Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore: The New World
1 2 3 4 5 6
Arc 1:New Lands Created Day 43 ------ [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ox7exYj.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZDtWfyF.png[/img][/center] Charli blinked as more dust fell into her eyes. She was getting used to the constant state of irrate and darkness, but the pain only reduced to a dull ache that didn't go away. Phoenix had been really helpful, together with her friends, had traveled with Charli for a far bit of distance in the past few days despite the young Spiral passing out for most of the journey. Charli couldn't really tell the time, but according to Phoenix, it had been 12 days since the collapse of the Fire Nation. "You look better today!" The Fire Fae called out. No she didn't. Charli knew she didn't. She could feel her energy depleting every hour, and breathing was becoming a chore. She hadn't spoken for a long while either. Every sensation felt extreme, for a moment everything was so hot and sharp, then everything became too cold. It was nauseating. Where were Justice and Fridr? "Hey, don't lose hope on me now." Phoenix encouraged softly. "We're almost out of here. I promise." False hope. Phoenix had said that many a time, but they haven't been anywhere; still trapped underground. It was as if the deities took pity on her, the sole dragon that didn't matter if she died, that wouldn't change the world if she died, that wouldn't be missed if she died. Because, at that moment, there was a flash of bright purple light before Charli's gaze begun to fade and an opening tore above them. She heard Phoenix gasp, then some paws tugging her, and in many swift motions, hoisted her out into the sun. "Spiral..." Phoenix said in awe. "You... How did you-?" How did she what? Charli closed her eyes as the sunlight pierced them. Did this mean that her clan, if you call a group of three a clan, could find her now? Then, Phoenix needed to yodel. Justice could hear her yodel, right? "Sprial, hey, Spiral." Charli felt a pair of paws dust her face carefully. "Justy? Was it? His name. I can scout for you, but you need to stay here. Can you stay here for me?" Charli would have scoffed if she could. Where else could she go? How else was she going to go? She cracked open her eyes and glanced at Phoenix, giving her her silent agreement. Then the Fae flew off. She closed her eyes again. Maybe, the deities wanted her to live after all.
Arc 1:New Lands Created
Day 43
ox7exYj.pngZDtWfyF.png

Charli blinked as more dust fell into her eyes. She was getting used to the constant state of irrate and darkness, but the pain only reduced to a dull ache that didn't go away. Phoenix had been really helpful, together with her friends, had traveled with Charli for a far bit of distance in the past few days despite the young Spiral passing out for most of the journey.

Charli couldn't really tell the time, but according to Phoenix, it had been 12 days since the collapse of the Fire Nation.

"You look better today!" The Fire Fae called out.

No she didn't. Charli knew she didn't. She could feel her energy depleting every hour, and breathing was becoming a chore. She hadn't spoken for a long while either. Every sensation felt extreme, for a moment everything was so hot and sharp, then everything became too cold. It was nauseating.

Where were Justice and Fridr?

"Hey, don't lose hope on me now." Phoenix encouraged softly. "We're almost out of here. I promise."

False hope. Phoenix had said that many a time, but they haven't been anywhere; still trapped underground.

It was as if the deities took pity on her, the sole dragon that didn't matter if she died, that wouldn't change the world if she died, that wouldn't be missed if she died. Because, at that moment, there was a flash of bright purple light before Charli's gaze begun to fade and an opening tore above them.

She heard Phoenix gasp, then some paws tugging her, and in many swift motions, hoisted her out into the sun.

"Spiral..." Phoenix said in awe. "You... How did you-?"

How did she what? Charli closed her eyes as the sunlight pierced them. Did this mean that her clan, if you call a group of three a clan, could find her now? Then, Phoenix needed to yodel. Justice could hear her yodel, right?

"Sprial, hey, Spiral." Charli felt a pair of paws dust her face carefully. "Justy? Was it? His name. I can scout for you, but you need to stay here. Can you stay here for me?"

Charli would have scoffed if she could. Where else could she go? How else was she going to go? She cracked open her eyes and glanced at Phoenix, giving her her silent agreement.

Then the Fae flew off.

She closed her eyes again. Maybe, the deities wanted her to live after all.
ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
Arc 1:New Lands Created Day 46 ----- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wPHnoOK.png[/img] [/center] Over the vast emptiness, a Guardian lay, tired and injured and lost his will to go on. It had been more than ten days, he was sure, possibly almost twenty days since the Spiral fell. Perhaps there was no point in searching anymore. Ashfall waste seemed bigger than he last remembered, and the lonely Guardian who say atop the ashes and rocks didn't want to move anymore. This was definitely new land. Perhaps, from the eruption, the lands of Fire had expanded, but Fire wasn't Fire any more. Not without the jostling crowd or the rumbling volcanoes. Fire has become a foreign land. A new era had begun, the he was just a small dragon living through the time. He hadn't seen the Skydancer in a while either, not after the falling out days after the incident. It was for the better, he thought, better off alone without being tied down to. That was why the Spiral leapt off in the first place. She felt tied down, by him. The sun scorched the lands in midday heat and Fridr simply turned over to his side and stayed in the roasting heat. Until a large shadow engulfed him from above, and the sand around him blew up in a little storm. "Fridr!" That voice. "Fridr!!" Sounded way too familiar. "Get up! We need to go!" Justice. It was Justice. Fridr opened his eyes and regretted instantly as the sand hit him in the face, hiding a small smile in feign of the pain. "I thought you left for good!" Fridr replied. Justice swoops down, but didn't land and nudges Fridr hurriedly. Behind him, a small orange figure fluttered quietly. "Who's that?" Fridr asked. "Our ally." Justice replied. "Charli's saviour." Charli? Charli! Holy deities! "Charli is... Alive?!" "Yes! But she's hurt really bad." Justice replies urgently. "We need to go!" "Where?" "To Wind, of course!" Justice says as if it made all the sense in the world. "Windswept Plateau, which is thankfully right next to the Fire Nation, is where Charli recuperates best." "How would you know?" "Spirals are innate dragons of the Wind. Their energy might be good for her." A small voice behind Justice replied. Fridr watched her carefully and the Fae spoke up. "I am Phoenix, Spiral- I mean Charli, had been stuck underground with me for days. We tried all that we could. But her wings... There was nothing else I could do..." "Then what are we waiting for?!" Fridr exclaimed. "We need to go. Now." Justice smiled. "That's what I've been saying!" [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/s0BV4jp.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZDtWfyF.png[/img][/center]
Day 46
wPHnoOK.png

Over the vast emptiness, a Guardian lay, tired and injured and lost his will to go on. It had been more than ten days, he was sure, possibly almost twenty days since the Spiral fell.

