Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No More Mercy [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Aestas quickly took another glance at the map before stuffing it into his bag again. He stretched his wings and turned to face the Plague lands. Styrka looked up to Zaria and Drexin.
"Ready to go?" She asked, doing her best to be cheerful.
Undae followed Aestas' lead and stood by his side. Aestas gently laid one of his wings on her, like a mother would her hatchlings. Undae grunted and shook him off.
"Stop it, I'm fine." She felt Aestas' worry ebb off him. "I can manage, alright? Let's go."
Aestas quickly took another glance at the map before stuffing it into his bag again. He stretched his wings and turned to face the Plague lands. Styrka looked up to Zaria and Drexin.
"Ready to go?" She asked, doing her best to be cheerful.
Undae followed Aestas' lead and stood by his side. Aestas gently laid one of his wings on her, like a mother would her hatchlings. Undae grunted and shook him off.
"Stop it, I'm fine." She felt Aestas' worry ebb off him. "I can manage, alright? Let's go."
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
“So, we need to make our way through the Contagion to the Boneyard. Now, the question is, would you rather we walk or fly through? Walking will take longer, but we can stay hidden easier and scout around for any trace of them. Or fly, which will be a shorter trip, but we would be spotted easily and can’t scout around as much. Either one you pick, I’ll lead the way, since I know Plague decently enough to get around.” Zaria ask, her tone turned back to serious.
“So, we need to make our way through the Contagion to the Boneyard. Now, the question is, would you rather we walk or fly through? Walking will take longer, but we can stay hidden easier and scout around for any trace of them. Or fly, which will be a shorter trip, but we would be spotted easily and can’t scout around as much. Either one you pick, I’ll lead the way, since I know Plague decently enough to get around.” Zaria ask, her tone turned back to serious.
Ef1ONJ1.png
"We'll fly for now." Undae turned back to face the wildclaw. "We haven't made any enemies in Plague as of yet and no one knows what we're searching for. We'll walk when that changes." Undae cocked an eyebrow at the pair. "Unless you have any old 'friends' that we should know about now?"
Styrka looked to Aestas for his approval. He nodded at her, his thoughts spilling out to her. She's right, he thought. Most likely we will have to walk once we visit the caverns.
Why? Styrka thought back at him.
It's a cursed site. It's always being watched now.
"We'll fly for now." Undae turned back to face the wildclaw. "We haven't made any enemies in Plague as of yet and no one knows what we're searching for. We'll walk when that changes." Undae cocked an eyebrow at the pair. "Unless you have any old 'friends' that we should know about now?"
Styrka looked to Aestas for his approval. He nodded at her, his thoughts spilling out to her. She's right, he thought. Most likely we will have to walk once we visit the caverns.
Why? Styrka thought back at him.
It's a cursed site. It's always being watched now.
Zaria’s eye lids lowered, slightly annoyed at the distrust in her. Man, I cant catch a break with these guys. I know I’m not the nicest dragon in the world, but geeze. She then blinked, crossed her arms again and nodded in agreement.

“I assure you, all of my ‘friends’ are on the ‘evil’ and ‘wicked’ side. I’m a hand for hire, not a cold blooded killer,” she hissed. “Besides, I normally work solo, so being in a group will keep me out of the eyes of most of my ‘friends.’” She huffed in annoyance.

“One other thing, be prepared and keep your guard up at all times. Places like these are normally not one hundred percent empty. They may still have a defense system in place or something to warn them.” She said. With that said, Zaria flared out her wings and rocketed off of the ground, with a giant leap, aided with wind magic. Her larger wings and wind element made her a natural in the sky. “Hey, Drexin. You should join me up here.” She teased at the Mirror.

Drexin narrowed her eyes. “I will stay down here,” she growled in reply.

