whole, ethics thing might be a problem, but aside from that, it sounded like it would be a breeze.
Being a villain hadn't been any walk in the park. He had always had to fight to get what and where he wanted, and he'd always had to step over someone else. THe hero bussiness alway tried to make its self out to be the oposite, although he had a suspicion that the proccesses to build yourself up were more similar that what people liked.

Then again, they really were two sides of the same coin. And not all hero's were considered 'good'.
"One question.... DOes this thing pay at all, or will I still have to keep my shift at the gas station?" It was a petty thing to ask, but he still had rent to pay.
"Also, I get my own mask..." He said, with a smile.
Owen just shrugged. THe whole, ethics thing might be a problem, but aside from that, it sounded like it would be a breeze.
Being a villain hadn't been any walk in the park. He had always had to fight to get what and where he wanted, and he'd always had to step over someone else. THe hero bussiness alway tried to make its self out to be the oposite, although he had a suspicion that the proccesses to build yourself up were more similar that what people liked.

Then again, they really were two sides of the same coin. And not all hero's were considered 'good'.
"One question.... DOes this thing pay at all, or will I still have to keep my shift at the gas station?" It was a petty thing to ask, but he still had rent to pay.
"Also, I get my own mask..." He said, with a smile.
"You'll definitely get paid. Nothing luxurious, but a living wage to start. If the agency gets bigger, then well get more pay. Hero work is a job after all, I wouldn't expect you to work for nothing."

Holly put the extra business card back in her pocket. "I know a lot of heroes who only do the work because of the money. You learn to overlook peoples motivations. At the end of the day, all that matters is if they save civilians. I hope you'll stay in it for more than money, but hey, people have to eat."
"You'll definitely get paid. Nothing luxurious, but a living wage to start. If the agency gets bigger, then well get more pay. Hero work is a job after all, I wouldn't expect you to work for nothing."

Holly put the extra business card back in her pocket. "I know a lot of heroes who only do the work because of the money. You learn to overlook peoples motivations. At the end of the day, all that matters is if they save civilians. I hope you'll stay in it for more than money, but hey, people have to eat."
More Active on Weekends
"Motivations don't matter as long as the job is done right?" He leaned back, before grabbing a napkin and pulling a pen front his pocket
"Here's my phone number..." He said, sliding the napkin over. "Give me a call later, when you have all the details and stuff... " He stood up and gave another smile. "I've got a couple calls to make, I guess. I'll see you later, okay...?"
"Motivations don't matter as long as the job is done right?" He leaned back, before grabbing a napkin and pulling a pen front his pocket
"Here's my phone number..." He said, sliding the napkin over. "Give me a call later, when you have all the details and stuff... " He stood up and gave another smile. "I've got a couple calls to make, I guess. I'll see you later, okay...?"
“True enough and thank you. I’ll make sure to contact you tomorrow.” Holly took the napkin and carefully put it in her pocket before standing as well. If she got home soon she’d be able to take care of everything before the next day, or at least do so without making anyone work some over time.

“I look forward to working with you,” she said, holding out her hand to shake.
“True enough and thank you. I’ll make sure to contact you tomorrow.” Holly took the napkin and carefully put it in her pocket before standing as well. If she got home soon she’d be able to take care of everything before the next day, or at least do so without making anyone work some over time.

“I look forward to working with you,” she said, holding out her hand to shake.
More Active on Weekends
Owen nodded and stood up to take her hand.
"Same here." He smiled, before turning to leave. Time to go quite his job, he guessed.

Who knows. Maybe this whole temping thing would give him a shot at revenge.... Or at least a morally cleaner life. As long as no one looked too much into him.
He was still fairly recognisable.
Owen nodded and stood up to take her hand.
"Same here." He smiled, before turning to leave. Time to go quite his job, he guessed.

Who knows. Maybe this whole temping thing would give him a shot at revenge.... Or at least a morally cleaner life. As long as no one looked too much into him.
He was still fairly recognisable.
"I'll be seeing you then," Holly said, giving a final farewell wave before leaving the shop. The rain was still there, but barely, just a faint drizzle that hardly counted as rain at all in Holly's book.

She let her mind wander as she made her way home, thinking about her split-second decision. In all honesty, it could turn out to be a huge mistake but... she still felt it was right. Even if it did turn out bad, she was young and new, a good enough excuse to give anyone even if she hated older pros looking down on her. With luck though, nothing bad would happen and trusting a complete strange who had an obviously shading past wouldn't come back to bite her.

Thinking over it again she really had to wonder who let he get an agency of her own.
"I'll be seeing you then," Holly said, giving a final farewell wave before leaving the shop. The rain was still there, but barely, just a faint drizzle that hardly counted as rain at all in Holly's book.

She let her mind wander as she made her way home, thinking about her split-second decision. In all honesty, it could turn out to be a huge mistake but... she still felt it was right. Even if it did turn out bad, she was young and new, a good enough excuse to give anyone even if she hated older pros looking down on her. With luck though, nothing bad would happen and trusting a complete strange who had an obviously shading past wouldn't come back to bite her.

Thinking over it again she really had to wonder who let he get an agency of her own.
More Active on Weekends
Owen strode back to his appartment, hood down but in a slightly better mood than when he left. He honestly hoped this whole temping job would work out. All it would take, though, was one hero to recognise his face, though. That was the troubling part.
As he reached his building, he contemplated. Maybe he should try wearing makeup... Na. He'd try out the mask idea first. That should be easier, anyway... And he'd have to hold back on the whole powers thing too. That was just as incriminating.

He sighed and flopped onto his bed, tired. This was a crazy plan and he knew it. He couldn't help but laugh. If it was going to land him in jail, then at least it's be a fun way to go.
Owen strode back to his appartment, hood down but in a slightly better mood than when he left. He honestly hoped this whole temping job would work out. All it would take, though, was one hero to recognise his face, though. That was the troubling part.
As he reached his building, he contemplated. Maybe he should try wearing makeup... Na. He'd try out the mask idea first. That should be easier, anyway... And he'd have to hold back on the whole powers thing too. That was just as incriminating.

He sighed and flopped onto his bed, tired. This was a crazy plan and he knew it. He couldn't help but laugh. If it was going to land him in jail, then at least it's be a fun way to go.
Maria unlocked her apartment and strode in with purpose. Her first order of business was swapping her wet garments for something dry and comfy. Next, she settled at her cluttered desk in her little home office, pulling out a phone and a few papers with numbers and businesses scrawled on them. Checking the time, she had a moment to feel relieved before dialing up the first number.

Several calls and two hours later she threw her arms up in a worn-out victory. All that was left was to print some forms being emailed to her and fax them back tomorrow or the next day once Owen had finished filling them out. It seemed a bit late to call the man now so she set a reminder to do so early the next morning. She worked late the next day so there would still be plenty of time for him to get what he needed. Now she just wanted to sleep though, pumped for the next day despite her current drowsiness.
Maria unlocked her apartment and strode in with purpose. Her first order of business was swapping her wet garments for something dry and comfy. Next, she settled at her cluttered desk in her little home office, pulling out a phone and a few papers with numbers and businesses scrawled on them. Checking the time, she had a moment to feel relieved before dialing up the first number.

Several calls and two hours later she threw her arms up in a worn-out victory. All that was left was to print some forms being emailed to her and fax them back tomorrow or the next day once Owen had finished filling them out. It seemed a bit late to call the man now so she set a reminder to do so early the next morning. She worked late the next day so there would still be plenty of time for him to get what he needed. Now she just wanted to sleep though, pumped for the next day despite her current drowsiness.
More Active on Weekends
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21