Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Clockwork; RP (PRIVATE)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
((Hello! This is a private RP with me and @/SaturnNeptune @/PhoenixStorm and @/PandaCat16. If you are interested, please ask me first, if you aren't overwhelmed with this crazy universe known as the Clockwork. Xp))

THE CLOCKWORK

"It’s cloudy outside. I took a quick look out the window before closing the metal blinds. I put on my top hat, accessorised with gears and goggles. I place it down on my spiky red hair, just like the hat was a crown, fit for a king.
I have created those blinds, hats, gears, canes and goggles. Well, of course I did! I am the CEO of the latest advanced Steampunk technology, after all. (It’s L.A.S.T for short.)
Sorry, I never actually introduced myself! My name is Brantford Ainsworth. I am a Steampunk, from the era of The Clockwork.
You see, The Clockwork is a small island when our gothic culture gets to expand and be supervised. Many people moved here because of the technology here. Our streets are covered in gears, trinkets, and other things the Steampunks like me, had created with our bare hands.
Unless, of course, the island of The Clockwork is home to two different types of cultural people. Yes, the island is split with a boarder. Us, the Steampunks, and then them, the Victorians. Victorians are classy, like me, but also eerie. They love music and tea parties. I’ve heard that centuries ago, there was a big war between Steampunks and Victorians. Tech vs. music. Apparently, it was insane, and is probably the reason why we hate each other, and that The Clockwork is split into two.
Anyways, today, after closing the blinds, and locking the steel door, I pulled off the khaki cloth covering my latest invention. Yes, I don’t only create small trinkets for the household and community, but I also create big things; like air balloons that run by themselves, many engines, and even mechanical birds that roam the streets, it would earn me a lot of cash. Hahah, I remember the time when one of the mechanical birds flew past, to the Victorian’s side. Tons of Victorians got upset that tech would try to set foot onto their side of The Clockwork, and even called the authorities and government, who at live the top of The Clockwork oversee and supervise the island.
We all call the authorities ‘Tickings.’ Well, I’m glad that a Ticking had never came to my domain. You know why?
Well, that invention that was covered up in that khaki cloth was something named: ‘The Optimized Blood Bound.’ Or what I call him, ‘Harley.’ I’ve invented Harley with one purpose. To make people happy. He would do anything for her creator. Make breakfast, do the chores, help you create more trinkets, and prepare dinner. She can even hurt those who hurt you. Oh? Sorry, I got a bit carried away... Ahem. So, Harley is technically a red copper robot with a cylinder head, the size of him up to your waist, and made from 1000 or more gold gears.
When I introduce him to the world, the government will pay me well. A robot companion. Everyone wants a robot companion.
The only problem? The Optimized Blood Bound only runs on human blood. It’s kind of in the name, if you didn’t figure it out already? You are probably thinking. Why? And I’ll say because with this new tech, it’s almost as if the robot is alive. Well, it kind of is. And that’s the point. That’s how’s I’ll get more money, by inventing new creations! Now, out are also probably thinking, where do I get all the blood. Well, I’ll just say I have trust issues. If I asked someone to donate blood, they will probably ask why. And I don’t want other Steampunks stealing my idea.
So how I get the blood? I take it from them by force. Yup! I murder them and collect some of their blood to keep my baby running.
But wait! Before you run away from extreme terror, I’d like to say, It’s just business. This is the road to becoming a man with a successful life. You must make some sacrifices on the way. And with sacrifices, I mean sacrificing lives. I hate to break it to you.
Yeah, so every night I take a walk and follow people into an alley. They totally won’t see this coming. I flip up my cane, which has an extendable hidden knife at the end of it and stab them. Just like that. And then, I take their blood, with a tiny needle. You think I go around each night stabbing people? Oh no. Sometimes I go around killing people and leaving behind a suicide note, so that the Tickings are not too suspicious.