Perhaps there was no point in searching anymore. Ashfall waste seemed bigger than he last remembered, and the lonely Guardian who say atop the ashes and rocks didn't want to move anymore.

This was definitely new land. Perhaps, from the eruption, the lands of Fire had expanded, but Fire wasn't Fire any more. Not without the jostling crowd or the rumbling volcanoes. Fire has become a foreign land. A new era had begun, the he was just a small dragon living through the time.

He hadn't seen the Skydancer in a while either, not after the falling out days after the incident. It was for the better, he thought, better off alone without being tied down to. That was why the Spiral leapt off in the first place. She felt tied down, by him.

The sun scorched the lands in midday heat and Fridr simply turned over to his side and stayed in the roasting heat. Until a large shadow engulfed him from above, and the sand around him blew up in a little storm.

"Fridr!"

That voice.

"Fridr!!"

Sounded way too familiar.

"Get up! We need to go!"

Justice. It was Justice. Fridr opened his eyes and regretted instantly as the sand hit him in the face, hiding a small smile in feign of the pain.

"I thought you left for good!" Fridr replied.

Justice swoops down, but didn't land and nudges Fridr hurriedly. Behind him, a small orange figure fluttered quietly.

"Who's that?" Fridr asked.

"Our ally." Justice replied. "Charli's saviour."

Charli? Charli! Holy deities! "Charli is... Alive?!"

"Yes! But she's hurt really bad." Justice replies urgently. "We need to go!"

"Where?"

"To Wind, of course!" Justice says as if it made all the sense in the world. "Windswept Plateau, which is thankfully right next to the Fire Nation, is where Charli recuperates best."

"How would you know?"

"Spirals are innate dragons of the Wind. Their energy might be good for her." A small voice behind Justice replied. Fridr watched her carefully and the Fae spoke up. "I am Phoenix, Spiral- I mean Charli, had been stuck underground with me for days. We tried all that we could. But her wings... There was nothing else I could do..."

"Then what are we waiting for?!" Fridr exclaimed. "We need to go. Now."

Justice smiled. "That's what I've been saying!"
s0BV4jp.png ZDtWfyF.png
ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
Arc 1:New Lands Created Day 47 -------- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Tn8ZXjZ.png[/img][/center] Amarin was simply minding her own business when the ruckus started. She hadn't seen a commotion stir as huge as this since the days of her youth when Fire consumed her beloved home. A travelling herd was gathering too much attention as they were swarmed by onlookers while parading through the Town Square. One of them pranced from one dragon to the other, seemingly asking an urgent question and quickly leapt to the next when the dragon in question shook their head or turned away. The commotion got louder and the Skydancer appeared more panicky as the minutes ticked by. Amarin didn't have to guess where they had come from, she knew from the smell. The lingering smell of smoke wafted through the air and she remembered it as vividly as the day she was saved. It was no wonder none of them wished to entertain the travelers, dragons of Wind mostly kept to themselves. But Amarin was more than curious. Spotting a young green drangonling rested unmoving atop the back of a Guardian, Amarin's interests were peaked. [i]Is it dead?[/i] As more dragons shun from the Skydancer's approach, she was unknowingly edging towards them and when close enough, she heard his desperate cry. "Help us, please! Charli will die if no one helps us!" Perhaps a tragedy that happened back in the Fire Nation. Nothing good come out of fire. [i]Ahh, so the little one is still alive[/i] The Skydancer reeked of smoke and burnt flesh, or maybe that was the smell of the whole group. Amarin scrunched her nose as she stretches her neck to get a better view of the unconscious dragonling. "I'll help you." Amarin didn't remember speaking the words out loud, but since the Skydancer turned towards her with tear-filled eyes shining with gratitude and a large smile, she figured that she probably did. With more affirmation, Amarin repeated her words. "I'll help you and the young one."
Day 47
Tn8ZXjZ.png
Amarin was simply minding her own business when the ruckus started. She hadn't seen a commotion stir as huge as this since the days of her youth when Fire consumed her beloved home. A travelling herd was gathering too much attention as they were swarmed by onlookers while parading through the Town Square.

One of them pranced from one dragon to the other, seemingly asking an urgent question and quickly leapt to the next when the dragon in question shook their head or turned away. The commotion got louder and the Skydancer appeared more panicky as the minutes ticked by.

Amarin didn't have to guess where they had come from, she knew from the smell. The lingering smell of smoke wafted through the air and she remembered it as vividly as the day she was saved.

It was no wonder none of them wished to entertain the travelers, dragons of Wind mostly kept to themselves. But Amarin was more than curious. Spotting a young green drangonling rested unmoving atop the back of a Guardian, Amarin's interests were peaked. Is it dead? As more dragons shun from the Skydancer's approach, she was unknowingly edging towards them and when close enough, she heard his desperate cry.

"Help us, please! Charli will die if no one helps us!"

Perhaps a tragedy that happened back in the Fire Nation. Nothing good come out of fire.

Ahh, so the little one is still alive

The Skydancer reeked of smoke and burnt flesh, or maybe that was the smell of the whole group. Amarin scrunched her nose as she stretches her neck to get a better view of the unconscious dragonling.

"I'll help you." Amarin didn't remember speaking the words out loud, but since the Skydancer turned towards her with tear-filled eyes shining with gratitude and a large smile, she figured that she probably did.

