Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Discord FR RP] Build lore (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 64 65
up
up
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Manmanmam101 @Niceless @Tox @Pai @EmeraldJubilee @HalfPintAsh @Rillian @Blazeowolf96 @Solztize @Lovable @NovaAurora @DwellerKraken @Safaripig @DragonJade @Facinarose @PsFox @CoopiCrumbs @ElectraPrime @SpiritOfSakura @gremlinerd @honeybone @TorisLaurinaitis @Contemporary @Contemporary @Swiftfire289 @AmTheDino @Kydoimos @ConceitedCupcake @astralTempo @zzzhorses @gayfiremage @safaripig @Novaryn @Bayhound @ArcticFire @YourCatisadragon @Turquai @Eiira @pukiFee @perifinite @ZeroLovesYou @Loyalties @Rillian @Emulator @Emulator @smerdyakov @PelicanBitten @Harvestmooon @Wyvelk @QueenBluebird @SmilingVirus @Cerion @Dragonfire546 @juiceboxx42 @McFlurryBean @argentcrown @qwigoqwaga @DontEatDinosaurs @jolteonkitty @Jayflying @GrandeLatte @Replicant @EnderAxolotl @oti9876 @mukuroikusabas @Lyssa77 @AngerySliceOfPie @MiffMaff @DarkWolf133 @Malefor4TW @Soulvern @cookistabbi @butchsbian @Shyshy12 @SyiiTormey @StrangeJellybean @Reefknot @Vocavixen @Ryllvix @Chr0matic @CoyoteSnacks @TheAwesoMew @LilykinzLeGamer @Asreal @GlitterDCMarvel @Nomster @Ashanval @otterpaws @BoopSnoot ----- [b][size=6]Monthly Update![/size][/b] Evenin', friends, It's time for another update! November has hit, and we'd like to quickly go over all that happened last month. ----- [b]We had our second "official" monthly raffle[/b] last month, and put up the following winnings: [b]1st Place: [/b] (1) Primary gene python (1) Berserker (1) Emerald cave jewel [b]Runner Up:[/b] (20) Rat tangle (3) Rusted treasure chest [size=2]Congratulations to the winners! You've both already received your prizes![/size] Once again, participation was low. Next raffle we will be doing away with the runner-up prize, and adding a little something extra to first place! We may also leave a small comment in the #general channel to announce when a raffle is closing up soon, so people can get those last minute points in. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IPqa2zp.png[/img][/center] [b]It is unlikely that we will do anything else to promote the raffle from here on out.[/b] The top two reasons over lack of participation seem to be the following; 1 - Didn't know the details of the raffle 2 - Disinterest in the prizes We have raffle information posted in several places, and finding more spots to cram that information would probably start to get obnoxious. Our raffle is also funded by donations, so a disinterest in the prizes isn't something we can do an awful lot about - just continue keeping an eye out until something you want crops up! ----- [b][size=6]Recent Changes[/size][/b] Last month we made quite a few updates to the group! There have been some major edits, and there will be minor clean-up for them over the next few weeks. We're always striving to improve and better match the needs and wants of our members. If you ever have any thoughts about how we can continue doing just that, leave a comment in [b]#discussion[/b]! [b]A][/b] [b]#party-central[/b] and [b]#chatroom[/b] have been deleted We noticed both of these rooms have gone quiet...for quite some time! After checking in with you guys, we confirmed it - no one particularly cares about them! They had a good run, and we had our fun, but it was time to say goodbye. Thankfully their deletion has made way to newer channels...! [b]B] #rules-and-guide-lines[/b] has gotten more updates again - please read through them. Early last month, our rules channel had a new section added; "ADDITIONAL CHATROOM INFO", which goes over some of the important information and rules of some more important channels out there. Since some new additions to the channels, it's been a little out of date - but keep an eye open, it'll be done before this next month ends! We have also added an [b]RP Etiquette[/b] section and will be regularly updating this as necessary. If you have suggestions for it, leave a comment in [b]#discussions[/b] Due to the increasingly high number of users using [i]baby/child muses[/i], we added a section quickly going over the concerns of users doing this and invited them to consider [i]avoiding it[/i], or being wary of and avoiding what drawbacks they can. [b]Read this.[/b] [b]C][/b] We started up monthly highlights! "What are monthly highlights?" You might ask? Well, while considering who to replace the old stand-in semi-mascot of the channel, we thought it'd be more fun to allow our users each to have their own spotlight for a bit! Each month before the end of the first week, we'll ask users to submit 1 dragon they're proud of, along with a few sentences explaining why. From there, we randomly select one user to have their dragon highlighted on our forum for the month! This is a group for lore-building and characterization...why not showcase some of it? [b]D][/b] We started taking on affiliates! Interesting groups that your dragon or you can take part in, and/or resources for improving your lore, writing, or dragon's character - we'll now showcase some of these in a section on our forum! We'll be sparse until we find more willing affiliates, but if you have any groups you'd like to suggest, PM a mod or comment on the forum! [b]E][/b] We started linking monthly updates From here on out, it'll be easy to locate old monthly updates! Admittedly this is more of a mod-help than anything, but hey, isn't it interesting to know what happened in previous months of the group? You might be surprised to know not even half of them are quite as ridiculously wordy as this one! [b]F][/b] [b]v Trading Post v[/b] was created, along with some acompaying channels You've been asking, and we acknowledged. We now have a dedicated category to sales and trades of several sorts! The new additions are as follows; [b]#plunder-pile[/b] - You can now leave items here that you'd like to get rid of or give away for free! To clarify, we did say [i]items[/i]. Even [i]free[/i] dragons can still be listed in their respective categories [b]#Collection-Cart[/b] - Just to make sure your request isn't swept away by other active sales, we have a separate room where you can list particular items you're looking to buy. [b]#travel-station[/b] - At long last, we now have a channel for the sale of adult dragons. Granted, it's still an rp-style travel exchange, but hey! We're a lore group, we've gotta have something right? [b]#lore-reader[/b] - For fortune and storytellers everywhere; we now have a spot where (your dragon) can have others pay them for a reading or adventurous tale of their life - past, present, or future. (you sell lore) ----- [b][size=6]Reminders:[/size][/b] Yeah, it's a lot this time guys, but thanks for sticking around until the end! Here are just a few reminders to wrap up the month; [b]- It's Okay To Not Be Terribly Active![/b] We know some of you have heard it before, but we still stand by it! While being active is awesome, sometimes you're just not able to be, for any variety of reasons! That's perfectly okay. [b]- Don't be afraid to talk to mods![/b] Whether you have a serious concern, a suggestion for the chat, or just want to talk, the mod group is committed to being a friendly and neutral party. We want you to be comfortable and feel safe in our group! ----- [center]Thank You![/center] [size=2](Were you pinged, but are no longer part of the group? Mistakenly added? Our bad! Comment below and we'll have it sorted out!)[/size]
@Manmanmam101 @Niceless @Tox @Pai @EmeraldJubilee @HalfPintAsh @Rillian
@Blazeowolf96 @Solztize @Lovable @NovaAurora @DwellerKraken @Safaripig @DragonJade @Facinarose @PsFox @CoopiCrumbs @ElectraPrime @SpiritOfSakura @gremlinerd @honeybone @TorisLaurinaitis @Contemporary @Contemporary @Swiftfire289 @AmTheDino @Kydoimos @ConceitedCupcake @astralTempo @zzzhorses @gayfiremage @safaripig @Novaryn @Bayhound @ArcticFire @YourCatisadragon @Turquai @Eiira @pukiFee @perifinite @ZeroLovesYou @Loyalties @Rillian @Emulator @Emulator @smerdyakov @PelicanBitten @Harvestmooon @Wyvelk @QueenBluebird @SmilingVirus @Cerion @Dragonfire546 @juiceboxx42 @McFlurryBean @argentcrown @qwigoqwaga @DontEatDinosaurs @jolteonkitty @Jayflying @GrandeLatte @Replicant @EnderAxolotl @oti9876 @mukuroikusabas @Lyssa77 @AngerySliceOfPie @MiffMaff @DarkWolf133 @Malefor4TW @Soulvern @cookistabbi @butchsbian @Shyshy12 @SyiiTormey @StrangeJellybean @Reefknot @Vocavixen @Ryllvix @Chr0matic @CoyoteSnacks @TheAwesoMew @LilykinzLeGamer @Asreal @GlitterDCMarvel @Nomster @Ashanval @otterpaws @BoopSnoot

