Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Jungle [IC]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16
OH HECK.

It was RIGHT OUTSIDE HER CABINET. Biscuit could hear the panther scratching at the door. Even if it didn't want to eat her, she was still too scared to move, let alone open the door. Thank god for carpenters.
OH HECK.

It was RIGHT OUTSIDE HER CABINET. Biscuit could hear the panther scratching at the door. Even if it didn't want to eat her, she was still too scared to move, let alone open the door. Thank god for carpenters.
Lia nodded. “Oh, good, I’m not insane.” She looked back out the window, marveling at the trees. His didn’t just happen, especially not in a place like Prairie Heights. Jungles don’t spontanious grow. “Don’t you think it’s odd that... what?” She gave Tokala a funny look. “I... don’t know? What do carpenters have to do with this? We’re in the middle of a huge tree, and that’s your topic of choice...”

Katie bit the inside of her lip. “Yeah...” she looked down at her talons. “I think I’d just scare her even more.” As awesome as being a dragon sounded, right now, it did not help. Not one bit. Maybe if she’d had these powers, or at least some of them, and still looked human... oh well. That was probably too much to ask for, anyway.

She looked up and back at the door. “Do you think we - or at least one of us - should find a teacher? Or check everyone else? Surely we aren’t the only ones with mutations. That’d be rather arbitrary.”

Status update: Oscar Brunswick was still sound asleep. Good thing he didn’t snore. However, his form did appear to “glitch”, like a TV, and at times you could see right through him, directly to the floor below.
Lia nodded. “Oh, good, I’m not insane.” She looked back out the window, marveling at the trees. His didn’t just happen, especially not in a place like Prairie Heights. Jungles don’t spontanious grow. “Don’t you think it’s odd that... what?” She gave Tokala a funny look. “I... don’t know? What do carpenters have to do with this? We’re in the middle of a huge tree, and that’s your topic of choice...”

Katie bit the inside of her lip. “Yeah...” she looked down at her talons. “I think I’d just scare her even more.” As awesome as being a dragon sounded, right now, it did not help. Not one bit. Maybe if she’d had these powers, or at least some of them, and still looked human... oh well. That was probably too much to ask for, anyway.

She looked up and back at the door. “Do you think we - or at least one of us - should find a teacher? Or check everyone else? Surely we aren’t the only ones with mutations. That’d be rather arbitrary.”

Status update: Oscar Brunswick was still sound asleep. Good thing he didn’t snore. However, his form did appear to “glitch”, like a TV, and at times you could see right through him, directly to the floor below.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
She’s freaked out, but at least she’s managed to keep her head when no one else seems to have been able too’. Jackson thought to himself while she jumped around before becoming more stern about the situation at hand. At least she was trying to help, a lot less could be said for Lukas— now Oscar didn’t have much a say in helping considering he was unconscious.

“I’m sure I could find some actual bandages in the nurse’s office.” He approaches and kneeled down next to Ana and Lukas, looking at the bloody hand of the now Korsune. “I’ll go look after I make sure Brunswick isn’t...” He glanced at Felix, “Worse than we think. I’m sure he’ll be fine, but just to be sure.”

He paused breifly, glancing at Ana and weighing their options. She didn’t want to be in this situation he was sure, and figuring she would be able to keep her head better around children than other freaking out adults... “What do you think about this? I’ll stay here and get these two up to speed, you go see if any of the students are hurt, or okay, or even just around. I doubt your son is the only one here, so best round them all up and help them in a time when they probably have no idea what’s going on.” He glanced at Lukas. “Take then wherever you think is best, just not here. The last thing we need is them starting to panic anymore than they already might be considering Lukas isn’t in the most stable state at the moment.” Which he could only guess she already knew that, at least as a mother. Freaking out around kids only made them freak out, or freak out more depending. Generally if you stayed calm, the calm ones would then help calm down anyone who couldn’t.

Hopefully she would be okay with the idea. “Maybe take your son with you. Best not be alone after that earthquake, you never know what could happen or what you might find.”

Jackson pulled a piece of fabric out of his pocket, turning his attention to Lukas. “Me.Shan, please keep your head. You’re a Physical Education teacher, i’m sure you know how to control your breathing if anyone does. Perhaps you should put such into practice.” He could help if he absolutely needed to, but he wasn’t a nurse for a reason. “I’m going to touch you, so don’t Freak out.” With those final words he reached out and tilted Lukas head up to get a look at his face to make sure he wasn’t further hurt.