With more affirmation, Amarin repeated her words. "I'll help you and the young one."
ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
Arc 1:New Lands Created Day 65 ------ [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Tn8ZXjZ.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/ox7exYj.png[/img][/center] Amarin smiles as Charli does an experimental flap of her wings. She has taken into the inquisitive young Spiral, spending longer hours with her each day and dreading the day they had to part. Not so soon, she hopes. Charli's wings were in a horrible state when they scrubbed the grime and blood off her. It was a wonder she had any wings left to fix at all! But watching her spread out her wings after half a moon of being wrapped up, warmth and pride fills her heart and Amarin knows that Charli will heal well. "Don't exert them," Amarin reminds when Charli flinches from another experimental flap. "They'll need more time." "Will I ever fly again?" "I wasn't sure, but now I can safely assure you my child." Amarin replies softly. "You will be able to take to the skies again." "Ok." Charli beams. And that is what Amarin admires from her. Her bravery and positive outlook in life. Charli has fighting spirit, one she hoped to have. She accepts the facts for what they were and moves on. Amarin doesn't know what had happened to her whilst Charli was buried underground. Fridr and Justice didn't say much, and Phoenix didn't make much sense either. [i]How could a dying Spiral unleash that much power?[/i] Perhaps it was the exhaustion from caring for Charli and fighting for her own survival that was speaking. Nevertheless, Amarin knows better than to ask. There is only one issue at the moment. Pharahn, her mate, has been lingering around for quite a while now. He has always been up and about, busy as he is with his missions. It has been more than once that she caught him peering into the sick bay to watch Charli. That could only mean one thing - Pharahn is taking interest in the young one. Charli has been scouted to be his warrior.
Day 65
Tn8ZXjZ.pngox7exYj.png

Amarin smiles as Charli does an experimental flap of her wings. She has taken into the inquisitive young Spiral, spending longer hours with her each day and dreading the day they had to part. Not so soon, she hopes.

Charli's wings were in a horrible state when they scrubbed the grime and blood off her. It was a wonder she had any wings left to fix at all! But watching her spread out her wings after half a moon of being wrapped up, warmth and pride fills her heart and Amarin knows that Charli will heal well.

"Don't exert them," Amarin reminds when Charli flinches from another experimental flap. "They'll need more time."

"Will I ever fly again?"

"I wasn't sure, but now I can safely assure you my child." Amarin replies softly. "You will be able to take to the skies again."

"Ok." Charli beams.

And that is what Amarin admires from her. Her bravery and positive outlook in life. Charli has fighting spirit, one she hoped to have. She accepts the facts for what they were and moves on. Amarin doesn't know what had happened to her whilst Charli was buried underground. Fridr and Justice didn't say much, and Phoenix didn't make much sense either.

How could a dying Spiral unleash that much power?

Perhaps it was the exhaustion from caring for Charli and fighting for her own survival that was speaking. Nevertheless, Amarin knows better than to ask.

There is only one issue at the moment. Pharahn, her mate, has been lingering around for quite a while now. He has always been up and about, busy as he is with his missions. It has been more than once that she caught him peering into the sick bay to watch Charli.

That could only mean one thing - Pharahn is taking interest in the young one. Charli has been scouted to be his warrior.

ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
Arc 1:New Lands Created Day 95 ------- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Tn8ZXjZ.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/ox7exYj.png[/img][/center] "Were you always a noisy flier?" Amarin cocks her head in question during another practice session with Charli. Charli has been using her wings more now and while she isn't graceful in the sky, Charli is glad to finally feel the breeze against her face once more. "I was. Flying is hard." Charli explains. "At least I think I was, Justy said i lap them too hard." "Does it still hurt?" "Not really." Charli does a jerky twirl mid air and winces a little. "Just really sensitive, I guess? It's like when the wind blows across my wings, I can feel every bit of vibration through my body." Charli frowns and looks back at her scarred wings as they did another heavy flap. "It's kinda weird actually." Amarin flaps her wings, sending a powerful gust towards Charli as the Spiral continues to practice hovering. It is an important skill to not waste energy more than what is necessary, especially for a travelling clan. Amarin worries for the day they decide to leave. It could be any moment now, given that Justice and Fridr were fully healed and strong with the ample training sessions they had received. "Amarin." "Yes dear?" "Pharahn's asked me if I'd like to be a warrior." Charli says softly. "To fight for what's right." Amarin frowns. She knew that Pharahn has taken interest in Charli, and she knows that they had been spending time together, much to her chargrin. But she never did expect Pharahn to scout Charli outright. Subtlety was more of his style of approach. Was he desperate? "Charli, gather your clan. We're leaving." "Leaving? Where to?" ------- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/s0BV4jp.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/Tn8ZXjZ.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/wPHnoOK.png[/img][/center] Justice packs food and water while Fridr gathers up the remains of their belongings before they met at the gates. Watching Charli, upbeat and healthy again had been a great mood lifter these days. Amarin walks behind Charli, her face was solemn and far behind stood Pharahn. "Have you any idea where will you being going from here?" Amarin asks the clan as Charli regroups. Fridr shakes his head lightly. "We'll see where the path takes us." "If so, may I suggest the Viridian Labyrinth? It was destroyed by Fire a while ago. I'd love to visit." Fridr inclines his head. "Good then, we'll set the route for Nature!" Justice adds. "If the place was as you said, the land should be flourished and new again." "Yes." Amarin smiles. "It'll be a brand new land." Phoenix cocks her head at Amarin. "Does this mean you're coming with us? What about your mate?' "I longed for him to step out of his guilt. Perhaps this is best, for both of us." Amarin explained. "Pharahn will still be remembered dearly in my heart." She just couldn't stay. Amarin turns back as the sun begins to set, casting a bright orange glow on Pharahn. Standing beneath the fiery sky, Pharahn looked small, yet his passion burns more than the Sun. His silhouette fades into the sky as Amarin walks further from the place she once called home. Exactly a year ago, she was brought her as part of his story. Now, she leaves in search of a new life, a journey to call her own. She blinks away the tears glistening in her eyes and smiles. She'll never forget him. The one who stole her dreams from her, yet he was hers and she loves him. Her savior. Her mate. Her history. --------- [center][b]Arc 1:New Lands Created - END[/b][/center]
Day 95
Tn8ZXjZ.pngox7exYj.png

"Were you always a noisy flier?" Amarin cocks her head in question during another practice session with Charli. Charli has been using her wings more now and while she isn't graceful in the sky, Charli is glad to finally feel the breeze against her face once more.

