Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No More Mercy [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
"No need to split up," Undae turned to one of the doors and pushed it over. "They're just rooms."
The room Undae entered was mostly bare. There were a few trinkets here and there, that frayed remains of a bed and pile of moldy wood that was once a table. Unlike the hall, the room was free of blood and bones. Undae rifled through the rubbish, ignoring the grime and rot that coated her hands.
Finding nothing, she grunted and walked past Zaria back into the hall. She wasted no time smashing the door down. This one was less rotten than the others and showered Undae with splinters. Ignoring them, she walked into the room. It had the same layout and furnishings as the other one but was slightly more intact. Undae began rummaging through everything as she had in the last room. Here however, in the rags of the bed, Undae found a small journal. She removed it slowly, holding it gently, as if she was afraid of breaking it. She flipped it open and written on the inside cover in sloppy, childish handwriting was a name. Thryn.
Undae tossed the journal to Zaria, not even bothering to see if she caught it or not before she brushed past her again. She was trembling violently.

Aestas frowned, disapproving of Drexin's willingness to loot from a place such as this. He glanced up again at the-
green bubble of death
- green membrane, separating ceiling from sky. Aestas followed Drexin to the center of the arena.
If there is an armory of some kind it's likely there, Aestas pointed to another low doorway between the rows of seats. It may just be another exit but I bet there's a chamber of some kind under the seats.
Aestas began walking towards it before a clattering rocks made him jump. He whirled around, almost slapping Drexin in the face with his tail and scanned the area.
Don't move. Aestas thought to her.

(( the creatures are corpse cleaners, those gross giant centipede things. Drexin will most likely spot them first since she can see heat))
"No need to split up," Undae turned to one of the doors and pushed it over. "They're just rooms."
The room Undae entered was mostly bare. There were a few trinkets here and there, that frayed remains of a bed and pile of moldy wood that was once a table. Unlike the hall, the room was free of blood and bones. Undae rifled through the rubbish, ignoring the grime and rot that coated her hands.
Finding nothing, she grunted and walked past Zaria back into the hall. She wasted no time smashing the door down. This one was less rotten than the others and showered Undae with splinters. Ignoring them, she walked into the room. It had the same layout and furnishings as the other one but was slightly more intact. Undae began rummaging through everything as she had in the last room. Here however, in the rags of the bed, Undae found a small journal. She removed it slowly, holding it gently, as if she was afraid of breaking it. She flipped it open and written on the inside cover in sloppy, childish handwriting was a name. Thryn.
Undae tossed the journal to Zaria, not even bothering to see if she caught it or not before she brushed past her again. She was trembling violently.

Aestas frowned, disapproving of Drexin's willingness to loot from a place such as this. He glanced up again at the-
green bubble of death
- green membrane, separating ceiling from sky. Aestas followed Drexin to the center of the arena.
If there is an armory of some kind it's likely there, Aestas pointed to another low doorway between the rows of seats. It may just be another exit but I bet there's a chamber of some kind under the seats.
Aestas began walking towards it before a clattering rocks made him jump. He whirled around, almost slapping Drexin in the face with his tail and scanned the area.
Don't move. Aestas thought to her.

(( the creatures are corpse cleaners, those gross giant centipede things. Drexin will most likely spot them first since she can see heat))
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
Zaria continued to follow Undae, silent. She let the Guardian do her own thing, not wanting to upset her further. She stood outside the door way of the first room, since there was not much to see there, other than the odd trinkets here and there. This is fine. She thought to herself.
Zaria let the agitated Undae slip past her and smash the second door to bits, shielding herself from splinters with her wing. This room, however she did enter. She looked around, trying to see if she could find anything else. Zaria looked up from the bed she was examining to hear a grunt and a book being toss in her general direction. The Wildclaw quickly snapped up the book and looked it over. I guess we will keep going. She thought. She took a quick looked though the book to see if there was anything helpful in in.

