Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Discord FR RP] Build lore (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 64 65
@EmeraldJubilee @manmanmam101 @Pai @HalfPintAsh @Blazeowolf96 @Solztize @Lovable @NovaAurora @DwellerKraken @Safaripig @DragonJade @Facinarose @PsFox @CoopiCrumbs @ElectraPrime @SpiritOfSakura @gremlinerd @honeybone @TorisLaurinaitis @Contemporary @Swiftfire289 @AmTheDino @Kydoimos @ConceitedCupcake @astralTempo @zzzhorses @gayfiremage @Novaryn @Bayhound @ArcticFire @YourCatisadragon @Turquai @Eiira @Kongming @heathermoon @pukiFee @perifinite @ZeroLovesYou @Loyalties @Rillian @Emulator @smerdyakov @PelicanBitten @V88 @Harvestmooon @JordyLiz @Wyvelk @QueenBluebird ----- [b][size=6]Monthly Update![/size][/b] The monthly update has finally arrived, albeit a little late! It's October now, guys, and how time flies! Here's a quick run down of what's been happening; ----- [b]We had our first "Official" monthly raffle[/b] last month, and put up the following winnings: [b]1st Place: [/b] (1) Unhatched Earth Egg (1) Poison Dart Frog Companion (1) Skin: Call of Spirits [b]Runner Up:[/b] (99) Amelanistic Racer (1) Emerald Webwing [size=2]Congratulations to the winners! You've been pinged in [b]#monthly-raffle[/b]. Contact me to receive your prizes![/size] Admittedly, participation was a[i] little[/i] lower than expected. If you have ideas about how to better improve our raffle, please don't be afraid to voice your thoughts in [b]#discussion[/b]! While our raffle is definitely not the focus of our group, we still want it to be as fun as it can be for everyone involved. Whether it be on the way we give points, what prizes are offered, how many winners there are, or even just our structure of it...we'd love to hear your thoughts! [b]There will be a raffle this month[/b]; be sure to keep an eye out for the dates and prizes! ----- [size=6][b]Mod Applications[/b][/size] Last month we officially opened up [i]moderator applications[/i]! Our group has grown a lot - from an interest-group of only about 10, we now have a little over [i][b]50[/b][/i] members in our group!That's pretty awesome, don't you think? Unfortunately, it's become a little obvious we don't have quite enough man-power to manage the traffic of our chat. From managing simple things like user-questions to the bigger issues, we're in need of a little assistance. [b]1] Main Mod[/b] Applications are currently closed, but a long-present wet-blanket member may eventually be promoted to this role. [b]2] [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLScB2lOaeLctK44RA8z_hkc9Jrk-BCrZO3Xfu5tUpdwSzmw/viewform]Wet-blanket[/url][/b] Applications are open! While we would prefer a member have been around as an entry level mod 2 weeks prior to applying for this role, enough experience and reliability may give you the job regardless! [b]3] [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfI30RjYOWBbxKcGeDOxQFxC5LDwDJ-YwuWXwbPLuo6_qcNeg/viewform]Moist-towelette[/url][/b] Applications are open! This is our entry-level mod position, where you can help answer user questions, remind members of the group rules, and apply the correct roles to incoming players! While we're definitely in need of mods, we've yet to have any serious issues within the group. We know you guys know you're awesome, but we'd like to tell you anyway. You guys are awesome. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/LYxVuDz.jpg[/img][/center] ----- [size=6][b]Recent Changes[/b][/size] Recently we've made a few updates to the group and forum. Nothing seriously major, but it won't hurt to keep yourself up-to-date and take a glance over our forum page and [b]#rules-and-guidelines[/b] again! [b]A] #rules-and-guidelines[/b] has been cleaned up and re-organized a little. We've attempted to better categorize some of the more miscellaneous information in the channel for easier referencing, and included such things as [i]"Additional chatroom info"[/i]. We apologize for the confusion that having specific chatroom rules only in their descriptions rather than [b]#rules-and-guidelines[/b] has caused a few of you, and hope this update will make it easier for everyone here-on-out! [b]B][/b] Some channels have been moved and/or re-named. [b]#monthly-raffle[/b] and [b]#raffle-donations [/b]have moved into their own category! You can now find them under the newly made tab "Monthly Raffle", directly bellow the OOC tab. [b]#Prompts[/b] has been moved under the Roleplay tab. [b]C][/b] Though a bit belated, @EmeraldJubilee is now our mod in charge of [b]#prompts[/b]! Though any user (mod or otherwise) is welcome to post their own prompts in the channel, Emerald has volunteered to keep an eye on it, as well as provide and pin regular prompts for members to reply to at any time. [b]D][/b] Departures from the group may now be listed in [b]#absences[/b]. Though the rule was originally to ping a mod when you plan to leave the group, friendly users have still consistently posted in [b]#absences[/b] instead. As this seems to be the way of choice, and the easiest, our rules now officially allow it! What were we going to do anyway, give you guys a casual rule warning on your way out the door? Now that would be some nonsense. We thank you guys for sticking with us through the changes, and look forward to the even [i]better [/i]changes in the future! ----- [size=6][b]Reminders:[/b][/size] [b]- It's Okay To Not Be Terribly Active![/b] We know some of you have heard it before, but we still stand by it! While being active is awesome, sometimes you're just not able to be, for any variety of reasons! That's perfectly okay. We may occasionally remove radio-silent users (several weeks+ w/ out comment or [b]#absences[/b] mention), but ghosting is absolutely fine for a while. Sometimes just sitting back and watching others do their thing can help you with your own ideas, anyway! [b]- #absences Is Not For Day-To-Day Leaves![/b] Though we can understand the appeal of having a place to say you're not going to make it in for a day where everyone can see it, we'd like to remind our users that [b]#absences[/b] is for members who will be gone for [b]3 days or more.[/b] Short leaves from the group can just be dropped in [b]#general[/b] - we want to keep [b]#absences[/b] clear for bigger disappearances so we don't have a stretch of a few days where users are asking "[i]where are they?[/i]" [b]- It's Okay To Switch Your Muse Often![/b] In a game where users can have 100 or more dragons to choose from, obviously, there are a lot of different muses for you to work on in our group! There's absolutely [i]no harm[/i] in frequently switching around your muses - whether it's because you lost interest, got stuck in a rut, are more interested in something else, or anything else. Personally speaking (Lostrefrain), I think the shake-up is fun! ----- [center]Thank You![/center] [size=2](Were you pinged, but are no longer part of the group? Mistakenly added? Our bad! Comment bellow and we'll have it sorted out!)[/size]
@EmeraldJubilee @manmanmam101 @Pai @HalfPintAsh @Blazeowolf96 @Solztize @Lovable @NovaAurora @DwellerKraken @Safaripig @DragonJade @Facinarose @PsFox @CoopiCrumbs @ElectraPrime @SpiritOfSakura @gremlinerd @honeybone @TorisLaurinaitis @Contemporary @Swiftfire289 @AmTheDino @Kydoimos @ConceitedCupcake @astralTempo @zzzhorses @gayfiremage @Novaryn @Bayhound @ArcticFire @YourCatisadragon @Turquai @Eiira @Kongming @heathermoon @pukiFee @perifinite @ZeroLovesYou @Loyalties @Rillian @Emulator @smerdyakov @PelicanBitten @V88 @Harvestmooon @JordyLiz @Wyvelk @QueenBluebird
Monthly Update!