(for future reference Zaria has delt with many a bad people. As far as her involvement with them, it’s all depends on what happens in rp and what they do. Either I want to try to plan to be either a kidnapped kid that somehow managed to escape or was freed or rescued some how, then trained. Or, she has delt with clan members of theirs in the past. No need to tell me know if you want, just wanted to tell you a bit what I was planning.)
Zaria’s eye lids lowered, slightly annoyed at the distrust in her. Man, I cant catch a break with these guys. I know I’m not the nicest dragon in the world, but geeze. She then blinked, crossed her arms again and nodded in agreement.

“I assure you, all of my ‘friends’ are on the ‘evil’ and ‘wicked’ side. I’m a hand for hire, not a cold blooded killer,” she hissed. “Besides, I normally work solo, so being in a group will keep me out of the eyes of most of my ‘friends.’” She huffed in annoyance.

“One other thing, be prepared and keep your guard up at all times. Places like these are normally not one hundred percent empty. They may still have a defense system in place or something to warn them.” She said. With that said, Zaria flared out her wings and rocketed off of the ground, with a giant leap, aided with wind magic. Her larger wings and wind element made her a natural in the sky. “Hey, Drexin. You should join me up here.” She teased at the Mirror.

Drexin narrowed her eyes. “I will stay down here,” she growled in reply.

(for future reference Zaria has delt with many a bad people. As far as her involvement with them, it’s all depends on what happens in rp and what they do. Either I want to try to plan to be either a kidnapped kid that somehow managed to escape or was freed or rescued some how, then trained. Or, she has delt with clan members of theirs in the past. No need to tell me know if you want, just wanted to tell you a bit what I was planning.)
Ef1ONJ1.png
((okay cool! i would suggest that if Zaria has always been a hand for hire she worked for them at some point and it went south. I'll give you some more info once the plot progresses a lil bit!))

Aestas jumped off the ground after Zaria, kicking up sand. He flapped his wings furiously, trying to keep up with her. He waved her over with his hand, gesturing for her to follow him. He was the one with the map after all.
Undae turned to look at Styrka before taking off after the other two. Styrka sighed and turned to Drexin.
"Are you not flying?" She asked, tilting her head to one side.
Meanwhile Undae caught up to Zaria. Though she did not have Wind magic on her side, her wingspan was superior to Zaria's.
"The caves will be empty of other dragons," She shouted to her over the wind. "But there will be defenses in place and we will be watched."
((okay cool! i would suggest that if Zaria has always been a hand for hire she worked for them at some point and it went south. I'll give you some more info once the plot progresses a lil bit!))

Aestas jumped off the ground after Zaria, kicking up sand. He flapped his wings furiously, trying to keep up with her. He waved her over with his hand, gesturing for her to follow him. He was the one with the map after all.
Undae turned to look at Styrka before taking off after the other two. Styrka sighed and turned to Drexin.
"Are you not flying?" She asked, tilting her head to one side.
Meanwhile Undae caught up to Zaria. Though she did not have Wind magic on her side, her wingspan was superior to Zaria's.
"The caves will be empty of other dragons," She shouted to her over the wind. "But there will be defenses in place and we will be watched."
((Would be a neat story arc for her, almost Black Window esc. Her backstory that I have so far is the she was found abandon and trained in many forms of combat, sadly after leaving, she had nothing to fall back on, so at a young age she took any job she could get her hands on. This could include working with/for them in the past for a bit, and ultimately regretting it now. As far as now, she has a sense/duty of justice due to past mistakes/regrets. She only takes jobs that benefit the "good guys" or the little people. Sadly, putting a target on her back from the more powerful people with little/no morals.))

((With that said, sorry for my disappearance, I had stuff to do and had to eat. My guess at what they do? They ran a bad daycare/hatchery facility with a side shop that sold really tasty meat pies, bacon, and omelettes. Some of the omelettes boosted elemental powers. :P)) ((I head canon that now about eating elemental dragons eggs, would be a messed up plot/rp device))

Drexin shook her head no. "I am a Mirror. My wings do not support me in flight for too long. I am faster on the ground. I will keep pace." She said in a flat tone of voice. The Mirror then stretched her wings to prove a point. While, she did have larger wings than a normal Mirror would, parts of the wing membrane were torn slashed. She folded her wings again and turned in the direction that the rest were headed.

