Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Necros at the Wyrmwound!
1 2
[size=1][b]General Interest/Lore Pinglists[/b] @3idolon @kava @Mnkn10 @Hexingisfun @Lukas1997 @Shadari @Moonseed @Halua @Agonist @Minona @SashaFiredrake @knockoutbd @Pebz @kmrikkari @Balam @StDuke @Bara2684 @reotheleo @vengeful @foxghosts @EssayOfThoughts @Horseleech @Shadowfire1223 @ToxicSugar @Gilbunny @nightstreet @XxCalypsoxX @Scorpiontail @TextbookHumor @WolfandCrow @Pebz @WolfTrickster @Meilkor @Turboblaze @Blightwyrm @FelinaeFatale[/size] [center][color=limegreen][b][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]Welcome to our first Necro Community RP![/b][/color][/font][/center] [color=B40404][b]I have never done an RP thread before, so this will serve as a very casual and "lite" collaborative storytelling prompt intended for the Necromancer subspecies community to celebrate RoR festivities together! Below are a few guidelines:[/color] [color=black][b]1)[/b] [i]Participants[/i] must be a part of the Necromancer community or at least familiar with the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017/1#post_32546066]subspecies[/url]; [i]characters[/i] don't necessarily have to be (i.e. RP dragons not restricted to just your Necromancer/Servus/Ghoul dragons) [color=black][b]2)[/b] To sign up simply join in! On your first post, describe who has shown up to the Wyrmwound and who they brought with them (up to 3 characters-- can be dergs, familiars etc.). State who they interact with or what actions they take. [color=black][b]3)[/b] In order to interact with another user's character, please ping the user and indicate which characters are engaging (list both yours and theirs). [b]format example:[/b] @TheCell | Buster, Ichorclaw Buster walked over to Ichorclaw and barked a gruff hello.[/b] [color=black][b]4)[/b] You can interact with multiple characters, just be sure to put the "ping|character" heading above each RP entry so users can easily find what to respond to. [color=black][b]5)[/b] No strict guidelines on response length. Write a sentence or a book; doesn't matter to me! I'll be writing a book because I haven't been doing Inktober, and I have a muse to scratch and character development to hash out. Feel free to be just as indulgent or simple in using your characters and lore. [color=black][b]6)[/b] If you are saying something (opposed to your character saying something) use (( )) to bookend your words apart from your RP [color=black][b]7)[/b] Have fun, and if you all enjoy this, we will plan on more for the future! Feel free to PM me suggestions, comments, complaints! [url=http://ammoth.tumblr.com/post/110092763801][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/aed6377eb396abbaa7338900db5baea2/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o9_1280.png[/img][/url] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][b]The prompt...[/b][/font][/size] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28336986] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283370/28336986_350.png[/img][nextcol][size=4][b]Ichorclaw[/b] clambered down from the gnarled rocks that made up the basin of the Pustule Lake. He had been meditating at Her cauldron for nearly half the day and perspiration teased his brow. He traversed the rubble with a few calculated hops. His spiny scales, hardened from his Trials, rattled which each of his steps. The noise was like a dissonant wind chime and preceded him, becoming a hallmark of his approach to those that knew him, and as such, alerted to his presence, a weathered, old Guardian ambled over to his side. Her height was at least five times that of his and her form was eclipsed in a quilt of disease so dense that she appeared more Rot than dragon. At her feet was an upturned skull. It was too weathered to easily identify to whom it once belonged, but in tact enough to act as a rudimentary water skin. She pushed it towards him with a subtle gesture of her claw.[/columns] "I'm fine, [b]Yafim[/b]." He regarded his Necroservus with a small nod before gazing off, scouring the horizon. To honor the Riot of Rot celebration this year he had decided to retrace his pilgrimage from his birth clan of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=210227]Outfit Vector[/url] to the Wyrmwound. It was the rout he had taken as a pup when he was selected to undergo Her Trials. Now grown and a seasoned Necromancer, Ichorclaw chose to counsel those that too wished to earn Her gaze and undergo the Necromancer Trials. It was apart of his grandiose plan of growth through multiplication. He envisioned a future with a Necromancer and Necroservus for every clan of Sornieth, and stoked his vision with every breath of his sermons, every heaping of Her praise, and with every impassioned, diseased baptism and rotted work of contagion. And thus Ichorclaw sat upon the red earth on one of the most venerated of days at one of most hallowed of grounds awaiting those who dared do the same, for the path to the Wyrmwound was not for the faint of heart. Would he meet fellow Necromancers or perhaps those who newly ventured to begin Her tasks? He reflected on such things, lost in thought. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28627224] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/286273/28627224_350.png[/img][/center] His musings were interrupted by a familiar shriek and the hastening of encroaching footsteps. Before he could think to bolt for higher ground, a wiry Wildclaw had charged upon him and skidded to an abrupt halt, kicking up the acerbic dust and goo of the Wasteland. She let out another excited shriek that sounded somewhere between a canid's bark and bird's cry. Her eyes, as crackled and red as the evolving ground, glinted in every facet with impishness as she studied him. Ichorclaw was silent for a beat before letting out a small flourish of sneezes and a grumble. The Guardian turned to them, her features grave. "'The omen of the Plague sneeze: If once, good germs be traded among friends, if twice ill words instead among enemies,'" she recited reflexively. Ichorclaw squinted at her without riposte and then gawped between the Wildclaw, the rows of particulates still clinging to the air, and back to the Guardian. She was as stony as ever. He opened his mouth in retort, but the effort culminated in a sigh and a slow head shake, an expression between bemusement and exasperation at his lips. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42350779] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/423508/42350779_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][size=4] "[b]Klebsiella[/b], did you find any dragons of interest?" He uttered at last. "Not particularly," the Wildclaw replied. "The land is covered in the dead and near dead as usual here. I grew bored and returned to you." "How on Sornieth did you have the patience to stay put for 23 days during your trials? Borrow some of that resolve, why don't you...," he returned. His conversation with the novice Necromancer halted, however, when he caught sight of movement in the distance. Another dragon appeared to be approaching the trio...
General Interest/Lore Pinglists @3idolon @kava @Mnkn10 @Hexingisfun @Lukas1997 @Shadari @Moonseed @Halua @Agonist @Minona @SashaFiredrake @knockoutbd @Pebz @kmrikkari @Balam @StDuke @Bara2684 @reotheleo @vengeful @foxghosts @EssayOfThoughts @Horseleech @Shadowfire1223 @ToxicSugar @Gilbunny @nightstreet @XxCalypsoxX @Scorpiontail @TextbookHumor @WolfandCrow @Pebz @WolfTrickster @Meilkor @Turboblaze @Blightwyrm @FelinaeFatale

