Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eightleaf Town RP -- Dangerous Company
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
An OoC note:
Heya, and welcome to the continuation of the main storyline Eightleaf Town roleplaying threads! (Signups for the Eightleaf RP community are found here, if you're interested in joining and haven't already signed up. Please don't post unless your dragon(s) has/have finished the signing-up process! Note: there is also a chronicle of previous Eightleaf Town rp threads or related stories in the linked thread.)

Given that descriptions take a while to both read and write, I'll only describe things that haven't been described in previous Eightleaf Town RP threads, and give a summary of recent, plot-relevant events. Changes in decor may be noted, but if a place has already been described, then there's not really much point in describing it again.

I hope you enjoy this next Eightleaf thread!

@Azurenight

Most of the journey to Lazy Lagoon was spent traversing the sea as quickly as the pair of boats could go. As they neared what was guessed to be the main channels leading to the place, however, they slowed their speed to something much more casual. A few larger vessels passed them along the way, both to and from their destination. And then, finally, it came into view.

The island itself wasn't that big, and fairly nondescript. There were trees further inland, and the naturally-formed harbor was bent in a crescent shape. Several ships were already moored there, and on shore, it seemed that business was booming. Even before pulling into harbor, Savik, his crew, and DePero could hear the various voices bubbling over one another. The detective noted that it was fortuitous that the pirate port was so busy at present, as it would help them blend in and make their questions seem more innocent. After that, everyone got ready to play the parts assigned them, and soon, DePero, Savik, and Darcy were walking shoulder-to-shoulder with all manner of pirates. Of course, DePero had changed his attire beforehand. If he was obviously a dragon of the law, their investigation would end before it began, and in all likelihood, quite gruesomely at that.

((Here's a little reaction time for your characters before we move on to the actual information-gathering phase. The docks are still in-sight; they're just walking the road near the harbor. DePero's looking for a bar or something where they can get some more direction using what info they have. The trio is being largely ignored by the pirates around them. In short, blending in is going well.))

@akrimau @GenesisReborn

The group of villainous dragons emerged from the side of the Fortress of Ends, where a hole had crumbled away thanks to the Pearlcatcher's strange smoke. This had been the point of entry, and they didn't bother stopping there, gliding down and into the sparse forests and ice-and-rock formations surrounding the area. Here, they happened upon a Nocturne who quickly figured out that most of them were fugitives. He tried to fly off to alert the authorities to the band's location, but the escapees were having none of it. Quite quickly, he was brought down and pinned.

The male Pearlcatcher would have killed him there, if not for Albus' intervention. He argued that even making the Nocturne bleed would give the authorities a lead on the direction they took, but he agreed that they couldn't leave him unattended either, since he'd seen them and knew too much for his own good. So, the group wound up taking the Nocturne as another hostage, then moved on, until they were safely hidden in the wild of the Cloudscrape Crags. The search area was so huge, and the amount of potential cover so daunting, that it had been deemed a suitable resting spot for the time being. The hostages were bound with rope and left like sacks by a rock face. The others began to talk amongst themselves.

"Now that we have a moment," Albus began, "I believe that introductions are in order. You there. What is your name, and where is it that you are leading us?"

"No one asked ye t' come along," the male Pearlcatcher grunted, "'Sides, I don't know yer name, so why should I give ye mine?"

Albus gave a light shrug. "Fair enough. My name is Albus. I'm a scientist specializing in broadening and reaching untapped prowess in the dragon species. Having attained the ability to access multiple kinds of elemental lines of magic, I did not see the need for the old gods or flights, and sought to eradicate them, as they stood in the way of dragons' developmental progress. I was defeated and imprisoned as a result. Despite achieving what not even the gods could achieve, I still was unable to grow beyond the limits of a dragon's might. I intend to continue my endeavor to grow and progress, however, and to one day prove that we cannot move forward if we cling to the past limitations as perceived reality. My more immediate goal, however, is revenge against those who had imprisoned me. I will continue my research along the way, but I would not turn away like-minded dragons, or those willing to assist me in creating this turmoil in the Icewarden's realm."

