Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No More Mercy [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Cerion "Are you sure about this?" Styrka's voice came out as a whisper, full of anxiety. Undae didn't need to look at her to know her brow was furrowed with worry. "Yes." She snorted. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7591242] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/75913/7591242_350.png[/img] [/url] "Yeah sorry," Styrka shuffled her feet in the sand of the shore. "Stupid question." Undae sighed, closing her eyes and bowing her head. "It's okay. I know you're worried." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7837192] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78372/7837192_350.png[/img] [/url] Undae curled her claws into the sand. "The Tidelord has gone silent. I tried listening for answers but I got none. Now I'm going to find them." She looked up, past Styrka, into the freshwater sea, the churning waters of her ancestral home. "There is nothing left for me here." Dawn had only just broken. The trackers were due to arrive at any moment. Undae shivered as the brisk morning air chilled her to the bone. They had agreed to meet on the shore that marked the border between Wind and Water territories. To the west, the Scarred Wasteland loomed, awaiting their arrival with unwavering patience. Now they had only to wait. ((Looks like it's just you and me for this! Sorry for the delay, I had a busy weekend! Just a lil info before we start, Drexin and Zaria were hired by Styrka to track down Tyrsa and Varhul Kharran, who led the Kharran cult about 20 years ago. The Kharran cult was known for kidnapping hatchlings and stealing eggs, but for what purpose, no one knows. They disappeared 20 years ago and the cult dissolved. They're kind of a local legend now in the Wasteland, and are most likely still there in hiding. I'll leave their exact whereabouts up to you!))
@Cerion

"Are you sure about this?" Styrka's voice came out as a whisper, full of anxiety. Undae didn't need to look at her to know her brow was furrowed with worry.
"Yes." She snorted.

7591242_350.png

"Yeah sorry," Styrka shuffled her feet in the sand of the shore. "Stupid question."
Undae sighed, closing her eyes and bowing her head. "It's okay. I know you're worried."

7837192_350.png

Undae curled her claws into the sand. "The Tidelord has gone silent. I tried listening for answers but I got none. Now I'm going to find them." She looked up, past Styrka, into the freshwater sea, the churning waters of her ancestral home. "There is nothing left for me here."
Dawn had only just broken. The trackers were due to arrive at any moment. Undae shivered as the brisk morning air chilled her to the bone. They had agreed to meet on the shore that marked the border between Wind and Water territories. To the west, the Scarred Wasteland loomed, awaiting their arrival with unwavering patience.
Now they had only to wait.

((Looks like it's just you and me for this! Sorry for the delay, I had a busy weekend!
Just a lil info before we start, Drexin and Zaria were hired by Styrka to track down Tyrsa and Varhul Kharran, who led the Kharran cult about 20 years ago. The Kharran cult was known for kidnapping hatchlings and stealing eggs, but for what purpose, no one knows. They disappeared 20 years ago and the cult dissolved. They're kind of a local legend now in the Wasteland, and are most likely still there in hiding. I'll leave their exact whereabouts up to you!))
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
@nanamikiryuu The slight muffled sound of feet on sand could be heard in the distance. Two silhouettes could be made out on the horizon, darkened by the blackness of the dawn, a Mirror and a Wildclaw. As they moved closer to the duo, the dragons could hear them bickering to one another. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41175968] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411760/41175968_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ugh," The Wildclaw grumbled,"How did I get into this mess again? I know you needed someone who knows the land well, but why do I always get dragged into working for the Clan, I'm barely ever there." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12109526] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121096/12109526_350.png[/img] [/url] "Well, I'm forced to do this too, so stop complaining." The Mirror barked back. As the figures got even closer, Undae and Styrka could make out the details of the two strangers. The Wildclaw was of average height and boasted large wings. She has many old scars on her Dark blue hide, almost perfectly blending in with her stripes. The Mirror was clad in a spiky, dark blue armor, adorned with feathers and skulls. A sword by her side, she moved almost silently, her armor making no sound. (I am now subbed to this. And that is ok, I worked today and was busy this weekend too. I have tomorrow off of work. Also, I realized I have the same time zone as you.)
@nanamikiryuu

The slight muffled sound of feet on sand could be heard in the distance. Two silhouettes could be made out on the horizon, darkened by the blackness of the dawn, a Mirror and a Wildclaw. As they moved closer to the duo, the dragons could hear them bickering to one another.

