Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [OOC/Open] The Dreamwatchers' Guild
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
*snorts* I like it though Anya will need to give him something to help stabilize his appearance a little more.

Edit: Most likely though he'll be under watch with how mischievous he is.
*snorts* I like it though Anya will need to give him something to help stabilize his appearance a little more.

Edit: Most likely though he'll be under watch with how mischievous he is.
All the more creativity to be spawned.
All the more creativity to be spawned.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
Indeed! You may post when ready. Anya is in her office on the fourth floor and may be waiting for Apep if he wants to speak now. The group is heading up to the second if he'd like to run into them.
Indeed! You may post when ready. Anya is in her office on the fourth floor and may be waiting for Apep if he wants to speak now. The group is heading up to the second if he'd like to run into them.
I can post now, besides, it's not like the group could escape him either way :> I'm assuming he'd have to harass a Keeper to allow him out of the ward and to Anya's office.

I sure do love tormenting npcs.
I can post now, besides, it's not like the group could escape him either way :> I'm assuming he'd have to harass a Keeper to allow him out of the ward and to Anya's office.

I sure do love tormenting npcs.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
yes he'd need to pester a Keeper and rip group eventually
yes he'd need to pester a Keeper and rip group eventually
@MerlynTheWolf

Appearance(Anime/Semi Realistic):
About 6'1", wiry build and pale skin. He's got dark brown hair that is starting to turn silver despite his young age, but he doesn't try to hide it at all. His hair is roughly cut to a medium length at the front, and is tied into a low ponytail at the back. He wears custom leather steel-capped boots, black dress pants, a navy blue t-shirt, a silver watch on his left hand, and a dark purple hoodie, which usually has the hood half-up. He also has a black tattoo covering the back of his hand and wrist, depicting a wire gauntlet with a simplified Eye of Horus on the centre of his hand.

Alterations(Unnatural eye color, fangs, horns, claws, etc.):
Ax's eyes are pure black, no sclera at all.

What Caused the Alerations(If there are any):
Getting his face beaten to a pulp by a wendigo. ("Real fun, you should try it." as he tends to say when asked.)

Character Name:
Alexander Whitewood (Goes by Ax, not Alex)

Race:

Human (Probably.)
Sexuality(optional):
(See above.)

Combat Skills(If Any):
Aikido, Fencing, and thrown weapons.

Preferred Weapons:?
A shortsword or (poisoned to the point of overkill) throwing darts

Magical Talents(If Any):
Well, he was supposed to go blind after the wendigo attack he lived through, yet he can still see. He actually has a 225 degree field of vision, as opposed to normal (aka he has extended peripheral vision), and has half the visual reaction time of a normal human, but he doesn't talk about it if he can avoid it. He can also see people, Dreamcreatures, and magic as "aura"-type colours, but he can block this out and usually does.

The Eye of Horus gauntlet tattoo is magical, glows when activated (enough to see about three meters or so), and has a calming effect on small animals, birds especially. It's also what Ax focuses all his power through. He tries to avoid over-relying on this, however, as too much of his magic can cause hypersensitivity, flash-freezing of anything his right hand touches, or in worse cases, can cause him to become hypothermic, and rarely --like the first time he pushed his limits-- to go into shock.

Role:
Bound

Why the Role Chosen(Years of Service, Lineage, Training):
The Whitewood family has been in the Dreamwatchers' Guild for several generations now. He grew up around this stuff.

Personality:
Easily irritated by other people, Ax firmly subscribes to the belief of "anything that can go wrong will go wrong". He is very statistically minded, able to do surprising levels of math in his head, especially due to his knack for estimating distances to within half a meter. As such, he doesn't make very close bonds with others, because he knows the exact statistical chance that they'll die in their line of work-- and is thoroughly convinced they will be one of the unlucky ones. The only way to soften his shell for a while is dark humour.

Despite all this, he's a surprisingly good leader, if only because, in the words of his father, "he could bluff his way through being God and even the devil wouldn't notice the difference".

Bio(Optional, Three sentences at least):
Ax was (as previously mentioned) born into this lifestyle. His family have been with the guild for generations, either Bound or simply on the security team. He would frequently talk with his parents about their line of work, as they were always going to make him join. He was always quite eager and excitable, and loved to challenge the odds.