All that said, Albus gave the scowling Pearlcatcher a light, semi-smug smile. "Was that introduction to your satisfaction?"

"I see," he replied, "So yer that Coatl. Listen, I don't mind dizzyin' th' police force 'r causin' trouble fer most o' th' gods, but I serve th' Plaguebringer so don't you go bad-mouthin' 'er or causin' 'er trouble, savvy?"

Albus' calm, superior smile never left his mouth, and his eyes remained as cold and calculating as ever. "So long as our goals do not remain at odds, I do not see why we cannot work together. Once they conflict, we can pursue our own goals at that time."

The Pearlcatcher grunted. "S'pose that makes sense... A'right, ye've got a deal, Albus. As fer me, th' name's Lovell. Long ago, I was a pirate captain, n' feared by all who heard me name. Least, that's me memory. Actualla, I'm a creation o' th' Plaguebringer, made from Captain Lovell's pearl n' th' lady's own strands o' plague. I'm no dragon -- not in actualita. Th' real Captain Lovell died long ago. In a way, I'm 'is resurrection, brought forth t' be a plague on Sornieth once more! N' I intend to do that, once I have a proper crew n' a better ship. That's where we're headed, by th' way: me ship. It's not th' Royal Oyster -- th' ship from me memories -- but it works well enough until I get a better one."

"I see... Fascinating. I never considered using a Pearlcatcher's pearl as a component in recreating a dragon. Though, from what you say, you sound like you're made of diseased flesh at the very least," Albus noted.

Lovell shook his head. "Disease. Not diseased flesh. I'm immune to all other sicknesses, but don't try t' use any medicine 'r healin' magic on me. Savvy?"

The male Coatl's head bobbed up and down. "Yes, that makes sense... If you are merely a conglomerate of disease with only the memories of the Pearlcatcher whose pearl was used to create you, cures would harm you, rather than heal you." His smile turned a little wicked. "Good to know."

Lovell growled at Albus distrustingly. Then, his eyes shifted to Bubblegum. "Hoy, lass! What about you? What's yer name and yer business here?"
An OoC note:
Heya, and welcome to the continuation of the main storyline Eightleaf Town roleplaying threads! (Signups for the Eightleaf RP community are found here, if you're interested in joining and haven't already signed up. Please don't post unless your dragon(s) has/have finished the signing-up process! Note: there is also a chronicle of previous Eightleaf Town rp threads or related stories in the linked thread.)

Given that descriptions take a while to both read and write, I'll only describe things that haven't been described in previous Eightleaf Town RP threads, and give a summary of recent, plot-relevant events. Changes in decor may be noted, but if a place has already been described, then there's not really much point in describing it again.

I hope you enjoy this next Eightleaf thread!

@Azurenight

Most of the journey to Lazy Lagoon was spent traversing the sea as quickly as the pair of boats could go. As they neared what was guessed to be the main channels leading to the place, however, they slowed their speed to something much more casual. A few larger vessels passed them along the way, both to and from their destination. And then, finally, it came into view.

The island itself wasn't that big, and fairly nondescript. There were trees further inland, and the naturally-formed harbor was bent in a crescent shape. Several ships were already moored there, and on shore, it seemed that business was booming. Even before pulling into harbor, Savik, his crew, and DePero could hear the various voices bubbling over one another. The detective noted that it was fortuitous that the pirate port was so busy at present, as it would help them blend in and make their questions seem more innocent. After that, everyone got ready to play the parts assigned them, and soon, DePero, Savik, and Darcy were walking shoulder-to-shoulder with all manner of pirates. Of course, DePero had changed his attire beforehand. If he was obviously a dragon of the law, their investigation would end before it began, and in all likelihood, quite gruesomely at that.

((Here's a little reaction time for your characters before we move on to the actual information-gathering phase. The docks are still in-sight; they're just walking the road near the harbor. DePero's looking for a bar or something where they can get some more direction using what info they have. The trio is being largely ignored by the pirates around them. In short, blending in is going well.))