Let me check this place first, then we go there. The Mirror thought. Upon hearing the clattering of rocks falling, Drexin whipped around and looked to where the the sound had come from. She kept her body low, ready to pounce, as she sniffed the air to try to get a scent. Nothing but grime and stick filled her nostrils. She gagged a bit. Drexin then closed her larger set of eyes, trying to get the heat signature of the creatures making noise.
She recognized the forms very easily. It's just a big bug, nothing I cannot squash. She sneered in the Direction of the Corpse Cleaners, ready to lunge and fight, her tail whipping around her like a cat.
Zaria continued to follow Undae, silent. She let the Guardian do her own thing, not wanting to upset her further. She stood outside the door way of the first room, since there was not much to see there, other than the odd trinkets here and there. This is fine. She thought to herself.
Zaria let the agitated Undae slip past her and smash the second door to bits, shielding herself from splinters with her wing. This room, however she did enter. She looked around, trying to see if she could find anything else. Zaria looked up from the bed she was examining to hear a grunt and a book being toss in her general direction. The Wildclaw quickly snapped up the book and looked it over. I guess we will keep going. She thought. She took a quick looked though the book to see if there was anything helpful in in.

Let me check this place first, then we go there. The Mirror thought. Upon hearing the clattering of rocks falling, Drexin whipped around and looked to where the the sound had come from. She kept her body low, ready to pounce, as she sniffed the air to try to get a scent. Nothing but grime and stick filled her nostrils. She gagged a bit. Drexin then closed her larger set of eyes, trying to get the heat signature of the creatures making noise.
She recognized the forms very easily. It's just a big bug, nothing I cannot squash. She sneered in the Direction of the Corpse Cleaners, ready to lunge and fight, her tail whipping around her like a cat.
Ef1ONJ1.png
Undae walked forward to the next arch. This one bore the symbol of Fire. Again, two doors on the left hand side. Undae stopped, sighed, and continued walking, not even bothering to check the rooms. She was painfully aware of the shaking now. The prickle that had started under her claws had grown to her arms.
I remember this, I remember. She thought to herself. She walked forward stiffly, not bothering to check if Zaria was following her.
The next arch was Wind. Then Water. Shadow. Ice. Lightning. Nature. Each one with two doors between.
Undae kept moving. Kept moving her trembling legs.
I remember this.
She stopped beneath the Plague arch resting her hand against the stone arch as she panted.
"11 Flights," She huffed. "22 hatchlings."

Aestas saw the Corpse Cleaners through Drexin's eyes first. He looked up, and saw them with his own. They were clustered around the membrane, upside down on the ceiling, looking down at them with beady eyes. There were at least 50.
Don't move, Aestas cautioned her, holding up his arm in front of her. They see motion.
The insects chittered above them, gnashing their mandibles. A few began descending, climbing the walls down to the seats.
Don't move. Aestas warned her again.
Undae walked forward to the next arch. This one bore the symbol of Fire. Again, two doors on the left hand side. Undae stopped, sighed, and continued walking, not even bothering to check the rooms. She was painfully aware of the shaking now. The prickle that had started under her claws had grown to her arms.
I remember this, I remember. She thought to herself. She walked forward stiffly, not bothering to check if Zaria was following her.
The next arch was Wind. Then Water. Shadow. Ice. Lightning. Nature. Each one with two doors between.
Undae kept moving. Kept moving her trembling legs.
I remember this.
She stopped beneath the Plague arch resting her hand against the stone arch as she panted.
"11 Flights," She huffed. "22 hatchlings."

