Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No More Mercy [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Undae took the papers from Drexin, examining the map first and then the other scraps of parchment. She turned and handed one to Styrka. "Think you can translate that?"
Styrka took the paper, still eyeing Undae warily after her outburst. She scanned the parchment and her eyes widened.
"This is coatl!" She exclaimed.
"Yeah I figured," Undae scoffed. "All those consonants."
"It's a ledger." Styrka ignored her comment. "Merchandise, who brought it and how much it cost." She frowned. "It's. . . Mostly eggs."
"Read me the names." Undae grunted.
"Umm," Styrka squinted at the paper. "Looks like four main suppliers, Gnyrul, Hanasi," She paused and chewed her lip. "Can't read that one and-" Styrka's eyes widened again and her jaw fell.
"What?" Undae growled and made her way towards the coatl.
"Syrthio," Her voice was almost a whisper. "It says Syrthio.
"Damn it." Undae huffed, her face contorted in an expression of pain.
Aestas stood in the doorway and tapped Drexin's shoulder. He held up one finger to his mouth and jerked his head, motioning just outside the room.

(( the name that Styrka couldn't read is whatever Zaria's old name was. Zaria should also know Syrthio's name since he was the Kharran's main smuggler and runner ))
Undae took the papers from Drexin, examining the map first and then the other scraps of parchment. She turned and handed one to Styrka. "Think you can translate that?"
Styrka took the paper, still eyeing Undae warily after her outburst. She scanned the parchment and her eyes widened.
"This is coatl!" She exclaimed.
"Yeah I figured," Undae scoffed. "All those consonants."
"It's a ledger." Styrka ignored her comment. "Merchandise, who brought it and how much it cost." She frowned. "It's. . . Mostly eggs."
"Read me the names." Undae grunted.
"Umm," Styrka squinted at the paper. "Looks like four main suppliers, Gnyrul, Hanasi," She paused and chewed her lip. "Can't read that one and-" Styrka's eyes widened again and her jaw fell.
"What?" Undae growled and made her way towards the coatl.
"Syrthio," Her voice was almost a whisper. "It says Syrthio.
"Damn it." Undae huffed, her face contorted in an expression of pain.
Aestas stood in the doorway and tapped Drexin's shoulder. He held up one finger to his mouth and jerked his head, motioning just outside the room.

(( the name that Styrka couldn't read is whatever Zaria's old name was. Zaria should also know Syrthio's name since he was the Kharran's main smuggler and runner ))
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
((Her original name was Brio. And thank you for the information. As far as a second hide out or last destination, I was thinking somewhere near the Wyrmwound, a place that no one want to go would be good.))

Zaria walked over to Undae and Styrka. She had a serious expression on her face and crossed arms. She knew the names on the paper and what the paper was. "Sorry if this comes off as rude, but, what does this mean? Does it lead us to any where else? Other than the names, what other information can we get?" Zaria asked.

Drexin watched as the three dragons talked, taking a step back to give them space. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see the Skydancer gestering her to come over. She was confused, but never the less, she turned and walked out the door to meet him, wondering what he wanted. "Yes?" she asked.
((Her original name was Brio. And thank you for the information. As far as a second hide out or last destination, I was thinking somewhere near the Wyrmwound, a place that no one want to go would be good.))

Zaria walked over to Undae and Styrka. She had a serious expression on her face and crossed arms. She knew the names on the paper and what the paper was. "Sorry if this comes off as rude, but, what does this mean? Does it lead us to any where else? Other than the names, what other information can we get?" Zaria asked.