"I was. Flying is hard." Charli explains. "At least I think I was, Justy said i lap them too hard."

"Does it still hurt?"

"Not really." Charli does a jerky twirl mid air and winces a little. "Just really sensitive, I guess? It's like when the wind blows across my wings, I can feel every bit of vibration through my body."

Charli frowns and looks back at her scarred wings as they did another heavy flap. "It's kinda weird actually."

Amarin flaps her wings, sending a powerful gust towards Charli as the Spiral continues to practice hovering. It is an important skill to not waste energy more than what is necessary, especially for a travelling clan. Amarin worries for the day they decide to leave. It could be any moment now, given that Justice and Fridr were fully healed and strong with the ample training sessions they had received.

"Amarin."

"Yes dear?"

"Pharahn's asked me if I'd like to be a warrior." Charli says softly. "To fight for what's right."

Amarin frowns. She knew that Pharahn has taken interest in Charli, and she knows that they had been spending time together, much to her chargrin. But she never did expect Pharahn to scout Charli outright. Subtlety was more of his style of approach. Was he desperate?

"Charli, gather your clan. We're leaving."

"Leaving? Where to?"

s0BV4jp.pngTn8ZXjZ.pngwPHnoOK.png

Justice packs food and water while Fridr gathers up the remains of their belongings before they met at the gates. Watching Charli, upbeat and healthy again had been a great mood lifter these days.

Amarin walks behind Charli, her face was solemn and far behind stood Pharahn.

"Have you any idea where will you being going from here?" Amarin asks the clan as Charli regroups.

Fridr shakes his head lightly. "We'll see where the path takes us."

"If so, may I suggest the Viridian Labyrinth? It was destroyed by Fire a while ago. I'd love to visit."

Fridr inclines his head.

"Good then, we'll set the route for Nature!" Justice adds. "If the place was as you said, the land should be flourished and new again."

"Yes." Amarin smiles. "It'll be a brand new land."

Phoenix cocks her head at Amarin. "Does this mean you're coming with us? What about your mate?'

"I longed for him to step out of his guilt. Perhaps this is best, for both of us." Amarin explained. "Pharahn will still be remembered dearly in my heart."

She just couldn't stay.

Amarin turns back as the sun begins to set, casting a bright orange glow on Pharahn. Standing beneath the fiery sky, Pharahn looked small, yet his passion burns more than the Sun. His silhouette fades into the sky as Amarin walks further from the place she once called home.

Exactly a year ago, she was brought her as part of his story. Now, she leaves in search of a new life, a journey to call her own. She blinks away the tears glistening in her eyes and smiles.

She'll never forget him. The one who stole her dreams from her, yet he was hers and she loves him.

Her savior.

Her mate.