Seeming satisfied he at least wasn’t hurt, he took hold of Lukas’ hand and wrapped it in the cloth, tying it off. “Lukas, do you know where you are?” He may not be a nurse by any means— okay technically he was a doctor, but not that kind— but at least he knew the basics of care. At least he figured he did, though really the P.E. teacher if anyone probably knew basic first aid. Unfortunately for him, said teacher seemed to be currently incapacitated.

Perfect.
She’s freaked out, but at least she’s managed to keep her head when no one else seems to have been able too’. Jackson thought to himself while she jumped around before becoming more stern about the situation at hand. At least she was trying to help, a lot less could be said for Lukas— now Oscar didn’t have much a say in helping considering he was unconscious.

“I’m sure I could find some actual bandages in the nurse’s office.” He approaches and kneeled down next to Ana and Lukas, looking at the bloody hand of the now Korsune. “I’ll go look after I make sure Brunswick isn’t...” He glanced at Felix, “Worse than we think. I’m sure he’ll be fine, but just to be sure.”

He paused breifly, glancing at Ana and weighing their options. She didn’t want to be in this situation he was sure, and figuring she would be able to keep her head better around children than other freaking out adults... “What do you think about this? I’ll stay here and get these two up to speed, you go see if any of the students are hurt, or okay, or even just around. I doubt your son is the only one here, so best round them all up and help them in a time when they probably have no idea what’s going on.” He glanced at Lukas. “Take then wherever you think is best, just not here. The last thing we need is them starting to panic anymore than they already might be considering Lukas isn’t in the most stable state at the moment.” Which he could only guess she already knew that, at least as a mother. Freaking out around kids only made them freak out, or freak out more depending. Generally if you stayed calm, the calm ones would then help calm down anyone who couldn’t.

Hopefully she would be okay with the idea. “Maybe take your son with you. Best not be alone after that earthquake, you never know what could happen or what you might find.”

Jackson pulled a piece of fabric out of his pocket, turning his attention to Lukas. “Me.Shan, please keep your head. You’re a Physical Education teacher, i’m sure you know how to control your breathing if anyone does. Perhaps you should put such into practice.” He could help if he absolutely needed to, but he wasn’t a nurse for a reason. “I’m going to touch you, so don’t Freak out.” With those final words he reached out and tilted Lukas head up to get a look at his face to make sure he wasn’t further hurt.

Seeming satisfied he at least wasn’t hurt, he took hold of Lukas’ hand and wrapped it in the cloth, tying it off. “Lukas, do you know where you are?” He may not be a nurse by any means— okay technically he was a doctor, but not that kind— but at least he knew the basics of care. At least he figured he did, though really the P.E. teacher if anyone probably knew basic first aid. Unfortunately for him, said teacher seemed to be currently incapacitated.

Perfect.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Smell. Smells. Strong. Smell strong. Closer. Where. Where. Where. Close. Close. Smell close. Friend close.

The foo hound was still following the scent, nose now pressed to the floor as it walked through the wreckage of the hallway. The simple mind didn't care that the school was in ruin, or that people were potentially hurt somewhere else in the building. All it cared about was finding the source of the scent trails, mildly annoyed when a fallen locker blocked its path and it had to step over to get to the trail on the other side. While it had paused to **** its after hearing screams echoing down the halls at one point, its overall goal was not to be deterred, claws stirring up loose sheets of paper as it continued on.

The beast was so focused on its sent trail that it startled when it heard a small noise to its side, jumping back before getting into a crouching position. It let out a deep growl as it looked through the doorway where the sound had originated, spotting a human. The foo dogs jade eyes looked over the human, its features vaguely similar to the beasts simple mind. But it was still a possible threat with its claws, and the beast felt another growl rising in its throat before its nose caught the scent. It was one of the scents it had been tracking, the familiar smell of someone close. A friend.

Friend. Friend. Found. Found friend. Found smell. Friend. Friend. FRIEND.

The rising growl instead turned into an excited whine, the canine barreling towards Sorrell in a joyous lope. If allowed, the foo dog would jump onto him, giant paws resting on his shoulders, slobbery tongue attempting to lick his face in greeting. If the boy didn't allow the dog to jump, it would simply sit on the ground, mouth panting as the corners of its mouth where pulled up in a doggy smile, its tail thumping against the ground as it wagged it. The beast was simply happy to have found one of its friends, and seen that they were safe.
Smell. Smells. Strong. Smell strong. Closer. Where. Where. Where. Close. Close. Smell close. Friend close.

