Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Villains among heroes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
Okay!
Okay!
VxOtqjN.pngVoQaqlF.png
Holly narrowed her eyes at him and really looked for a moment before just sighing. “ If you’re sure. But I’m here to help, uh, and sorry if that was pushy. It can be hard to turn off the whole, looking for people in trouble thing.”

“And I doubt I’d hate you. That’s not the kinda hero I try to be, though it does make me curious about you.”
Holly narrowed her eyes at him and really looked for a moment before just sighing. “ If you’re sure. But I’m here to help, uh, and sorry if that was pushy. It can be hard to turn off the whole, looking for people in trouble thing.”

“And I doubt I’d hate you. That’s not the kinda hero I try to be, though it does make me curious about you.”
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
"Ah-ah-ah" He said, smiling a little.
"Your not getting information out of me that quickly..." He said, almost like he was teasing her. "BEsides, wouldn't it beweird to spill my life story out to someone who's name I barely know?"
He walked to take a seat by the window, glancing at her to sit with him.
"You uh... WHats heroing like...?"
"Ah-ah-ah" He said, smiling a little.
"Your not getting information out of me that quickly..." He said, almost like he was teasing her. "BEsides, wouldn't it beweird to spill my life story out to someone who's name I barely know?"
He walked to take a seat by the window, glancing at her to sit with him.
"You uh... WHats heroing like...?"
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
“I suppose your right. Guess I get a little used to rooting out problems.” She laughed softly as she followed him and sat across the table. She took a moment to think about his question before she answered.

“It’s great to help people and it feels good know you saved a life, but it’s hard too. No one talks about all the papers to fill out for property damage or red tape..Sometimes I get a little jealous of vigilantes. Don’t tell the authorities though.” She puck a finger to her lips and winked, smiling. “Then we’d both have trouble”
“I suppose your right. Guess I get a little used to rooting out problems.” She laughed softly as she followed him and sat across the table. She took a moment to think about his question before she answered.

“It’s great to help people and it feels good know you saved a life, but it’s hard too. No one talks about all the papers to fill out for property damage or red tape..Sometimes I get a little jealous of vigilantes. Don’t tell the authorities though.” She puck a finger to her lips and winked, smiling. “Then we’d both have trouble”
More Active on Weekends
OWen laughed a little.
Vigilantes huh? He thought about them. People who wanted to do good, but didn't want to take the time to build up a reputation... Or register themselves.... They were once one of the biggest pains in his sides... But most of the time, they were easier to scare off.
"No worries..."
Then again, that maybe sounded like a decent start. Maybe?
"It does sound easier... Though from what I seen, they mostly act as bouncers for rich idiots who don't want their stuff stolen at transports..." An oddly specific statement.
"I think You've got it good, though... SO many people would kill to be a hero.... I think I wanted to be one when I was little..."
He smiled a bit and leaned back.

"I wonder if the rain will turn to snow soon..?"
OWen laughed a little.
Vigilantes huh? He thought about them. People who wanted to do good, but didn't want to take the time to build up a reputation... Or register themselves.... They were once one of the biggest pains in his sides... But most of the time, they were easier to scare off.
"No worries..."
Then again, that maybe sounded like a decent start. Maybe?
"It does sound easier... Though from what I seen, they mostly act as bouncers for rich idiots who don't want their stuff stolen at transports..." An oddly specific statement.
"I think You've got it good, though... SO many people would kill to be a hero.... I think I wanted to be one when I was little..."
He smiled a bit and leaned back.

"I wonder if the rain will turn to snow soon..?"
Holly's smile faded into a more thoughtful expression. "Yeah, I suppose that's what most of them are now. And don't get me wrong! I'm grateful I get to be one of the few to be a hero, just. Sometimes it feels like all the rules can hold you back. And uh, sounds like you have more experience with them than me. I've only really meant a few young hopefuls who are a bit too reckless." She couldn't help but feel a bit bad, comlaining when the man infront of her had the same childhood dream but never made it.

A small smile made it back on her face when the conversation turned to weather and she looked out the window. "Honestly, as long as I had an umbrella for it, I hope it does start snowing soon. Summer is always too hot for me and between us, I like my winter uniform more."
Holly's smile faded into a more thoughtful expression. "Yeah, I suppose that's what most of them are now. And don't get me wrong! I'm grateful I get to be one of the few to be a hero, just. Sometimes it feels like all the rules can hold you back. And uh, sounds like you have more experience with them than me. I've only really meant a few young hopefuls who are a bit too reckless." She couldn't help but feel a bit bad, comlaining when the man infront of her had the same childhood dream but never made it.

