Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Monsters In A Parallel Universe [Closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/QsniXaA.png[/img] [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/eiXcYHd.png[/img] [center][font=wingdings 2][size=7][size=5]e f[/font] [font=tahoma][size=7][b]M O N S T E R S[/b] [i]- in a -[/i] PARALLEL UNIVERSE[/font] [font=wingdings 2][size=7][size=5]e f[/font][/center] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxx[/color] [font =ocr a std][size=6][b]C[/b][/font]ongrats, you made it. Most monsters don't even make it this far. You're probably very disoriented, wondering what you're doing here. Look, the world... worlds, are falling apart. Falling [i]together[/i]. And you just got dropped out of your nice, cozy parallel universe Lambda-34 all the way down into Lambda-2. I know you have no idea what that means, and I'm not expecting you to. all you need to know is that [b]you're not supposed to be here, and there are people who are hunting you[/b]. It's not my business what you decide to do, I'm just here to wake you up. I'm part of the inter-universal janitorial crew, but we're a bit overworked at the moment. If you want to claw your way back to Lambda-34, go for it. If you want to stay here and raise hell, go for it. Just try not to further destabilize the omniverse, will you? [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/S5TjrHK.png[/img] [/columns] ----- [center][size=5][font=wingdings 2]e[/font] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2475206]OOC Thread[/url] [font = wingdings 2]f[/font][/center] ----- [b]MIAPU[/b] is a roleplay taking place in a world [i]roughly[/i] based on the SCP foundation. Knowledge of the foundation isn't required, I'll explain anything you need to know. You get to choose your origin, if you want to be a monster who escaped the foundation you can, but you don't have to be. You will be playing a monster, from a parallel universe. The omniverse is slowly collapsing, and what you do about that is up to you. You can fix it, or you can try to hasten it. I will be your dungeon master, and we'll roughly be using a "[url=https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/RollToDodge?from=Main.RollToDodge]roll to dodge[/url]" style RP, where I will roll a die to determine if your actions succeed or fail. Because of this, [b]shorter[/b] responses are preferred. [b]There are four slots open, after which this will close.[/b] To apply for a slot, fill out the following questions describing your monster: [b]You DO NOT have to look human! You can look like a giant wolf or squid or something if you'd like!![/b] [code]What do you look like? What can you do? How do you hide? What do you want? What are your weaknesses? How smart are you? How do you see/hear/etc? How do you communicate? How well known are you?[/code] and post them here. Please try to make your character balanced and interesting; a broken character ruins the fun for everyone else. You are free to provide any additional information, but you must provide at least that information in bullet form. You can use your FR dragons if you want, but it's not required. As an example, Wolverine from X-Men would answer those questions like this: What do you look like? A normal, strongly-built human male. Silver 10" retractable blades in hands. What can you do? Supernatural healing factor, super sharp blades How do you hide? Looks like a normal human when blades aren't out. What do you want? To kill the man who created me. What are your weaknesses? Adamantium is magnetic, healing factor can't bring back memories if skull is destroyed How smart are you? Normal human How do you see/hear/etc? Normal human How do you communicate? Normal human How well known are you? Mildly an urban legend. [b]If you've got more questions, just ask! I'm subbed to this thread, so no need to ping me.