The foo hound was still following the scent, nose now pressed to the floor as it walked through the wreckage of the hallway. The simple mind didn't care that the school was in ruin, or that people were potentially hurt somewhere else in the building. All it cared about was finding the source of the scent trails, mildly annoyed when a fallen locker blocked its path and it had to step over to get to the trail on the other side. While it had paused to **** its after hearing screams echoing down the halls at one point, its overall goal was not to be deterred, claws stirring up loose sheets of paper as it continued on.

The beast was so focused on its sent trail that it startled when it heard a small noise to its side, jumping back before getting into a crouching position. It let out a deep growl as it looked through the doorway where the sound had originated, spotting a human. The foo dogs jade eyes looked over the human, its features vaguely similar to the beasts simple mind. But it was still a possible threat with its claws, and the beast felt another growl rising in its throat before its nose caught the scent. It was one of the scents it had been tracking, the familiar smell of someone close. A friend.

Friend. Friend. Found. Found friend. Found smell. Friend. Friend. FRIEND.

The rising growl instead turned into an excited whine, the canine barreling towards Sorrell in a joyous lope. If allowed, the foo dog would jump onto him, giant paws resting on his shoulders, slobbery tongue attempting to lick his face in greeting. If the boy didn't allow the dog to jump, it would simply sit on the ground, mouth panting as the corners of its mouth where pulled up in a doggy smile, its tail thumping against the ground as it wagged it. The beast was simply happy to have found one of its friends, and seen that they were safe.
__________________________ ART
ART SHOP
Howdy :o)
theultimatecatsig.gif
Tokala

“Do I think it’s odd that what?” Tokala asked, giving Lia and equally funny look before she realized what happened. “Oh! The carpenter thing. It’s not my topic of choice, no. So you know the telepathic black panther-” Technically I’m a melanistic jaguar. Naya suddenly broke in, though the only audible evidence of this was Tokala’s surprised pause. “-Sorry, telepathic melanistic jaguar,” Tokala corrected herself, sounding slightly exasperated. “I mentioned earlier? She just told me that ‘carpenters are inconsiderate idiots’ and she didn’t give me any sort of explanation, so I asked for clarification. Apparently she’s trying to open a cupboard.” It was really hard to get used to the fact that someone was speaking in her head. Then she thought of something. “Hey, did anything weird happen to you when you woke up? Because I woke up with a witch’s familiar and I want something weird to have happened to someone besides me.”

Naya

Naya was unable to open the cupboard, her new witch apparently did not actually know much about species of cats, and her witch seemed to just want to chat with whatever she had found instead of come help Naya defeat the work of inconsiderate carpenters. Her tail began to flick with irritation, and she backed up a few steps before deciding to sit down. Maybe what was in the cupboard would come out in its own and Naya could just yell at Tokala to come here when it did. There were very few times she wished she could speak out loud, and now was one, because then she could tell what was in the cupboard that Naya was not, in fact, hungry right now. For Naya presumed that whatever was in the cupboard must be small enough to think Naya would eat it. At least around the size of her new, rather small witch. Her last witch had been very tall and broad shouldered. This new one was most certainly not tall. Or even of average height. Naya yawned in the general direction of the cupboard and wished that whatever was inside could somehow hear that she was mentally wishing it would hurry up.
Tokala

“Do I think it’s odd that what?” Tokala asked, giving Lia and equally funny look before she realized what happened. “Oh! The carpenter thing. It’s not my topic of choice, no. So you know the telepathic black panther-” Technically I’m a melanistic jaguar. Naya suddenly broke in, though the only audible evidence of this was Tokala’s surprised pause. “-Sorry, telepathic melanistic jaguar,” Tokala corrected herself, sounding slightly exasperated. “I mentioned earlier? She just told me that ‘carpenters are inconsiderate idiots’ and she didn’t give me any sort of explanation, so I asked for clarification. Apparently she’s trying to open a cupboard.” It was really hard to get used to the fact that someone was speaking in her head. Then she thought of something. “Hey, did anything weird happen to you when you woke up? Because I woke up with a witch’s familiar and I want something weird to have happened to someone besides me.”