@akrimau @GenesisReborn

The group of villainous dragons emerged from the side of the Fortress of Ends, where a hole had crumbled away thanks to the Pearlcatcher's strange smoke. This had been the point of entry, and they didn't bother stopping there, gliding down and into the sparse forests and ice-and-rock formations surrounding the area. Here, they happened upon a Nocturne who quickly figured out that most of them were fugitives. He tried to fly off to alert the authorities to the band's location, but the escapees were having none of it. Quite quickly, he was brought down and pinned.

The male Pearlcatcher would have killed him there, if not for Albus' intervention. He argued that even making the Nocturne bleed would give the authorities a lead on the direction they took, but he agreed that they couldn't leave him unattended either, since he'd seen them and knew too much for his own good. So, the group wound up taking the Nocturne as another hostage, then moved on, until they were safely hidden in the wild of the Cloudscrape Crags. The search area was so huge, and the amount of potential cover so daunting, that it had been deemed a suitable resting spot for the time being. The hostages were bound with rope and left like sacks by a rock face. The others began to talk amongst themselves.

"Now that we have a moment," Albus began, "I believe that introductions are in order. You there. What is your name, and where is it that you are leading us?"

"No one asked ye t' come along," the male Pearlcatcher grunted, "'Sides, I don't know yer name, so why should I give ye mine?"

Albus gave a light shrug. "Fair enough. My name is Albus. I'm a scientist specializing in broadening and reaching untapped prowess in the dragon species. Having attained the ability to access multiple kinds of elemental lines of magic, I did not see the need for the old gods or flights, and sought to eradicate them, as they stood in the way of dragons' developmental progress. I was defeated and imprisoned as a result. Despite achieving what not even the gods could achieve, I still was unable to grow beyond the limits of a dragon's might. I intend to continue my endeavor to grow and progress, however, and to one day prove that we cannot move forward if we cling to the past limitations as perceived reality. My more immediate goal, however, is revenge against those who had imprisoned me. I will continue my research along the way, but I would not turn away like-minded dragons, or those willing to assist me in creating this turmoil in the Icewarden's realm."

All that said, Albus gave the scowling Pearlcatcher a light, semi-smug smile. "Was that introduction to your satisfaction?"

"I see," he replied, "So yer that Coatl. Listen, I don't mind dizzyin' th' police force 'r causin' trouble fer most o' th' gods, but I serve th' Plaguebringer so don't you go bad-mouthin' 'er or causin' 'er trouble, savvy?"

Albus' calm, superior smile never left his mouth, and his eyes remained as cold and calculating as ever. "So long as our goals do not remain at odds, I do not see why we cannot work together. Once they conflict, we can pursue our own goals at that time."

The Pearlcatcher grunted. "S'pose that makes sense... A'right, ye've got a deal, Albus. As fer me, th' name's Lovell. Long ago, I was a pirate captain, n' feared by all who heard me name. Least, that's me memory. Actualla, I'm a creation o' th' Plaguebringer, made from Captain Lovell's pearl n' th' lady's own strands o' plague. I'm no dragon -- not in actualita. Th' real Captain Lovell died long ago. In a way, I'm 'is resurrection, brought forth t' be a plague on Sornieth once more! N' I intend to do that, once I have a proper crew n' a better ship. That's where we're headed, by th' way: me ship. It's not th' Royal Oyster -- th' ship from me memories -- but it works well enough until I get a better one."

"I see... Fascinating. I never considered using a Pearlcatcher's pearl as a component in recreating a dragon. Though, from what you say, you sound like you're made of diseased flesh at the very least," Albus noted.

Lovell shook his head. "Disease. Not diseased flesh. I'm immune to all other sicknesses, but don't try t' use any medicine 'r healin' magic on me. Savvy?"

The male Coatl's head bobbed up and down. "Yes, that makes sense... If you are merely a conglomerate of disease with only the memories of the Pearlcatcher whose pearl was used to create you, cures would harm you, rather than heal you." His smile turned a little wicked. "Good to know."