[/b] ----- [quote="Slot One"] I've actually never done this, so you'll have to bear with me as I learn how to! Chaveer What do you look like? A short, albeit, healthy 15 y.o. boy, whose legs and arms seem to be out of proportion. He has ash-brown hair, with eyes that seem to shift slightly, but it's just grey most of the time. They're pretty normal, except they have many eyes that cover their face, no mouth in sight. (It's on their neck.) He normally wears a slightly-oversized hoodie with some standard sweatpants. What can you do? He has advanced eyesight, which allows him to see things a normal human-or monster, for that matter-would see. How do you hide? He normally has a mask on, while not very conventional, it gets the job done. What do you want? Honestly, he doesn't really know. Get back home? Perhaps. Cause some ruckus? Maybe. He just goes with the flow, sees where it'll get him. What are your weaknesses? He's not too emotionally strong. Having a lot of eyes makes him more scared of the closer someone is to him, what they might do. Even he can't see that. Fear gets to him way too quickly. How smart are you? He's only smart enough to know what he can see that others can't. Other than that, not too above-average. How do you see/hear/etc? His eyesight is heightened, but the rest of his senses are about average. How do you communicate? He speaks softly, but it's always muffled a bit. No one really knows where his voice comes from and no one wants to find out. How well known are you? It's not easy to pass by wearing a mask, even where he comes from. The mask makes him mysterious, somewhat scary. So it leads to him becoming pretty well known. [/quote] [quote=Slot Two] Ooh, I haven't done something like this in years! Thanks for pinging me, I'm definitely interested. Character: Newton "Newt" Muller What do you look like? A somewhat gawky 17 year old boy with messy red-brown hair and pale blue eyes. He is dressed in ordinary civilian wear- jeans, t-shirt, and a black and red letterman jacket. What can you do? Newt is actually not a human, but an experimental "perfect organism." Every cell of his body can reprogram itself on the fly, allowing him to shift and control his body in numerous ways. He can shift his body parts into makeshift weapons and tools, form a carapace-like armor over himself, and stretch and contort himself in ways physically impossible for an ordinary person. How do you hide? When not using his abilities, he looks like an ordinary human teenager. What do you want? To find out how he became what he is, and get back home. What are your weaknesses? His cellular structure begins to degrade and mutate rapidly if he does not have a regular source of biomatter to consume. Additionally, his powers are still new to him and rather frightening, so he does not know how to make use of them effectively. How smart are you? As smart as an average high school student. How do you see/hear/etc? Roughly the same as a normal human, though he can shift the structure of his sensory organs to become more powerful (such as giving himself acute hearing or thermal vision) if he concentrates. How do you communicate? As expected. How well known are you? Entirely unknown, even to the people working on the project that created him. His existence was an unintended mistake. [/quote] [quote name="Slot Three" ] [b]Character:[/b] Wraith [b]What do you look like?:[/b] A grey creature with a vaguely human-like feminine body, with two pairs of arms. The upper pair has a scythe roughly the same size as the arm on each one, while the lower arms have three clawed-fingers and thumb claws. There are two pairs of long spines sprouting from the upper back. Instead of normal legs, in their place are three tentacle/tail-like appendages that trail behind them. [center][img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/aliens/images/7/7c/Wraith.png/revision/latest?cb=20150909223715.png[/img][/center] [b]What can you do?:[/b] Wraith is capable of a full arsenal of psychic abilities. Since she is incapable of normal movement, she must use her powers to 'float' above the ground. She can access Warp Speed, moving at around 178 mph during said Warp. Other abilities include Turning invisible, Creating clones that can fight for her, Creating explosions after her Warp, Sucking the life out of prey through psychic interaction, and can Create a small supernova, giving herself increased attack and speed while inside of the resulting psychic dome that is created. [b]How do you hide?:[/b] Unlike her larger predecessors who were around 20ft tall, this Wraith was the runt of her litter, only measuring about 12ft fully grown. As such, she is easily able to hide, given she has proper cover. She normally doesn't go near humans unless she thinks they won't hurt