Naya

Naya was unable to open the cupboard, her new witch apparently did not actually know much about species of cats, and her witch seemed to just want to chat with whatever she had found instead of come help Naya defeat the work of inconsiderate carpenters. Her tail began to flick with irritation, and she backed up a few steps before deciding to sit down. Maybe what was in the cupboard would come out in its own and Naya could just yell at Tokala to come here when it did. There were very few times she wished she could speak out loud, and now was one, because then she could tell what was in the cupboard that Naya was not, in fact, hungry right now. For Naya presumed that whatever was in the cupboard must be small enough to think Naya would eat it. At least around the size of her new, rather small witch. Her last witch had been very tall and broad shouldered. This new one was most certainly not tall. Or even of average height. Naya yawned in the general direction of the cupboard and wished that whatever was inside could somehow hear that she was mentally wishing it would hurry up.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
Despite the fact that the panther could've easily torn down the cabinet door and attacked, it instead decided to stop and presumably back away. This didn't mean that Biscuit would come out of the closet cupboard, oh no. She could hear the panther yawn, giving away the fact that it was still there. Biscuit didn't want to stay, but could she outrun a panther? Signs point to no.
Despite the fact that the panther could've easily torn down the cabinet door and attacked, it instead decided to stop and presumably back away. This didn't mean that Biscuit would come out of the closet cupboard, oh no. She could hear the panther yawn, giving away the fact that it was still there. Biscuit didn't want to stay, but could she outrun a panther? Signs point to no.
Rory stared in amazement at the plants for a second, then suddenly recollected himself, realizing the other two were expecting him to approach Aspen. "Oh, uh, okay, I can do that. Yeah. Um.." He paused for a second, stepping carefully over the chair he'd knocked over earlier and glancing apprehensively at the plant wall, before stepped forward, through the opening Alex had, somehow, made. "Aspen? It's me, Rory. Um.. it's okay, the monsters are just Alex and Katie. Something.. happened, to them." He winced inwardly as he described the two as monsters, hoping they wouldn't take offense. After looking over Aspen briefly, seeing that she didn't appear to have any possibly-fatal injuries, he called back to Katie, "Um, yeah, we should find the teachers. Or just as many people as we can.. whatever happened, it'll probably be safer in a group." And if we're moving, Ii might be able to find Skye..

(oof hope I didn't miss responding to something here

Skye

Skye was running through the halls, calling out Rory's name, before she spotted two people near the windows, at the end of the window. And they were.. woah. That couldn't be real. She stumbled to a stop about 10 feet away from the two girls, staring at the jungle outside. "How.. what.. do you guys know.." She paused, cutting herself off suddenly and putting herself back on topic. "Ugh, um, nevermind. have either of you seen Rory? My cousin, he's a junior?"
Rory stared in amazement at the plants for a second, then suddenly recollected himself, realizing the other two were expecting him to approach Aspen. "Oh, uh, okay, I can do that. Yeah. Um.." He paused for a second, stepping carefully over the chair he'd knocked over earlier and glancing apprehensively at the plant wall, before stepped forward, through the opening Alex had, somehow, made. "Aspen? It's me, Rory. Um.. it's okay, the monsters are just Alex and Katie. Something.. happened, to them." He winced inwardly as he described the two as monsters, hoping they wouldn't take offense. After looking over Aspen briefly, seeing that she didn't appear to have any possibly-fatal injuries, he called back to Katie, "Um, yeah, we should find the teachers. Or just as many people as we can.. whatever happened, it'll probably be safer in a group." And if we're moving, Ii might be able to find Skye..

(oof hope I didn't miss responding to something here

Skye

Skye was running through the halls, calling out Rory's name, before she spotted two people near the windows, at the end of the window. And they were.. woah. That couldn't be real. She stumbled to a stop about 10 feet away from the two girls, staring at the jungle outside. "How.. what.. do you guys know.." She paused, cutting herself off suddenly and putting herself back on topic. "Ugh, um, nevermind. have either of you seen Rory? My cousin, he's a junior?"
Katie snorted. “Monster? Boy, I am fabulous.” She tried to strike a sassy pose, but accidentally knocked over another desk with her tail. She pretended not to notice, but her gaze flicked towards it by instinct. This tail would take some getting used to.

“Oh, yes, I’ll get the teachers.” Katie turned on her heel and marched dramatically towards the door. However, the moment was ruined when she hit the doorframe with her forehead. Again. “I hate you,” she hissed to it before ducking and exiting, brushing past Kierra without a word. No hard feelings or anything.

There were at least three people in the hallway, but she chose to ignore them; they were standing, which meant nothing serious. Probably. None of them saw her anyway, so she slipped into another classroom to check it out.

