Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [OOC/Open] The Dreamwatchers' Guild
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
[quote name="WillowtheWisp" date="2018-09-18 17:48:24" ] Hi! I'm sorry if this has been specified somewhere (I looked, but didn't see), but is there any specific floor sages' "labs" are on? Just tell me and I'll edit my soon-to-be post. ^^ [/quote] Mystic Room in the Basement! It's sort of a lab for their role while the Research ward has a wider variety of tools and what not. Edit: Sorry about short posts x.x @GrandeLatte Always happy to have another show interest! Dream Creature is fine but understand they would be kept in the warded Garden area unless they could glamour themselves to appear human if not they'd need to talk with Anya to setting something up.
WillowtheWisp wrote on 2018-09-18 17:48:24:
Hi! I'm sorry if this has been specified somewhere (I looked, but didn't see), but is there any specific floor sages' "labs" are on? Just tell me and I'll edit my soon-to-be post. ^^
Mystic Room in the Basement! It's sort of a lab for their role while the Research ward has a wider variety of tools and what not.

Edit: Sorry about short posts x.x

@GrandeLatte
Always happy to have another show interest! Dream Creature is fine but understand they would be kept in the warded Garden area unless they could glamour themselves to appear human if not they'd need to talk with Anya to setting something up.
[quote name="MerlynTheWolf" date="2018-09-18 20:47:10" ] [quote name="WillowtheWisp" date="2018-09-18 17:48:24" ] Hi! I'm sorry if this has been specified somewhere (I looked, but didn't see), but is there any specific floor sages' "labs" are on? Just tell me and I'll edit my soon-to-be post. ^^ [/quote] Mystic Room in the Basement! It's sort of a lab for their role while the Research ward has a wider variety of tools and what not. Edit: Sorry about short posts x.x @/GrandeLatte Always happy to have another show interest! Dream Creature is fine but understand they would be kept in the warded Garden area unless they could glamour themselves to appear human if not they'd need to talk with Anya to setting something up. [/quote] Roger that ^^ I'll be posting an app sometime tomorrow then. G'night for now.
MerlynTheWolf wrote on 2018-09-18 20:47:10:
WillowtheWisp wrote on 2018-09-18 17:48:24:
Hi! I'm sorry if this has been specified somewhere (I looked, but didn't see), but is there any specific floor sages' "labs" are on? Just tell me and I'll edit my soon-to-be post. ^^
Mystic Room in the Basement! It's sort of a lab for their role while the Research ward has a wider variety of tools and what not.

Edit: Sorry about short posts x.x

@/GrandeLatte
Always happy to have another show interest! Dream Creature is fine but understand they would be kept in the warded Garden area unless they could glamour themselves to appear human if not they'd need to talk with Anya to setting something up.
Roger that ^^ I'll be posting an app sometime tomorrow then. G'night for now.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
@GrandeLatte
Alrighty sounds good! Rest well.
@GrandeLatte
Alrighty sounds good! Rest well.
@GrandeLatte

Hi, welcome!
@GrandeLatte

Hi, welcome!
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Hi, I subbed so the pings aren't necessary anymore ^^
If you don't mind me asking, how does dream creature age work exactly? Are they as old as the span of time they've been existing since creation as a dream or..? If I'm blanking on the obvious answer I apologize.
Hi, I subbed so the pings aren't necessary anymore ^^
If you don't mind me asking, how does dream creature age work exactly? Are they as old as the span of time they've been existing since creation as a dream or..? If I'm blanking on the obvious answer I apologize.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
Won't ping you, since you're subbed and I was vague on what they are partially on purpose. Lifespan wise they can be as old as..when ever things started coming into existence or perhaps since the first thing/being was able to really dream. Though I feel like those sort of creatures would be either really strong from how long they've been around or fragile due to age. Older they are, larger their real form is. Also feel like they'd be immortal unless something happened and they were killed.