her on sight. [b]What do you want?:[/b] Unlike other monsters of her kind, she wants to learn more about the world surrounding her, and will do most anything to do so. [b]What are your weaknesses?:[/b] While Wraith is capable of floating, she is unable to go higher than 2.5 meters into the air without straining her abilities. Despite the fact that she can Warp, she can only do so in short bursts. The farthest she can go is 6 meters before she has to briefly leave Warp Speed. She can warp up to three times consecutively, but must take time to let her energies charge up in order to warp again, typically taking 2 minutes per warp used. Her invisibility only lasts for a max of 5 minutes, or until she is attacked. She can only make one clone at a time, and they are very easily destroyed. While her Supernova is powerful, the dome is only about as large as Wraith herself, so only those within melee range of her upon activation are in any real danger. [b]How smart are you?:[/b] When she consumes the life force of an entity, she briefly has access to that being's mind, and by extent, their memories and knowledge. Most monsters use that to boost their growth, but this Wraith integrates it into herself. As a result, she is capable of learning from her victims. She has high intelligence for her kind, which basically means Average-Human-Level intelligence. She understands the human spoken and written language, though she has trouble using it herself. Monster claws and vocal chords aren't really meant for human speech and script. [b]How do you see/hear/etc?:[/b] Despite technically not having eyes, her psychic abilities allow her to view the world around her, albeit with somewhat muted colors. She has excellent smell and hearing, fit for a predator of her caliber. [b]How do you communicate?:[/b] Unfortunately, despite being highly advance with human-level intelligence, she is still an animal. She can communicate with other animals, but humans are more difficult. She can technically speak English, though it has growling undertones that almost overtake the words being spoken, making it hard to tell what she says without paying close attention, and even then Wraith needs to speak slowly to allow her words to be heard clearly. [b]How well known are you?:[/b] Wraith stays well away from most people, so very few know of her. The ones who did... Well, they're not exactly around to tell that tale anymore. [/quote] [quote name="MistressMagpie" date="2018-07-04 20:09:55" ] Name: Connie or Subject 28 Age: 19 Gender: Female Sexuality: Pansexual What do you look like? Humanoid, with medium brown skin and purple hair. Her eyes are different colored, one purple and one orange. She has an intricate red tattoo on her face that looks like stylized vines creeping over and around her left eye. She wears a tank top that was probably once white, but is now covered in dirt and old bloodstains, along with a pair of battered, faded blue jeans, and worn brown combat boots. Her hair is long enough to cover the back of her thighs. She also wears a choker with purple and orange beaded strings wrapped around each other. What can you do? Connie has highly destructive magic that causes a concussive blast for a radius of a 30 meters, and can also set things on fire. She also has excellent knife-throwing skills and draws, though not very well. How do you hide? By looking human, and dangerous enough that most people avoid her. What do you want? To live a normal life. What are your weaknesses? She can't control her magic very well. Sometimes it works when she didn't want it to and sometimes it doesn't work when she wants it to. She also has a curse that causes her crippling pain when in immediate danger. This often causes the danger to worsen, because she's essentially helpless. Of course, it can also trigger her magic and kill a lot of things. How smart are you? A little smarter than most humans, but not well educated. How do you see/hear/etc? The same way humans do, but her senses are a little better. How do you communicate? By speaking. How well known are you? Not well among most people, but she's something of a legend among the 'lowlife.' She is a hired arsonist, and is known to be very good. [/quote] ------ Pinglist for future games: >Onigame
QsniXaA.png eiXcYHd.png
e f
M O N S T E R S
- in a -
PARALLEL UNIVERSE