41175968_350.png

"Ugh," The Wildclaw grumbled,"How did I get into this mess again? I know you needed someone who knows the land well, but why do I always get dragged into working for the Clan, I'm barely ever there."

12109526_350.png

"Well, I'm forced to do this too, so stop complaining." The Mirror barked back.

As the figures got even closer, Undae and Styrka could make out the details of the two strangers. The Wildclaw was of average height and boasted large wings. She has many old scars on her Dark blue hide, almost perfectly blending in with her stripes. The Mirror was clad in a spiky, dark blue armor, adorned with feathers and skulls. A sword by her side, she moved almost silently, her armor making no sound.

(I am now subbed to this. And that is ok, I worked today and was busy this weekend too. I have tomorrow off of work. Also, I realized I have the same time zone as you.)
Ef1ONJ1.png
(( I am also subbed!))

Styrka shot Undae a glance as soon as she heard the two approaching strangers bickering, trying to gauge her reaction. However Undae was focused on the mirror whose armor made no sound. She narrowed her eyes at her, giving her a look of recognition, from one warrior to another.
"Uhh, hello good morning!" Styrka shifted nervously, waving at the pair as they came into view. "I'm Styrka! You must be Drexin and Zaria although," She chewed on her clawtips and gave a nervous chuckle. "I'm not sure which of you is which."
Undae gave a snort and abruptly stuck out her unarmored hand, a jerky motion that betrayed her unfamiliarity with it. "Undae." She said curtly. "We're waiting on one more. He'll just be a moment."
(( I am also subbed!))

Styrka shot Undae a glance as soon as she heard the two approaching strangers bickering, trying to gauge her reaction. However Undae was focused on the mirror whose armor made no sound. She narrowed her eyes at her, giving her a look of recognition, from one warrior to another.
"Uhh, hello good morning!" Styrka shifted nervously, waving at the pair as they came into view. "I'm Styrka! You must be Drexin and Zaria although," She chewed on her clawtips and gave a nervous chuckle. "I'm not sure which of you is which."
Undae gave a snort and abruptly stuck out her unarmored hand, a jerky motion that betrayed her unfamiliarity with it. "Undae." She said curtly. "We're waiting on one more. He'll just be a moment."
As the two neared Styrka and Undae, the Mirror slowed a bit ad lowered her head. She soon stopped and sniffed at the air, trying to get a read on the others. Zaria raised a brow at Drexin, giving her odd look.
The Wildclaw stepped forward. "I see Thorn must have told you who we are. Well, that makes the intros a lot easier." She said bluntly, crossing her arms. "If you must know, I am Zaria, and the Mirror over there is Drexin. She's usually doesn't talk much."
Drexin blinked both her sets of eyes. She seemingly relaxed a bit more than before. These two do not mean harm. She walked over to Zaria and stood next to her. "You mentioned another? Where are they?" She frowned.
As the two neared Styrka and Undae, the Mirror slowed a bit ad lowered her head. She soon stopped and sniffed at the air, trying to get a read on the others. Zaria raised a brow at Drexin, giving her odd look.
The Wildclaw stepped forward. "I see Thorn must have told you who we are. Well, that makes the intros a lot easier." She said bluntly, crossing her arms. "If you must know, I am Zaria, and the Mirror over there is Drexin. She's usually doesn't talk much."
Drexin blinked both her sets of eyes. She seemingly relaxed a bit more than before. These two do not mean harm. She walked over to Zaria and stood next to her. "You mentioned another? Where are they?" She frowned.
Ef1ONJ1.png
Undae retracted her arm sharply. [i]Not the friendliest mercenaries I suppose[/i], she grumbled to herself. "Oh yes, Aestas! He's getting some supplies for us!" Styrka chimed in. Undae lifted her snout, gazing off into the horizon. "I see him." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7451586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74516/7451586_350.png[/img] [/url] Aestas landed delicately on the beach besides Styrka. He nodded to her before bowing his head in greeting to Zaria and Drexin. He quickly reached into his bags and retrieved 3 hand-carved ivory amulets. He held two out to the wildclaw and mirror. "They're wards to protect against free-roaming pathogens in the Wasteland," She told them as she took an amulet for herself and slipped it around her neck. "Me and Aestas' design." She puffed out her chest proudly and Aestas gave a bashful look as Undae patted his shoulder. Aestas turned to Undae and patted his bag while giving her a concerned look. Undae merely shook her head. "I don't need one, don't worry." She turned to Zaria and Drexin. "Are you all set?"
Undae retracted her arm sharply. Not the friendliest mercenaries I suppose, she grumbled to herself.
"Oh yes, Aestas! He's getting some supplies for us!" Styrka chimed in.
Undae lifted her snout, gazing off into the horizon. "I see him."