Zaria looked over to the others who had just caught up to her. "Fine, I'll follow the Skydancer with the map. And yes, I expect there to be traps and stuff."
((Would be a neat story arc for her, almost Black Window esc. Her backstory that I have so far is the she was found abandon and trained in many forms of combat, sadly after leaving, she had nothing to fall back on, so at a young age she took any job she could get her hands on. This could include working with/for them in the past for a bit, and ultimately regretting it now. As far as now, she has a sense/duty of justice due to past mistakes/regrets. She only takes jobs that benefit the "good guys" or the little people. Sadly, putting a target on her back from the more powerful people with little/no morals.))

((With that said, sorry for my disappearance, I had stuff to do and had to eat. My guess at what they do? They ran a bad daycare/hatchery facility with a side shop that sold really tasty meat pies, bacon, and omelettes. Some of the omelettes boosted elemental powers. :P)) ((I head canon that now about eating elemental dragons eggs, would be a messed up plot/rp device))

Drexin shook her head no. "I am a Mirror. My wings do not support me in flight for too long. I am faster on the ground. I will keep pace." She said in a flat tone of voice. The Mirror then stretched her wings to prove a point. While, she did have larger wings than a normal Mirror would, parts of the wing membrane were torn slashed. She folded her wings again and turned in the direction that the rest were headed.

Zaria looked over to the others who had just caught up to her. "Fine, I'll follow the Skydancer with the map. And yes, I expect there to be traps and stuff."
Ef1ONJ1.png
(( yeah that'd work out great! The Kharrans could have hired her to help smuggle eggs for them and dark magical artifacts and the like. I'll let you flesh out the rest of the details!))

Styrka stifled a gasp at Drexin's scarred wings. She hesitated for a moment as she watched her walk off, her armor just as silent as when she arrived. Styrka eventually took off after the others. As the smallest of all of them, she was the last behind Aestas.
Aestas glided as the heat of the Wasteland created a warm updraft under his wings. He closed his eyes for a second and remembered his youth. Though the Wasteland wasn't quite home to him anymore, the feeling sure was nostalgic. They were hit with a wave of foul air that made Undae wobble as she flew. Styrka flapped up to her.
"Are you okay?" She questioned. Undae kept her head down and murmured something incomprehensible but kept flying.
What did she say? Aestas questioned her gently at the back of her mind.
'Memories'. Styrka responded. I'm not quite sure what that means.
(( yeah that'd work out great! The Kharrans could have hired her to help smuggle eggs for them and dark magical artifacts and the like. I'll let you flesh out the rest of the details!))

Styrka stifled a gasp at Drexin's scarred wings. She hesitated for a moment as she watched her walk off, her armor just as silent as when she arrived. Styrka eventually took off after the others. As the smallest of all of them, she was the last behind Aestas.
Aestas glided as the heat of the Wasteland created a warm updraft under his wings. He closed his eyes for a second and remembered his youth. Though the Wasteland wasn't quite home to him anymore, the feeling sure was nostalgic. They were hit with a wave of foul air that made Undae wobble as she flew. Styrka flapped up to her.
"Are you okay?" She questioned. Undae kept her head down and murmured something incomprehensible but kept flying.
What did she say? Aestas questioned her gently at the back of her mind.
'Memories'. Styrka responded. I'm not quite sure what that means.
((I love that they talk via telepathy, since they are arcane dragons. I have always headcanoned that too.))

Drexin zipped off after the group in the air, the sand forming a cloud in the air from where she launched. She kept pace with them very well, not really lagging behind much at all. As they crossed the border into Plague the warmth, moist air and putrid smell surrounded the dragons, Zaria practically flinched and nearly gagged on the air. Drexin, however, was unfazed.