Monthly Update!

Evenin', friends, It's time for another update! November has hit, and we'd like to quickly go over all that happened last month.

We had our second "official" monthly raffle last month, and put up the following winnings:

1st Place:
(1) Primary gene python
(1) Berserker
(1) Emerald cave jewel

Runner Up:
(20) Rat tangle
(3) Rusted treasure chest

Congratulations to the winners! You've both already received your prizes!

Once again, participation was low. Next raffle we will be doing away with the runner-up prize, and adding a little something extra to first place! We may also leave a small comment in the #general channel to announce when a raffle is closing up soon, so people can get those last minute points in.

IPqa2zp.png

It is unlikely that we will do anything else to promote the raffle from here on out.

The top two reasons over lack of participation seem to be the following;

1 - Didn't know the details of the raffle
2 - Disinterest in the prizes

We have raffle information posted in several places, and finding more spots to cram that information would probably start to get obnoxious.

Our raffle is also funded by donations, so a disinterest in the prizes isn't something we can do an awful lot about - just continue keeping an eye out until something you want crops up!
Recent Changes

Last month we made quite a few updates to the group! There have been some major edits, and there will be minor clean-up for them over the next few weeks.

We're always striving to improve and better match the needs and wants of our members. If you ever have any thoughts about how we can continue doing just that, leave a comment in #discussion!

A] #party-central and #chatroom have been deleted

We noticed both of these rooms have gone quiet...for quite some time! After checking in with you guys, we confirmed it - no one particularly cares about them!

They had a good run, and we had our fun, but it was time to say goodbye. Thankfully their deletion has made way to newer channels...!