Welcome to our first Necro Community RP!

I have never done an RP thread before, so this will serve as a very casual and "lite" collaborative storytelling prompt intended for the Necromancer subspecies community to celebrate RoR festivities together! Below are a few guidelines:

1) Participants must be a part of the Necromancer community or at least familiar with the subspecies; characters don't necessarily have to be (i.e. RP dragons not restricted to just your Necromancer/Servus/Ghoul dragons)

2) To sign up simply join in! On your first post, describe who has shown up to the Wyrmwound and who they brought with them (up to 3 characters-- can be dergs, familiars etc.). State who they interact with or what actions they take.

3) In order to interact with another user's character, please ping the user and indicate which characters are engaging (list both yours and theirs).

format example: @TheCell | Buster, Ichorclaw

Buster walked over to Ichorclaw and barked a gruff hello.

4) You can interact with multiple characters, just be sure to put the "ping|character" heading above each RP entry so users can easily find what to respond to.

5) No strict guidelines on response length. Write a sentence or a book; doesn't matter to me! I'll be writing a book because I haven't been doing Inktober, and I have a muse to scratch and character development to hash out. Feel free to be just as indulgent or simple in using your characters and lore.

6) If you are saying something (opposed to your character saying something) use (( )) to bookend your words apart from your RP

7) Have fun, and if you all enjoy this, we will plan on more for the future! Feel free to PM me suggestions, comments, complaints!

tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o9_1280.png

The prompt...

28336986_350.png
Ichorclaw clambered down from the gnarled rocks that made up the basin of the Pustule Lake. He had been meditating at Her cauldron for nearly half the day and perspiration teased his brow. He traversed the rubble with a few calculated hops. His spiny scales, hardened from his Trials, rattled which each of his steps. The noise was like a dissonant wind chime and preceded him, becoming a hallmark of his approach to those that knew him, and as such, alerted to his presence, a weathered, old Guardian ambled over to his side. Her height was at least five times that of his and her form was eclipsed in a quilt of disease so dense that she appeared more Rot than dragon. At her feet was an upturned skull. It was too weathered to easily identify to whom it once belonged, but in tact enough to act as a rudimentary water skin. She pushed it towards him with a subtle gesture of her claw.

"I'm fine, Yafim." He regarded his Necroservus with a small nod before gazing off, scouring the horizon. To honor the Riot of Rot celebration this year he had decided to retrace his pilgrimage from his birth clan of Outfit Vector to the Wyrmwound. It was the rout he had taken as a pup when he was selected to undergo Her Trials.

Now grown and a seasoned Necromancer, Ichorclaw chose to counsel those that too wished to earn Her gaze and undergo the Necromancer Trials. It was apart of his grandiose plan of growth through multiplication. He envisioned a future with a Necromancer and Necroservus for every clan of Sornieth, and stoked his vision with every breath of his sermons, every heaping of Her praise, and with every impassioned, diseased baptism and rotted work of contagion. And thus Ichorclaw sat upon the red earth on one of the most venerated of days at one of most hallowed of grounds awaiting those who dared do the same, for the path to the Wyrmwound was not for the faint of heart. Would he meet fellow Necromancers or perhaps those who newly ventured to begin Her tasks? He reflected on such things, lost in thought.