All I’ve got to say to you that you got to do dirty work, but the end product is worth it. With the blood! Harley will be in full power! And power means fame, and fame means being loved, and being loved means being a ruler! One day, The Clockwork shall be mine! The villain will win for once. Haha. Sometimes, I impress myself.
Suddenly, I hear knocking on my steel door. I quickly throw the cloth over Harley and clear the table from any blood stains. Then, I peak through the peephole. A familiar, pale, huffy looking face was standing there. I unlock the door. It was Cornelius Hogwood Chuffy. My best friend since… diapers! I open the door. “Cornelius! How are you? Come in! Come in!” I say with a wide smile. “Oh, why thank you, Brant!” Cornelius replied, stumbling into my house, fixing his monocle. Cornelius works for L.A.S.T too. He created something called ‘levitating top hats.’ Which is exactly what it sounds like. His hat floated inside right next to him. “I have exciting news, Brant!” Cornelius said. Oh, and case you are wondering, no. Cornelius does not know about Harley or the murders. Not a single soul knows. “What is it?” I ask him. Cornelius fumbled for a paper in his’s suit’s pocket. “You where featured in today’s article on the newspaper!” He hands me the newspaper. “I found it on my doorstep today.” Cornelius added. I look up and give him a glare. Cornelius has strange and annoying habit on stating the obvious. I look back down to the paper, and sure enough, my dashing picture from when I released the motorized balloons, as on the front. I start to read the article. It was about all the things that I accomplished as a CEO of L.A.S.T. “This is well written,” I say. I turn the paper to see who had wrote the article. ‘Violetta Wickham.’ I glace at Cornelius. “Isn’t Violetta the girl who we where friends with in elementary school?” I ask him. “Why by twittle taddle! It is! And she moved here to The Clockwork, and writes news articles? That’s amazing!” cried Cornelius. ‘twittle taddle’ was a catchphrase of Cornelius’. I roll my eyes and place the newspaper down. Then there was another knock. A polite knock, unlike when Cornelius was banging the door like a broken motor. “Go check who it is,” I tell Cornelius. Instead of peaking through the peephole, he opens the door straight away. I recognized and remembered the dark, bobby haircut right away. “Violetta?” I ask. “It’s Violetta!” Cornelius says right after. “Yes, It’s me.” Violetta said. She turned to hug Cornelius, then started inspecting his floating hat, jotting some notes down. She finally looks up from her notepad. “Wow, Brant, you’ve accomplished so much here…” she breaths. I nod, unsure of what to say. “Did you like the little article?” she asks. “Oh! Yes! It was very nice.” I reply. “Very nice?” she repeats, stifling a laugh. I was not sure how to respond. I was still a bit stunned that all of us three where here, in the great island of The Clockwork as Steampunks. What a small world. “Anyways I came here, to investigate about all of the murders and suicides around here. Have you boys seen or heard anything about it?” Violetta askes, pulling out a pen. I flinch then back away towards the khaki cloth. “I’ve heard about it. It’s quite unfortune, is it?” I reply, smoothly. Cornelius looked panicky. “M-m-murder??” He gasps. “That’s scary, and a horrible thing to do…” He looks sadly, his hat hovering above his head. A crash suddenly came from upstairs. “What was that?” Violetta askes, a little too eagerly. Again, I reply very smoothly. “That’s just one of those mechanical birds nesting in the attic.” Though I had a feeling they where tubes of blood that fell from the self. “Oh! I have an idea, why don’t we meet up some place and chat about our lives? Does 3 o’clock work for you both?” I quickly urge Cornelius and Violetta out of my house, locking behind them., forgetting midway that I didn’t even tell them where to meet.
I soon head up stairs to clean the mess. As I soak the type A blood up, I realised that it felt horrible to lie to your best friends. And Violetta as a reporter could get in the way of my schemes. Eh, whatever. It’s still going to be worth it. I grab my cane, (with that hidden knife) and walk out the door. I chuckle to myself. “They have no idea..”