Pandemonium. As it happened, she’d walked in (making sure to duck) the teacher classroom, to see a lot of pain, a lot of blood, and a head of neon pink hair. Apparently the mutations were strong here as well; one teacher had a crazy mouth, one had horns, and one was... glitching? “Uh... I was going to ask for help rallying the other students, but...” she shifted on her feet nervously. They obviously had their hands full. “I’m a student, by the way. Katie Smith.”

Lia looked over at Tokala. “Oh, okay. No, nothing weird...” she trailed off, looking out at the jungle. “Other than the cracks shrinking in my room. I think they shrunk everywhere. It’s weird; it’s almost like the school partially fixed itself. Even most of the ceiling tiles are back in place. Also, we’re in a jungle. That’s weird.”

Another voice made her turn around. Skye. She’d seen her before, she thought, but... “I think something happened to her,” she offered Tokala, dyeing Skye warily. “I wish I was a little more surprised, but at this point I’m pretty sure I’m dreaming.” She looked up at Skye. “No, I haven’t seen him. I don’t think he’s in the halls.”
Katie snorted. “Monster? Boy, I am fabulous.” She tried to strike a sassy pose, but accidentally knocked over another desk with her tail. She pretended not to notice, but her gaze flicked towards it by instinct. This tail would take some getting used to.

“Oh, yes, I’ll get the teachers.” Katie turned on her heel and marched dramatically towards the door. However, the moment was ruined when she hit the doorframe with her forehead. Again. “I hate you,” she hissed to it before ducking and exiting, brushing past Kierra without a word. No hard feelings or anything.

There were at least three people in the hallway, but she chose to ignore them; they were standing, which meant nothing serious. Probably. None of them saw her anyway, so she slipped into another classroom to check it out.

Pandemonium. As it happened, she’d walked in (making sure to duck) the teacher classroom, to see a lot of pain, a lot of blood, and a head of neon pink hair. Apparently the mutations were strong here as well; one teacher had a crazy mouth, one had horns, and one was... glitching? “Uh... I was going to ask for help rallying the other students, but...” she shifted on her feet nervously. They obviously had their hands full. “I’m a student, by the way. Katie Smith.”

Lia looked over at Tokala. “Oh, okay. No, nothing weird...” she trailed off, looking out at the jungle. “Other than the cracks shrinking in my room. I think they shrunk everywhere. It’s weird; it’s almost like the school partially fixed itself. Even most of the ceiling tiles are back in place. Also, we’re in a jungle. That’s weird.”