His musings were interrupted by a familiar shriek and the hastening of encroaching footsteps. Before he could think to bolt for higher ground, a wiry Wildclaw had charged upon him and skidded to an abrupt halt, kicking up the acerbic dust and goo of the Wasteland. She let out another excited shriek that sounded somewhere between a canid's bark and bird's cry. Her eyes, as crackled and red as the evolving ground, glinted in every facet with impishness as she studied him. Ichorclaw was silent for a beat before letting out a small flourish of sneezes and a grumble. The Guardian turned to them, her features grave.

"'The omen of the Plague sneeze: If once, good germs be traded among friends, if twice ill words instead among enemies,'" she recited reflexively. Ichorclaw squinted at her without riposte and then gawped between the Wildclaw, the rows of particulates still clinging to the air, and back to the Guardian. She was as stony as ever. He opened his mouth in retort, but the effort culminated in a sigh and a slow head shake, an expression between bemusement and exasperation at his lips.

42350779_350.png

"Klebsiella, did you find any dragons of interest?" He uttered at last.

"Not particularly," the Wildclaw replied. "The land is covered in the dead and near dead as usual here. I grew bored and returned to you."

"How on Sornieth did you have the patience to stay put for 23 days during your trials? Borrow some of that resolve, why don't you...," he returned. His conversation with the novice Necromancer halted, however, when he caught sight of movement in the distance.

Another dragon appeared to be approaching the trio...
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
<reserved for something important I probably forgot>
<reserved for something important I probably forgot>
@TheCell ((Can I hop in here? I know it’s a little late in RoR, but I want to work with my Necro before I write up his lore. If not I’ll just delete this.)) ((Also for the record, Black Hawk is a drag queen as well as Necromancer, and female pronouns only apply to him while he’s in drag, though he uses male pronouns most of the time.)) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=45984721&skin=0&apparel=26555,1751,1749,26556,26560,26561,26557,15715,15755,308&xt=dressing.png[/img] Black Hawk, or, more accurately, “Masquerade, of the house of Embers” bounded towards the place where three distant Necros were visible. In full drag, the high spirited Necromancer skidded to a stop, and gave her elder a small bow somewhere in between respectful and cheeky. Black Hawk knew he probably shouldn’t have shown up to pay respects to Her, and maybe meet up with a few older, more experienced Necros in his drag persona, but... he was already considered a disappointment by most Necromancers who knew him, and he figured showing up as Masquerade wouldn’t make his situation any [i]worse.[/i] And She did not seem to care - messages and omens still appeared to him fairly frequently, and his magic still ran strong. “Hello darlings!” The drag queen greeted. “I’m Masquerade of the House of Embers - though most know me as Black Hawk, and [i]apparently[/i] I’m here to liven up this little party.” She flicked her crests at them with an air of distain. “Buuuuut I suppose if you’d rather skip the dancing- oh, hold on a moment - TY, MY GLOWING RED NAILS ARE FADING GET YOUR SORRY SELF OVA HERE GURL - if you’d rather skip the dancing my pseudo-Servus should be along in a moment with my normal cl-” Masquerade froze, still examining her nails, when a voice rolled over hers. “The heck did you just call me?” Masquerade glanced back over her shoulder at the newly arrived, muscular male skydancer looming behind her. “Gurl?” She tried, hopeful. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41070627&skin=0&apparel=11202,19652,26139&xt=dressing.png[/img] “Don’t play me for a fool, Masquerade. I’m dying, not an idiot. And I’m definitly not some Necroservus at your beck and call, Pseudo or otherwise.” The skydancer glared at his companion for a moment before casting a kind, apologetic look to the guardian that was one of the dragons Black Hawk had greeted. “No offense meant to any real Necroservus in company. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He gave the Guardian a winning smile before addressing the trio as a whole. “A pleasure to meet all of you I’m sure. I’m Tybalt, Black Hawk’s official body guard and unofficial drag mom. And,” Suddenly Tybalt drew himself up, fluffing out his feathers and taking on his drag persona for a moment, despite being out of costume. “If y’all give my girl a hassle for bein’ too whatever-the-fuck, well, a girl ain’t got no time for that and we’ll be takin’ ahselves out an doin whateva it is my girl thinks she gotta do elsewhere an I tell ya I’m just [i]dyin[/i] ova here while y’all is busy meditatin. Makes it hard to stay turnt.” He did his best to stare down his nose at the larger dragons, then relaxed, grumbling under his breath. “Also please don’t do your freaky death magic tricks on me. I’ve already got one terminal illness and I’d rather you just tried to kill me out right.” “Don’t mind him.” Masquerade sighed, lapsing back into Black Hawk’s less high maintenance mannerisms. “He’s just grumpy ‘cause he had to carry my normal outfit all the way out here. So how’s your RoR going? Oh, and what’s all your names?” He hoped no one would try to kill him or Tybalt right off the bat. Black Hawk certainly wasn’t the most orthodox of Necromancers, but he had news that should make the more traditional types happy. Probably. Hopefully.
@TheCell
((Can I hop in here? I know it’s a little late in RoR, but I want to work with my Necro before I write up his lore. If not I’ll just delete this.)) ((Also for the record, Black Hawk is a drag queen as well as Necromancer, and female pronouns only apply to him while he’s in drag, though he uses male pronouns most of the time.))
dragon?did=45984721&skin=0&apparel=26555,1751,1749,26556,26560,26561,26557,15715,15755,308&xt=dressing.png
Black Hawk, or, more accurately, “Masquerade, of the house of Embers” bounded towards the place where three distant Necros were visible. In full drag, the high spirited Necromancer skidded to a stop, and gave her elder a small bow somewhere in between respectful and cheeky.