Drexin watched as the three dragons talked, taking a step back to give them space. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see the Skydancer gestering her to come over. She was confused, but never the less, she turned and walked out the door to meet him, wondering what he wanted. "Yes?" she asked.
Ef1ONJ1.png
"Syrthio. . . He's in our clan." Styrka gulped, looking back and forth at Zaria and Undae. "He has been for some time but he barely talks just. . . passes through."
"Then it's no accident." Undae snatched the ledger from Styrka's hand and crumpled it up, tossing it aside. "He's undoubtedly been watching us. The question is, was he doing it for someone else's sake, or his own?"
Meanwhile in the hall, Aestas turned from Drexin and laid his hand on the opposite wall. The tendrils parted, as if they recognized the touch of a Plague dragon. With a wave of his hand, the tendrils and pustules parted to reveal a door. It was steel, like the one they saw in the entryway, but it was much smaller. The Plague insignia was also engraved in the same spot. With a gentle push, the door yawned open soundlessly. Aestas reached out slowly to Drexin, not wanting to startle her. He hovered his hand over her shoulder and gave her a questioning look, asking for permission to touch her. It was wise to not touch a mirror without consulting them first.
"Syrthio. . . He's in our clan." Styrka gulped, looking back and forth at Zaria and Undae. "He has been for some time but he barely talks just. . . passes through."
"Then it's no accident." Undae snatched the ledger from Styrka's hand and crumpled it up, tossing it aside. "He's undoubtedly been watching us. The question is, was he doing it for someone else's sake, or his own?"
Meanwhile in the hall, Aestas turned from Drexin and laid his hand on the opposite wall. The tendrils parted, as if they recognized the touch of a Plague dragon. With a wave of his hand, the tendrils and pustules parted to reveal a door. It was steel, like the one they saw in the entryway, but it was much smaller. The Plague insignia was also engraved in the same spot. With a gentle push, the door yawned open soundlessly. Aestas reached out slowly to Drexin, not wanting to startle her. He hovered his hand over her shoulder and gave her a questioning look, asking for permission to touch her. It was wise to not touch a mirror without consulting them first.
Zara eyes grew wide and her stomach dropped. She unfolded her arm and let them hang by her side. "That is NOT good. For all we know, this could be a trap waiting to happen or we are being watched closer that I thought." She said in a dreary tone. "We better find out sooner or later, this could be bad. For now, lets hope that it is for himself."

Drexin looked over at the newer set of doors, then back at Aestas. What does he want to show her? She thought a bit, than nodded. Whatever it was, she could take care of herself.
Zara eyes grew wide and her stomach dropped. She unfolded her arm and let them hang by her side. "That is NOT good. For all we know, this could be a trap waiting to happen or we are being watched closer that I thought." She said in a dreary tone. "We better find out sooner or later, this could be bad. For now, lets hope that it is for himself."

Drexin looked over at the newer set of doors, then back at Aestas. What does he want to show her? She thought a bit, than nodded. Whatever it was, she could take care of herself.
Ef1ONJ1.png
"Styrka keep looking here," Undae commanded. "Zaria, you're with me. We'll search the other wing. Aestas!" Undae stretched her neck, looking into the corridor past Zaria's head. "Double back and search for anything we might have missed."
Aestas broke his gaze from Drexin to pop his head into the room and nod. The tendrils crept back over the small door, hiding it from sight as Undae passed the two of them. Aestas watched her go briefly, before turning back to Drexin and gingerly placing his hand on the unarmored part of her shoulder. He closed his eyes and felt a humming under his hand where it met Drexin. His hand almost seemed to melt away as he let magic flow between them.
When he opened his eyes, he saw himself. He saw himself illuminated in red. His body heat.
Four eyes, he thought. Wow.
He removed his hand from Drexin's shoulder and stretched his arms. He felt stronger. He could see better, smell better. He could almost feel the armor on his on back as it was on Drexin. He raised his hand again, compelling the tendrils to part. The door beneath remained open, waiting for them.

(( Aestas and Drexin are bonded now! Aestas can communicate with her like he does Styrka. The first 24 hours of the bond are particularly strong so Aestas and Drexin will share sensations and may share thoughts unwillingly but as time passes they will be able to control what they share more easily))
"Styrka keep looking here," Undae commanded. "Zaria, you're with me. We'll search the other wing. Aestas!" Undae stretched her neck, looking into the corridor past Zaria's head. "Double back and search for anything we might have missed."
Aestas broke his gaze from Drexin to pop his head into the room and nod. The tendrils crept back over the small door, hiding it from sight as Undae passed the two of them. Aestas watched her go briefly, before turning back to Drexin and gingerly placing his hand on the unarmored part of her shoulder. He closed his eyes and felt a humming under his hand where it met Drexin. His hand almost seemed to melt away as he let magic flow between them.
When he opened his eyes, he saw himself. He saw himself illuminated in red. His body heat.
Four eyes, he thought. Wow.
He removed his hand from Drexin's shoulder and stretched his arms. He felt stronger. He could see better, smell better. He could almost feel the armor on his on back as it was on Drexin. He raised his hand again, compelling the tendrils to part. The door beneath remained open, waiting for them.