e f

xxxxxxxxx Congrats, you made it. Most monsters don't even make it this far. You're probably very disoriented, wondering what you're doing here. Look, the world... worlds, are falling apart. Falling together. And you just got dropped out of your nice, cozy parallel universe Lambda-34 all the way down into Lambda-2. I know you have no idea what that means, and I'm not expecting you to. all you need to know is that you're not supposed to be here, and there are people who are hunting you. It's not my business what you decide to do, I'm just here to wake you up. I'm part of the inter-universal janitorial crew, but we're a bit overworked at the moment. If you want to claw your way back to Lambda-34, go for it. If you want to stay here and raise hell, go for it. Just try not to further destabilize the omniverse, will you?
S5TjrHK.png

MIAPU is a roleplay taking place in a world roughly based on the SCP foundation. Knowledge of the foundation isn't required, I'll explain anything you need to know. You get to choose your origin, if you want to be a monster who escaped the foundation you can, but you don't have to be. You will be playing a monster, from a parallel universe. The omniverse is slowly collapsing, and what you do about that is up to you. You can fix it, or you can try to hasten it.

I will be your dungeon master, and we'll roughly be using a "roll to dodge" style RP, where I will roll a die to determine if your actions succeed or fail. Because of this, shorter responses are preferred.

There are four slots open, after which this will close. To apply for a slot, fill out the following questions describing your monster:
You DO NOT have to look human! You can look like a giant wolf or squid or something if you'd like!!
Code:
What do you look like? What can you do? How do you hide? What do you want? What are your weaknesses? How smart are you? How do you see/hear/etc? How do you communicate? How well known are you?

and post them here. Please try to make your character balanced and interesting; a broken character ruins the fun for everyone else. You are free to provide any additional information, but you must provide at least that information in bullet form. You can use your FR dragons if you want, but it's not required.

As an example, Wolverine from X-Men would answer those questions like this:
What do you look like? A normal, strongly-built human male. Silver 10" retractable blades in hands.
What can you do? Supernatural healing factor, super sharp blades
How do you hide? Looks like a normal human when blades aren't out.
What do you want? To kill the man who created me.
What are your weaknesses? Adamantium is magnetic, healing factor can't bring back memories if skull is destroyed
How smart are you? Normal human
How do you see/hear/etc? Normal human
How do you communicate? Normal human
How well known are you? Mildly an urban legend.

If you've got more questions, just ask! I'm subbed to this thread, so no need to ping me.
Slot One wrote:
I've actually never done this, so you'll have to bear with me as I learn how to!

Chaveer

What do you look like?
A short, albeit, healthy 15 y.o. boy, whose legs and arms seem to be out of proportion. He has ash-brown hair, with eyes that seem to shift slightly, but it's just grey most of the time. They're pretty normal, except they have many eyes that cover their face, no mouth in sight. (It's on their neck.) He normally wears a slightly-oversized hoodie with some standard sweatpants.

What can you do?
He has advanced eyesight, which allows him to see things a normal human-or monster, for that matter-would see.

How do you hide?
He normally has a mask on, while not very conventional, it gets the job done.

What do you want?
Honestly, he doesn't really know. Get back home? Perhaps. Cause some ruckus? Maybe. He just goes with the flow, sees where it'll get him.

What are your weaknesses?
He's not too emotionally strong. Having a lot of eyes makes him more scared of the closer someone is to him, what they might do. Even he can't see that. Fear gets to him way too quickly.

How smart are you?
He's only smart enough to know what he can see that others can't. Other than that, not too above-average.

How do you see/hear/etc?
His eyesight is heightened, but the rest of his senses are about average.

How do you communicate?
He speaks softly, but it's always muffled a bit. No one really knows where his voice comes from and no one wants to find out.

How well known are you?
It's not easy to pass by wearing a mask, even where he comes from. The mask makes him mysterious, somewhat scary. So it leads to him becoming pretty well known.
Slot Two wrote:
Ooh, I haven't done something like this in years! Thanks for pinging me, I'm definitely interested.

Character: Newton "Newt" Muller

What do you look like?
A somewhat gawky 17 year old boy with messy red-brown hair and pale blue eyes. He is dressed in ordinary civilian wear- jeans, t-shirt, and a black and red letterman jacket.

What can you do?
Newt is actually not a human, but an experimental "perfect organism." Every cell of his body can reprogram itself on the fly, allowing him to shift and control his body in numerous ways. He can shift his body parts into makeshift weapons and tools, form a carapace-like armor over himself, and stretch and contort himself in ways physically impossible for an ordinary person.

How do you hide?
When not using his abilities, he looks like an ordinary human teenager.

What do you want?
To find out how he became what he is, and get back home.