Black Hawk knew he probably shouldn’t have shown up to pay respects to Her, and maybe meet up with a few older, more experienced Necros in his drag persona, but... he was already considered a disappointment by most Necromancers who knew him, and he figured showing up as Masquerade wouldn’t make his situation any worse. And She did not seem to care - messages and omens still appeared to him fairly frequently, and his magic still ran strong.

“Hello darlings!” The drag queen greeted. “I’m Masquerade of the House of Embers - though most know me as Black Hawk, and apparently I’m here to liven up this little party.” She flicked her crests at them with an air of distain. “Buuuuut I suppose if you’d rather skip the dancing- oh, hold on a moment - TY, MY GLOWING RED NAILS ARE FADING GET YOUR SORRY SELF OVA HERE GURL - if you’d rather skip the dancing my pseudo-Servus should be along in a moment with my normal cl-” Masquerade froze, still examining her nails, when a voice rolled over hers.

“The heck did you just call me?”

Masquerade glanced back over her shoulder at the newly arrived, muscular male skydancer looming behind her. “Gurl?” She tried, hopeful.
dragon?did=41070627&skin=0&apparel=11202,19652,26139&xt=dressing.png
“Don’t play me for a fool, Masquerade. I’m dying, not an idiot. And I’m definitly not some Necroservus at your beck and call, Pseudo or otherwise.” The skydancer glared at his companion for a moment before casting a kind, apologetic look to the guardian that was one of the dragons Black Hawk had greeted. “No offense meant to any real Necroservus in company. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He gave the Guardian a winning smile before addressing the trio as a whole. “A pleasure to meet all of you I’m sure. I’m Tybalt, Black Hawk’s official body guard and unofficial drag mom. And,” Suddenly Tybalt drew himself up, fluffing out his feathers and taking on his drag persona for a moment, despite being out of costume. “If y’all give my girl a hassle for bein’ too whatever-the-****, well, a girl ain’t got no time for that and we’ll be takin’ ahselves out an doin whateva it is my girl thinks she gotta do elsewhere an I tell ya I’m just dyin ova here while y’all is busy meditatin. Makes it hard to stay turnt.” He did his best to stare down his nose at the larger dragons, then relaxed, grumbling under his breath. “Also please don’t do your freaky death magic tricks on me. I’ve already got one terminal illness and I’d rather you just tried to kill me out right.”

“Don’t mind him.” Masquerade sighed, lapsing back into Black Hawk’s less high maintenance mannerisms. “He’s just grumpy ‘cause he had to carry my normal outfit all the way out here. So how’s your RoR going? Oh, and what’s all your names?” He hoped no one would try to kill him or Tybalt right off the bat. Black Hawk certainly wasn’t the most orthodox of Necromancers, but he had news that should make the more traditional types happy. Probably. Hopefully.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@SashaFiredrake | BlackHawk, Tybalt with Ich, Yafim, Kleb

Ichorclaw had silently observed the eccentric duo with little more than a cocked head and raised eyebrow, at least until the end when the voice of Black Hawk peaked through the veneer of Masquerade and jogged something familiar.

"S...son?" He drummed his claws on the earth subconsciously as he searched for words. It was not often that he found himself tongue-tied. "You look well," he managed, curiosity infusing his words. "Have you taken jewels as your Necromantic symbol?"

Beside him, Yafim smiled wide, an understated amusement shone in her eyes as she looked between her master and the newcomers. Accomplished Necromancer or not, Ichorclaw was naive concerning the world. Having hardly traveled further than the Wyrmwound. She nodded at the Skydancer, unperturbed by his words, and merely waited.

Klebsiella took a step forward, mesmerized by the jewels and feathers. Her instinct was to be on guard with strangers, a stiffness that she wore clearly in her body language. If this was Ichorclaw and Mina's son, however, then that made them practically family. She would be sure to introduce herself to Black Hawk, but at the moment allowed he and Ichorclaw to catch up. She turned to Tybalt and disarmed her tone as she addressed him.