The monthly update has finally arrived, albeit a little late! It's October now, guys, and how time flies! Here's a quick run down of what's been happening;

We had our first "Official" monthly raffle last month, and put up the following winnings:

1st Place:
(1) Unhatched Earth Egg
(1) Poison Dart Frog Companion
(1) Skin: Call of Spirits

Runner Up:
(99) Amelanistic Racer
(1) Emerald Webwing

Congratulations to the winners! You've been pinged in #monthly-raffle. Contact me to receive your prizes!

Admittedly, participation was a little lower than expected. If you have ideas about how to better improve our raffle, please don't be afraid to voice your thoughts in #discussion!

While our raffle is definitely not the focus of our group, we still want it to be as fun as it can be for everyone involved.

Whether it be on the way we give points, what prizes are offered, how many winners there are, or even just our structure of it...we'd love to hear your thoughts!

There will be a raffle this month; be sure to keep an eye out for the dates and prizes!
Mod Applications

Last month we officially opened up moderator applications!

Our group has grown a lot - from an interest-group of only about 10, we now have a little over 50 members in our group!That's pretty awesome, don't you think?

Unfortunately, it's become a little obvious we don't have quite enough man-power to manage the traffic of our chat. From managing simple things like user-questions to the bigger issues, we're in need of a little assistance.

1] Main Mod
Applications are currently closed, but a long-present wet-blanket member may eventually be promoted to this role.

2] Wet-blanket
Applications are open! While we would prefer a member have been around as an entry level mod 2 weeks prior to applying for this role, enough experience and reliability may give you the job regardless!

3] Moist-towelette
Applications are open! This is our entry-level mod position, where you can help answer user questions, remind members of the group rules, and apply the correct roles to incoming players!

While we're definitely in need of mods, we've yet to have any serious issues within the group. We know you guys know you're awesome, but we'd like to tell you anyway.

You guys are awesome.
LYxVuDz.jpg

Recent Changes

Recently we've made a few updates to the group and forum.

Nothing seriously major, but it won't hurt to keep yourself up-to-date and take a glance over our forum page and #rules-and-guidelines again!