7451586_350.png

Aestas landed delicately on the beach besides Styrka. He nodded to her before bowing his head in greeting to Zaria and Drexin. He quickly reached into his bags and retrieved 3 hand-carved ivory amulets. He held two out to the wildclaw and mirror.
"They're wards to protect against free-roaming pathogens in the Wasteland," She told them as she took an amulet for herself and slipped it around her neck. "Me and Aestas' design." She puffed out her chest proudly and Aestas gave a bashful look as Undae patted his shoulder. Aestas turned to Undae and patted his bag while giving her a concerned look. Undae merely shook her head.
"I don't need one, don't worry." She turned to Zaria and Drexin. "Are you all set?"
Zaria watched as Aestas landed nearby the Coatl. She watched as he pulled out what looked to be two amulets. Upon hearing what they are, Zaria dipped her hear in thanks and took them. She tossed one over to Drexin, who slipped it over their head, while she wrapped it around her upper arm.
Zaria then turned to Aestas . "I wasn't expecting a Skydancer. I take it you're gonna aid us too?" She asked. "The silent one is Drexin, I'm Zaria. You're a Plague dragon, so I assume you know these lands well?"
Zaria then turned to Undae, a serious look in her eyes. "I'm ready to go, I just want to know any information that you are able to provide about the guys we're going after. I want to be as prepared as possibly."

(I need to sleep. go ahead and type a response I will respond when I can.)
Zaria watched as Aestas landed nearby the Coatl. She watched as he pulled out what looked to be two amulets. Upon hearing what they are, Zaria dipped her hear in thanks and took them. She tossed one over to Drexin, who slipped it over their head, while she wrapped it around her upper arm.
Zaria then turned to Aestas . "I wasn't expecting a Skydancer. I take it you're gonna aid us too?" She asked. "The silent one is Drexin, I'm Zaria. You're a Plague dragon, so I assume you know these lands well?"
Zaria then turned to Undae, a serious look in her eyes. "I'm ready to go, I just want to know any information that you are able to provide about the guys we're going after. I want to be as prepared as possibly."

(I need to sleep. go ahead and type a response I will respond when I can.)
Ef1ONJ1.png
Aestas nodded at Zaria's comment. From his bag he pulled out a map that was painstakingly rolled up and handed it to Undae. She opened it up and studied it for a moment before speaking.
"Tyrsa Kharran and Varhul Kharran." Her expression turned sour as she spoke the names. "If you've been in the Wasteland you've probably heard their names. They're almost a legend now, something to scare hatchlings into behaving. They led the Kharran cult but disappeared 22 years ago." Undae grimaced and stopped for a moment before holding up the map for Zaria to see and tapping it with the metal claw of her gauntlet.
"Their original base was here in the Boneyard in a system of caves. I was thinking of checking there first to see if we can find any clues to their current location."
"We know they're still in the Wasteland." Styrka piped up. "But we need your help to find exactly where." Her brow creased with worry and she stole a glance up at Undae. She gently laid a hand on the guardian's shoulder, more to comfort herself than Undae.
Aestas nodded at Zaria's comment. From his bag he pulled out a map that was painstakingly rolled up and handed it to Undae. She opened it up and studied it for a moment before speaking.
"Tyrsa Kharran and Varhul Kharran." Her expression turned sour as she spoke the names. "If you've been in the Wasteland you've probably heard their names. They're almost a legend now, something to scare hatchlings into behaving. They led the Kharran cult but disappeared 22 years ago." Undae grimaced and stopped for a moment before holding up the map for Zaria to see and tapping it with the metal claw of her gauntlet.
"Their original base was here in the Boneyard in a system of caves. I was thinking of checking there first to see if we can find any clues to their current location."
"We know they're still in the Wasteland." Styrka piped up. "But we need your help to find exactly where." Her brow creased with worry and she stole a glance up at Undae. She gently laid a hand on the guardian's shoulder, more to comfort herself than Undae.
Zaria's pupils narrowed to slits at the mention of the names, a serious look had grown on her face. She knew those names and knew them well. She leaned in, looking over the map and studied where the Guardian was pointing too. Drexin walked a it closer, to get a look at where they where going.