"This is one reason I don't visit here often." The Wildclaw whined. Zaria quickly recovered and caught up to the rest of the group, having fallen behind.

The warm, wet ground squished under Drexin's feet as she ran across the landscape. The wetness in the air got into her armor, causing is to get damp and uncomfortable. She grunted, oh well, better make do and just ignore it for now.
((I love that they talk via telepathy, since they are arcane dragons. I have always headcanoned that too.))

Drexin zipped off after the group in the air, the sand forming a cloud in the air from where she launched. She kept pace with them very well, not really lagging behind much at all. As they crossed the border into Plague the warmth, moist air and putrid smell surrounded the dragons, Zaria practically flinched and nearly gagged on the air. Drexin, however, was unfazed.

"This is one reason I don't visit here often." The Wildclaw whined. Zaria quickly recovered and caught up to the rest of the group, having fallen behind.

The warm, wet ground squished under Drexin's feet as she ran across the landscape. The wetness in the air got into her armor, causing is to get damp and uncomfortable. She grunted, oh well, better make do and just ignore it for now.
Ef1ONJ1.png
(( oh that's actually a special lil something Aestas can do! Unlike other skydancers who can sense emotions and are empathic, Aestas is telepathic and projects his emotions. It's part of why he left Plague in the first place.))

Undae took note of Drexin's speed on land. She'll be useful if we ever need to scout ahead, she thought to herself.
Styrka felt sick as the rotten air hit her. Her amulet crackled a little, responding to the illnesses that undoubtedly composed the foul wind. She looked up to Undae, who had thankfully regained her composure. Undae had said she wouldn't need an amulet, but now that they were in Plague territory she couldn't help but feel concerned.
Aestas led the way, expertly navigating the thermals of the Wandering Contagion. As the tendrils of growth lessened and gave way to the bleak expanse of the Boneyard, he began moving downward, gradually losing altitude as they approached their destination.
Undae landed first, diving straight down ahead of the skydancer. She snapped her wings up as she approached the ground, landing heavily on the ground. She breathed in, closing her eyes and taking in the hot air. Her claws prickled.
Aestas landed beside her, heaving raggedly from exertion. He collapsed in a heap as Styrka flew furiously to his side. Undae however, remained motionless, eyes still closed, still breathing slowly.
"Aestas! Are you okay?" She touched his flank gently. Aestas turned his eyes to look at her and his emotion poured out for all of them to feel. Pure exhaustion.
Styrka wasted no time. She held both her hands above his side and they began glowing. Aestas closed his eyes as she healed him.
"Sorry," Styrka muttered, not taking her eyes off her friend. "He's not the strongest. You go on ahead. I'll take care of him."
(( oh that's actually a special lil something Aestas can do! Unlike other skydancers who can sense emotions and are empathic, Aestas is telepathic and projects his emotions. It's part of why he left Plague in the first place.))

Undae took note of Drexin's speed on land. She'll be useful if we ever need to scout ahead, she thought to herself.
Styrka felt sick as the rotten air hit her. Her amulet crackled a little, responding to the illnesses that undoubtedly composed the foul wind. She looked up to Undae, who had thankfully regained her composure. Undae had said she wouldn't need an amulet, but now that they were in Plague territory she couldn't help but feel concerned.
Aestas led the way, expertly navigating the thermals of the Wandering Contagion. As the tendrils of growth lessened and gave way to the bleak expanse of the Boneyard, he began moving downward, gradually losing altitude as they approached their destination.
Undae landed first, diving straight down ahead of the skydancer. She snapped her wings up as she approached the ground, landing heavily on the ground. She breathed in, closing her eyes and taking in the hot air. Her claws prickled.
Aestas landed beside her, heaving raggedly from exertion. He collapsed in a heap as Styrka flew furiously to his side. Undae however, remained motionless, eyes still closed, still breathing slowly.
"Aestas! Are you okay?" She touched his flank gently. Aestas turned his eyes to look at her and his emotion poured out for all of them to feel. Pure exhaustion.
Styrka wasted no time. She held both her hands above his side and they began glowing. Aestas closed his eyes as she healed him.
"Sorry," Styrka muttered, not taking her eyes off her friend. "He's not the strongest. You go on ahead. I'll take care of him."
((Sorry about the late response. Work nights mostly, so I will not respond right away until I get out. Also, for a bit in the future, Zaria did change her name to the name she has now.))