A small smile made it back on her face when the conversation turned to weather and she looked out the window. "Honestly, as long as I had an umbrella for it, I hope it does start snowing soon. Summer is always too hot for me and between us, I like my winter uniform more."
More Active on Weekends
Owen chuckled a bit.
"I always liked winter for the long nights. I'm never comfortable when I'm out during the day, as weird as it is "Light always seemed to be an enemy.... THough.... I guess now, long nights means longer shifts..." He leaned back.
Since the incident, he'd taken up work at a gas station. One of the only jobs he could find that didn't need a personal record or work history. It made just enough to get by.
"Snow is always fun though.... When theres enough of it.... "
He downed the rest of his mocha and glanced at her.
"So, hero girl.... I hope you don't mind me asking, but what can you do?"
Owen chuckled a bit.
"I always liked winter for the long nights. I'm never comfortable when I'm out during the day, as weird as it is "Light always seemed to be an enemy.... THough.... I guess now, long nights means longer shifts..." He leaned back.
Since the incident, he'd taken up work at a gas station. One of the only jobs he could find that didn't need a personal record or work history. It made just enough to get by.
"Snow is always fun though.... When theres enough of it.... "
He downed the rest of his mocha and glanced at her.
"So, hero girl.... I hope you don't mind me asking, but what can you do?"
"A night owl huh? Can't say I'm not the same, I was always on the later patrols as a sidekick." Holly played with her cup a little before putting a hand in her pocket and playing with the little papers she had stuffed there. "And snow certainly is fun, glad I don't have a car though."

She took a sip of her latte before smiling at his question. "I was wondering when that would come up. It really isn't a flashy power, but I can turn into a bear. The size and degree is something I can control but if I go full tilt, giant bear for more than an hour I pass out for like a long time. The record is two days. I'm a classic rough and tumble sort."

"How about you? If that's okay?"
"A night owl huh? Can't say I'm not the same, I was always on the later patrols as a sidekick." Holly played with her cup a little before putting a hand in her pocket and playing with the little papers she had stuffed there. "And snow certainly is fun, glad I don't have a car though."

She took a sip of her latte before smiling at his question. "I was wondering when that would come up. It really isn't a flashy power, but I can turn into a bear. The size and degree is something I can control but if I go full tilt, giant bear for more than an hour I pass out for like a long time. The record is two days. I'm a classic rough and tumble sort."

"How about you? If that's okay?"
More Active on Weekends
To Owen, it sounded kinda like a silly power. To turn into a bear. But, then again, it could be useful, he supposed.
"Me...? Uh... A couple things, actually..." He really shouldn't go into details with the chick. Who knows if she'd recognize him.
"I kinda turn into the boogieman... Take a monster form... Walk on walls... strong... Thing is, the more light there is, the weaker I am... Like... A flashlight won't do much, but put me in a well let store, and I'm just human..."
He reached up and pushed some of his hair up to show a small horn growing up out of his temple. "See? Monster." He said, smiling a bit.
"Though I guess not as terrifying as having a bear chasing you down,huh?" He said with a chuckle.
To Owen, it sounded kinda like a silly power. To turn into a bear. But, then again, it could be useful, he supposed.
"Me...? Uh... A couple things, actually..." He really shouldn't go into details with the chick. Who knows if she'd recognize him.
"I kinda turn into the boogieman... Take a monster form... Walk on walls... strong... Thing is, the more light there is, the weaker I am... Like... A flashlight won't do much, but put me in a well let store, and I'm just human..."
He reached up and pushed some of his hair up to show a small horn growing up out of his temple. "See? Monster." He said, smiling a bit.
"Though I guess not as terrifying as having a bear chasing you down,huh?" He said with a chuckle.
"So we're both transformation types, cool. And a little spooky on your end." Holly finished her own latte before setting down her cup. She looked at Owen for another moment before making up her mind and pulling out a small stack of papers. Business cards.

She set one on the table and tapped it, trying to mentally word what she wanted to say first. "uh, I'll admit it also sounds pretty strong and you did say you used to want to be a hero. So, and you don't need to answer now but uh..." She stopped and took a breath before she full on started rambling. "Okay, simply put. I'm new and need sidekick positions filled. It's not the usual way or really advertised, but if an agency sponsors you even someone without background can take a few crash courses and get temp certification."

"Is this impulsive and dumb of me? Maybe. But uh, you seem kinda familiar and in trouble but not like a bad person... not really... So. Yeah." She slid the card over a little more. A plain looking white card with a cartoon bear in the corner and the contact information of 'The Ursa Hero Agency.'
"So we're both transformation types, cool. And a little spooky on your end." Holly finished her own latte before setting down her cup. She looked at Owen for another moment before making up her mind and pulling out a small stack of papers. Business cards.

She set one on the table and tapped it, trying to mentally word what she wanted to say first. "uh, I'll admit it also sounds pretty strong and you did say you used to want to be a hero. So, and you don't need to answer now but uh..." She stopped and took a breath before she full on started rambling. "Okay, simply put. I'm new and need sidekick positions filled. It's not the usual way or really advertised, but if an agency sponsors you even someone without background can take a few crash courses and get temp certification."

"Is this impulsive and dumb of me? Maybe. But uh, you seem kinda familiar and in trouble but not like a bad person... not really... So. Yeah." She slid the card over a little more. A plain looking white card with a cartoon bear in the corner and the contact information of 'The Ursa Hero Agency.'
More Active on Weekends
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21