"That sounds like the best way to start. Scout around, see if we can find anything while there and possibly near the site, too." Zaria stood back up straight. "Well, now I'm happy to help," a toothy grin form on the Wildclaw as she spoke. "I have some unfinished business with them." She cleared her throat. "Erm. It's more of a revenge thing than anything..... for me."
Zaria's pupils narrowed to slits at the mention of the names, a serious look had grown on her face. She knew those names and knew them well. She leaned in, looking over the map and studied where the Guardian was pointing too. Drexin walked a it closer, to get a look at where they where going.

"That sounds like the best way to start. Scout around, see if we can find anything while there and possibly near the site, too." Zaria stood back up straight. "Well, now I'm happy to help," a toothy grin form on the Wildclaw as she spoke. "I have some unfinished business with them." She cleared her throat. "Erm. It's more of a revenge thing than anything..... for me."
Ef1ONJ1.png
Undae's eyes widened at Zaria's words and she and Styrka exchanged a look. Undae rolled up the map without another word and handed it back to Aestas, who was giving her the same concerned stare as Styrka.
"When we find them you'll receive your payment." Undae continued, flexing her claws in agitation. "You will do nothing and say nothing afterwards. Do you understand?" Undae eyed Zaria with grave authority. Next to her, Styrka and Aestas looked at each other.
How are they involved? Styrka thought at him. Aestas merely shook his head at her. He didn't know any more than she did.
Undae's eyes widened at Zaria's words and she and Styrka exchanged a look. Undae rolled up the map without another word and handed it back to Aestas, who was giving her the same concerned stare as Styrka.
"When we find them you'll receive your payment." Undae continued, flexing her claws in agitation. "You will do nothing and say nothing afterwards. Do you understand?" Undae eyed Zaria with grave authority. Next to her, Styrka and Aestas looked at each other.
How are they involved? Styrka thought at him. Aestas merely shook his head at her. He didn't know any more than she did.
Drexin had a sort of confused look on her face. She had no idea Zaria knew who those dragons were. She noted the concerned faces on the other dragons. Not wanting to get dragged into whatever Zaria's antics were, she spoke up. "If it eases you, I do not even know who those two characters are, and neither do our clan." She said with a gravely voice.

Zaria huffed. "Like I said, for me. Also, we got a deal. I deal with this sort of work a lot, so I know the rules. 'Hush up and move on,' is what I was always told. Anyway, we should get going soon, Plague is not a very pretty sight for most dragons. Not one of my favorite places, either."

She unfolded her arms and looked to the horizon to the border of Wind, Water, and Plague. The tendrils of constant growth from the lands could be seen easier now as the sun climbed higher into the sky.
Drexin had a sort of confused look on her face. She had no idea Zaria knew who those dragons were. She noted the concerned faces on the other dragons. Not wanting to get dragged into whatever Zaria's antics were, she spoke up. "If it eases you, I do not even know who those two characters are, and neither do our clan." She said with a gravely voice.

Zaria huffed. "Like I said, for me. Also, we got a deal. I deal with this sort of work a lot, so I know the rules. 'Hush up and move on,' is what I was always told. Anyway, we should get going soon, Plague is not a very pretty sight for most dragons. Not one of my favorite places, either."

She unfolded her arms and looked to the horizon to the border of Wind, Water, and Plague. The tendrils of constant growth from the lands could be seen easier now as the sun climbed higher into the sky.
Ef1ONJ1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7