His cellular structure begins to degrade and mutate rapidly if he does not have a regular source of biomatter to consume. Additionally, his powers are still new to him and rather frightening, so he does not know how to make use of them effectively.

How smart are you?
As smart as an average high school student.

How do you see/hear/etc?
Roughly the same as a normal human, though he can shift the structure of his sensory organs to become more powerful (such as giving himself acute hearing or thermal vision) if he concentrates.

How do you communicate?
As expected.

How well known are you?
Entirely unknown, even to the people working on the project that created him. His existence was an unintended mistake.
Slot Three wrote:
Character: Wraith

What do you look like?: A grey creature with a vaguely human-like feminine body, with two pairs of arms. The upper pair has a scythe roughly the same size as the arm on each one, while the lower arms have three clawed-fingers and thumb claws. There are two pairs of long spines sprouting from the upper back. Instead of normal legs, in their place are three tentacle/tail-like appendages that trail behind them.
latest?cb=20150909223715.png

What can you do?: Wraith is capable of a full arsenal of psychic abilities. Since she is incapable of normal movement, she must use her powers to 'float' above the ground. She can access Warp Speed, moving at around 178 mph during said Warp. Other abilities include Turning invisible, Creating clones that can fight for her, Creating explosions after her Warp, Sucking the life out of prey through psychic interaction, and can Create a small supernova, giving herself increased attack and speed while inside of the resulting psychic dome that is created.

How do you hide?: Unlike her larger predecessors who were around 20ft tall, this Wraith was the runt of her litter, only measuring about 12ft fully grown. As such, she is easily able to hide, given she has proper cover. She normally doesn't go near humans unless she thinks they won't hurt her on sight.

What do you want?: Unlike other monsters of her kind, she wants to learn more about the world surrounding her, and will do most anything to do so.

What are your weaknesses?: While Wraith is capable of floating, she is unable to go higher than 2.5 meters into the air without straining her abilities. Despite the fact that she can Warp, she can only do so in short bursts. The farthest she can go is 6 meters before she has to briefly leave Warp Speed. She can warp up to three times consecutively, but must take time to let her energies charge up in order to warp again, typically taking 2 minutes per warp used. Her invisibility only lasts for a max of 5 minutes, or until she is attacked. She can only make one clone at a time, and they are very easily destroyed. While her Supernova is powerful, the dome is only about as large as Wraith herself, so only those within melee range of her upon activation are in any real danger.

How smart are you?: When she consumes the life force of an entity, she briefly has access to that being's mind, and by extent, their memories and knowledge. Most monsters use that to boost their growth, but this Wraith integrates it into herself. As a result, she is capable of learning from her victims. She has high intelligence for her kind, which basically means Average-Human-Level intelligence. She understands the human spoken and written language, though she has trouble using it herself. Monster claws and vocal chords aren't really meant for human speech and script.

How do you see/hear/etc?: Despite technically not having eyes, her psychic abilities allow her to view the world around her, albeit with somewhat muted colors. She has excellent smell and hearing, fit for a predator of her caliber.

How do you communicate?: Unfortunately, despite being highly advance with human-level intelligence, she is still an animal. She can communicate with other animals, but humans are more difficult. She can technically speak English, though it has growling undertones that almost overtake the words being spoken, making it hard to tell what she says without paying close attention, and even then Wraith needs to speak slowly to allow her words to be heard clearly.

How well known are you?: Wraith stays well away from most people, so very few know of her. The ones who did... Well, they're not exactly around to tell that tale anymore.
MistressMagpie wrote on 2018-07-04 20:09:55:
Name: Connie or Subject 28
Sexuality: Pansexual

What do you look like?
Humanoid, with medium brown skin and purple hair. Her eyes are different colored, one purple and one orange. She has an intricate red tattoo on her face that looks like stylized vines creeping over and around her left eye. She wears a tank top that was probably once white, but is now covered in dirt and old bloodstains, along with a pair of battered, faded blue jeans, and worn brown combat boots. Her hair is long enough to cover the back of her thighs. She also wears a choker with purple and orange beaded strings wrapped around each other.