((Hello! This is a private RP with me and @/SaturnNeptune @/PhoenixStorm and @/PandaCat16. If you are interested, please ask me first, if you aren't overwhelmed with this crazy universe known as the Clockwork. Xp))

THE CLOCKWORK

"It’s cloudy outside. I took a quick look out the window before closing the metal blinds. I put on my top hat, accessorised with gears and goggles. I place it down on my spiky red hair, just like the hat was a crown, fit for a king.
I have created those blinds, hats, gears, canes and goggles. Well, of course I did! I am the CEO of the latest advanced Steampunk technology, after all. (It’s L.A.S.T for short.)
Sorry, I never actually introduced myself! My name is Brantford Ainsworth. I am a Steampunk, from the era of The Clockwork.
You see, The Clockwork is a small island when our gothic culture gets to expand and be supervised. Many people moved here because of the technology here. Our streets are covered in gears, trinkets, and other things the Steampunks like me, had created with our bare hands.
Unless, of course, the island of The Clockwork is home to two different types of cultural people. Yes, the island is split with a boarder. Us, the Steampunks, and then them, the Victorians. Victorians are classy, like me, but also eerie. They love music and tea parties. I’ve heard that centuries ago, there was a big war between Steampunks and Victorians. Tech vs. music. Apparently, it was insane, and is probably the reason why we hate each other, and that The Clockwork is split into two.
Anyways, today, after closing the blinds, and locking the steel door, I pulled off the khaki cloth covering my latest invention. Yes, I don’t only create small trinkets for the household and community, but I also create big things; like air balloons that run by themselves, many engines, and even mechanical birds that roam the streets, it would earn me a lot of cash. Hahah, I remember the time when one of the mechanical birds flew past, to the Victorian’s side. Tons of Victorians got upset that tech would try to set foot onto their side of The Clockwork, and even called the authorities and government, who at live the top of The Clockwork oversee and supervise the island.
We all call the authorities ‘Tickings.’ Well, I’m glad that a Ticking had never came to my domain. You know why?
Well, that invention that was covered up in that khaki cloth was something named: ‘The Optimized Blood Bound.’ Or what I call him, ‘Harley.’ I’ve invented Harley with one purpose. To make people happy. He would do anything for her creator. Make breakfast, do the chores, help you create more trinkets, and prepare dinner. She can even hurt those who hurt you. Oh? Sorry, I got a bit carried away... Ahem. So, Harley is technically a red copper robot with a cylinder head, the size of him up to your waist, and made from 1000 or more gold gears.
When I introduce him to the world, the government will pay me well. A robot companion. Everyone wants a robot companion.
The only problem? The Optimized Blood Bound only runs on human blood. It’s kind of in the name, if you didn’t figure it out already? You are probably thinking. Why? And I’ll say because with this new tech, it’s almost as if the robot is alive. Well, it kind of is. And that’s the point. That’s how’s I’ll get more money, by inventing new creations! Now, out are also probably thinking, where do I get all the blood. Well, I’ll just say I have trust issues. If I asked someone to donate blood, they will probably ask why. And I don’t want other Steampunks stealing my idea.
So how I get the blood? I take it from them by force. Yup! I murder them and collect some of their blood to keep my baby running.
But wait! Before you run away from extreme terror, I’d like to say, It’s just business. This is the road to becoming a man with a successful life. You must make some sacrifices on the way. And with sacrifices, I mean sacrificing lives. I hate to break it to you.
Yeah, so every night I take a walk and follow people into an alley. They totally won’t see this coming. I flip up my cane, which has an extendable hidden knife at the end of it and stab them. Just like that. And then, I take their blood, with a tiny needle. You think I go around each night stabbing people? Oh no. Sometimes I go around killing people and leaving behind a suicide note, so that the Tickings are not too suspicious.
