Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [OOC] Monster Hunter shifters (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
It does.. but so does Ivory Lagiacrus lol. I'm so stuck still.
It does.. but so does Ivory Lagiacrus lol. I'm so stuck still.
Stardust Sap Lamp
--- [ D i n o ] ---
♥ any pronouns
traditional comms
♥ Layout by snom !
Do eeny meeny miny mo. That never lies lmao.
Do eeny meeny miny mo. That never lies lmao.
WsNF1Ur.png
I finished Evelyn’s character sheet, woot!
I finished Evelyn’s character sheet, woot!
WsNF1Ur.png
@yuuichiro I have no idea what Monster Hunter is, but this sounds interesting. Mind if I join?
@yuuichiro I have no idea what Monster Hunter is, but this sounds interesting. Mind if I join?
"Alas, love cannot be cured by herbs!"
———
Bas||they/them/fae/faer||18+||FR+2
———
Quite possibly just a moth with internet access.
autumn_sphinx.png lamp.gif
Yuuichiro posted links to the monster hunter wiki for more information if that helps, so as long as you take a look at them I assume you'll be fine.
Yuuichiro posted links to the monster hunter wiki for more information if that helps, so as long as you take a look at them I assume you'll be fine.
WsNF1Ur.png
@Axolotlboi
I will, thank you!

Ran Danae

Monster Species: Frozen Barioth (Flying Psuedo-Wyvern)

Weapon Style and Weapon: Longsword/Xeno'jiiva armor set

Gender and/or Pronouns: Female, they/them/she/her

Humanoid Appearance: Ran has waist-length silver blond hair, stands at 4’ 11” and is extremely nimble. Her eyes are a cool teal that could probably freeze anyone she exposes to her copywrited death glare. Ran’s complexion gives the impression that she’d blend into a snowbank exceedingly well. She customized her armor to be white and better suited for mountain climate (not to mention a little less flashy), as that is where she typically hunts monsters.

Monster Appearance: Pretty much a typical Barioth - scales, large fangs, catlike features, etc. except black in color instead of white with a slightly more lithe build and unusually long and wickedly sharp claws (even though Barioth claws are generally long an sharp already)

Personality: Ran is a stubborn individual, and is used to working with what she is given. She has been monster hunting for just over a year, and carries with her a journal of all past kills and strategies so she can learn from her past. Her motto is “what has been will remain to be so” and though Ran maintains a decent sense of morality and reason she will rarely look back upon her past actions with any kind of regret. For the most part, Ran prefers to stay emotionally detached as a result of losing too many friends in combat. This is also partially why Ran detests working with people she deems less skilled or experienced than herself. If something is not to her liking, Ran will do what she can to make it tollerable at least, and never hesitates to point out any flaws or otherwise inconsequential details. This can make her seem pessimistic, when in truth she tends to worry about unnoticed things becoming deadly. If Ran ever puts aside her fear of valued friends dying, she is a steadfast, protective, and loyal friend. She has a motherly side to her that is rarely seen because through several series of tragic downfalls Ran has come to the conclusion that anyone she dares to care about will only come to harm because of it. If someone Ran cares about is in trouble while she is present, her frozen motto quickly becomes a panicked, “I’LL SAVE YOU JUST DON’T DIE ON ME OK?!!!” In combat, she uses her longsword in combination with her agility and power to inflict her foe with external hemorrhage. Ran has an elegant style of combat, bobbing and weaving to evade physical monster attacks. She does the best when facing land bound foes.

History/Backstory: Ran grew up in an extensive pine grove at the foot of a mountain as the 2nd youngest of five siblings. She used to love swimming in the lake inhabited with fairly peaceful or harmless aquatic monsters, and fishing with her siblings, which is still a hobby of sorts when there is the time. Occasionally a monster or two would wander into the woods, and the experience of driving them off is what inspired her to become a monster hunter when she eventually left the woods to see more of the world. Ran’s best friend accompanied her with the same goal in mind, only to disappear mysteriously in an avalanche during a fight with a monster on their first assignment on a mountain range. Consumed with guilt and grief, Ran poured herself into mastering mountain terrain and combat instead of shunning the source of her agony, convinced that if she could only prepare herself for the challenges of the difficult terrain, perhaps she could stop such a tragedy from repeating... and yet it did. Not always was it purely the mountains’ fault, but as friend after comrade after loved one vanished before Ran’s eyes, she threw herself deeper into training and eventually stopped caring, building internal emotional walls to prevent further pain.

Other: Ran just found out she was a Wyrvnling two weeks ago at the local zoo. Nobody was hurt, but the zoo was reduced to rubble and several wild animals were freed. Her only regret after viewing the destruction? That her monster form isn’t a Piscine Wyvern, her favorite monster class.

A Note on Piscene Wyverns: Ran once caught a baby Piscine Wyvern while out fishing with her siblings. She named it “Flash” and raised it for a while until her parents released it back into the lake where it was originally found, realizing the threat it would pose when it was fully grown. To this day Ran still harbors sediment when it comes to aquatic monsters, which is one of the reasons she primarily hunts land monsters in the arid mountains.