"I'm Klebsiella. What brings you to the Wyrmwound? Were you looking for a cure for your ailment perhaps? With three Necromancers present we could give it a go if you felt up to it," she paused and then after a moment added an upbeat, "Happy Riot of Rot."

((Oh and I hope I got the pronouns correct. Let me know if I need to change something. I went with male pronouns based on the last paragraph of your post))
@SashaFiredrake | BlackHawk, Tybalt with Ich, Yafim, Kleb

Ichorclaw had silently observed the eccentric duo with little more than a cocked head and raised eyebrow, at least until the end when the voice of Black Hawk peaked through the veneer of Masquerade and jogged something familiar.

"S...son?" He drummed his claws on the earth subconsciously as he searched for words. It was not often that he found himself tongue-tied. "You look well," he managed, curiosity infusing his words. "Have you taken jewels as your Necromantic symbol?"

Beside him, Yafim smiled wide, an understated amusement shone in her eyes as she looked between her master and the newcomers. Accomplished Necromancer or not, Ichorclaw was naive concerning the world. Having hardly traveled further than the Wyrmwound. She nodded at the Skydancer, unperturbed by his words, and merely waited.

Klebsiella took a step forward, mesmerized by the jewels and feathers. Her instinct was to be on guard with strangers, a stiffness that she wore clearly in her body language. If this was Ichorclaw and Mina's son, however, then that made them practically family. She would be sure to introduce herself to Black Hawk, but at the moment allowed he and Ichorclaw to catch up. She turned to Tybalt and disarmed her tone as she addressed him.

"I'm Klebsiella. What brings you to the Wyrmwound? Were you looking for a cure for your ailment perhaps? With three Necromancers present we could give it a go if you felt up to it," she paused and then after a moment added an upbeat, "Happy Riot of Rot."

((Oh and I hope I got the pronouns correct. Let me know if I need to change something. I went with male pronouns based on the last paragraph of your post))
@TheCell | BlackHawk, Tybalt with Ich, Yafim, Kleb

Black Hawk beamed when his dad recognized him, despite the outfit and time that had passed since they had last spoken. “Yup! It’s me. I’m doing... generally pretty well. Our clan leader was very untrusting with me at first, but I’m so easy going and unorthodox that he’s now quite happy to come to me for council.” He glanced down at his outfit when Ichorclaw mentioned picking jewels. “Oh, uh, no. This is just my one of my drag outfits. Bones are my Necromatic symbol. I’m just not wearing them at the moment. Honestly if I went with jewels I don’t think I would be alive right now. Clan Leader Kaz doesn’t like competition and is quick to exterminate anything he thinks could be a threat. But I’m great at reading omens and receiving Her will, so I played to my strengths! Tybalt has my normal outfit.”

Tybalt promptly dumped a bundle of cloth, armor, and bones on one of the tall, spikey protrusions that rose up around the Wyrmwound. “Yup. And it’s right here if you want to change.”
BlackHawk
((his normal outfit looks like this, and these are what Tybalt set down))

Once Tybalt had relieved himself of the bundle of cloth, he turned to greet the Wildclaw that approached him. “Wonderful to meet you, Klebsiella. I’m just keeping an eye on the kid. Y’know, making sure he’s safe from things his magic won’t kill and giving him company. And stopping him from doing reckless things by doing them first.” He flashed his fangs in a momentary smile at that last statement, but it faded fast as he shook his head. “I didn’t come looking for help, no. The ‘sickness’ that’s killing me is really just an over abundance of battle magic. My body can’t handle it and it’s slowly but steadily growing, and slowly but steadily killing me. Like a tumor. So... if I start coughing up blood, that would be why. Not, like, tuberculosis or something. Sooo... if you could do something about that I’m sure my boyfriend-who-swears-he-isn’t-my-boyfriend would appreciate it, but I’m not expecting to get cured. I plan to die doing something especially heroic and stupid. Like trying to kill an Emperor. Just go out in one big, final blaze of glory.” With that, he smiled, totally unperturbed by the fact that he was discussing his own death. “Happy Riot of Rot to you too, darlin- OW!” He shot Black Hawk another glare, since the Mirror’s tale had just whipped him in the side.

“Don’t flirt with random Necromancers.” Black Hawk chided.

“It’s a subconscious thing at this point, Black Hawk. I can’t help but throw in the occasional ‘darling’ or ‘beautiful.’”

“Well that’s why you need to work on making sure you’re conscious of it, Ty.”