Edit: On the form, use the 'Anything Extra/Important/Fun Fact:' to describe your character or use 'Alterations' to describe his dream form(actual form) and if he has set up a glamour to look human. If that makes sense.
Won't ping you, since you're subbed and I was vague on what they are partially on purpose. Lifespan wise they can be as old as..when ever things started coming into existence or perhaps since the first thing/being was able to really dream. Though I feel like those sort of creatures would be either really strong from how long they've been around or fragile due to age. Older they are, larger their real form is. Also feel like they'd be immortal unless something happened and they were killed.

Edit: On the form, use the 'Anything Extra/Important/Fun Fact:' to describe your character or use 'Alterations' to describe his dream form(actual form) and if he has set up a glamour to look human. If that makes sense.
Ah, mkay! I was merely wondering since I read the age. Welp, here's the app. Hope I filled this correctly for a dreamcreature, most just from my interpretation of how they work. Apologies for any inaccuracy ^^; [center][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EVj2_hiQuto/UdABPpLAvHI/AAAAAAAAAnA/hkDMKUWtqEQ/s1600/King-Cobra-Facts.jpg[/img] [b]Alterations[/b] Compressed form [b]What Caused the Alerations[/b] Whether the case is real or staged, the dreamcreature resides in a fairly normal appearance of an everyday king cobra, though considerably larger, nearing 15 meters. The look is quite contrary to the grand scale serpent of children's nightmares and dreams of herpetologist who read too many fantasy books. Stress is shown when having to try and conjure up a larger appearance. [b]Character Name[/b] "Apep" (There is no proper name to him, merely snags that he liked and used.) [b]Race[/b] Dreamcreature [b]Age[/b] Not currently pinpointed. Suggested and hinted to be around 269 years, give or take, between the 18th century and now. [b]Gender[/b] Male [b]Combat Skills[/b] Rough and Tumble, BJJ [b]Preferred Weapons[/b] N/A [b]Magical Talents[/b] Telepathy (Usable only in the awake world under terms that Apep has bitten the person before) [b]Role[/b] N/A [b]Why the Role Chosen[/b] *awkward cough* [b]Personality[/b] Overall one could call Apep a very "unique" being so to say. Clever and silver tongued he is, but his attitude is a whole new book. One that certainly favors to torment people as subtly as he can with constant questions and counter intuitive actions. He constantly mocks and derives others, giving more ruthless treatment to those who annoyed or angered him. Unfortunately, this is as far as his behavior extends into the real world, the dream world is a whole new problem. The land where anything can happen, a shame such a state of living fell to a sour power creature. Here Apep is much more sadistic if not hostile in behavior, holding little hesitation in lashing out. The mockery strikes larger as does the questioning, along with insults. At other times Apep doesn't speak at all, only performing actions. Only a lucky few get a reasonable amount of mercy from the terror, mostly in the real world. Meeting the standards to get the chance is a tricky path with the spitfire mood of the dreamcreature. [b]Bio[/b] Exact origin is blurry in the memory of the dreamcreature. What he does recall is starting off as a dream that went on to become sour, his form changing with it. [b]Likes/Dislikes[/b] (Will change later on as he develops) +Himself +Alone time -Anyone else -Being touched -Loud noise -Rain [b]Anything Extra/Important/Fun Fact[/b] Apep is capable of taking on a human glamour, but the look itself is imperfect and faulty at best and often has multiple outcomes. The attempted appearance is often that of an attempted mimic of someone Apep has seen before, the most common being a man, olive skinned with dark hair standing around 5'7. Unfortunately, it holds up to look normal far away, but slowly falls apart the closer someone gets. Scalier skin, sharper teeth, odd body proportions. Sometimes, the conjured glamour is even missing a limb. His appearance in the dream world is vastly different from the awake world. A body that eternally falls apart to rebuild itself. Rolling waves of ethereal smoke spill from breaks and faults of his body, many limbs erupt from the sides with a sole pair of legs for bipedal purposes. His body takes form of a massive, spiny reptile. The eyes are seeming mockery of a human eye, the sclera a darker shade then the iris. The form changes very little, varying from size and coloration.[/center]
Ah, mkay! I was merely wondering since I read the age. Welp, here's the app. Hope I filled this correctly for a dreamcreature, most just from my interpretation of how they work. Apologies for any inaccuracy ^^;
King-Cobra-Facts.jpg