What can you do?
Connie has highly destructive magic that causes a concussive blast for a radius of a 30 meters, and can also set things on fire. She also has excellent knife-throwing skills and draws, though not very well.

How do you hide?
By looking human, and dangerous enough that most people avoid her.

What do you want?
To live a normal life.

She can't control her magic very well. Sometimes it works when she didn't want it to and sometimes it doesn't work when she wants it to. She also has a curse that causes her crippling pain when in immediate danger. This often causes the danger to worsen, because she's essentially helpless. Of course, it can also trigger her magic and kill a lot of things.

How smart are you?
A little smarter than most humans, but not well educated.

How do you see/hear/etc?
The same way humans do, but her senses are a little better.

How do you communicate?
By speaking.

How well known are you?
Not well among most people, but she's something of a legend among the 'lowlife.' She is a hired arsonist, and is known to be very good.

Pinglist for future games: >Onigame
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
How should I format my responses?

Because this is a Roll To Dodge style RP, your responses will be short and consist of one action that could fail. So you don't have to separate walking into separate responses, but if you want to try to hit someone with a sword and then punch them in the gut, you will. Also please write in the third-person so I can keep everyone's characters straight.

Example: Wolverine looks at the large mango. It annoys him with its sheer mango-ness, the audacity it has to be sitting there, glaring at him. He runs at it, slashing it with his claws.

DM: (1) Wolverine failed to slash the mango, and instead stabbed his friend.

This should keep the RP moving fairly quickly, because you're not expected to write novel-length responses!
How often can I respond?

As often as I respond-- I'll try to stay fairly active on this thread, and tell you the results of your actions. You don't have to wait for everyone else to respond; once I've told you the outcome of your action, you can do something else.
How should I format my responses?

Because this is a Roll To Dodge style RP, your responses will be short and consist of one action that could fail. So you don't have to separate walking into separate responses, but if you want to try to hit someone with a sword and then punch them in the gut, you will. Also please write in the third-person so I can keep everyone's characters straight.

Example: Wolverine looks at the large mango. It annoys him with its sheer mango-ness, the audacity it has to be sitting there, glaring at him. He runs at it, slashing it with his claws.

DM: (1) Wolverine failed to slash the mango, and instead stabbed his friend.

This should keep the RP moving fairly quickly, because you're not expected to write novel-length responses!
How often can I respond?

