Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
First and foremost I want to say how AMAZING it is for someone to actually post something about art theft! It's something that bothers me not only as an artist but as a commissioner as well! I draw freelance a lot and would hate to see someone else's character get stolen and I've spent ALOT of money to get art of my characters done and I'd KILL someone if I saw them steal them!

Thank you so much for putting that tidbit out there <3
First and foremost I want to say how AMAZING it is for someone to actually post something about art theft! It&#039;s something that bothers me not only as an artist but as a commissioner as well! I draw freelance a lot and would hate to see someone else&#039;s character get stolen and I&#039;ve spent ALOT of money to get art of my characters done and I&#039;d KILL someone if I saw them steal them!

Thank you so much for putting that tidbit out there <3
Just for a convenience thing:

Do you think it&#039;d be an idea to have a thread for terms that can be used in Flight Rising RPs?
Like, names for places and honourifics and things like that?

For example: &#039;The Sea of A Thousand Currents&#039; is unwieldy as hell. It could easily be uniformly cut down to &#039;The Thousand Sea&#039; to save space.

That&#039;s just one example. Anyone think it&#039;s worth the hassle?
Just for a convenience thing:

Do you think it&#039;d be an idea to have a thread for terms that can be used in Flight Rising RPs?
Like, names for places and honourifics and things like that?

For example: &#039;The Sea of A Thousand Currents&#039; is unwieldy as hell. It could easily be uniformly cut down to &#039;The Thousand Sea&#039; to save space.

That&#039;s just one example. Anyone think it&#039;s worth the hassle?
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
What if we want to use our dragons as said images?
What if we want to use our dragons as said images?
rwhF6sU.png
Question: English isn&#039;t my native tongue and while I DID rp before on several sites... here is the first that I came across the terms "semi-lit" and "full-lit"
What do those mean?
Are they like ff-style and *...*-style?

Sorry if that is an utterly stupid and/or redundant question...
Question: English isn&#039;t my native tongue and while I DID rp before on several sites... here is the first that I came across the terms "semi-lit" and "full-lit"
What do those mean?
Are they like ff-style and *...*-style?

Sorry if that is an utterly stupid and/or redundant question...
tumblr_inline_n2su7aurEP1qkt982.png
@SemiramisAudron
"Semi" and "Full" lit are just the levels of literacy you have. Semi-lit, I like to think of as very lenient with grammar; you can have mistakes and not get called out a lot, it&#039;s a learning experience really. But Full-lit is like if you have a good grasp of grammar/the english language and can build paragraphs of replies with it with very few grammar mistakes and can follow the plot with a pretty good eye.

Not a stupid question at all! You&#039;d be surprised the amount of people who are confused by everyday roleplay terms. :)
@SemiramisAudron
"Semi" and "Full" lit are just the levels of literacy you have. Semi-lit, I like to think of as very lenient with grammar; you can have mistakes and not get called out a lot, it&#039;s a learning experience really. But Full-lit is like if you have a good grasp of grammar/the english language and can build paragraphs of replies with it with very few grammar mistakes and can follow the plot with a pretty good eye.

Not a stupid question at all! You&#039;d be surprised the amount of people who are confused by everyday roleplay terms. :)
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
@LostEventide
Just as a suggestion, since the above person made the inquiry, I think that a little tidbit on literacy levels could help people out (though it is a touchy topic, in my experience).

I was curious if you knew any role play restrictions set by the website?
I&#039;ve read the terms of service a few times, but I don&#039;t think it ever really covered it.
To be more specific, I have a gifted plot in mind I think the people of FR may enjoy...
However, it is very graphic and would involve a lot of deaths, and possibly all around more mature references/material.
Would you happen to know if this is allowed?
@LostEventide
Just as a suggestion, since the above person made the inquiry, I think that a little tidbit on literacy levels could help people out (though it is a touchy topic, in my experience).