Alterations
Compressed form

What Caused the Alerations
Whether the case is real or staged, the dreamcreature resides in a fairly normal appearance of an everyday king cobra, though considerably larger, nearing 15 meters. The look is quite contrary to the grand scale serpent of children's nightmares and dreams of herpetologist who read too many fantasy books. Stress is shown when having to try and conjure up a larger appearance.

Character Name
"Apep" (There is no proper name to him, merely snags that he liked and used.)

Race
Dreamcreature

Not currently pinpointed. Suggested and hinted to be around 269 years, give or take, between the 18th century and now.

Combat Skills
Rough and Tumble, BJJ

Preferred Weapons
N/A

Magical Talents
Telepathy (Usable only in the awake world under terms that Apep has bitten the person before)

Role
N/A

Why the Role Chosen
*awkward cough*

Personality
Overall one could call Apep a very "unique" being so to say. Clever and silver tongued he is, but his attitude is a whole new book. One that certainly favors to torment people as subtly as he can with constant questions and counter intuitive actions. He constantly mocks and derives others, giving more ruthless treatment to those who annoyed or angered him. Unfortunately, this is as far as his behavior extends into the real world, the dream world is a whole new problem. The land where anything can happen, a shame such a state of living fell to a sour power creature. Here Apep is much more sadistic if not hostile in behavior, holding little hesitation in lashing out. The mockery strikes larger as does the questioning, along with insults. At other times Apep doesn't speak at all, only performing actions.

Only a lucky few get a reasonable amount of mercy from the terror, mostly in the real world. Meeting the standards to get the chance is a tricky path with the spitfire mood of the dreamcreature.

Bio
Exact origin is blurry in the memory of the dreamcreature. What he does recall is starting off as a dream that went on to become sour, his form changing with it.

Likes/Dislikes
(Will change later on as he develops)
+Himself
+Alone time
-Anyone else
-Being touched
-Loud noise
-Rain

Anything Extra/Important/Fun Fact
Apep is capable of taking on a human glamour, but the look itself is imperfect and faulty at best and often has multiple outcomes. The attempted appearance is often that of an attempted mimic of someone Apep has seen before, the most common being a man, olive skinned with dark hair standing around 5'7. Unfortunately, it holds up to look normal far away, but slowly falls apart the closer someone gets. Scalier skin, sharper teeth, odd body proportions. Sometimes, the conjured glamour is even missing a limb.

His appearance in the dream world is vastly different from the awake world. A body that eternally falls apart to rebuild itself. Rolling waves of ethereal smoke spill from breaks and faults of his body, many limbs erupt from the sides with a sole pair of legs for bipedal purposes. His body takes form of a massive, spiny reptile. The eyes are seeming mockery of a human eye, the sclera a darker shade then the iris. The form changes very little, varying from size and coloration.
I think you did well and I perhaps should devise a different form for dream creatures. My only thing is could you find a picture for what his human form looks like or describe it?
I think you did well and I perhaps should devise a different form for dream creatures. My only thing is could you find a picture for what his human form looks like or describe it?
Ah, mkay. I'll add that in!
EDIT: I need to stop saying "Ah, mkay" holy.
Ah, mkay. I'll add that in!
EDIT: I need to stop saying "Ah, mkay" holy.
Edited, apologies of double post, hope the addition was swell enough.
Edited, apologies of double post, hope the addition was swell enough.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21