Lovell growled at Albus distrustingly. Then, his eyes shifted to Bubblegum. "Hoy, lass! What about you? What's yer name and yer business here?"
@cryoluxa ((is bubblegum tied up or is she not considered a hostage?))
@cryoluxa ((is bubblegum tied up or is she not considered a hostage?))
Untitled-2.png
@akrimau

((She's not a hostage since she's on Albus' side.))
@akrimau

((She's not a hostage since she's on Albus' side.))
Bubblegum listened to them talk with interest, laying near the bound Arianna protectivly, hoping her presence would comfort her fellow coatl somewhat despite her dire straits. Her eyes shone when Albus spoke, his talk of innovation touching her heart. It sounded like a nobel cause when phrased that way! Though getting rid of the gods did seem a bit extra to her, and it made sense that they would retaliate. Focusing on revenge before science also seemed a bit petty to her and would probably lead to Albus being caught again, but she could talk to him about that later. She didn't want to embarass him by bad mouthing his plan in front of all these other dragons.

The pirate made of disease interested her as well. She felt a sort of kinship with him, as she had been artifically created as well, though in a completely different way. She also just thought pirates were cool in general.

"Mm?!" She stood suddenly and fluffed her feathers when addressed, not having expected it. She recovered quickly though, giving the false pearlcatcher an odd grin. "My name is Bubblegum. My immediate business is protection of the coatl Arianna... As I was hired to do so. Hmmm..." she turns her head upside down. "I suppose I can elaborate a bit more for you though, since I already told you a bit and you've told me about your origins." She flips her head rightside up again, periscopeing her neck to seem taller. "I was created artifically as well, in a secret facility in the hewn city." She flicks her tail. "I admit I do not actually know its purpose... but sometimes I know things without knowing why I know them. I am observant, I suppose, subconsciously... I suspect the facility has goals similar to yours, Albus." She looked at him as she said this. "And I am its weapon... Stronger, faster, smarter, and more magical than your average dragon. I still need training of course, and practice, to reach my full potential..." she fluffed her feathers proudly. "But my full potential is higher than that of any normal dragons. I escaped the facility... No place holds Bubblegum against her will for long. And when I am stronger, I will return to that place, and free my creators, who are my fathers."

@cryoluxa

((Awsome! Thats probably a good thing considering she probably would have put up a fight, lol))
Bubblegum listened to them talk with interest, laying near the bound Arianna protectivly, hoping her presence would comfort her fellow coatl somewhat despite her dire straits. Her eyes shone when Albus spoke, his talk of innovation touching her heart. It sounded like a nobel cause when phrased that way! Though getting rid of the gods did seem a bit extra to her, and it made sense that they would retaliate. Focusing on revenge before science also seemed a bit petty to her and would probably lead to Albus being caught again, but she could talk to him about that later. She didn't want to embarass him by bad mouthing his plan in front of all these other dragons.

The pirate made of disease interested her as well. She felt a sort of kinship with him, as she had been artifically created as well, though in a completely different way. She also just thought pirates were cool in general.

"Mm?!" She stood suddenly and fluffed her feathers when addressed, not having expected it. She recovered quickly though, giving the false pearlcatcher an odd grin. "My name is Bubblegum. My immediate business is protection of the coatl Arianna... As I was hired to do so. Hmmm..." she turns her head upside down. "I suppose I can elaborate a bit more for you though, since I already told you a bit and you've told me about your origins." She flips her head rightside up again, periscopeing her neck to seem taller. "I was created artifically as well, in a secret facility in the hewn city." She flicks her tail. "I admit I do not actually know its purpose... but sometimes I know things without knowing why I know them. I am observant, I suppose, subconsciously... I suspect the facility has goals similar to yours, Albus." She looked at him as she said this. "And I am its weapon... Stronger, faster, smarter, and more magical than your average dragon. I still need training of course, and practice, to reach my full potential..." she fluffed her feathers proudly. "But my full potential is higher than that of any normal dragons. I escaped the facility... No place holds Bubblegum against her will for long. And when I am stronger, I will return to that place, and free my creators, who are my fathers."