Then he got disarmed by a Dream Creature in the form of a Wendigo, and well... his life spiralled downhill from there, according to him. That was the encounter where he gained his black eyes, and it's why he always feels drawn back to the area it happened-- the Snow Laden North. Only the higher ranks are fully aware of the incident.

Likes/Dislikes(optional):

Likes: Any task that's mindless, repetitive, and doesn't require other people. Also, falcons, the cold, meat (this dude would go carnivore if that was possible), and salty foods.
Dislikes: Bright lights (they make him sneeze), the colour gold, and when people speak languages around him that he doesn't understand.

Anything Extra/Important/Fun Fact:

Since he has half the reaction time of a normal person, that means he can react to something he sees in about 0.125 seconds.

I have an idea in mind for what's gonna happen to him over time alteration-wise, and it's why his race is put down as Human (probably).

He has contacts for when he's sick of people mentioning his altered eyes.

Also I had a theme song in the background while writing this.
This is still being updated for accuracy as the RP goes on.
@MerlynTheWolf

About 6'1", wiry build and pale skin. He's got dark brown hair that is starting to turn silver despite his young age, but he doesn't try to hide it at all. His hair is roughly cut to a medium length at the front, and is tied into a low ponytail at the back. He wears custom leather steel-capped boots, black dress pants, a navy blue t-shirt, a silver watch on his left hand, and a dark purple hoodie, which usually has the hood half-up. He also has a black tattoo covering the back of his hand and wrist, depicting a wire gauntlet with a simplified Eye of Horus on the centre of his hand.

Ax's eyes are pure black, no sclera at all.

Getting his face beaten to a pulp by a wendigo. ("Real fun, you should try it." as he tends to say when asked.)

Character Name:
Alexander Whitewood (Goes by Ax, not Alex)

Race:

Human (Probably.)
Sexuality(optional):
(See above.)

Combat Skills(If Any):
Aikido, Fencing, and thrown weapons.

Preferred Weapons:?
A shortsword or (poisoned to the point of overkill) throwing darts

Magical Talents(If Any):
Well, he was supposed to go blind after the wendigo attack he lived through, yet he can still see. He actually has a 225 degree field of vision, as opposed to normal (aka he has extended peripheral vision), and has half the visual reaction time of a normal human, but he doesn't talk about it if he can avoid it. He can also see people, Dreamcreatures, and magic as "aura"-type colours, but he can block this out and usually does.

The Eye of Horus gauntlet tattoo is magical, glows when activated (enough to see about three meters or so), and has a calming effect on small animals, birds especially. It's also what Ax focuses all his power through. He tries to avoid over-relying on this, however, as too much of his magic can cause hypersensitivity, flash-freezing of anything his right hand touches, or in worse cases, can cause him to become hypothermic, and rarely --like the first time he pushed his limits-- to go into shock.

Role:
Bound

Why the Role Chosen(Years of Service, Lineage, Training):
The Whitewood family has been in the Dreamwatchers' Guild for several generations now. He grew up around this stuff.

Personality:
Easily irritated by other people, Ax firmly subscribes to the belief of "anything that can go wrong will go wrong". He is very statistically minded, able to do surprising levels of math in his head, especially due to his knack for estimating distances to within half a meter. As such, he doesn't make very close bonds with others, because he knows the exact statistical chance that they'll die in their line of work-- and is thoroughly convinced they will be one of the unlucky ones. The only way to soften his shell for a while is dark humour.

Despite all this, he's a surprisingly good leader, if only because, in the words of his father, "he could bluff his way through being God and even the devil wouldn't notice the difference".

Ax was (as previously mentioned) born into this lifestyle. His family have been with the guild for generations, either Bound or simply on the security team. He would frequently talk with his parents about their line of work, as they were always going to make him join. He was always quite eager and excitable, and loved to challenge the odds.

Then he got disarmed by a Dream Creature in the form of a Wendigo, and well... his life spiralled downhill from there, according to him. That was the encounter where he gained his black eyes, and it's why he always feels drawn back to the area it happened-- the Snow Laden North. Only the higher ranks are fully aware of the incident.

Likes: Any task that's mindless, repetitive, and doesn't require other people. Also, falcons, the cold, meat (this dude would go carnivore if that was possible), and salty foods.
Dislikes: Bright lights (they make him sneeze), the colour gold, and when people speak languages around him that he doesn't understand.