Her history.
Arc 1:New Lands Created - END
ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
[b]Character Introduction Sheet[/b] [size=2] These introductions are written when the dragons first joined the clan. Updates on their well being and personality will be written in the story. New dragons' profiles will be updated here.[/size] [center][u]Emilio - The hermit[/u][/center] [columns][center] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/308745/30874493.png[/img][/center][nextcol] Once Emilio left the scrublands, he stumbled upon the boneyard, an empty nest field with one nest with a pair of, seemingly, abandoned eggs. He tucked the eggs into his armor and left, his mind whirring with the thought of starting a new clan and saving these two children. Unbeknownst to Emilio, he had stolen the two prized children of a very powerful Plague clan. One hatched while he was leaving the clans land, a large Ridgeback that was pitch black with a smattering of purple on his wings. The other hatchling was a Mirror, who hatched as he entered the nature flight. The two dragonlings were near opposites, Tiberius, the Ridgeback, was large and imposing and almost constantly bothering his brother Duhar, the Mirror. He took the two drakes and secluded himself in the lands of the Light flight, carving out a small home in the cliffs overlooking the river that separated the light and nature lands.[/columns] [center][u]Tiberius - The clan diviner[/u][/center] [columns] It had been an accident, Duhar had gotten on his nerves again and so when the drake felt his anger flare up he knocked him on the head, maybe a bit harder than he should of. He knew he had truly messed up when he saw the mirror recoil and start to wail, his tongue on the ground instead of in his mouth. In Tiberius' panic his magic flared up, a horrifying mix of plague healing and arcane mishap, and the poor mirrors voice stopped before their father could come and see what had happened. Duhar was still shrieking, but no sound was coming, the bleeding stopped, but Tiberius knew what had happened. His brothers voice was gone, taken away by his own magic. Tiberius ran to Emilio, the old mirror had been talking to a wildclaw that they had taken in for a few nights to let her rest before she had to continue on some trip. "Dad, I did something bad to Du and I don't know how to fix it." [nextcol][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/449872/44987185.png[/img][/center][/columns] [center][u]Duhar - The clan scout[/u][/center] [columns][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/213850/21384992.png[/img][/center][nextcol] The first thing he knew was that everything was cold. He glanced around the greyscale room and realized that it wasn't cold, he couldn't see right. His smaller eyes were damaged somehow. He pushed himself to his feet just as a familiar form entered, their spines shimmering in the light brought in from the outside. His brother sat near him, muttering something about a fae and that fighting like that was going to kill you someday Duhar please think about that next time." Duhar looked up and nodded at his brother, bumping into his shoulder to show thanks before exiting the room carved into the cliff, wincing as the sun hit his eyes in the doorway.[/columns] [center][u]Ali - The lead hunter[/u][/center] [columns] She stood proudly in the forest, the other dragons in the clan around her in a large circle, a few tired from the day of sparring. "Who else wants to challenge me, who else wants to be the head of the hunts from now on!" She cast a glance around her, looking all the young dragons in the face before grinning. A few moments passed before Duhar, the poor son of the leader entered the circle, a set of antlers pushed out of his temples before he nodded at Ali, his wide rack lowered. She steadied herself for when the mirror charged, his wings scarred and torn pulled tight to his body. She could spot Tiberius in the crowd, the towering Ridgeback sticking out with his large crystalline mane casting purple and pinks all around the clearing. Duhar collided with Ali and the two fought, the wildclaw tiring after a few collisions, but she held fast and beat the mirror out with stamina. After Duhar submitted the crowd dispersed, and the mirror nodded before waking to his brother, climbing onto his back before Tiberius flapped his wings, taking off towards the lair. [nextcol][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/420868/42086712.png[/img][/center][/columns] [center][u]Notori - The clan healer[/u][/center] [columns][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/432130/43212926.png[/img][/center][nextcol] She stood before Emilio, the old mirror watching her with unblinking eyes, filling her with anxiety before he smiled. The wildclaw next to him gestured for her to follow, leading her into the hidden lair of the thief. It was busy, dragons walking from rooms carved into the walls of the cliff, a large circular opening showed the moon and stars, a sight so different from the tangled wood. Notori nodded along as Ali showed her to the room she'd be staying in. "Our resident Ridgebacks just finished carving it, so pardon the dust." As she finished her sentence, two Ridge's exited the room, a brown dirt covered on talking animatedly to a second, smaller one with bright crystals seemingly growing out of his back. He turned to the fae and she gasped when she noticed the dual colored eyes, red and pink, plague and arcane. [i]Theres one, but wheres the second, wheres the mirror?[/i] Notori looked around before seeing a mirror that looked like it was chewed up by the Earthshaker and spit out. He walked up to her first mark and was promptly picked up and placed on his back. [i]Curious, I may need some more help than I anticipated.[/i] She let herself be lead and shown around, making mental notes to meet with her contact again before trying to take the stolen children back home.[/columns] [center][u]Krylin - The scorned pastor[/u][/center][columns] After tracking the thief across 2 flights, I finally discovered their hiding place. A cliffside that my sons helped build. I know the ridgeback carved it, his brother is too sickly to help much past suggesting placements, while the thief mirror oversees it all, resting from his hard travel. I could go in there right now and sieze my children, return them to their home and show them their grieving clan. But the mirror, Emilio, has almost manipulated them, telling them that he is their father. I must stay and watch, make sure that the boys aren't harmed, my clan would have my wings if the two saviors were hurt in any way.[nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/436522/43652165.png[/img][/columns]
Character Introduction Sheet
These introductions are written when the dragons first joined the clan. Updates on their well being and personality will be written in the story. New dragons' profiles will be updated here.
Emilio - The hermit
30874493.png
Once Emilio left the scrublands, he stumbled upon the boneyard, an empty nest field with one nest with a pair of, seemingly, abandoned eggs. He tucked the eggs into his armor and left, his mind whirring with the thought of starting a new clan and saving these two children. Unbeknownst to Emilio, he had stolen the two prized children of a very powerful Plague clan. One hatched while he was leaving the clans land, a large Ridgeback that was pitch black with a smattering of purple on his wings. The other hatchling was a Mirror, who hatched as he entered the nature flight. The two dragonlings were near opposites, Tiberius, the Ridgeback, was large and imposing and almost constantly bothering his brother Duhar, the Mirror. He took the two drakes and secluded himself in the lands of the Light flight, carving out a small home in the cliffs overlooking the river that separated the light and nature lands.

Tiberius - The clan diviner
It had been an accident, Duhar had gotten on his nerves again and so when the drake felt his anger flare up he knocked him on the head, maybe a bit harder than he should of. He knew he had truly messed up when he saw the mirror recoil and start to wail, his tongue on the ground instead of in his mouth. In Tiberius' panic his magic flared up, a horrifying mix of plague healing and arcane mishap, and the poor mirrors voice stopped before their father could come and see what had happened. Duhar was still shrieking, but no sound was coming, the bleeding stopped, but Tiberius knew what had happened. His brothers voice was gone, taken away by his own magic. Tiberius ran to Emilio, the old mirror had been talking to a wildclaw that they had taken in for a few nights to let her rest before she had to continue on some trip. "Dad, I did something bad to Du and I don't know how to fix it."
44987185.png

Duhar - The clan scout
21384992.png
The first thing he knew was that everything was cold. He glanced around the greyscale room and realized that it wasn't cold, he couldn't see right. His smaller eyes were damaged somehow. He pushed himself to his feet just as a familiar form entered, their spines shimmering in the light brought in from the outside. His brother sat near him, muttering something about a fae and that fighting like that was going to kill you someday Duhar please think about that next time." Duhar looked up and nodded at his brother, bumping into his shoulder to show thanks before exiting the room carved into the cliff, wincing as the sun hit his eyes in the doorway.

Ali - The lead hunter
She stood proudly in the forest, the other dragons in the clan around her in a large circle, a few tired from the day of sparring. "Who else wants to challenge me, who else wants to be the head of the hunts from now on!" She cast a glance around her, looking all the young dragons in the face before grinning. A few moments passed before Duhar, the poor son of the leader entered the circle, a set of antlers pushed out of his temples before he nodded at Ali, his wide rack lowered. She steadied herself for when the mirror charged, his wings scarred and torn pulled tight to his body. She could spot Tiberius in the crowd, the towering Ridgeback sticking out with his large crystalline mane casting purple and pinks all around the clearing. Duhar collided with Ali and the two fought, the wildclaw tiring after a few collisions, but she held fast and beat the mirror out with stamina. After Duhar submitted the crowd dispersed, and the mirror nodded before waking to his brother, climbing onto his back before Tiberius flapped his wings, taking off towards the lair.
42086712.png