As often as I respond-- I'll try to stay fairly active on this thread, and tell you the results of your actions. You don't have to wait for everyone else to respond; once I've told you the outcome of your action, you can do something else.
-
[font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][i]Rules[/i][/size][/font] [list][*]All off-topic chatter should take place in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2475206]OOC thread[/url], not this thread. All questions should be posted there. [*]Your responses may be as long or as short as you like, but they can only include one action that can fail. Such actions include but are not limited to: [list][*]Attacking [*]Perception (trying to see if you know something crucial) [*]Lying/deception/stealing [*]Running away [*]Using abilities[/list] [*]I am your game master, and I will roll a die for each of your actions. What I roll determines how well your action works: [list][*][1] - Epic Fail. The action was not performed, and backfired horribly. [*][2] - Fail. Nothing happened. [*][3] - Partial Success. The exact degree of success is established by the GM. [*][4] - Success. The action was carried out adequately. [*][5] - Epic Success. The action succeeded in the most positive way possible. [*][6] - Overshot. Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly due to disproportionately large effort.[/list] [*]You may take a new turn [b]after I respond to you[/b], so you do not need to wait for everyone else to take their turns. [*]The goal is to be a bit faster paced, so it's not necessary to type out long responses. "character bites the monster" is sufficient. If you want to type out a long response, you are more than welcome to. My responses will usually be of equal length. [/list] ------ [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][i]It begins...[/i][/size][/font] [color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color] Chaveer, Newt, and Connie rub their heads as the world snaps back into color around them. They'd just been sitting around doing... something, they couldn't remember what anymore, when the floor had dropped out from under them. They'd felt this cosmic falling feeling and then they were here. Now, they didn't know each other. None of them were even from the same universe. But that didn't matter anymore; they were now all together in the same universe, for better or for worse. [color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color] One of them looked over, and noticed Wraith lying in a pile on the floor. They tried not to scream as they saw the fourth monster, which seemed remarkably unbothered by their presence. [color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color] They looked around, noticing that they seemed to be in a large traffic intersection in a large city. The moon was high overhead and the streets were deserted, so it had to be the middle of the night. Regardless, they had the distinct feeling they would need to find shelter soon. While most of them could pass for human at a glance, that wouldn't last for long. [color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color] They'd heard rumors of inter-dimensional janitors, horrific beings that surfed between dimensions and killed anyone caught outside of their home universe. They certainly didn't want to attract their attention, so they had better either find somewhere to hide, some way to get more powerful, or some way to get home. The y wouldn't stay unknown for long...
Rules
  • All off-topic chatter should take place in the OOC thread, not this thread. All questions should be posted there.
  • Your responses may be as long or as short as you like, but they can only include one action that can fail. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Attacking
    • Perception (trying to see if you know something crucial)
    • Lying/deception/stealing
    • Running away
    • Using abilities
  • I am your game master, and I will roll a die for each of your actions. What I roll determines how well your action works:
    • [1] - Epic Fail. The action was not performed, and backfired horribly.
    • [2] - Fail. Nothing happened.
    • [3] - Partial Success. The exact degree of success is established by the GM.
    • [4] - Success. The action was carried out adequately.
    • [5] - Epic Success. The action succeeded in the most positive way possible.
    • [6] - Overshot. Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly due to disproportionately large effort.
  • You may take a new turn after I respond to you, so you do not need to wait for everyone else to take their turns.
  • The goal is to be a bit faster paced, so it's not necessary to type out long responses. "character bites the monster" is sufficient. If you want to type out a long response, you are more than welcome to. My responses will usually be of equal length.

It begins...

xxxxxxx Chaveer, Newt, and Connie rub their heads as the world snaps back into color around them. They'd just been sitting around doing... something, they couldn't remember what anymore, when the floor had dropped out from under them. They'd felt this cosmic falling feeling and then they were here. Now, they didn't know each other. None of them were even from the same universe. But that didn't matter anymore; they were now all together in the same universe, for better or for worse.

xxxxxxx One of them looked over, and noticed Wraith lying in a pile on the floor. They tried not to scream as they saw the fourth monster, which seemed remarkably unbothered by their presence.

xxxxxxx They looked around, noticing that they seemed to be in a large traffic intersection in a large city. The moon was high overhead and the streets were deserted, so it had to be the middle of the night. Regardless, they had the distinct feeling they would need to find shelter soon. While most of them could pass for human at a glance, that wouldn't last for long.

xxxxxxx They'd heard rumors of inter-dimensional janitors, horrific beings that surfed between dimensions and killed anyone caught outside of their home universe. They certainly didn't want to attract their attention, so they had better either find somewhere to hide, some way to get more powerful, or some way to get home. The y wouldn't stay unknown for long...
-
R
R
-
Go ahead and post now, if you'd like!
Go ahead and post now, if you'd like!
-
Ooh, I haven't done something like this in years! Thanks for pinging me, I'm definitely interested.

What do you look like?
A somewhat gawky 17 year old boy with messy red-brown hair and pale blue eyes. He is dressed in ordinary civilian wear- jeans, t-shirt, and a black and red letterman jacket.