(( Aestas and Drexin are bonded now! Aestas can communicate with her like he does Styrka. The first 24 hours of the bond are particularly strong so Aestas and Drexin will share sensations and may share thoughts unwillingly but as time passes they will be able to control what they share more easily))
((Oh nice! Happy that Drexin can have more input now. Just a heads up, Drexin's thoughts are not so kind, a lot of the time.))

"Got it!" Zaria said. She scurried behind the Guardian, following the path they had just come from. She fell silent to her own thoughts. Well, this is not good. They might discover what I had done.... She nodded. Well, if they do find out I'll have to be honest, no hiding or excuses this time. I'll explain what happened. She then adopted the serious tone she had before.

Zaria reared backwards a little, throwing a wild look at the Skydancer. What the.. what the HECK was that? She had a bewildered look on her face. What did you DO to me? She bared her fangs a bit. Drexin shook her head and calmed down a bit.Beh! This i what I get for following a magic user. She looked back over to the door that had revealed itself again.
((Oh nice! Happy that Drexin can have more input now. Just a heads up, Drexin's thoughts are not so kind, a lot of the time.))

"Got it!" Zaria said. She scurried behind the Guardian, following the path they had just come from. She fell silent to her own thoughts. Well, this is not good. They might discover what I had done.... She nodded. Well, if they do find out I'll have to be honest, no hiding or excuses this time. I'll explain what happened. She then adopted the serious tone she had before.

Zaria reared backwards a little, throwing a wild look at the Skydancer. What the.. what the HECK was that? She had a bewildered look on her face. What did you DO to me? She bared her fangs a bit. Drexin shook her head and calmed down a bit.Beh! This i what I get for following a magic user. She looked back over to the door that had revealed itself again.
Ef1ONJ1.png
Undae led the way down the corridor. The stone floor was covered with old bloodstains, not nearly as well preserved as in the Kharran's chamber, but undeniably old, dried up pools of blood. There were more bones here. Dragon bones. Carcasses that had been chewed and picked at for over 20 years until there was almost nothing left. Undae walked as if they weren't they, oblivious to their snapping and splintering under her feet. Her hands were shaking almost violently. Styrka's vines followed her, casting shadows on her face that hid her eyes.
When the tunnel began veering off to the left, Undae could see a series of arches ahead of her, with two doors separating each one. She looked up and engraved on the top of the arch was the sigil for Earth. She passed under it warily before turning to the doors. Like all the others they were rotten, but painted above each one was a red X, faded and worn.

Aestas huffed. I created a telepathic bond between us, I didn't DO anything to you. It let's me talk to you like I do with Styrka. You can even talk to her through me.
Hi! The coatl's inner voice chirped to both of them.
And I don't even use magic that much. he added curtly before ducking his head and walking through the door.
The floor was covered in cold grime that sent shivers down Aestas' spine. The walls of the small space brushed against his side. He walked forward carefully in the dark, until he saw a light ahead.
Aestas felt sand under his claws as the walls around him fell away to open space. He lifted his head, stretching his cramped neck before looking around him.
The room was massive. The first thing Aestas noticed was the light. It streamed down through a giant, sickly green membrane that dominated most of the ceiling.
Green bubble of death, Aestas thought. He felt a rush of embarrassment when he realized Drexin had probably heard that.
The room was an amphitheater. To Aestas' right were the massive steel doors they had seen earlier. The seats were decorated with tattered red banners of Plague.
Aestas stiffened as a cold realization came to him.
This isn't an amphitheater. It's an arena.
Undae led the way down the corridor. The stone floor was covered with old bloodstains, not nearly as well preserved as in the Kharran's chamber, but undeniably old, dried up pools of blood. There were more bones here. Dragon bones. Carcasses that had been chewed and picked at for over 20 years until there was almost nothing left. Undae walked as if they weren't they, oblivious to their snapping and splintering under her feet. Her hands were shaking almost violently. Styrka's vines followed her, casting shadows on her face that hid her eyes.
When the tunnel began veering off to the left, Undae could see a series of arches ahead of her, with two doors separating each one. She looked up and engraved on the top of the arch was the sigil for Earth. She passed under it warily before turning to the doors. Like all the others they were rotten, but painted above each one was a red X, faded and worn.