@cryoluxa

((Awsome! Thats probably a good thing considering she probably would have put up a fight, lol))
Untitled-2.png
@akrimau @GenesisReborn

Albus' grin widened slightly by the end of Bubblegum's introduction. He wasn't the first to speak, though; that went to Lovell.

"Ye still think yer protectin' that lass?" There was only one as-of-yet unnamed Coatl around, and given who Bubblegum was currently hovering next to, it was pretty easy to figure out who she meant. "Lady, that Coatl there is our hostage, n' ye've thrown yer lot in with us. At this point, yer one o' 'er captors, not 'er protector."

Albus' head slowly bobbed in agreement. "I'm afraid your previous contract is dissolved, not that it matters. Provided you stay with us, you will suffer no consequences for failing to protect Arianna. Rather, you adapted to the situation remarkably well. Given the circumstances, had you tried to protect her to the end, you would have died, in all likelihood. That, or some other misfortune. Instead, here you are, standing free among us. Further, you may yet be in a better position to achieve your own goals. I, for one, am quite curious about this facility you speak of. In short, for the time being, I am willing to lend you my assistance in your goals there. I am sure that we could be of mutual benefit to one another, young miss, should you choose to enter into such a relationship."
@akrimau @GenesisReborn

Albus' grin widened slightly by the end of Bubblegum's introduction. He wasn't the first to speak, though; that went to Lovell.

"Ye still think yer protectin' that lass?" There was only one as-of-yet unnamed Coatl around, and given who Bubblegum was currently hovering next to, it was pretty easy to figure out who she meant. "Lady, that Coatl there is our hostage, n' ye've thrown yer lot in with us. At this point, yer one o' 'er captors, not 'er protector."

Albus' head slowly bobbed in agreement. "I'm afraid your previous contract is dissolved, not that it matters. Provided you stay with us, you will suffer no consequences for failing to protect Arianna. Rather, you adapted to the situation remarkably well. Given the circumstances, had you tried to protect her to the end, you would have died, in all likelihood. That, or some other misfortune. Instead, here you are, standing free among us. Further, you may yet be in a better position to achieve your own goals. I, for one, am quite curious about this facility you speak of. In short, for the time being, I am willing to lend you my assistance in your goals there. I am sure that we could be of mutual benefit to one another, young miss, should you choose to enter into such a relationship."
Bubblegum laughs softly. Oh, they thought they were so fully in control of Arianna and her in this situation. Of course she didn't fight them when she would clearly lose! She was just biding her time and planning to free Arianna when convenient. And who knows? Making friends with their captors might make them amiable enough that they let Arianna go willingly. No matter what happened, Bubblegum still felt bound by her previous commitment, and she wouldn't let any serious harm befall Arianna. Though of course, she wasn't going to say that. It was much better to keep her plans quiet. Though she did hope that Arianna knew that she was not abandoning her. 'Don't lose hope, Arianna!' Bubblegum thought. 'I'm still here for you!'

She flicked her tail. "Thank you, Albus, I appreciate your complement to my strategy." She grinned at him. "And I thought you might be interested in the facility. In fact, that is why I brought it up. I would be happy to work with you, and show you how to reach the facility, in time. I'm sure you would get along with my da's as well!" she flutters excitedly a bit. "You remind me of them."

@cryoluxa
Bubblegum laughs softly. Oh, they thought they were so fully in control of Arianna and her in this situation. Of course she didn't fight them when she would clearly lose! She was just biding her time and planning to free Arianna when convenient. And who knows? Making friends with their captors might make them amiable enough that they let Arianna go willingly. No matter what happened, Bubblegum still felt bound by her previous commitment, and she wouldn't let any serious harm befall Arianna. Though of course, she wasn't going to say that. It was much better to keep her plans quiet. Though she did hope that Arianna knew that she was not abandoning her. 'Don't lose hope, Arianna!' Bubblegum thought. 'I'm still here for you!'