Further note on armor: Ran refuses to wear a helmet. She feels extremely restricted/trapped when anything completely covers her head, as she fears suffocation.

Also: Her star sign is Virgo.
@Axolotlboi
I will, thank you!

Ran Danae

Monster Species: Frozen Barioth (Flying Psuedo-Wyvern)

Weapon Style and Weapon: Longsword/Xeno'jiiva armor set

Gender and/or Pronouns: Female, they/them/she/her

Humanoid Appearance: Ran has waist-length silver blond hair, stands at 4’ 11” and is extremely nimble. Her eyes are a cool teal that could probably freeze anyone she exposes to her copywrited death glare. Ran’s complexion gives the impression that she’d blend into a snowbank exceedingly well. She customized her armor to be white and better suited for mountain climate (not to mention a little less flashy), as that is where she typically hunts monsters.

Monster Appearance: Pretty much a typical Barioth - scales, large fangs, catlike features, etc. except black in color instead of white with a slightly more lithe build and unusually long and wickedly sharp claws (even though Barioth claws are generally long an sharp already)

Personality: Ran is a stubborn individual, and is used to working with what she is given. She has been monster hunting for just over a year, and carries with her a journal of all past kills and strategies so she can learn from her past. Her motto is “what has been will remain to be so” and though Ran maintains a decent sense of morality and reason she will rarely look back upon her past actions with any kind of regret. For the most part, Ran prefers to stay emotionally detached as a result of losing too many friends in combat. This is also partially why Ran detests working with people she deems less skilled or experienced than herself. If something is not to her liking, Ran will do what she can to make it tollerable at least, and never hesitates to point out any flaws or otherwise inconsequential details. This can make her seem pessimistic, when in truth she tends to worry about unnoticed things becoming deadly. If Ran ever puts aside her fear of valued friends dying, she is a steadfast, protective, and loyal friend. She has a motherly side to her that is rarely seen because through several series of tragic downfalls Ran has come to the conclusion that anyone she dares to care about will only come to harm because of it. If someone Ran cares about is in trouble while she is present, her frozen motto quickly becomes a panicked, “I’LL SAVE YOU JUST DON’T DIE ON ME OK?!!!” In combat, she uses her longsword in combination with her agility and power to inflict her foe with external hemorrhage. Ran has an elegant style of combat, bobbing and weaving to evade physical monster attacks. She does the best when facing land bound foes.

History/Backstory: Ran grew up in an extensive pine grove at the foot of a mountain as the 2nd youngest of five siblings. She used to love swimming in the lake inhabited with fairly peaceful or harmless aquatic monsters, and fishing with her siblings, which is still a hobby of sorts when there is the time. Occasionally a monster or two would wander into the woods, and the experience of driving them off is what inspired her to become a monster hunter when she eventually left the woods to see more of the world. Ran’s best friend accompanied her with the same goal in mind, only to disappear mysteriously in an avalanche during a fight with a monster on their first assignment on a mountain range. Consumed with guilt and grief, Ran poured herself into mastering mountain terrain and combat instead of shunning the source of her agony, convinced that if she could only prepare herself for the challenges of the difficult terrain, perhaps she could stop such a tragedy from repeating... and yet it did. Not always was it purely the mountains’ fault, but as friend after comrade after loved one vanished before Ran’s eyes, she threw herself deeper into training and eventually stopped caring, building internal emotional walls to prevent further pain.

Other: Ran just found out she was a Wyrvnling two weeks ago at the local zoo. Nobody was hurt, but the zoo was reduced to rubble and several wild animals were freed. Her only regret after viewing the destruction? That her monster form isn’t a Piscine Wyvern, her favorite monster class.

A Note on Piscene Wyverns: Ran once caught a baby Piscine Wyvern while out fishing with her siblings. She named it “Flash” and raised it for a while until her parents released it back into the lake where it was originally found, realizing the threat it would pose when it was fully grown. To this day Ran still harbors sediment when it comes to aquatic monsters, which is one of the reasons she primarily hunts land monsters in the arid mountains.

Further note on armor: Ran refuses to wear a helmet. She feels extremely restricted/trapped when anything completely covers her head, as she fears suffocation.

Also: Her star sign is Virgo.
"Alas, love cannot be cured by herbs!"
———
Bas||they/them/fae/faer||18+||FR+2
———
Quite possibly just a moth with internet access.
autumn_sphinx.png lamp.gif
You're welcome!
You're welcome!
WsNF1Ur.png
This looks interesting! I don't know a ton about monster hunter, but i'd love to join if thats ok. :)
This looks interesting! I don't know a ton about monster hunter, but i'd love to join if thats ok. :)
uDWJxnb.png
It is definitely okay! Just read up stuff you don't know on the wiki links the host has written.
It is definitely okay! Just read up stuff you don't know on the wiki links the host has written.
WsNF1Ur.png
Well, Lyra's coming along nicely.
Well, Lyra's coming along nicely.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10