All I’ve got to say to you that you got to do dirty work, but the end product is worth it. With the blood! Harley will be in full power! And power means fame, and fame means being loved, and being loved means being a ruler! One day, The Clockwork shall be mine! The villain will win for once. Haha. Sometimes, I impress myself.
Suddenly, I hear knocking on my steel door. I quickly throw the cloth over Harley and clear the table from any blood stains. Then, I peak through the peephole. A familiar, pale, huffy looking face was standing there. I unlock the door. It was Cornelius Hogwood Chuffy. My best friend since… diapers! I open the door. “Cornelius! How are you? Come in! Come in!” I say with a wide smile. “Oh, why thank you, Brant!” Cornelius replied, stumbling into my house, fixing his monocle. Cornelius works for L.A.S.T too. He created something called ‘levitating top hats.’ Which is exactly what it sounds like. His hat floated inside right next to him. “I have exciting news, Brant!” Cornelius said. Oh, and case you are wondering, no. Cornelius does not know about Harley or the murders. Not a single soul knows. “What is it?” I ask him. Cornelius fumbled for a paper in his’s suit’s pocket. “You where featured in today’s article on the newspaper!” He hands me the newspaper. “I found it on my doorstep today.” Cornelius added. I look up and give him a glare. Cornelius has strange and annoying habit on stating the obvious. I look back down to the paper, and sure enough, my dashing picture from when I released the motorized balloons, as on the front. I start to read the article. It was about all the things that I accomplished as a CEO of L.A.S.T. “This is well written,” I say. I turn the paper to see who had wrote the article. ‘Violetta Wickham.’ I glace at Cornelius. “Isn’t Violetta the girl who we where friends with in elementary school?” I ask him. “Why by twittle taddle! It is! And she moved here to The Clockwork, and writes news articles? That’s amazing!” cried Cornelius. ‘twittle taddle’ was a catchphrase of Cornelius’. I roll my eyes and place the newspaper down. Then there was another knock. A polite knock, unlike when Cornelius was banging the door like a broken motor. “Go check who it is,” I tell Cornelius. Instead of peaking through the peephole, he opens the door straight away. I recognized and remembered the dark, bobby haircut right away. “Violetta?” I ask. “It’s Violetta!” Cornelius says right after. “Yes, It’s me.” Violetta said. She turned to hug Cornelius, then started inspecting his floating hat, jotting some notes down. She finally looks up from her notepad. “Wow, Brant, you’ve accomplished so much here…” she breaths. I nod, unsure of what to say. “Did you like the little article?” she asks. “Oh! Yes! It was very nice.” I reply. “Very nice?” she repeats, stifling a laugh. I was not sure how to respond. I was still a bit stunned that all of us three where here, in the great island of The Clockwork as Steampunks. What a small world. “Anyways I came here, to investigate about all of the murders and suicides around here. Have you boys seen or heard anything about it?” Violetta askes, pulling out a pen. I flinch then back away towards the khaki cloth. “I’ve heard about it. It’s quite unfortune, is it?” I reply, smoothly. Cornelius looked panicky. “M-m-murder??” He gasps. “That’s scary, and a horrible thing to do…” He looks sadly, his hat hovering above his head. A crash suddenly came from upstairs. “What was that?” Violetta askes, a little too eagerly. Again, I reply very smoothly. “That’s just one of those mechanical birds nesting in the attic.” Though I had a feeling they where tubes of blood that fell from the self. “Oh! I have an idea, why don’t we meet up some place and chat about our lives? Does 3 o’clock work for you both?” I quickly urge Cornelius and Violetta out of my house, locking behind them., forgetting midway that I didn’t even tell them where to meet.
I soon head up stairs to clean the mess. As I soak the type A blood up, I realised that it felt horrible to lie to your best friends. And Violetta as a reporter could get in the way of my schemes. Eh, whatever. It’s still going to be worth it. I grab my cane, (with that hidden knife) and walk out the door. I chuckle to myself. “They have no idea..”