“Why the heck would you want to make me stop subconsciously flirting? I think it’s a wonderful thing.” Tybalt declared, tossing his head as if he was wearing a kelpie mane. He ignored any further comments made by Black Hawk and focused on Klebsiella, grumbling something about how Black Hawk was unnapreciative of Tybalt’s efforts under his breath.
@TheCell | BlackHawk, Tybalt with Ich, Yafim, Kleb

Black Hawk beamed when his dad recognized him, despite the outfit and time that had passed since they had last spoken. “Yup! It’s me. I’m doing... generally pretty well. Our clan leader was very untrusting with me at first, but I’m so easy going and unorthodox that he’s now quite happy to come to me for council.” He glanced down at his outfit when Ichorclaw mentioned picking jewels. “Oh, uh, no. This is just my one of my drag outfits. Bones are my Necromatic symbol. I’m just not wearing them at the moment. Honestly if I went with jewels I don’t think I would be alive right now. Clan Leader Kaz doesn’t like competition and is quick to exterminate anything he thinks could be a threat. But I’m great at reading omens and receiving Her will, so I played to my strengths! Tybalt has my normal outfit.”

Tybalt promptly dumped a bundle of cloth, armor, and bones on one of the tall, spikey protrusions that rose up around the Wyrmwound. “Yup. And it’s right here if you want to change.”
BlackHawk
((his normal outfit looks like this, and these are what Tybalt set down))

Once Tybalt had relieved himself of the bundle of cloth, he turned to greet the Wildclaw that approached him. “Wonderful to meet you, Klebsiella. I’m just keeping an eye on the kid. Y’know, making sure he’s safe from things his magic won’t kill and giving him company. And stopping him from doing reckless things by doing them first.” He flashed his fangs in a momentary smile at that last statement, but it faded fast as he shook his head. “I didn’t come looking for help, no. The ‘sickness’ that’s killing me is really just an over abundance of battle magic. My body can’t handle it and it’s slowly but steadily growing, and slowly but steadily killing me. Like a tumor. So... if I start coughing up blood, that would be why. Not, like, tuberculosis or something. Sooo... if you could do something about that I’m sure my boyfriend-who-swears-he-isn’t-my-boyfriend would appreciate it, but I’m not expecting to get cured. I plan to die doing something especially heroic and stupid. Like trying to kill an Emperor. Just go out in one big, final blaze of glory.” With that, he smiled, totally unperturbed by the fact that he was discussing his own death. “Happy Riot of Rot to you too, darlin- OW!” He shot Black Hawk another glare, since the Mirror’s tale had just whipped him in the side.

“Don’t flirt with random Necromancers.” Black Hawk chided.

“It’s a subconscious thing at this point, Black Hawk. I can’t help but throw in the occasional ‘darling’ or ‘beautiful.’”

“Well that’s why you need to work on making sure you’re conscious of it, Ty.”

“Why the heck would you want to make me stop subconsciously flirting? I think it’s a wonderful thing.” Tybalt declared, tossing his head as if he was wearing a kelpie mane. He ignored any further comments made by Black Hawk and focused on Klebsiella, grumbling something about how Black Hawk was unnapreciative of Tybalt’s efforts under his breath.
Call me Six
they/them
@TheCell @SashaFiredrake (I was waiting for someone to grow up first so here we go! Also we're going to pretend that Argyria is a mirror already) Slowly a trio of dragons approached. An Imperial lead the way, followed by two Mirrors. Malin, was looking annoyed with the darker Mirror that kept groaning and complaining. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41888768] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418888/41888768_350.png[/img] [/url] "Alymur'ss stop your whining, We're here." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37930270] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379303/37930270_350.png[/img] [/url] "I still don't see why you brought [i]ME[/i] along. Could you not bring [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=357005&did=37930271]Kobort[/url]? He's better at these things than I!" Malin snorted at her and shook his head, while the other Mirror snickered under her breath. "I told you, You are clan leader. And as such it is your duty to be a bridge to other groups. And Argyria, as One Gifted from mother's clasp, you should be taking this more seriously." The laughing Mirror stopped and looked down sorry to have upset the older Necromancer. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46388922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/463890/46388922_350.png[/img] [/url] "Sorry, Malin. I'll behave." Alymur'ss about to utter a rebuttal when Malin stomped a large paw in front on her and growled softly. "Behave, Alymur'ss. . .We are not alone anymore." He gave a grin and approached the gathered dragons "Ah! It's been a while. How has your travels been?"
@TheCell @SashaFiredrake (I was waiting for someone to grow up first so here we go! Also we're going to pretend that Argyria is a mirror already)

Slowly a trio of dragons approached. An Imperial lead the way, followed by two Mirrors. Malin, was looking annoyed with the darker Mirror that kept groaning and complaining.

41888768_350.png

"Alymur'ss stop your whining, We're here."

37930270_350.png

"I still don't see why you brought ME along. Could you not bring Kobort? He's better at these things than I!" Malin snorted at her and shook his head, while the other Mirror snickered under her breath.
"I told you, You are clan leader. And as such it is your duty to be a bridge to other groups. And Argyria, as One Gifted from mother's clasp, you should be taking this more seriously." The laughing Mirror stopped and looked down sorry to have upset the older Necromancer.