A] #rules-and-guidelines has been cleaned up and re-organized a little.

We've attempted to better categorize some of the more miscellaneous information in the channel for easier referencing, and included such things as "Additional chatroom info".

We apologize for the confusion that having specific chatroom rules only in their descriptions rather than #rules-and-guidelines has caused a few of you, and hope this update will make it easier for everyone here-on-out!

B] Some channels have been moved and/or re-named.

#monthly-raffle and #raffle-donations have moved into their own category! You can now find them under the newly made tab "Monthly Raffle", directly bellow the OOC tab.

#Prompts has been moved under the Roleplay tab.

C] Though a bit belated, @EmeraldJubilee is now our mod in charge of #prompts!

Though any user (mod or otherwise) is welcome to post their own prompts in the channel, Emerald has volunteered to keep an eye on it, as well as provide and pin regular prompts for members to reply to at any time.

D] Departures from the group may now be listed in #absences.

Though the rule was originally to ping a mod when you plan to leave the group, friendly users have still consistently posted in #absences instead.

As this seems to be the way of choice, and the easiest, our rules now officially allow it! What were we going to do anyway, give you guys a casual rule warning on your way out the door? Now that would be some nonsense.

We thank you guys for sticking with us through the changes, and look forward to the even better changes in the future!
Reminders:

- It's Okay To Not Be Terribly Active!

We know some of you have heard it before, but we still stand by it!

While being active is awesome, sometimes you're just not able to be, for any variety of reasons! That's perfectly okay.

We may occasionally remove radio-silent users (several weeks+ w/ out comment or #absences mention), but ghosting is absolutely fine for a while. Sometimes just sitting back and watching others do their thing can help you with your own ideas, anyway!

- #absences Is Not For Day-To-Day Leaves!

Though we can understand the appeal of having a place to say you're not going to make it in for a day where everyone can see it, we'd like to remind our users that #absences is for members who will be gone for 3 days or more.

Short leaves from the group can just be dropped in #general - we want to keep #absences clear for bigger disappearances so we don't have a stretch of a few days where users are asking "where are they?"

- It's Okay To Switch Your Muse Often!

In a game where users can have 100 or more dragons to choose from, obviously, there are a lot of different muses for you to work on in our group!

There's absolutely no harm in frequently switching around your muses - whether it's because you lost interest, got stuck in a rut, are more interested in something else, or anything else.

Personally speaking (Lostrefrain), I think the shake-up is fun!
Thank You!

(Were you pinged, but are no longer part of the group? Mistakenly added? Our bad! Comment bellow and we'll have it sorted out!)
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
^
^
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
Bump
Bump
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Lostrefrain

Aaaa I have been looking for a group like this for a while now. Can I have a link to join?
@Lostrefrain

Aaaa I have been looking for a group like this for a while now. Can I have a link to join?
Ef1ONJ1.png
howdy! sorry to bother you, but i was interested in joining.
howdy! sorry to bother you, but i was interested in joining.
@Cerion @juiceboxx420

Absolutely, I'll send out links shortly! They are temporary, so just hmu if they expire before you reach them!
@Cerion @juiceboxx420

Absolutely, I'll send out links shortly! They are temporary, so just hmu if they expire before you reach them!
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Lostrefrain May I have the link to the discord server? I just got into roleplaying with my dergs and I'm very excited -w-

And if I could please be added to the pinglist that would also be deeply appreciated ^-^
@Lostrefrain May I have the link to the discord server? I just got into roleplaying with my dergs and I'm very excited -w-

And if I could please be added to the pinglist that would also be deeply appreciated ^-^
Okay, you probably recognize me, and I'm sorry for saying this, but could I rejoin? Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
Okay, you probably recognize me, and I'm sorry for saying this, but could I rejoin? Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
@McFlurryBean

New members are automatically added to our ping list, no worries :v definitely, I'll send a link shortly!

@Dragonfire546

Psh, you're fine to re-join, of course! Members can come and go as they please so long as the reason for their departure wasn't on account of rule breaking/banning.

As a returning member however, we should inform you that any muse and mun introductions you may have listed, and raffle points you may have accumulated, would have been cleared on your departure. We have no way of restoring these!
@McFlurryBean

New members are automatically added to our ping list, no worries :v definitely, I'll send a link shortly!

@Dragonfire546

Psh, you're fine to re-join, of course! Members can come and go as they please so long as the reason for their departure wasn't on account of rule breaking/banning.

As a returning member however, we should inform you that any muse and mun introductions you may have listed, and raffle points you may have accumulated, would have been cleared on your departure. We have no way of restoring these!
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Lostrefrain tysm! I joined ^-^
@Lostrefrain tysm! I joined ^-^
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 64 65