Aestas saw the Corpse Cleaners through Drexin's eyes first. He looked up, and saw them with his own. They were clustered around the membrane, upside down on the ceiling, looking down at them with beady eyes. There were at least 50.
Don't move, Aestas cautioned her, holding up his arm in front of her. They see motion.
The insects chittered above them, gnashing their mandibles. A few began descending, climbing the walls down to the seats.
Don't move. Aestas warned her again.
Zaria watched as Undae ignored the other rooms. She grunted, "Well if she wont check them I will." She tucked the book away in a pouch, and came upon the Water rooms, green wind magic flowed through her hands. She walked up to the doors and, using her magic to give her a buffer and a boost, she blasted down both doors. She checked the rooms, moving everything she could to see what she could find. Moldy beds, torn parchment, bones, splinters of moist wood, nothing. She left and repeated this process with all of the other rooms. Shadow, nothing! Ice, nothing! Lighting, nothing!
Zaria searched each room high and low, coming up with little more than nothing. Some trinkets and runes here an odd scrap of paper there. Nearing the end of her search, she came over to the Wind rooms. Zaria shook her head and smashed down the doors. She entered the room and started to tare through everything, trying to find any piece of information she could. She turned to a worn down desk on the side of the wall. She throw open the draws, scanning each one for any item of interest. She noted a paper. She looked it over, and noticed a familiar name, Brio. A low hissing sound produced in her throat, a scowl on her face. She torn the paper into shreds.

Drexin hissed in reply to Aestas. I do not know about you, but one of the few thing I enjoy is fighting. Despite that, she complied and froze in place. She wanted nothing more than to ignore him and fight, but something willed her to stay still. If they get too close, I'm going for them.
Zaria watched as Undae ignored the other rooms. She grunted, "Well if she wont check them I will." She tucked the book away in a pouch, and came upon the Water rooms, green wind magic flowed through her hands. She walked up to the doors and, using her magic to give her a buffer and a boost, she blasted down both doors. She checked the rooms, moving everything she could to see what she could find. Moldy beds, torn parchment, bones, splinters of moist wood, nothing. She left and repeated this process with all of the other rooms. Shadow, nothing! Ice, nothing! Lighting, nothing!
Zaria searched each room high and low, coming up with little more than nothing. Some trinkets and runes here an odd scrap of paper there. Nearing the end of her search, she came over to the Wind rooms. Zaria shook her head and smashed down the doors. She entered the room and started to tare through everything, trying to find any piece of information she could. She turned to a worn down desk on the side of the wall. She throw open the draws, scanning each one for any item of interest. She noted a paper. She looked it over, and noticed a familiar name, Brio. A low hissing sound produced in her throat, a scowl on her face. She torn the paper into shreds.

Drexin hissed in reply to Aestas. I do not know about you, but one of the few thing I enjoy is fighting. Despite that, she complied and froze in place. She wanted nothing more than to ignore him and fight, but something willed her to stay still. If they get too close, I'm going for them.
Ef1ONJ1.png
Undae turned around to see Zaria was gone. Panting, she narrowed her eyes, and eventually spotted her back under the Wind arch.
Grunting, she heaved her body forward to the doors under the Plague arch. She raised her fist and smashed the first one into oblivion.
"Always keeping secrets Kalhara," She muttered to herself. "Let's hope one of them pays off."
The room was in not much better condition than the others. Undae rifled through it nonetheless. The bed produced nothing but small trinkets. She turned her search to the desk.
"Varhul groomed you like his personal pet," She hissed. "You have something."
I know it.
Undae ripped one of the drawers straight out of the desk. She cursed under her breath as trinkets and papers scattered across the floor. She threw the drawer over her shoulder, looking into one of the other ones instead. The drawer was empty, except for a vial of dark, murky blood. Undae picked it up carefully, turning it over in her hand.
What were you going to do with this, Kalhara? Undae thought to herself.

Aestas shook his head at Drexin.
Carnage begets carnage in the Wasteland, he thought to her. Killing them will only bring stronger scavengers.
Hey Aestas I think I found something!
Styrka's voice in Aestas' mind caused him to jump in the air. The corpse cleaners that had been climbing the seats perked up, their hungry eyes flashing as they advanced. The others on the ceiling began crawling down, scattering more rocks onto the sand of the arena.
Styrka I think we may need your help.
Undae turned around to see Zaria was gone. Panting, she narrowed her eyes, and eventually spotted her back under the Wind arch.
Grunting, she heaved her body forward to the doors under the Plague arch. She raised her fist and smashed the first one into oblivion.
"Always keeping secrets Kalhara," She muttered to herself. "Let's hope one of them pays off."
The room was in not much better condition than the others. Undae rifled through it nonetheless. The bed produced nothing but small trinkets. She turned her search to the desk.
"Varhul groomed you like his personal pet," She hissed. "You have something."
I know it.
Undae ripped one of the drawers straight out of the desk. She cursed under her breath as trinkets and papers scattered across the floor. She threw the drawer over her shoulder, looking into one of the other ones instead. The drawer was empty, except for a vial of dark, murky blood. Undae picked it up carefully, turning it over in her hand.
What were you going to do with this, Kalhara? Undae thought to herself.