Since he has half the reaction time of a normal person, that means he can react to something he sees in about 0.125 seconds.

I have an idea in mind for what's gonna happen to him over time alteration-wise, and it's why his race is put down as Human (probably).

He has contacts for when he's sick of people mentioning his altered eyes.

Also I had a theme song in the background while writing this.
This is still being updated for accuracy as the RP goes on.
@Jayflying
Approved & added! Feel free to post on the IC thread when ever and make sure to check the 'Current Events' post on the IC thread periodically since it'll change on occasion.
@Jayflying
Approved & added! Feel free to post on the IC thread when ever and make sure to check the 'Current Events' post on the IC thread periodically since it'll change on occasion.
This looks incredible and so fun, I’m gonna be making my character asap!!!!!
This looks incredible and so fun, I’m gonna be making my character asap!!!!!
J7D1quC.png
lUxoo8T.png
rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
.............................................____________________
z3QG5P2.gif
Ha glad you're so excited you posted twice. Looking forward to seeing your character @fitz
Ha glad you're so excited you posted twice. Looking forward to seeing your character @fitz
This looks like a wonderful roleplay. Mind if I join?

A keen-eyed, pale-skinned woman of average height and silver hair, usually found wearing a hoodie, jeans, and steel-toed hiking boots. Depending on the weather, you might also find her in her signature grey windbreaker.

The aforementioned silver hair and glowing spiral patterns on her hands.

A flash flood in a ravine swept her into the raging waters until she was eventually deposited into a moonlit cove where the rocks glowed with the same strange spiral pattern now on her hand. When she awoke, her hair had changed colour and she had gained power over water and ice.

Character Name:
Taylor Armstrong

Race:
Human

Sexuality:
Asexual

Combat Skills(If Any):
Taekwondo, staves, rifle

Preferred Weapons:
A good, sturdy staff

Magical Talents(If Any):
Control over water and ice, slightly increased hearing

Role
Knight

Why the Role Chosen:
She worked her way up to it after a little over a decade in the Dreamwatchers' Guild

Personality: Stern and quiet, Taylor prefers to stay back and analyse the situation at hand before jumping in. She takes her duties seriously and cares deeply for the people she works with, ready to take blows meant for others in a heartbeat. Despite her cool exterior, Taylor often takes a maternal role towards younger members. If no one else is willing to take a job, you can bet Taylor will be the oen to step up. She prefers to gather as much information as she can beforehand and scout what she's up against before setting foot into dangerous territory, although plans often go awry in the dream realm.

She has a grey windbreaker she says was a gift that she's rather fond of. Do not touch this windbreaker without permission unless you want the wrath of a thousand suns upon you.

Tell me if I need to change anything!
This looks like a wonderful roleplay. Mind if I join?

A keen-eyed, pale-skinned woman of average height and silver hair, usually found wearing a hoodie, jeans, and steel-toed hiking boots. Depending on the weather, you might also find her in her signature grey windbreaker.

The aforementioned silver hair and glowing spiral patterns on her hands.

A flash flood in a ravine swept her into the raging waters until she was eventually deposited into a moonlit cove where the rocks glowed with the same strange spiral pattern now on her hand. When she awoke, her hair had changed colour and she had gained power over water and ice.

Character Name:
Taylor Armstrong

Race:
Human

Sexuality:
Asexual

Combat Skills(If Any):
Taekwondo, staves, rifle

Preferred Weapons:
A good, sturdy staff

Magical Talents(If Any):
Control over water and ice, slightly increased hearing

Role
Knight

Why the Role Chosen:
She worked her way up to it after a little over a decade in the Dreamwatchers' Guild

Personality: Stern and quiet, Taylor prefers to stay back and analyse the situation at hand before jumping in. She takes her duties seriously and cares deeply for the people she works with, ready to take blows meant for others in a heartbeat. Despite her cool exterior, Taylor often takes a maternal role towards younger members. If no one else is willing to take a job, you can bet Taylor will be the oen to step up. She prefers to gather as much information as she can beforehand and scout what she's up against before setting foot into dangerous territory, although plans often go awry in the dream realm.

She has a grey windbreaker she says was a gift that she's rather fond of. Do not touch this windbreaker without permission unless you want the wrath of a thousand suns upon you.

Tell me if I need to change anything!
Z3Lt3uB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21