46388922_350.png

"Sorry, Malin. I'll behave."

Alymur'ss about to utter a rebuttal when Malin stomped a large paw in front on her and growled softly.
"Behave, Alymur'ss. . .We are not alone anymore." He gave a grin and approached the gathered dragons "Ah! It's been a while. How has your travels been?"
Hemolich_badge_100px.png Aether_Small.png
@RoaringSpector @SashaFiredrake

((Hey all! I have to finish up my piece for the Necro Lore spotlight tomorrow, so I've been writing for that. I'll be around tomorrow to respond to this thread!))
@RoaringSpector @SashaFiredrake

((Hey all! I have to finish up my piece for the Necro Lore spotlight tomorrow, so I've been writing for that. I'll be around tomorrow to respond to this thread!))
@SashaFiredrake | Ich with BlackHawk

"Ah, bones, very good," the priest stated as he glanced over the pile of apparel that had been dropped before them, "and I am pleased to hear that you discern Mother's will. Well done--" Before he could finish, Black Hawk's attention was abruptly ensnared by the Skydancer that had accompanied him. He watched as the Mirror turned from him and barked at his psuedo-servus? Friend? Ichorclaw grumbled and shook his head, making brief eyes with Klebsiella ensuring she felt safe amid the ruckus. Klebsiella beamed at him in response and he merely shrugged, returning his attention back to the impressive pile of bones the Mirror used as his Necromantic symbol.

Kleb with Tybalt

"I gather that there is never a dull moment between you two," Klebsiella surmised as Tybalt turned to face her once more. "What a curious ailment you have been cursed with. So if not for help, what brought you both to the Wyrmwound today? My father and I are here to make sacrifices to the Plaguebringer and to study the evolving contagions of her Cauldron. Him and Yafim moreso than me. He lives for the Riot of Rot and Plague Mom and she for disease. I'm along just to stretch my legs, to be perfectly fair. Oh, I also caught our sacrifices."

@RoaringSpector | Yafim with Malin, Alymur'ss, and Argyria

Yafim rose when she caught sight of the sizable Imperial and the two Mirrors that accompanied him. She wandered from where she had been perched to intercept them before they were to perturb her master. Upon noticing that the Imperial was indeed another Necromancer, she dipped her head to the ground once in an acknowledgement of respect.

"Greetings Necromancer, I am Yafim in service of Ichorclaw. Our travels went accordingly. No unpleasantness Beastclan or otherwise." Her general tenor remained steady, her voice between gravelly and rasping, "And who might these young germs be?" She inquired of the Mirror dragons.
@SashaFiredrake | Ich with BlackHawk

"Ah, bones, very good," the priest stated as he glanced over the pile of apparel that had been dropped before them, "and I am pleased to hear that you discern Mother's will. Well done--" Before he could finish, Black Hawk's attention was abruptly ensnared by the Skydancer that had accompanied him. He watched as the Mirror turned from him and barked at his psuedo-servus? Friend? Ichorclaw grumbled and shook his head, making brief eyes with Klebsiella ensuring she felt safe amid the ruckus. Klebsiella beamed at him in response and he merely shrugged, returning his attention back to the impressive pile of bones the Mirror used as his Necromantic symbol.

Kleb with Tybalt

"I gather that there is never a dull moment between you two," Klebsiella surmised as Tybalt turned to face her once more. "What a curious ailment you have been cursed with. So if not for help, what brought you both to the Wyrmwound today? My father and I are here to make sacrifices to the Plaguebringer and to study the evolving contagions of her Cauldron. Him and Yafim moreso than me. He lives for the Riot of Rot and Plague Mom and she for disease. I'm along just to stretch my legs, to be perfectly fair. Oh, I also caught our sacrifices."

@RoaringSpector | Yafim with Malin, Alymur'ss, and Argyria

Yafim rose when she caught sight of the sizable Imperial and the two Mirrors that accompanied him. She wandered from where she had been perched to intercept them before they were to perturb her master. Upon noticing that the Imperial was indeed another Necromancer, she dipped her head to the ground once in an acknowledgement of respect.

"Greetings Necromancer, I am Yafim in service of Ichorclaw. Our travels went accordingly. No unpleasantness Beastclan or otherwise." Her general tenor remained steady, her voice between gravelly and rasping, "And who might these young germs be?" She inquired of the Mirror dragons.
@TheCell | Black Hawk with Ich