She flicked her tail. "Thank you, Albus, I appreciate your complement to my strategy." She grinned at him. "And I thought you might be interested in the facility. In fact, that is why I brought it up. I would be happy to work with you, and show you how to reach the facility, in time. I'm sure you would get along with my da's as well!" she flutters excitedly a bit. "You remind me of them."

@cryoluxa
Untitled-2.png
@Cryoluxa

Savik’s eye periodically shifted to Darcy at his side. His Skydancer technician constantly tossed hers over her should towards the docks. Was it nervousness that made her look towards the boats? Or perhaps she was gauging the threats between here and there and what she could utilize as a weapon. The latter of his guesses seemed the most probable to him, which was both a comfort and a concern.

Oh please save the temper until we need it, he thought. Savik released a soft sigh after the thoughts passed. He knew the ramble in his brain was just a distraction from their current mission; a result of his own nervousness. He had faith Darcy would be behaved, because she wanted the same thing he did: To save as many of their crew as possible.

“So,” Darcy’s soft voice interrupted Savik’s train of thought, “is there any particular place you’re looking for? Or just the first place we find?” she asked.

@Cryoluxa

Savik’s eye periodically shifted to Darcy at his side. His Skydancer technician constantly tossed hers over her should towards the docks. Was it nervousness that made her look towards the boats? Or perhaps she was gauging the threats between here and there and what she could utilize as a weapon. The latter of his guesses seemed the most probable to him, which was both a comfort and a concern.

Oh please save the temper until we need it, he thought. Savik released a soft sigh after the thoughts passed. He knew the ramble in his brain was just a distraction from their current mission; a result of his own nervousness. He had faith Darcy would be behaved, because she wanted the same thing he did: To save as many of their crew as possible.

“So,” Darcy’s soft voice interrupted Savik’s train of thought, “is there any particular place you’re looking for? Or just the first place we find?” she asked.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
((I am so sorry for the delay, everyone. You know how life can get. Coupled with a bit of writers' block, well, the delay was the result.))

@Azurenight

The incognito detective was careful to keep his voice low as he responded, "I do not know this place, nor has any particular location been recommended to us. We do not have any descriptions of dragons to look out for, or to follow, but given the small size of this port compared to the size of the fleet we are following, it should not be too difficult to find someone who works aboard those vessels. So, any place will do. Somewhere the pirates will not feel threatened. A bar would be perfect. However, if any of your allies have turned traitor out of fear, then it is early enough in their pirating careers that they may be more helpful to us than dedicated pirates, so let me know if you see any of your old comrades."

@akrimau @GenesisReborn

Albus have a light nod to Bubblegum in response, but that was all. His expression remained a contented, cunning neutral as well.

Lovell, meanwhile, loosed a grunt. "Who is that girl anyway?"

"That would be the daughter of my father's second son, according to her claims," Albus answered, "We only just met today. Her name is Arianna, and was protected by her friend, there."

Lovell grunted, looking annoyed. "So, you've no love fer 'er."

Albus nodded. "That's correct." Then, piqued interest entered his eyes as he looked over their other captive, and his calm grin grew slightly wider. "But I am interested in learning more about you, young sir. Tell us, who is it who has landed in our claws?"
((I am so sorry for the delay, everyone. You know how life can get. Coupled with a bit of writers' block, well, the delay was the result.))

@Azurenight

The incognito detective was careful to keep his voice low as he responded, "I do not know this place, nor has any particular location been recommended to us. We do not have any descriptions of dragons to look out for, or to follow, but given the small size of this port compared to the size of the fleet we are following, it should not be too difficult to find someone who works aboard those vessels. So, any place will do. Somewhere the pirates will not feel threatened. A bar would be perfect. However, if any of your allies have turned traitor out of fear, then it is early enough in their pirating careers that they may be more helpful to us than dedicated pirates, so let me know if you see any of your old comrades."