Notori - The clan healer
43212926.png
She stood before Emilio, the old mirror watching her with unblinking eyes, filling her with anxiety before he smiled. The wildclaw next to him gestured for her to follow, leading her into the hidden lair of the thief. It was busy, dragons walking from rooms carved into the walls of the cliff, a large circular opening showed the moon and stars, a sight so different from the tangled wood. Notori nodded along as Ali showed her to the room she'd be staying in. "Our resident Ridgebacks just finished carving it, so pardon the dust." As she finished her sentence, two Ridge's exited the room, a brown dirt covered on talking animatedly to a second, smaller one with bright crystals seemingly growing out of his back. He turned to the fae and she gasped when she noticed the dual colored eyes, red and pink, plague and arcane. Theres one, but wheres the second, wheres the mirror? Notori looked around before seeing a mirror that looked like it was chewed up by the Earthshaker and spit out. He walked up to her first mark and was promptly picked up and placed on his back. Curious, I may need some more help than I anticipated. She let herself be lead and shown around, making mental notes to meet with her contact again before trying to take the stolen children back home.

Krylin - The scorned pastor
After tracking the thief across 2 flights, I finally discovered their hiding place. A cliffside that my sons helped build. I know the ridgeback carved it, his brother is too sickly to help much past suggesting placements, while the thief mirror oversees it all, resting from his hard travel. I could go in there right now and sieze my children, return them to their home and show them their grieving clan. But the mirror, Emilio, has almost manipulated them, telling them that he is their father. I must stay and watch, make sure that the boys aren't harmed, my clan would have my wings if the two saviors were hurt in any way. 43652165.png
I'm Alex, 20, he/him
Arc 2: Substance Freeze Day 2 ------- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/308745/30874493.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/449872/44987185.png[/img] [/center] Emilio lay on his chair, resting in the light that filtered into the room from small holes carved into the roof of the stone room. He closes his eyes, taking in the rooms warmth before he felt a presence in the room with him. Opening the larger set of eyes, he smiles when he recognizes his son Tiberius, the crystals on his back refracting light all around the small chamber. "Hello my child, what do you need of me, or did you just want to blind me with your radiance this fine afternoon?" Tiberius chuckles, a deep sound vibrating from his chest before shaking his head. "I simply wanted to tell you that I've seen something, the Fire lands were struck by calamity, so we might have an influx of visitors trying to take refuge. Ali already knows to keep an eye out, but I thought I'd tell you before he brought in some flaming strays." Emilio nods, stretching his aching wings before resting his head down and closing his eyes. "Anything else my boy? Did you see anything about our harvests, or any other sort of doom that will strike the land?" Tiberius shakes his head, then as an afterthought says, "Well, its close to winter it seems, so we may need to harvest early, might even need to go out and stock up on some meat and other things too by the looks of it." Emilio nods, and hears Tiberius leave the chamber, the crystals that make up his mane rattling gently as the larger dragon exits. Emilio sighs, hoping that the winter isn't as fierce as his son says. He's never been wrong, but there have been times when he misread a situation and thought it more dire than it ended up being. Even then, Emilio stands, his muscles reluctant until he stretches his legs before leaving his room. ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/420868/42086712.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/213850/21384992.png[/img][/center] Ali stalked around the perimeter of the clans land, her footfalls silent as she peered around tree trunks and the odd shrub. She heard a rustle and turned, her wings flared out at the target. She nearly launched herself at the noise before realizing it was Duhar, coming back from a scouting expedition with his familiar, a large Toridae that Drakko had to help him wrestle down before it killed the mirror. "See anything Har? Tiber told me that Fire was hit with an earthquake or something, you find anything there?" Duhar shakes his head, his tail whipping around behind him for a second before he looks back to where he came, screwing his face up before pointing towards the clans lair, walking forwards a bit before turning to make sure Ali followed. She did, making sure to stay aware of the sounds of the woods before beginning the trek down the rough stone steps carved into the cliff face. Folding her wings back, she looked across the water towards the Viridian Labyrinth, longing to return to her original home.
Arc 2: Substance Freeze
Day 2
30874493.png
44987185.png

Emilio lay on his chair, resting in the light that filtered into the room from small holes carved into the roof of the stone room. He closes his eyes, taking in the rooms warmth before he felt a presence in the room with him. Opening the larger set of eyes, he smiles when he recognizes his son Tiberius, the crystals on his back refracting light all around the small chamber. "Hello my child, what do you need of me, or did you just want to blind me with your radiance this fine afternoon?" Tiberius chuckles, a deep sound vibrating from his chest before shaking his head. "I simply wanted to tell you that I've seen something, the Fire lands were struck by calamity, so we might have an influx of visitors trying to take refuge. Ali already knows to keep an eye out, but I thought I'd tell you before he brought in some flaming strays." Emilio nods, stretching his aching wings before resting his head down and closing his eyes. "Anything else my boy? Did you see anything about our harvests, or any other sort of doom that will strike the land?" Tiberius shakes his head, then as an afterthought says, "Well, its close to winter it seems, so we may need to harvest early, might even need to go out and stock up on some meat and other things too by the looks of it." Emilio nods, and hears Tiberius leave the chamber, the crystals that make up his mane rattling gently as the larger dragon exits. Emilio sighs, hoping that the winter isn't as fierce as his son says. He's never been wrong, but there have been times when he misread a situation and thought it more dire than it ended up being. Even then, Emilio stands, his muscles reluctant until he stretches his legs before leaving his room.
42086712.png
21384992.png