Aestas shook his head at Drexin.
Carnage begets carnage in the Wasteland, he thought to her. Killing them will only bring stronger scavengers.
Hey Aestas I think I found something!
Styrka's voice in Aestas' mind caused him to jump in the air. The corpse cleaners that had been climbing the seats perked up, their hungry eyes flashing as they advanced. The others on the ceiling began crawling down, scattering more rocks onto the sand of the arena.
Styrka I think we may need your help.
((Sorry about disappearing there. I got home from work very late last night and I basically went right to bed. I had to work this morning too.))

Zaria pouted, unable to find anything useful for their mission."Well, that was a complete and utter waste." She mumbled under her breath. She noticed Undae in the Plague room, she dusted her self off, stood up tall, and walked over to the Guardian. "Did you find anything at all?" Zaria asked. "Cause, all I got was nothing but rags and mold. Seems they did a decent job keeping stuff hidden."

Drexin's eyes seemed to flash in delight. Finally! The thought flashed through her mind. She silently jumped on to the seats and rushed the Cleaners closest to her. With a hiss and a swift motion, her sword was unsheathed and had already cut the first few bugs in half. She gripped the sword in her mouth and she charged ahead. Anytime a bug got too close Drexin would swiftly slash at the beast. A Corpse Cleaner to her right dived in to snap at her flank. The attacked seemed to bounce off her armor as it glinted a pink color.
((Sorry about disappearing there. I got home from work very late last night and I basically went right to bed. I had to work this morning too.))

Zaria pouted, unable to find anything useful for their mission."Well, that was a complete and utter waste." She mumbled under her breath. She noticed Undae in the Plague room, she dusted her self off, stood up tall, and walked over to the Guardian. "Did you find anything at all?" Zaria asked. "Cause, all I got was nothing but rags and mold. Seems they did a decent job keeping stuff hidden."

Drexin's eyes seemed to flash in delight. Finally! The thought flashed through her mind. She silently jumped on to the seats and rushed the Cleaners closest to her. With a hiss and a swift motion, her sword was unsheathed and had already cut the first few bugs in half. She gripped the sword in her mouth and she charged ahead. Anytime a bug got too close Drexin would swiftly slash at the beast. A Corpse Cleaner to her right dived in to snap at her flank. The attacked seemed to bounce off her armor as it glinted a pink color.
Ef1ONJ1.png
((it's cool! i was also very busy yesterday so sorry for the late reply))

"I'm not sure," Undae said, delicately handing the vial to Zaria. "Hold on to this for me."
She walked past Zaria, this time making sure the wildclaw kept pace with her. Only one arch left. Undae looked up at the Arcane sigil carved onto the imposing arch as she walked under it. Beyond the two doors, she could see the entryway where they first arrived, Styrka's flowers still blooming and growing.
Undae flung open the first door, breathing in the mildewed air. This room was in worse shape than the others, nothing was intact and the desk and bed were simply a pile of rotten mush spread all over the floor. Nonetheless, Undae lingered for a moment longer before moving to the other room.
The door was already half off its hinges and on one wall was a large blood splatter. Undae scraped some of the old blood off the wall with her claw, studying it for a moment before turning to the bed. After a few moments of searching, she lifted a trembling hand from the rags, a small crystal between her claws.