@akrimau @GenesisReborn

Albus have a light nod to Bubblegum in response, but that was all. His expression remained a contented, cunning neutral as well.

Lovell, meanwhile, loosed a grunt. "Who is that girl anyway?"

"That would be the daughter of my father's second son, according to her claims," Albus answered, "We only just met today. Her name is Arianna, and was protected by her friend, there."

Lovell grunted, looking annoyed. "So, you've no love fer 'er."

Albus nodded. "That's correct." Then, piqued interest entered his eyes as he looked over their other captive, and his calm grin grew slightly wider. "But I am interested in learning more about you, young sir. Tell us, who is it who has landed in our claws?"
@Cryoluxa

Imriel was angry. Angry with these dragons for having broken into the Fortress, angry with the guards for having not protected it, but most of all he was angry with himself for having been caught. So, unable to get away, he simply watched and listened, waiting for a moment when he could make his escape, or at the very least deal some damage before he was taken down again. Until then, though, there was nothing to do but watch and listen and wait some more.

When the Coatl began his introduction, however, this anger vanished, replaced by intrigue and a rising sense of hope. But... He couldn't very well join forces with a dragon who was bad enough to be locked away in the Fortress... Could he? No. Of course not. He would never even thi-

Just then, his thoughts were interrupted by Albus' query and that odd gaze. The Nocturne quickly formed his features into a scowl to hide his interest, though it was still apparent in his own gaze as he looked at this power-hungry dragon. "Imriel," he spat, "Merchant." This was all he had planned on saying, but his thoughts drifted back to the Coatl's words and suddenly he found himself asking a question of his own. "You said... You said you can use multiple elements' magic, yes?"

With a sudden realization as to what he was saying, he snapped his jaws shut with such speed that he bit his own tongue. A humorous wound, given the circumstance of its attainment. Despite his attempts to remain silent, however, he found his curiosity gaining the upper hand. Perhaps this was due to being so near to the "Bubblegum" creature; she was entirely too talkative for his liking. Regardless of the cause, he resumed what he was saying. "Would you be willing, and able, to teach such a thing?"

He had no interest in the destruction of the flights or the deities that headed them, but even the slightest possibility that he could regain his magic... He couldn't afford to pass up the only lead he had found in his many months traveling this odd world... and if this dragon was focused on gaining even more power, perhaps he could even help Imriel return to his own world...
@Cryoluxa

Imriel was angry. Angry with these dragons for having broken into the Fortress, angry with the guards for having not protected it, but most of all he was angry with himself for having been caught. So, unable to get away, he simply watched and listened, waiting for a moment when he could make his escape, or at the very least deal some damage before he was taken down again. Until then, though, there was nothing to do but watch and listen and wait some more.

When the Coatl began his introduction, however, this anger vanished, replaced by intrigue and a rising sense of hope. But... He couldn't very well join forces with a dragon who was bad enough to be locked away in the Fortress... Could he? No. Of course not. He would never even thi-

Just then, his thoughts were interrupted by Albus' query and that odd gaze. The Nocturne quickly formed his features into a scowl to hide his interest, though it was still apparent in his own gaze as he looked at this power-hungry dragon. "Imriel," he spat, "Merchant." This was all he had planned on saying, but his thoughts drifted back to the Coatl's words and suddenly he found himself asking a question of his own. "You said... You said you can use multiple elements' magic, yes?"

With a sudden realization as to what he was saying, he snapped his jaws shut with such speed that he bit his own tongue. A humorous wound, given the circumstance of its attainment. Despite his attempts to remain silent, however, he found his curiosity gaining the upper hand. Perhaps this was due to being so near to the "Bubblegum" creature; she was entirely too talkative for his liking. Regardless of the cause, he resumed what he was saying. "Would you be willing, and able, to teach such a thing?"