Black Hawk was very happy that his father was pleased by his symbol and skill set. He ignored Tybalt’s mumbling as he dipped his head in apology to Ichorclaw. “Sorry about that. I’ve gotten pretty used to hanging out with Tybalt and his family, so I’m pretty casual around him. He’s the one who got me into the clan, actually. Made the argument that if anyone would have some idea of how to slow his ‘illness’ it would be a necromancer. But since it isn’t really an illness, I haven’t been able to do much. But Kaz has decided I’m useful, so he hasn’t murdered me yet. I’m sure the fact that I sleep in Tybalt’s spare bedroom helps. Nobody wants to be the dragon who has to break into the home of the clan’s best warrior. And sort of boyfriend of the King of the group of dragons that acts as Kaz’s favorite muscle. So I’m pretty safe, even if Kaz does decide having a Necro of any sort is too much of a threat to his authority.” As he had been rambling, Black Hawk had shucked off much of his drag outfit, and was pulling on some of the peices of his much more practical normal outfit. “Do you think I can convince Tybalt to carry my clothes again? Eh, probably not. And if he does agree to it it’s probably because he has some big favor he needs. Or he’s got some moderately nasty vengeance in stock.” Black Hawk wrinkled his muzzle.
| Tybalt with Klebsiella

Tybalt grinned. “It’s hard to have a dull moment for long when I’m around. And in a relatively good mood.” His smile fell for a moment after that, replaced with a small grimace, but that faded in turn as he kept talking. “I’m here to look out for the kid. And. You know. Kill anything that might need killing. Maybe hook up with a guy or gal since if Rafael isn’t being my boyfriend right now that means I’m single!” Tybalt went from resting face to seriously angry to quite cheerful much faster than was probably healthy. “Or, like throw a party if I can find the people. Yeah I’m really just here for kicks.” He just smiled and kept on talking.
@TheCell | Black Hawk with Ich

Black Hawk was very happy that his father was pleased by his symbol and skill set. He ignored Tybalt’s mumbling as he dipped his head in apology to Ichorclaw. “Sorry about that. I’ve gotten pretty used to hanging out with Tybalt and his family, so I’m pretty casual around him. He’s the one who got me into the clan, actually. Made the argument that if anyone would have some idea of how to slow his ‘illness’ it would be a necromancer. But since it isn’t really an illness, I haven’t been able to do much. But Kaz has decided I’m useful, so he hasn’t murdered me yet. I’m sure the fact that I sleep in Tybalt’s spare bedroom helps. Nobody wants to be the dragon who has to break into the home of the clan’s best warrior. And sort of boyfriend of the King of the group of dragons that acts as Kaz’s favorite muscle. So I’m pretty safe, even if Kaz does decide having a Necro of any sort is too much of a threat to his authority.” As he had been rambling, Black Hawk had shucked off much of his drag outfit, and was pulling on some of the peices of his much more practical normal outfit. “Do you think I can convince Tybalt to carry my clothes again? Eh, probably not. And if he does agree to it it’s probably because he has some big favor he needs. Or he’s got some moderately nasty vengeance in stock.” Black Hawk wrinkled his muzzle.
| Tybalt with Klebsiella

Tybalt grinned. “It’s hard to have a dull moment for long when I’m around. And in a relatively good mood.” His smile fell for a moment after that, replaced with a small grimace, but that faded in turn as he kept talking. “I’m here to look out for the kid. And. You know. Kill anything that might need killing. Maybe hook up with a guy or gal since if Rafael isn’t being my boyfriend right now that means I’m single!” Tybalt went from resting face to seriously angry to quite cheerful much faster than was probably healthy. “Or, like throw a party if I can find the people. Yeah I’m really just here for kicks.” He just smiled and kept on talking.
Call me Six
they/them
@SashaFiredrake | Ich with Black Hawk

Ichorclaw seemed mildly impressed at how quickly the dragon seamlessly slipped from one regalia to the next. "Tell me more about this curse, Black Hawk. You mentioned the Skydancer is incurable to a Necromancer? What sort of ailment plagues him?" After a moment he added, "Do you not have a Necroservus to assist you yet? Perhaps you could find one here at the Wyrmwound to carry your items...or a rucksack."

~~~

Kleb with Tybalt

Klebsiella nodded slowly. "You sound like a fearsome fighter. Perhaps we should spar! I'm known as pretty handy with a blade myself, but Tybalt, I understand why you're here; why did the Mirror wish to make this difficult trek? Does he have business at the Wyrmwound? Or is he simply a dutiful Necromancer paying his respects to the Plaguebringer this season?"

@SashaFiredrake | Ich with Black Hawk

Ichorclaw seemed mildly impressed at how quickly the dragon seamlessly slipped from one regalia to the next. "Tell me more about this curse, Black Hawk. You mentioned the Skydancer is incurable to a Necromancer? What sort of ailment plagues him?" After a moment he added, "Do you not have a Necroservus to assist you yet? Perhaps you could find one here at the Wyrmwound to carry your items...or a rucksack."

~~~

Kleb with Tybalt

Klebsiella nodded slowly. "You sound like a fearsome fighter. Perhaps we should spar! I'm known as pretty handy with a blade myself, but Tybalt, I understand why you're here; why did the Mirror wish to make this difficult trek? Does he have business at the Wyrmwound? Or is he simply a dutiful Necromancer paying his respects to the Plaguebringer this season?"

1 2