I was curious if you knew any role play restrictions set by the website?
I&#039;ve read the terms of service a few times, but I don&#039;t think it ever really covered it.
To be more specific, I have a gifted plot in mind I think the people of FR may enjoy...
However, it is very graphic and would involve a lot of deaths, and possibly all around more mature references/material.
Would you happen to know if this is allowed?
tumblr_n5195qneZ01scuu34o2_500.png
@Pine

I do not know the exact stance concerning things of graphic/violent nature on FR because I am not an avid roleplayer here myself (at least not yet - time constraints have just not allowed me to get involved in any of the ongoing RPs as much as I would like to), and I haven&#039;t been able to find information topics concerning it myself, but it does seem like excessive swearing and the like is frowned upon here seeing there are younger members (as 13 is the minimum age to join).

Just as a personal guideline that I use, if younger members are present, I tend to shy away from more mature roleplays when there is a possibility they may get involved. Basically, I try to keep things PG-13 and under (so there may be some blood, death, inferences, etc.) but nothing super graphic, that way you can be sure that you aren&#039;t writing anything that may be too graphic for these younger users.

For instance, Jurassic Park was PG-13 - dinosaurs killed people, and there was blood, but details were omitted, compared to something like Saw, where it was clearly incredibly gorey.

If you aren&#039;t totally sure though, I would consult a mod / admin, seeing I am neither of those and wouldn&#039;t be able to say for sure, and I&#039;d hate for someone to get in trouble because the guideline I use is not the same one the site uses.

As for literacy levels, I&#039;ll add something about that once the site loads a bit more readily for me =3 I apologise to everyone that I haven&#039;t been monitoring this thread as much as I should have - I&#039;m not getting alerted of replies unless people ping me it seems, despite being subscribed to the thread.
@Pine

I do not know the exact stance concerning things of graphic/violent nature on FR because I am not an avid roleplayer here myself (at least not yet - time constraints have just not allowed me to get involved in any of the ongoing RPs as much as I would like to), and I haven&#039;t been able to find information topics concerning it myself, but it does seem like excessive swearing and the like is frowned upon here seeing there are younger members (as 13 is the minimum age to join).

Just as a personal guideline that I use, if younger members are present, I tend to shy away from more mature roleplays when there is a possibility they may get involved. Basically, I try to keep things PG-13 and under (so there may be some blood, death, inferences, etc.) but nothing super graphic, that way you can be sure that you aren&#039;t writing anything that may be too graphic for these younger users.

For instance, Jurassic Park was PG-13 - dinosaurs killed people, and there was blood, but details were omitted, compared to something like Saw, where it was clearly incredibly gorey.

If you aren&#039;t totally sure though, I would consult a mod / admin, seeing I am neither of those and wouldn&#039;t be able to say for sure, and I&#039;d hate for someone to get in trouble because the guideline I use is not the same one the site uses.

As for literacy levels, I&#039;ll add something about that once the site loads a bit more readily for me =3 I apologise to everyone that I haven&#039;t been monitoring this thread as much as I should have - I&#039;m not getting alerted of replies unless people ping me it seems, despite being subscribed to the thread.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
@LostEventide
Ah, that&#039;s a good policy. (:
In any case, I will definitely consult an admin, and when I get an answer, I&#039;ll be sure to let you know.

Yes, I wouldn&#039;t be in too much of a hurry, if I were you.
The site is driving me nuts with bugs. xD
@LostEventide
Ah, that&#039;s a good policy. (:
In any case, I will definitely consult an admin, and when I get an answer, I&#039;ll be sure to let you know.

Yes, I wouldn&#039;t be in too much of a hurry, if I were you.
The site is driving me nuts with bugs. xD
tumblr_n5195qneZ01scuu34o2_500.png
I&#039;ll go ahead and stick my head in here and say that all RP should be kept at the appropriate level for this website, which is T for teen. Anything excessively graphic is not a good idea.

Any sort of romance that goes beyond a T for teen level is a no no as well.
I&#039;ll go ahead and stick my head in here and say that all RP should be kept at the appropriate level for this website, which is T for teen. Anything excessively graphic is not a good idea.

Any sort of romance that goes beyond a T for teen level is a no no as well.
@Amalythia

Thanks for the clarification!
@Amalythia

Thanks for the clarification!
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12