Ali stalked around the perimeter of the clans land, her footfalls silent as she peered around tree trunks and the odd shrub. She heard a rustle and turned, her wings flared out at the target. She nearly launched herself at the noise before realizing it was Duhar, coming back from a scouting expedition with his familiar, a large Toridae that Drakko had to help him wrestle down before it killed the mirror. "See anything Har? Tiber told me that Fire was hit with an earthquake or something, you find anything there?" Duhar shakes his head, his tail whipping around behind him for a second before he looks back to where he came, screwing his face up before pointing towards the clans lair, walking forwards a bit before turning to make sure Ali followed. She did, making sure to stay aware of the sounds of the woods before beginning the trek down the rough stone steps carved into the cliff face. Folding her wings back, she looked across the water towards the Viridian Labyrinth, longing to return to her original home.
I'm Alex, 20, he/him
Arc 2: Substance Freeze Day 14 ------ [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wPHnoOK.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Tn8ZXjZ.png[/img][/center] Warmth spreads through Fridr's body as though he might explode from the overwhelming emotion surging through him. A large shadow flew overhead, followed by sounding laughter brought up by a chase between the young ones. Fridr chuckles uncontrollably. It feels good to be travelling in a pack once more. "Charli, do slow down." Amarin reminds gently. She has taken to walking with Fridr on the grounds as the children play in the air. "I wonder if there are forests!" Phoenix cried out expectantly. "I've never seen one before!" Fridr laughs. "There will be so much green that could make you sick." Amarin lowers her head as she steals a glance at Fridr, both of them had agreed to discuss in private, afterall, they didn't want to unnerve the others - the attack on the Fire Nation. Legends once said that a powerful being tore through the very lands they set foot on. One with great strength to stand beside the Deities, could it be that the force had awoken after centuries of hiding? While some myths said that the being had been destroyed. After watching the events unfolding in Fire, Fridr stopped believing that the god-like creature was dead. After all, the young Fae did mention something about Charli and her powers. If those legends prove to be true, who is to say truly that monsters don't exist? "What's your insight on Charli?" "My... Insight?" Amarin asks. "She's a quick learner, and-" "No, I meant her powers." "I don't believe it." Amarin replies. "I didn't believe that she could survive that accident either. Yet here she is." Fridr smiles, but the stern atmosphere that set between them didn't lift. "Yes. Perhaps, in each of us, a hidden power stays recessive. Perhaps, only brought out by life-threatening situations. An innate ability, a primitive drive for survival." Amarin listened intently. [i]In each of us lies a potential to overthrow the Deities[/i]. She kept that thought to herself, and when Fridr didn't continue, she knew that their short conversation was over. He doesn't talk much, and recently, neither does she for both of them had greater things to worry for.
Day 14
wPHnoOK.png Tn8ZXjZ.png
Warmth spreads through Fridr's body as though he might explode from the overwhelming emotion surging through him. A large shadow flew overhead, followed by sounding laughter brought up by a chase between the young ones. Fridr chuckles uncontrollably. It feels good to be travelling in a pack once more.

"Charli, do slow down." Amarin reminds gently. She has taken to walking with Fridr on the grounds as the children play in the air.

"I wonder if there are forests!" Phoenix cried out expectantly. "I've never seen one before!"

Fridr laughs. "There will be so much green that could make you sick."

Amarin lowers her head as she steals a glance at Fridr, both of them had agreed to discuss in private, afterall, they didn't want to unnerve the others - the attack on the Fire Nation.

Legends once said that a powerful being tore through the very lands they set foot on. One with great strength to stand beside the Deities, could it be that the force had awoken after centuries of hiding? While some myths said that the being had been destroyed. After watching the events unfolding in Fire, Fridr stopped believing that the god-like creature was dead.

After all, the young Fae did mention something about Charli and her powers. If those legends prove to be true, who is to say truly that monsters don't exist? "What's your insight on Charli?"

"My... Insight?" Amarin asks. "She's a quick learner, and-"

"No, I meant her powers."

"I don't believe it." Amarin replies. "I didn't believe that she could survive that accident either. Yet here she is."

Fridr smiles, but the stern atmosphere that set between them didn't lift. "Yes. Perhaps, in each of us, a hidden power stays recessive. Perhaps, only brought out by life-threatening situations. An innate ability, a primitive drive for survival."

Amarin listened intently. In each of us lies a potential to overthrow the Deities. She kept that thought to herself, and when Fridr didn't continue, she knew that their short conversation was over. He doesn't talk much, and recently, neither does she for both of them had greater things to worry for.
ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
Arc 2: Substance Freeze Day 20 ------- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/449872/44987185p.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/308745/30874493p.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/432130/43212926p.png[/img][/center] It wasn't often that Tiberius was summoned by his father, but when it did happen he dressed in his finest clothes and walked across the grounds, head held high and his alchemy supplies hanging on his side. The ridgeback towered over most of the other dragons, save for the only other ridgeback present. As he entered the chamber that his father conducted clan business, he barely noticed the newest member of the clan, a small black fae, perched on a tree that had shoved its branches into the room. Emilio rose from his platform at the head of the room and nodded to Tiberius. "Tib, this is Notori, a reputable healer from the Shadow lands. As you know she's new here, and she came tome to propose that she becomes the clan healer so that you can focus your energies on divination and alchemy. What do you think about this?" The ridgeback thought for a moment, then nodded. "Wonderful. Notori, you'll be moved closer to Tiberius' lab and healing quarters so the trip isn't as long in case of emergency, and he will help get you settled and show you around." The fae fluttered up and nodded vigorously, then waited for Tiberius to lead the way, anxiously eyeing his crystalline back before making a mental note for her next rendezvous with her client soon. [i]Will a corrupt son still be taken as a son? And what about the mirror, torn to shreds but still living, and born of nature to boot.[/i] ------ [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/213850/21384992p.png[/img][/center] Duhar prowled through the bush, after his short visit home he had left nearly as fast as he came, heading through the river between Nature and Light had been a challenge, but thankfully a fellow traveling dragon took him across before heading off herself. Tiberius had seen a cold winter, and Duhar needed to travel here to collect a relic from Ali's old clan before returning, as it was soon her hatchday and he needed to bring her something. Soon he came upon a clearing with a copse of trees in the shape of a rough shelter. Tired from a long day of travel, Duhar walked to the trees, his footsteps echoing against the trees before he collapses into the soft bed of pine needles and leaves that had fallen from the surrounding trees.
Day 20
44987185p.png30874493p.png43212926p.png

