Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Interest Check] FR War-ish RP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I think I'd be quite interested in this role-play!
I think I'd be quite interested in this role-play!
@cii Ooh, I like the point about the Fortress of Ends. Add the cold on top of anything released onto the fields and you've got yourself a nasty situation for attackers. Things could get even colder with focused attacks from defending Ice dragons.

Something to keep in mind are the dragons that have lived in Fire most of their lives with other elements. They're more loyal to Fire than their homeflight, most likely. On top of that you'll have deserters from conquered Flights who'll join the conquest for power and gain. While it will be a smaller percentage, yes, that's still a lot of dragons. It is true, however, there will be disagreements and animosity among many dragons within Fire, Fire element or otherwise. We'll have at least one NPC that falls into that category I'm sure.

Woo Rebels system! Those are some good names, I'll keep those in mind. I'm thinking each Flight has a rebel base except Fire (there are rebels there, but too much scrutiny and risk for a base). The largest one's location I haven't decided, but I'm thinking Shadow.

The rebellion will be small comparitively to the Fire regime, for the reason you stated. Despite dragons being a whole lot more of a "fite me" species than humans and being less likely to lie down and not act, many clans would rather not fight back. For this reason a lot of the dragons in the rebellion are individuals or small groups, acting without permission from their clan as a whole.

My current idea is that the deities have all withdrawn from Sornieth? Their influence is still there but quite a bit less, and very little direct action taken on anything. This is somewhat why the war began in the first place, with dragons left to their own devices. Someone in Fire had the idea of growing stronger while other Flights became weaker, and it escalated from there. This idea puts the gods out of the way to avoid complicating it more than this idea already is, haha.

Also on a side note what does everyone think about the RP title being Reign of Fire?
@cii Ooh, I like the point about the Fortress of Ends. Add the cold on top of anything released onto the fields and you've got yourself a nasty situation for attackers. Things could get even colder with focused attacks from defending Ice dragons.

Something to keep in mind are the dragons that have lived in Fire most of their lives with other elements. They're more loyal to Fire than their homeflight, most likely. On top of that you'll have deserters from conquered Flights who'll join the conquest for power and gain. While it will be a smaller percentage, yes, that's still a lot of dragons. It is true, however, there will be disagreements and animosity among many dragons within Fire, Fire element or otherwise. We'll have at least one NPC that falls into that category I'm sure.

Woo Rebels system! Those are some good names, I'll keep those in mind. I'm thinking each Flight has a rebel base except Fire (there are rebels there, but too much scrutiny and risk for a base). The largest one's location I haven't decided, but I'm thinking Shadow.

The rebellion will be small comparitively to the Fire regime, for the reason you stated. Despite dragons being a whole lot more of a "fite me" species than humans and being less likely to lie down and not act, many clans would rather not fight back. For this reason a lot of the dragons in the rebellion are individuals or small groups, acting without permission from their clan as a whole.

My current idea is that the deities have all withdrawn from Sornieth? Their influence is still there but quite a bit less, and very little direct action taken on anything. This is somewhat why the war began in the first place, with dragons left to their own devices. Someone in Fire had the idea of growing stronger while other Flights became weaker, and it escalated from there. This idea puts the gods out of the way to avoid complicating it more than this idea already is, haha.

Also on a side note what does everyone think about the RP title being Reign of Fire?
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
Shadow sounds good for the location, its dark so it would be easy to hide something like that there. The Hewn City in Light (is that what its called?) may also be good.

And for the deities, they're probably not bothering with getting involved. The war may have started when they finally decided to leave dragonkind to their own devices, so Fire Flight could attack without getting the deities involved. They may also have specifically stated that they're not bothering getting involved, so dragons don't rely on them.

And "Reign of Fire" sounds great!
Shadow sounds good for the location, its dark so it would be easy to hide something like that there. The Hewn City in Light (is that what its called?) may also be good.

And for the deities, they're probably not bothering with getting involved. The war may have started when they finally decided to leave dragonkind to their own devices, so Fire Flight could attack without getting the deities involved. They may also have specifically stated that they're not bothering getting involved, so dragons don't rely on them.

And "Reign of Fire" sounds great!
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Flamecaller is just pranking all the other deities while they sleep I love it
Flamecaller is just pranking all the other deities while they sleep I love it
Wishlist here!
Life & Death Reborn
-
@InkedMyths Perhaps this [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/war/religious/holywar.shtml]source[/url] about religious wars I found may help with story-line development? It could get a little controversial depending on how religious you are, so I edited and cut out a little. [quote=BBC Ethics- War: Holy Wars] [b]Holy Wars[/b] Modern people often regard the idea of a holy war as a contradiction. Killing thousands of people and causing wholesale destruction seems to be as far from holiness as one can get. But religion and war have gone hand in hand for a long time. Armies go into battle believing that their god is with them, often after prayers and sacrifices to keep their god on their side. In tribal cultures (including Biblical ones) when a people lose a war they often have to change to the worship of the winner's gods. However involving their god as part of the campaign does not make a war a holy war - for a war to be a holy war, religion has to be the driving force. [u]Holy wars usually have three elements:[/u] [LIST] [*]the achievement of a religious goal [*]authorised by a religious leader [*]a spiritual reward for those who take part [/LIST] Many of the wars fought in the name of religion do conform to the just war conditions, but not all of them. [b]Religious Causes[/b] [u]Francis Bacon said there were five causes for holy war:[/u] [LIST] [*]to spread the faith [*]to retrieve countries that were once [i] [insert religion] [/i], even though there are no [i] [insert religious group] [/i] left there [*]to rescue [i] [insert religion] [/i] in countries that were once [i] [insert religion] [/i] from 'the servitude of the infidels' [*]recover and purify consecrated places that are presently being 'polluted and profaned' [*]avenge blasphemous acts, or cruelties and killings of [i] [insert religion] [/i] (even if these took place long ago) [/LIST] Only the first of these causes is completely outside the scope of the conventional idea of a just cause. Some of the other causes, because of the length of time that can pass since the offending act took place are probably not just causes either. Lawful authority The legitimate authority for a holy war is not the government of a state (except in a theocracy) but the Church, or the relevant organisation or person who heads the religious institution concerned. [b]Personal Reward[/b] The third condition of a holy war is a spiritual reward for those who take part. The doctrine of the just war does not refer to any personal rewards for the participants - and such rewards would be against such a generally austere doctrine.[/quote]
@InkedMyths
Perhaps this source about religious wars I found may help with story-line development? It could get a little controversial depending on how religious you are, so I edited and cut out a little.
BBC Ethics- War: Holy Wars wrote:
Holy Wars