Another voice made her turn around. Skye. She’d seen her before, she thought, but... “I think something happened to her,” she offered Tokala, dyeing Skye warily. “I wish I was a little more surprised, but at this point I’m pretty sure I’m dreaming.” She looked up at Skye. “No, I haven’t seen him. I don’t think he’s in the halls.”
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Aspen blinked a few times and rubbed her head, she’d hit it on the floor pretty hard. She looked from Rory to the wolf thing, as the dragongirl had left the room. “Something definitely happened. And did you see that plant!? What was that about?” She practically yelled, trying to wrap her head around all this as she stood up. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something winged dash by the door, and Aspen took a step back. “I think something happened to everything.” She added quietly, starting to get a grip on things as she looked around. There were thin glowing cracks in the walls, and the room was a mess. “What are we supposed to do now? I don’t remember there being a drill for this.” She said, wrapping her arms around herself as a single tear ran down her cheek. She was scared. She wished she had missed school today. Or was it still even today? How long had it been? Would things go back to normal? Questions without answers we’re swimming through her head at a dizzying pace.
AJ was still running down the hall, her wings spread back to produce the least amount of drag possible. She was seeing all sorts of weird things wandering the halls, and she had to get out of here. She had managed to expand the straps of her bag enough to get it to sit between her wings, but was still in denial that they existed. She ran past everyone, not looking in a single doorway she passed. She didn’t want to see what was inside, she’d seen enough. She reached the doors and threw them open, barely managing to skid to a stop just short of falling. The school was suspended in the air. AJ overbalanced slightly and had to flare her wings to keep from falling, yelping in alarm at her near demise. She didn’t know how to fly. She scurried back inside, slamming the door and shoving herself back against it. She slid to the ground, sitting against the door with her wings laying out go either side at random angles. AJ’s breath was coming in rapid spurts, and her heart rate was up. What on earth was going on here? Or would that phrase even apply? Were they even on earth?!
Aspen blinked a few times and rubbed her head, she’d hit it on the floor pretty hard. She looked from Rory to the wolf thing, as the dragongirl had left the room. “Something definitely happened. And did you see that plant!? What was that about?” She practically yelled, trying to wrap her head around all this as she stood up. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something winged dash by the door, and Aspen took a step back. “I think something happened to everything.” She added quietly, starting to get a grip on things as she looked around. There were thin glowing cracks in the walls, and the room was a mess. “What are we supposed to do now? I don’t remember there being a drill for this.” She said, wrapping her arms around herself as a single tear ran down her cheek. She was scared. She wished she had missed school today. Or was it still even today? How long had it been? Would things go back to normal? Questions without answers we’re swimming through her head at a dizzying pace.
AJ was still running down the hall, her wings spread back to produce the least amount of drag possible. She was seeing all sorts of weird things wandering the halls, and she had to get out of here. She had managed to expand the straps of her bag enough to get it to sit between her wings, but was still in denial that they existed. She ran past everyone, not looking in a single doorway she passed. She didn’t want to see what was inside, she’d seen enough. She reached the doors and threw them open, barely managing to skid to a stop just short of falling. The school was suspended in the air. AJ overbalanced slightly and had to flare her wings to keep from falling, yelping in alarm at her near demise. She didn’t know how to fly. She scurried back inside, slamming the door and shoving herself back against it. She slid to the ground, sitting against the door with her wings laying out go either side at random angles. AJ’s breath was coming in rapid spurts, and her heart rate was up. What on earth was going on here? Or would that phrase even apply? Were they even on earth?!
Jjr11Cm.png
Rory shifted uncomfortably, not completely sure of what he should do about the girl who was kind of crying, right next to him. "Um, well, I.. I don't know, really, what happened.. but the teachers will probably help, right? They'll know what to do.. but, uh, whatever happens, we'll be okay. We need to stick together, that's all." He averted his gaze, feeling awkward about his little speech. "We should probably follow after Katie, or look for other students. Also, uh, I was pretty sure that the plant thing was because of you. Did you notice the cracks were glowing? I noticed that, and it's really starting to creep me out.." Rory had started rambling without realizing it, despite how much he wanted to leave, and hopefully find his sister.

Skye

"Oh, um, alright. Yeah. My legs are weird now, aren't they." She seemed still dazed and a little tired, likely from the impact to her head, which had stopped bleeding by now but left quite a large amount of half-dried blood in her mane-like hair. She glanced up and down the hall awkwardly, not seeing anyone else. Though she was pretty sure that the classroom she'd heard screams coming from was just around the next corner- she wasn't really sure if she wanted to see what the screams were about, though.

"I'm gonna just. Stick with you guys." She said haltingly, her nervousness obvious. "So we're in a jungle now, I guess.. that's.. cool? What happened to you guys when the earthquake came?" Making casual conversation seemed to be a coping mechanism for the girl, much like how her cousin in the room 2 rooms down from the one around the corner was rambling at the same exact moment.
Rory shifted uncomfortably, not completely sure of what he should do about the girl who was kind of crying, right next to him. "Um, well, I.. I don't know, really, what happened.. but the teachers will probably help, right? They'll know what to do.. but, uh, whatever happens, we'll be okay. We need to stick together, that's all." He averted his gaze, feeling awkward about his little speech. "We should probably follow after Katie, or look for other students. Also, uh, I was pretty sure that the plant thing was because of you. Did you notice the cracks were glowing? I noticed that, and it's really starting to creep me out.." Rory had started rambling without realizing it, despite how much he wanted to leave, and hopefully find his sister.

Skye

"Oh, um, alright. Yeah. My legs are weird now, aren't they." She seemed still dazed and a little tired, likely from the impact to her head, which had stopped bleeding by now but left quite a large amount of half-dried blood in her mane-like hair. She glanced up and down the hall awkwardly, not seeing anyone else. Though she was pretty sure that the classroom she'd heard screams coming from was just around the next corner- she wasn't really sure if she wanted to see what the screams were about, though.

"I'm gonna just. Stick with you guys." She said haltingly, her nervousness obvious. "So we're in a jungle now, I guess.. that's.. cool? What happened to you guys when the earthquake came?" Making casual conversation seemed to be a coping mechanism for the girl, much like how her cousin in the room 2 rooms down from the one around the corner was rambling at the same exact moment.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16