Zaria dived to the ground in a similar fashion as Undae. However, before hitting the earth below, she flared her wings out, aimed her arms at the ground, and let Wind magic slow her decent. She landed o the ground with little more than a thud. She folded her wings back beside her.

Drexin crossed over to the lands of the Boneyard. They had been moving for a while, but she seemed to still have a lot of energy left to her. reaching the Boneyard, the earth no longer was soft beneath her feet, it crunched and crackled, like the sound of bones grinding. She slowed her pace to a trot as she caught up with the rest of the dragons as they had landed.

Drexin joined the rest of the group, walking over to near were Zaria was. When Aestas collapsed, Drexin was unfazed by the feeling of exhaustion, though, it hit Zaria. The Wildclaw swayed a bit, huffed, then promptly shook herself.

"Are you sure he'll be ok? We can wait a bit, since I don't think we are too far from the caves, according to the map." Zaria asked. She seemed slightly concerned for the Skydancer. He's kinda weak, She thought to herself, At least we have a healer.

Zaria perked up a bit, remembering something. She wiped around to grab something from her belt, that had many pockets and pouches, as well as two visible scimitars by her sides. She reached into one of the pouches and pulled out what looked to be a larger sized vial. It looked to be full of mud and dirt, however, it was infused with arcane magic. "I nearly forgot about this." She spoke out loud. "Our gardener as our clan is an Arcane dragon, who mixes her magic with the soil she used to help enhance the growth of the plants. This stuff can help us loss or scent, so we will be harder to track. I always keep some on me."
((Sorry about the late response. Work nights mostly, so I will not respond right away until I get out. Also, for a bit in the future, Zaria did change her name to the name she has now.))

Zaria dived to the ground in a similar fashion as Undae. However, before hitting the earth below, she flared her wings out, aimed her arms at the ground, and let Wind magic slow her decent. She landed o the ground with little more than a thud. She folded her wings back beside her.

Drexin crossed over to the lands of the Boneyard. They had been moving for a while, but she seemed to still have a lot of energy left to her. reaching the Boneyard, the earth no longer was soft beneath her feet, it crunched and crackled, like the sound of bones grinding. She slowed her pace to a trot as she caught up with the rest of the dragons as they had landed.

Drexin joined the rest of the group, walking over to near were Zaria was. When Aestas collapsed, Drexin was unfazed by the feeling of exhaustion, though, it hit Zaria. The Wildclaw swayed a bit, huffed, then promptly shook herself.

"Are you sure he'll be ok? We can wait a bit, since I don't think we are too far from the caves, according to the map." Zaria asked. She seemed slightly concerned for the Skydancer. He's kinda weak, She thought to herself, At least we have a healer.

Zaria perked up a bit, remembering something. She wiped around to grab something from her belt, that had many pockets and pouches, as well as two visible scimitars by her sides. She reached into one of the pouches and pulled out what looked to be a larger sized vial. It looked to be full of mud and dirt, however, it was infused with arcane magic. "I nearly forgot about this." She spoke out loud. "Our gardener as our clan is an Arcane dragon, who mixes her magic with the soil she used to help enhance the growth of the plants. This stuff can help us loss or scent, so we will be harder to track. I always keep some on me."
Ef1ONJ1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7