xPlkKnY.png
Brant, Violetta, and Cornelius, just finished up in the café, and started walk down the Steampunk streets, until-WHAM!

Cornelius had bumped into someone. "Hey! Watch where you are going!" He growled at the someone, when him himself was'nt watching where he was going. "Sorry about that," Violetta said to the person Cornelius had rammed into. She was helping Cornelius to his feet. Brant watched them, rubbing his cane, slowly.

(Hey @SaturnNeptune ! Which OC are you going to RP as the person who bumped into Cornelius? (You can have more then one.))
Brant, Violetta, and Cornelius, just finished up in the café, and started walk down the Steampunk streets, until-WHAM!

Cornelius had bumped into someone. "Hey! Watch where you are going!" He growled at the someone, when him himself was'nt watching where he was going. "Sorry about that," Violetta said to the person Cornelius had rammed into. She was helping Cornelius to his feet. Brant watched them, rubbing his cane, slowly.

(Hey @SaturnNeptune ! Which OC are you going to RP as the person who bumped into Cornelius? (You can have more then one.))
xPlkKnY.png
@ChristineDaae I'll do Ira and Theo
@ChristineDaae I'll do Ira and Theo
@SaturnNeptune Alright! Now write their reaction when Cornelius bumped into them!
@SaturnNeptune Alright! Now write their reaction when Cornelius bumped into them!
xPlkKnY.png
Ira and Theo were in the steampunk streets for a government meeting about the recent murders when-BUMP, IRA bumped into a rather stingyish man, "I'm terribly sorry-" the man narrowed his eyes "Hey! Watch where you're going!" Theo glared at the man, a vein showing on his forehead, "Hey metal face! It was an accident why don't cha move along!?" @ChristineDaae
Ira and Theo were in the steampunk streets for a government meeting about the recent murders when-BUMP, IRA bumped into a rather stingyish man, "I'm terribly sorry-" the man narrowed his eyes "Hey! Watch where you're going!" Theo glared at the man, a vein showing on his forehead, "Hey metal face! It was an accident why don't cha move along!?" @ChristineDaae
@SaturnNeptune

Brant recognized the kid who Cornelius bumped into. "Theo." He thought. Brant tried hiding his face.

"Cornelius, you dumb clod, now you're going to start another argument-" Violetta hissed to Cornelius. "How dARe you speak to me that way!" Cornelius yelled at Theo. "You-you- LEECH." Cornelius threatened.
@SaturnNeptune

Brant recognized the kid who Cornelius bumped into. "Theo." He thought. Brant tried hiding his face.

"Cornelius, you dumb clod, now you're going to start another argument-" Violetta hissed to Cornelius. "How dARe you speak to me that way!" Cornelius yelled at Theo. "You-you- LEECH." Cornelius threatened.
xPlkKnY.png
Theo's eyes widened, no one ever instulted him since he was in the government but he then smirked "you're that guy we arrested once! Bit bold of you to insult me doofus!" Theo was about to continue until Ira grabbed his arm "Theo, please stop causing arguments and help me up" Theo stuck his tounge out at the man and helped Ira to her feet. @ChristineDaae
Theo's eyes widened, no one ever instulted him since he was in the government but he then smirked "you're that guy we arrested once! Bit bold of you to insult me doofus!" Theo was about to continue until Ira grabbed his arm "Theo, please stop causing arguments and help me up" Theo stuck his tounge out at the man and helped Ira to her feet. @ChristineDaae
With a growing pit inside his stomach, Cornelius remembered Theo and Ira, and knew that they had the right to arrest him again. So, he actually kept quiet. He knew how lonely it was in jail, and wasn't looking forwards to spending another month in prison.

"Theo and Ira." Brant said softly. He remembered the night he slashed Ira's eyes.

Violetta decided it was the time to do a quick interview. "Where are you guys going?" she asked.

@SaturnNeptune
With a growing pit inside his stomach, Cornelius remembered Theo and Ira, and knew that they had the right to arrest him again. So, he actually kept quiet. He knew how lonely it was in jail, and wasn't looking forwards to spending another month in prison.

"Theo and Ira." Brant said softly. He remembered the night he slashed Ira's eyes.

Violetta decided it was the time to do a quick interview. "Where are you guys going?" she asked.

@SaturnNeptune
xPlkKnY.png
Theo was still glaring while Ira responded "we're here for some work matters, I'm very sorry for the trouble, right Theo?" Theo pouted and turned his head "right..." Ira nervously smiled and said "so how have things been for you two? Or three?" Ira guessed the amount of people since her vision went away that night @ChristineDaae
Theo was still glaring while Ira responded "we're here for some work matters, I'm very sorry for the trouble, right Theo?" Theo pouted and turned his head "right..." Ira nervously smiled and said "so how have things been for you two? Or three?" Ira guessed the amount of people since her vision went away that night @ChristineDaae
Violetta wrote something down in her notebook. Brant answered; "Oh things are going fine, thank you. We've just been KILLING some time," Brant chuckled at his own joke. "Wait. Wha-" Violetta started. Cornelius frowned, breathing heavily out of his nose. "As you can see, Cornelius here can get a little worked up over things." Brant replied. "Can I buy you all a drink?" He asked them, gesturing towards the café near them. @SaturnNeptune
Violetta wrote something down in her notebook. Brant answered; "Oh things are going fine, thank you. We've just been KILLING some time," Brant chuckled at his own joke. "Wait. Wha-" Violetta started. Cornelius frowned, breathing heavily out of his nose. "As you can see, Cornelius here can get a little worked up over things." Brant replied. "Can I buy you all a drink?" He asked them, gesturing towards the café near them. @SaturnNeptune
xPlkKnY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42