B] #rules-and-guide-lines has gotten more updates again - please read through them.

Early last month, our rules channel had a new section added; "ADDITIONAL CHATROOM INFO", which goes over some of the important information and rules of some more important channels out there.

Since some new additions to the channels, it's been a little out of date - but keep an eye open, it'll be done before this next month ends!

We have also added an RP Etiquette section and will be regularly updating this as necessary. If you have suggestions for it, leave a comment in #discussions

Due to the increasingly high number of users using baby/child muses, we added a section quickly going over the concerns of users doing this and invited them to consider avoiding it, or being wary of and avoiding what drawbacks they can. Read this.

C] We started up monthly highlights!

"What are monthly highlights?" You might ask? Well, while considering who to replace the old stand-in semi-mascot of the channel, we thought it'd be more fun to allow our users each to have their own spotlight for a bit!

Each month before the end of the first week, we'll ask users to submit 1 dragon they're proud of, along with a few sentences explaining why. From there, we randomly select one user to have their dragon highlighted on our forum for the month!

This is a group for lore-building and characterization...why not showcase some of it?

D] We started taking on affiliates!

Interesting groups that your dragon or you can take part in, and/or resources for improving your lore, writing, or dragon's character - we'll now showcase some of these in a section on our forum!

We'll be sparse until we find more willing affiliates, but if you have any groups you'd like to suggest, PM a mod or comment on the forum!

E] We started linking monthly updates

From here on out, it'll be easy to locate old monthly updates! Admittedly this is more of a mod-help than anything, but hey, isn't it interesting to know what happened in previous months of the group?

You might be surprised to know not even half of them are quite as ridiculously wordy as this one!

F] v Trading Post v was created, along with some acompaying channels

You've been asking, and we acknowledged. We now have a dedicated category to sales and trades of several sorts! The new additions are as follows;

#plunder-pile - You can now leave items here that you'd like to get rid of or give away for free! To clarify, we did say items. Even free dragons can still be listed in their respective categories

#Collection-Cart - Just to make sure your request isn't swept away by other active sales, we have a separate room where you can list particular items you're looking to buy.

#travel-station - At long last, we now have a channel for the sale of adult dragons. Granted, it's still an rp-style travel exchange, but hey! We're a lore group, we've gotta have something right?

#lore-reader - For fortune and storytellers everywhere; we now have a spot where (your dragon) can have others pay them for a reading or adventurous tale of their life - past, present, or future. (you sell lore)
Reminders:

Yeah, it's a lot this time guys, but thanks for sticking around until the end! Here are just a few reminders to wrap up the month;

- It's Okay To Not Be Terribly Active!

We know some of you have heard it before, but we still stand by it!

While being active is awesome, sometimes you're just not able to be, for any variety of reasons! That's perfectly okay.

- Don't be afraid to talk to mods!

Whether you have a serious concern, a suggestion for the chat, or just want to talk, the mod group is committed to being a friendly and neutral party. We want you to be comfortable and feel safe in our group!
Thank You!

(Were you pinged, but are no longer part of the group? Mistakenly added? Our bad! Comment below and we'll have it sorted out!)
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
This sounds really fun! Can I have a link ^^
This sounds really fun! Can I have a link ^^
ssjS89N.png
@cloudwilk

Absolutely! Most of our users are offline at this time, just fyi!
@cloudwilk

Absolutely! Most of our users are offline at this time, just fyi!
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
Hmmm! I'm definitely into, at the very least, making more lore connections with other clans or other players' dragons (unless I find a partner/group who doesn't mind non-live roleplaying, I'm unsure whether I'll do any roleplaying on discord ^^; ). May I have a link?

Also, since the update mentioned affiliates and useful links, I'd suggest seeing if the host of Lore Whining Days would be interested. The thread also has links to useful resources and some other lore-focussed groups (some of which aren't necessarily active, unfortunately).
Hmmm! I'm definitely into, at the very least, making more lore connections with other clans or other players' dragons (unless I find a partner/group who doesn't mind non-live roleplaying, I'm unsure whether I'll do any roleplaying on discord ^^; ). May I have a link?

Also, since the update mentioned affiliates and useful links, I'd suggest seeing if the host of Lore Whining Days would be interested. The thread also has links to useful resources and some other lore-focussed groups (some of which aren't necessarily active, unfortunately).
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Bamf could I get a link please?
@Bamf could I get a link please?

dcuznp0-5e50dc19-e66f-4203-99ce-3351ed2d2c1f.png

I'm a funky little man
» +0 fr time
» lover of monsters
» grilled cheese enthusiast
» design shop here
howdy, could i get a link?
howdy, could i get a link?
@Stanzascale @Ivyproxic @Dynami

Links will be sent out shortly!

(No need to ping me, ivy, I'm subbed!)
@Stanzascale @Ivyproxic @Dynami

Links will be sent out shortly!

(No need to ping me, ivy, I'm subbed!)
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
Oops, guess I need to get up a bit earlier. I think the code expired. ^^;
Oops, guess I need to get up a bit earlier. I think the code expired. ^^;
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Could i get a link?
Could i get a link?
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 64 65