What can you do?
Newt is actually not a human, but an experimental "perfect organism." Every cell of his body can reprogram itself on the fly, allowing him to shift and control his body in numerous ways. He can shift his body parts into makeshift weapons and tools, form a carapace-like armor over himself, and stretch and contort himself in ways physically impossible for an ordinary person.

How do you hide?

What do you want?

His cellular structure begins to degrade and mutate rapidly if he does not have a regular source of biomatter to consume. Additionally, his powers are still new to him and rather frightening, so he does not know how to make use of them effectively.

How smart are you?

How do you see/hear/etc?
Roughly the same as a normal human, though he can shift the structure of his sensory organs to become more powerful (such as giving himself acute hearing or thermal vision) if he concentrates.

How do you communicate?
As expected.

How well known are you?
Entirely unknown, even to the people working on the project that created him. His existence was an unintended mistake.

What do you look like?

What can you do?

How do you hide?

What do you want?

How smart are you?

How do you see/hear/etc?

How do you communicate?
As expected.

How well known are you?
I've actually never done this, so you'll have to bear with me as I learn how to!

Chaveer

What do you look like?
A short, albeit, healthy 15 y.o. boy, whose legs and arms seem to be out of proportion. He has ash-brown hair, with eyes that seem to shift slightly, but it's just grey most of the time. They're pretty normal, except they have many eyes that cover their face, no mouth in sight. (It's on their neck.) He normally wears a slightly-oversized hoodie with some standard sweatpants.

What can you do?
He has advanced eyesight, which allows him to see things a normal human-or monster, for that matter-would see.

How do you hide?

What do you want?
Honestly, he doesn't really know. Get back home? Perhaps. Cause some ruckus? Maybe. He just goes with the flow, sees where it'll get him.

He's not too emotionally strong. Having a lot of eyes makes him more scared of the closer someone is to him, what they might do. Even he can't see that. Fear gets to him way too quickly.

How smart are you?
He's only smart enough to know what he can see that others can't. Other than that, not too above-average.

How do you see/hear/etc?

How do you communicate?
He speaks softly, but it's always muffled a bit. No one really knows where his voice comes from and no one wants to find out.

How well known are you?
It's not easy to pass by wearing a mask, even where he comes from. The mask makes him mysterious, somewhat scary. So it leads to him becoming pretty well known.

Chaveer

What do you look like?

What can you do?

How do you hide?

What do you want?

How smart are you?

How do you see/hear/etc?

How do you communicate?

How well known are you?
Cisn't (Trans flag)
Any Pronoun (Nonbinary flag)
Toric (Toric flag)
aKQC34f.png
Goth: Baby Bat
Adult Player (Plague flight)
College Student
Al1BEGR.png
20yo || Currently in my environmental science undergrad. Ask me about it!
@Quillpaw Yours looks good but a darwinian "adjust to anything" is really, really powerful. How much biomass does he need to eat to maintain his powers? Like, how much does he require every day?
@Quillpaw Yours looks good but a darwinian "adjust to anything" is really, really powerful. How much biomass does he need to eat to maintain his powers? Like, how much does he require every day?
-
@TrashSummer Looks good. Can he see between universes, electromagnetic radiation, that sort of thing? Or just really sharp vision on the visual light spectrum?
@TrashSummer Looks good. Can he see between universes, electromagnetic radiation, that sort of thing? Or just really sharp vision on the visual light spectrum?
-
@VolatileMatter He has sharp visual light visibility, and can see radiation only slightly. Like, if he tries hard enough, he might squint to try and see it, but it's not something he can easily see.
@VolatileMatter He has sharp visual light visibility, and can see radiation only slightly. Like, if he tries hard enough, he might squint to try and see it, but it's not something he can easily see.
Cisn't (Trans flag)
Any Pronoun (Nonbinary flag)
Toric (Toric flag)
aKQC34f.png
Goth: Baby Bat
Adult Player (Plague flight)
College Student
Al1BEGR.png
20yo || Currently in my environmental science undergrad. Ask me about it!
1 2 3 4 5 6