Modern people often regard the idea of a holy war as a contradiction. Killing thousands of people and causing wholesale destruction seems to be as far from holiness as one can get.

But religion and war have gone hand in hand for a long time. Armies go into battle believing that their god is with them, often after prayers and sacrifices to keep their god on their side. In tribal cultures (including Biblical ones) when a people lose a war they often have to change to the worship of the winner's gods.

However involving their god as part of the campaign does not make a war a holy war - for a war to be a holy war, religion has to be the driving force.

Holy wars usually have three elements:
  • the achievement of a religious goal
  • authorised by a religious leader
  • a spiritual reward for those who take part
Many of the wars fought in the name of religion do conform to the just war conditions, but not all of them.

Religious Causes

Francis Bacon said there were five causes for holy war:
  • to spread the faith
  • to retrieve countries that were once [insert religion] , even though there are no [insert religious group] left there
  • to rescue [insert religion] in countries that were once [insert religion] from 'the servitude of the infidels'
  • recover and purify consecrated places that are presently being 'polluted and profaned'
  • avenge blasphemous acts, or cruelties and killings of [insert religion] (even if these took place long ago)

Only the first of these causes is completely outside the scope of the conventional idea of a just cause. Some of the other causes, because of the length of time that can pass since the offending act took place are probably not just causes either.
Lawful authority

The legitimate authority for a holy war is not the government of a state (except in a theocracy) but the Church, or the relevant organisation or person who heads the religious institution concerned.

Personal Reward

The third condition of a holy war is a spiritual reward for those who take part. The doctrine of the just war does not refer to any personal rewards for the participants - and such rewards would be against such a generally austere doctrine.
WOOO I'm definitely interested and I won't mind being the bad guy!
WOOO I'm definitely interested and I won't mind being the bad guy!
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
I’m very interested! If there’s a ping list or whatever sign me right up!
I’m very interested! If there’s a ping list or whatever sign me right up!
Throughout | An Interactive Story
+17 FR time
This sounds really fun, I'd love to join in!
This sounds really fun, I'd love to join in!
I'd definitely be interested in this!
I'd definitely be interested in this!
TPoSyOQ.png 51xsGFL.png 10x10.png 10x10.png 10x10.png
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
Hoo boy y'all have gotta ping me more and check on these things I am notoriously forgetful huehue (especially when I hyper focus on a need for currency like I have been)

@Starwindrider dude if you want to operate at least some of our bad guys that'd be neat

I should make a pinglist huh... yeah I'll do that later when my mind can focus on this better oof

Anyway my current plan is a set story which I will be scribbling down in bits and pieces for awhile. Apologies guys because your RP operator here is pretty ADHD or ADD or whatever the HECK so yeah this may or may not take an overly long amount of time,,, especially since I am doing a Legacy of War thing and whatnot hah

Anyway so start thinking on which dragon(s) you want to use or making a dragon or whatever
Also along with Starwindrider of they're still interested I'd like at least one more Fire fren who's totally down for operating the bad guys. I have some ideas for specific roles but I'll get into that later

Clarification: We're going for the storyline idea. You guys will be playing as new (on some level, depending on the character) members of the Uprising against the iron rule of the Fire Flight, which has conquered most of Sornieth. You will all be in the same group together, therefore operating in the same area as everyone else.

On another note, I'm thinking of ideas for NPC dragons and am probably going to hurt myself in the process herp
Hoo boy y'all have gotta ping me more and check on these things I am notoriously forgetful huehue (especially when I hyper focus on a need for currency like I have been)

@Starwindrider dude if you want to operate at least some of our bad guys that'd be neat

I should make a pinglist huh... yeah I'll do that later when my mind can focus on this better oof

Anyway my current plan is a set story which I will be scribbling down in bits and pieces for awhile. Apologies guys because your RP operator here is pretty ADHD or ADD or whatever the HECK so yeah this may or may not take an overly long amount of time,,, especially since I am doing a Legacy of War thing and whatnot hah

Anyway so start thinking on which dragon(s) you want to use or making a dragon or whatever
Also along with Starwindrider of they're still interested I'd like at least one more Fire fren who's totally down for operating the bad guys. I have some ideas for specific roles but I'll get into that later

Clarification: We're going for the storyline idea. You guys will be playing as new (on some level, depending on the character) members of the Uprising against the iron rule of the Fire Flight, which has conquered most of Sornieth. You will all be in the same group together, therefore operating in the same area as everyone else.

On another note, I'm thinking of ideas for NPC dragons and am probably going to hurt myself in the process herp
Wishlist here!
Life & Death Reborn
-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9