Aestas stumbled backwards, overcome with Drexin's bloodlust as she charged.
Aestas, what's happening? Where are you? Styrka's panic added to Drexin's ferocity and Aestas gripped his claws into the sand, trying to get a handle on both of them.
Styrka, go through the big steel doors. We need you here.
'We'? Is Drexin with you?
Aestas didn't have time to respond as a Corpse cleaner lunged for him. He dodged it, whirling to the side. Another one came at him, and another. Aestas knew he couldn't fight them all. He snapped his wings open and took off, kicking up sand into the eyes of the insects. He flew over to large doors, waiting for Styrka. More Corpse cleaners poured out from crevices unseen in the ceiling.
Be careful, he thought to Drexin.
((it's cool! i was also very busy yesterday so sorry for the late reply))

"I'm not sure," Undae said, delicately handing the vial to Zaria. "Hold on to this for me."
She walked past Zaria, this time making sure the wildclaw kept pace with her. Only one arch left. Undae looked up at the Arcane sigil carved onto the imposing arch as she walked under it. Beyond the two doors, she could see the entryway where they first arrived, Styrka's flowers still blooming and growing.
Undae flung open the first door, breathing in the mildewed air. This room was in worse shape than the others, nothing was intact and the desk and bed were simply a pile of rotten mush spread all over the floor. Nonetheless, Undae lingered for a moment longer before moving to the other room.
The door was already half off its hinges and on one wall was a large blood splatter. Undae scraped some of the old blood off the wall with her claw, studying it for a moment before turning to the bed. After a few moments of searching, she lifted a trembling hand from the rags, a small crystal between her claws.

Aestas stumbled backwards, overcome with Drexin's bloodlust as she charged.
Aestas, what's happening? Where are you? Styrka's panic added to Drexin's ferocity and Aestas gripped his claws into the sand, trying to get a handle on both of them.
Styrka, go through the big steel doors. We need you here.
'We'? Is Drexin with you?
Aestas didn't have time to respond as a Corpse cleaner lunged for him. He dodged it, whirling to the side. Another one came at him, and another. Aestas knew he couldn't fight them all. He snapped his wings open and took off, kicking up sand into the eyes of the insects. He flew over to large doors, waiting for Styrka. More Corpse cleaners poured out from crevices unseen in the ceiling.
Be careful, he thought to Drexin.
Zaria too the vial of dark liquid into her hands. She looked it over, trying to tell what it is, her head tilted a bit. I wonder... Not going to open it though. She tucked the vial into a pouch on her belt. Zaria craned her head to see where Undae had gone. Not long after, there was a large crash and thud sound. "Ah, the Arcane rooms, I skipped those. Guess she's looking pretty hard for something." She mumbled. She walked over to the entrance to the second room and saw the small crystal in her talons. "Hm? What's that?"

Drexin felt Aestas's panic. She shook it off as she continued forward. I am here. She thought as she cut though another. She felt through the Skydancer that there were more coming. She needed more space. She growled, sword in both her hands, she secured her footing, and swung her sword in a circle around herself, slashing many Cleaners in two. She grabbed the hilt of her sword in her mouth , flared out her wings, jumped into the air and sailed over to the main arena. She landed on the ground with a thud, kicking up dust and sand into the air, prepping for the next wave. Drexin saw a flood of Corpse Cleaners pour out of the ceiling and walls. She did not have long before she would be overwhelmed. She shook the thought from her mind, purely focusing on the next attack.
Zaria too the vial of dark liquid into her hands. She looked it over, trying to tell what it is, her head tilted a bit. I wonder... Not going to open it though. She tucked the vial into a pouch on her belt. Zaria craned her head to see where Undae had gone. Not long after, there was a large crash and thud sound. "Ah, the Arcane rooms, I skipped those. Guess she's looking pretty hard for something." She mumbled. She walked over to the entrance to the second room and saw the small crystal in her talons. "Hm? What's that?"