It wasn't often that Tiberius was summoned by his father, but when it did happen he dressed in his finest clothes and walked across the grounds, head held high and his alchemy supplies hanging on his side. The ridgeback towered over most of the other dragons, save for the only other ridgeback present. As he entered the chamber that his father conducted clan business, he barely noticed the newest member of the clan, a small black fae, perched on a tree that had shoved its branches into the room. Emilio rose from his platform at the head of the room and nodded to Tiberius. "Tib, this is Notori, a reputable healer from the Shadow lands. As you know she's new here, and she came tome to propose that she becomes the clan healer so that you can focus your energies on divination and alchemy. What do you think about this?" The ridgeback thought for a moment, then nodded. "Wonderful. Notori, you'll be moved closer to Tiberius' lab and healing quarters so the trip isn't as long in case of emergency, and he will help get you settled and show you around." The fae fluttered up and nodded vigorously, then waited for Tiberius to lead the way, anxiously eyeing his crystalline back before making a mental note for her next rendezvous with her client soon. Will a corrupt son still be taken as a son? And what about the mirror, torn to shreds but still living, and born of nature to boot.
21384992p.png

Duhar prowled through the bush, after his short visit home he had left nearly as fast as he came, heading through the river between Nature and Light had been a challenge, but thankfully a fellow traveling dragon took him across before heading off herself. Tiberius had seen a cold winter, and Duhar needed to travel here to collect a relic from Ali's old clan before returning, as it was soon her hatchday and he needed to bring her something. Soon he came upon a clearing with a copse of trees in the shape of a rough shelter. Tired from a long day of travel, Duhar walked to the trees, his footsteps echoing against the trees before he collapses into the soft bed of pine needles and leaves that had fallen from the surrounding trees.
I'm Alex, 20, he/him
Arc 2: Substance Freeze Day 30 --------- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wPHnoOK.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ox7exYj.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZDtWfyF.png[/img][/center] "Woaahhhhhhh!" Phoenix exclaims with a wide-eyed Charli oggling at the new sight before them. "This is it!" Amarin chuckles, "Yes it is. Not like how it was before, but it's beautiful." If the Viridian Labyrinth smelled of sweet flowers and fresh grass at the entrance, Charli wondered how much better it would be when they were in. Weeks of wondering what Nature would be like - would it be spooky like Shadow, or intimidating like Fire? But the sight that greeted her was nothing like she thought it would be. Charli closed her eyes as she stepped onto the plain and flicked her ears at the sound of grass crackling at her feet. [i]It feels so good.[/i] "Are we going to stay here?" Charli asked. "Maybe." Fridr replied. "Maybe not. Do you like it?" "Mmm!" Charli exclaimed. "More than anything I've seen!" "More than anything I've seen!" Phoenix echoed. Fridr stretched out on the grass before laying down. "Take the chance to rest up. We'll head out once Justice comes back." --------- [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/s0BV4jp.png[/img][/center] Justice grunted as the tip of his wings got caught in another branch. Despite the bright outlook the forest has from the outside, the overgrowth was dense, only letting streaks of light from where there was movement in the trees. Justice shivered uncontrollably, the eeriness of dark forests still gave him the creeps. For the clan, Justice had to do this. It wasn't a role bestowed unto him, it was something he wanted to do right by. A scout for the safest path, to guide the pack through difficult routes, to ensure the clan doesn't go hungry; Justice may not the leader, but he had an important role to play. Another twig snapped at his tail, and Justice couldn't help but sigh when he approaches a clearing of the forest. The sky was dark but the starlight shone brightly, illuminating the plain before him. Justice stretched out his wings for the first time in hours and smiled. [i]That felt good[/i]. Perhaps, he should continue the journey tomorrow, for now, it's time to rest. Curling his long body together for warmth, Justice decided to leave his wings outstretched. Who knows when will he get the opportunity to do so again in the next few hours?
Day 30
wPHnoOK.png ox7exYj.png ZDtWfyF.png

"Woaahhhhhhh!" Phoenix exclaims with a wide-eyed Charli oggling at the new sight before them. "This is it!"

Amarin chuckles, "Yes it is. Not like how it was before, but it's beautiful."

If the Viridian Labyrinth smelled of sweet flowers and fresh grass at the entrance, Charli wondered how much better it would be when they were in. Weeks of wondering what Nature would be like - would it be spooky like Shadow, or intimidating like Fire? But the sight that greeted her was nothing like she thought it would be. Charli closed her eyes as she stepped onto the plain and flicked her ears at the sound of grass crackling at her feet. It feels so good.

"Are we going to stay here?" Charli asked.

"Maybe." Fridr replied. "Maybe not. Do you like it?"

"Mmm!" Charli exclaimed. "More than anything I've seen!"

"More than anything I've seen!" Phoenix echoed.

Fridr stretched out on the grass before laying down. "Take the chance to rest up. We'll head out once Justice comes back."
s0BV4jp.png

Justice grunted as the tip of his wings got caught in another branch. Despite the bright outlook the forest has from the outside, the overgrowth was dense, only letting streaks of light from where there was movement in the trees. Justice shivered uncontrollably, the eeriness of dark forests still gave him the creeps.

For the clan, Justice had to do this. It wasn't a role bestowed unto him, it was something he wanted to do right by. A scout for the safest path, to guide the pack through difficult routes, to ensure the clan doesn't go hungry; Justice may not the leader, but he had an important role to play.

Another twig snapped at his tail, and Justice couldn't help but sigh when he approaches a clearing of the forest. The sky was dark but the starlight shone brightly, illuminating the plain before him. Justice stretched out his wings for the first time in hours and smiled. That felt good. Perhaps, he should continue the journey tomorrow, for now, it's time to rest.

Curling his long body together for warmth, Justice decided to leave his wings outstretched. Who knows when will he get the opportunity to do so again in the next few hours?
ORGdrPr.png

pLsLmDN.png
fg4YKEt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6