He had no interest in the destruction of the flights or the deities that headed them, but even the slightest possibility that he could regain his magic... He couldn't afford to pass up the only lead he had found in his many months traveling this odd world... and if this dragon was focused on gaining even more power, perhaps he could even help Imriel return to his own world...
tumblr_inline_nc6dja0nO51scrvs1.gif
@GenesisReborn @akrimau

Though Albus' mouth displayed some sense of humor in response to Imriel's question and thinly-veiled, deep-seated interest in tapping into multiple lines of magic, his eyes remained detached from these emotions. Instead, just as they usually were, his eyes held a cold and unfeeling hollowness, yet also contained unnerving glimpses of his powerful intellect and cunning. They were indeed windows to his mind, which was always studying and calculating. And yet, thus far, he always seemed to be calm, and in complete control of whatever situation he was in. This combination of a cool head, a sharp mind, and a detachment from emotion was what made up Albus' intimidating, sinister presence.

As for his current thoughts, though he felt a light tickle of humor at Imriel's predicament -- that is, being at the mercy of one who clearly held something he desired, while also wanting to be difficult, but finding himself unable to be -- he was also quick to recognize the source of this behavior. Perhaps the young Nocturne had been quiet for so long because of his proximity to Arianna, who seemed too intimidated to say anything. Nocturnes had a famous penchant for mimicking dragons who were near them, after all, and as an uncontrollable reflex in many cases. But he was also in close proximity to Bubblegum. How fortunate. The situation was almost ideal, and had been ever since Arianna came to visit him.

The male Coatl loosed a quiet, light chuckle. Imriel's whole circumstance was laughably pathetic, though the tone of the laughter was almost sympathetic, despite the ever-present hollow yet intelligent look to Albus' eyes. Almost gently, he replied, "Given the right facilities and components, I could repeat the procedure, yes. But a dragon's body is incapable of accessing magical lines he or she was not exposed to as an egg outside of the procedure. At least, this is the case to my knowledge. I was imprisoned for quite a while; it could be that some other way was found during my sequestration, but this would very likely yield different results to those of the experiment I performed on myself."

Albus tilted his head slightly in mock curiosity as he regarded Imriel with a knowing look. "Would you like me to perform the procedure on you to give you access to more lines of magic?"
@GenesisReborn @akrimau

Though Albus' mouth displayed some sense of humor in response to Imriel's question and thinly-veiled, deep-seated interest in tapping into multiple lines of magic, his eyes remained detached from these emotions. Instead, just as they usually were, his eyes held a cold and unfeeling hollowness, yet also contained unnerving glimpses of his powerful intellect and cunning. They were indeed windows to his mind, which was always studying and calculating. And yet, thus far, he always seemed to be calm, and in complete control of whatever situation he was in. This combination of a cool head, a sharp mind, and a detachment from emotion was what made up Albus' intimidating, sinister presence.

As for his current thoughts, though he felt a light tickle of humor at Imriel's predicament -- that is, being at the mercy of one who clearly held something he desired, while also wanting to be difficult, but finding himself unable to be -- he was also quick to recognize the source of this behavior. Perhaps the young Nocturne had been quiet for so long because of his proximity to Arianna, who seemed too intimidated to say anything. Nocturnes had a famous penchant for mimicking dragons who were near them, after all, and as an uncontrollable reflex in many cases. But he was also in close proximity to Bubblegum. How fortunate. The situation was almost ideal, and had been ever since Arianna came to visit him.

The male Coatl loosed a quiet, light chuckle. Imriel's whole circumstance was laughably pathetic, though the tone of the laughter was almost sympathetic, despite the ever-present hollow yet intelligent look to Albus' eyes. Almost gently, he replied, "Given the right facilities and components, I could repeat the procedure, yes. But a dragon's body is incapable of accessing magical lines he or she was not exposed to as an egg outside of the procedure. At least, this is the case to my knowledge. I was imprisoned for quite a while; it could be that some other way was found during my sequestration, but this would very likely yield different results to those of the experiment I performed on myself."

Albus tilted his head slightly in mock curiosity as he regarded Imriel with a knowing look. "Would you like me to perform the procedure on you to give you access to more lines of magic?"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7