Drexin felt Aestas's panic. She shook it off as she continued forward. I am here. She thought as she cut though another. She felt through the Skydancer that there were more coming. She needed more space. She growled, sword in both her hands, she secured her footing, and swung her sword in a circle around herself, slashing many Cleaners in two. She grabbed the hilt of her sword in her mouth , flared out her wings, jumped into the air and sailed over to the main arena. She landed on the ground with a thud, kicking up dust and sand into the air, prepping for the next wave. Drexin saw a flood of Corpse Cleaners pour out of the ceiling and walls. She did not have long before she would be overwhelmed. She shook the thought from her mind, purely focusing on the next attack.
Ef1ONJ1.png
Undae held the crystal close to her chest, shaking all over. It was pink chalcedony, like the Crystalspine Reaches.
"It's all- all that's left," Undae muttered, mostly to herself.
Undae was startled by the sudden eruption of noise. Old metal grinding against rust and age.
"The doors." She said to Zaria. "Come on."

The metal doors of the arena shrieked in protest as they were opened. The Corpse cleaners that had gathered under Aestas all turned to face them as they creaked open. Styrka stood in shock for a moment as she saw the insects' eyes turn to her hungrily.
Go to Drexin! Aestas' thought came riddled with panic that broke Styrka's stupor. She spread her wings and took off, following Aestas as he flew to Drexin. She had cleared away a large swath of cleaners but more were advancing. Aestas landed beside her, Styrka following shortly after. With a nod to Styrka, Aestas closed his eyes and started humming. A barrier of light rose between the three and the cleaners, glimmering a faint green. Aestas' brow crinkled as he focused. He could feel the strength being drained from him.
"Drexin!" Styrka shouted across the skydancer's shoulder. "Give me your sword!"
Undae held the crystal close to her chest, shaking all over. It was pink chalcedony, like the Crystalspine Reaches.
"It's all- all that's left," Undae muttered, mostly to herself.
Undae was startled by the sudden eruption of noise. Old metal grinding against rust and age.
"The doors." She said to Zaria. "Come on."

The metal doors of the arena shrieked in protest as they were opened. The Corpse cleaners that had gathered under Aestas all turned to face them as they creaked open. Styrka stood in shock for a moment as she saw the insects' eyes turn to her hungrily.
Go to Drexin! Aestas' thought came riddled with panic that broke Styrka's stupor. She spread her wings and took off, following Aestas as he flew to Drexin. She had cleared away a large swath of cleaners but more were advancing. Aestas landed beside her, Styrka following shortly after. With a nod to Styrka, Aestas closed his eyes and started humming. A barrier of light rose between the three and the cleaners, glimmering a faint green. Aestas' brow crinkled as he focused. He could feel the strength being drained from him.
"Drexin!" Styrka shouted across the skydancer's shoulder. "Give me your sword!"
((The only thing I can think of that might conflict is Zarias' age, she is not too old, around young adult. Just thought of that))

Zaria was a bit confused at Undae's reaction over the crystal. She shrugged. I knew it had to be something personal. She thought to herself. Something shook the ground a bit as a grinding sound protruded from out of no where. "What the...?" She said in confusion. Zaria turned to Undae and nodded, ready to follow her.

Drexin roared a loud war cry into the open space, intimidating and challenging the Corpse Cleaners, her wings flared out to make her seem larger than she was. Her tail whipped around her as she stood her ground and watched the parade of bugs crawl towards her. A voice flew through her mind, she could not make out who, as she was too focused on the wave of Cleaners. Next thing she knew, Styrka and Aestas were by her sides. The Mirror complied with the Coatl's request, reluctantly handing over her sword.
((The only thing I can think of that might conflict is Zarias' age, she is not too old, around young adult. Just thought of that))

Zaria was a bit confused at Undae's reaction over the crystal. She shrugged. I knew it had to be something personal. She thought to herself. Something shook the ground a bit as a grinding sound protruded from out of no where. "What the...?" She said in confusion. Zaria turned to Undae and nodded, ready to follow her.

Drexin roared a loud war cry into the open space, intimidating and challenging the Corpse Cleaners, her wings flared out to make her seem larger than she was. Her tail whipped around her as she stood her ground and watched the parade of bugs crawl towards her. A voice flew through her mind, she could not make out who, as she was too focused on the wave of Cleaners. Next thing she knew, Styrka and Aestas were by her sides. The Mirror complied with the Coatl's request, reluctantly handing over her sword.
Ef1ONJ1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7