Aestas huffed. I created a telepathic bond between us, I didn't DO anything to you. It let's me talk to you like I do with Styrka. You can even talk to her through me.
Hi! The coatl's inner voice chirped to both of them.
And I don't even use magic that much. he added curtly before ducking his head and walking through the door.
The floor was covered in cold grime that sent shivers down Aestas' spine. The walls of the small space brushed against his side. He walked forward carefully in the dark, until he saw a light ahead.
Aestas felt sand under his claws as the walls around him fell away to open space. He lifted his head, stretching his cramped neck before looking around him.
The room was massive. The first thing Aestas noticed was the light. It streamed down through a giant, sickly green membrane that dominated most of the ceiling.
Green bubble of death, Aestas thought. He felt a rush of embarrassment when he realized Drexin had probably heard that.
The room was an amphitheater. To Aestas' right were the massive steel doors they had seen earlier. The seats were decorated with tattered red banners of Plague.
Aestas stiffened as a cold realization came to him.
This isn't an amphitheater. It's an arena.
((Sorry I had to eat dinner. I do have a question. Is is just one archway or is it many different paths? Or does the archway lead down 2 different paths?))
((Sorry I had to eat dinner. I do have a question. Is is just one archway or is it many different paths? Or does the archway lead down 2 different paths?))
Ef1ONJ1.png
(( It is one continuous path with 10 other archways going down. The whole lair is built like a circle around the arena. so they have been following the same path that just loops around back to the entrance. The left half of the outer circle is the corridor with the rooms that Undae and everyone just passed through. The right half of the circle which Undae and Zaria have just entered has the archways. There are 11 archways in total and between each one are two rooms.
sorry if i wasn't clear about that before!))
(( It is one continuous path with 10 other archways going down. The whole lair is built like a circle around the arena. so they have been following the same path that just loops around back to the entrance. The left half of the outer circle is the corridor with the rooms that Undae and everyone just passed through. The right half of the circle which Undae and Zaria have just entered has the archways. There are 11 archways in total and between each one are two rooms.
sorry if i wasn't clear about that before!))
Zaria gazed at the too doors, studying them. Man, this entire place is covered in so much blood, grime and mold. It's so disgusting. She complained to herself. "So," She said, crossing her arms again. "Which way to go? We can stick together or split apart, since there are two doors. But, I'm following your lead here. So, it's your call."

Drexin entered the Arena room, the sound of her foot step were swallowed up by the sand that covered the ground. She grinned, she was familiar with arenas. Yes, you are right, Skydancer, this IS an arena. I wonder if there is anything here I can loot? What sorts of weapons or such they used. I can only guess they did more than smuggling eggs. Looks like cult-like behavior. She thought. Now, lets look around. Drexin had a fearless air to her as she walked the middle path to the middle of the arena.
Zaria gazed at the too doors, studying them. Man, this entire place is covered in so much blood, grime and mold. It's so disgusting. She complained to herself. "So," She said, crossing her arms again. "Which way to go? We can stick together or split apart, since there are two doors. But, I'm following your lead here. So, it's your call."

Drexin entered the Arena room, the sound of her foot step were swallowed up by the sand that covered the ground. She grinned, she was familiar with arenas. Yes, you are right, Skydancer, this IS an arena. I wonder if there is anything here I can loot? What sorts of weapons or such they used. I can only guess they did more than smuggling eggs. Looks like cult-like behavior. She thought. Now, lets look around. Drexin had a fearless air to her as she walked the middle path to the middle of the arena.
Ef1ONJ1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7