Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Closed RP] Stories of Yonder: IC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50
@snoopsnip

Ranceto hummed in solace at Nicholas' description as they entered the rotunda. He set a hand on his shoulder and nodded his head.
"Sounds like you've been through a lot friend, we here in Yonder might not be anything special but we are here to help however way we can."
He flicked his head towards the bright room ahead of them and strolled into the sunbeams.

All around the room 11 dragons sat on podiums circling the rotunda. Busts of their deities hung above each marble podium as the dragons fulled the room with chatter. Monsoon crashed through the two and ran to his podium, the visage of the Windsinger held up bamboo reeds carved with intricate patterns.

A coatl shuffled papers on his podium, the bust of the Stormcatcher lingered over him as it held a sparkling sprocket in his screaming maw.
@snoopsnip

Ranceto hummed in solace at Nicholas' description as they entered the rotunda. He set a hand on his shoulder and nodded his head.
"Sounds like you've been through a lot friend, we here in Yonder might not be anything special but we are here to help however way we can."
He flicked his head towards the bright room ahead of them and strolled into the sunbeams.

All around the room 11 dragons sat on podiums circling the rotunda. Busts of their deities hung above each marble podium as the dragons fulled the room with chatter. Monsoon crashed through the two and ran to his podium, the visage of the Windsinger held up bamboo reeds carved with intricate patterns.

A coatl shuffled papers on his podium, the bust of the Stormcatcher lingered over him as it held a sparkling sprocket in his screaming maw.
@Strawberrium

Nicholas is won over by the sincerity of Ranceto's voice. He feels as though some of the massive weight that has been suffocating him has been shifted. 'Although,' he reminds himself with a mental chuckle, 'you're the reason you keep your burden to yourself. You have good friends, who are your family, in the people you lead. You are safe.'

The Imperial is approached with an aura of power as he follows the Ridgeback into the back chamber. "What is this room, Lord Ranceto?" He hears himself ask before he can remember his manners from royal upbringing. It's another sweet memory that he is still young compared to many.

@colm

Elmendion journeys around the festival. They don't usually participate in the Dragon celebrations. It's a new experience for him, and he's nearly overwhelmed with joy. Whenever he isn't eating, dancing, or participating in the cheer he's writing and sketching as all that he can in his journals. He's collecting trinkets for his friends at home. Although...he notices...it's not the same to be experiencing this wonderful event while alone.
@Strawberrium

Nicholas is won over by the sincerity of Ranceto's voice. He feels as though some of the massive weight that has been suffocating him has been shifted. 'Although,' he reminds himself with a mental chuckle, 'you're the reason you keep your burden to yourself. You have good friends, who are your family, in the people you lead. You are safe.'

The Imperial is approached with an aura of power as he follows the Ridgeback into the back chamber. "What is this room, Lord Ranceto?" He hears himself ask before he can remember his manners from royal upbringing. It's another sweet memory that he is still young compared to many.

@colm

Elmendion journeys around the festival. They don't usually participate in the Dragon celebrations. It's a new experience for him, and he's nearly overwhelmed with joy. Whenever he isn't eating, dancing, or participating in the cheer he's writing and sketching as all that he can in his journals. He's collecting trinkets for his friends at home. Although...he notices...it's not the same to be experiencing this wonderful event while alone.

FR +3
She|Her
hai_by_pommeple-d8ddymp.png
@snoopsnip

Ranceto stepped to a bronze plaque set at the center of the room depicting an elegant compass with a jade border. He spun around to Nicholas and smiled wide as he pulled out a wind-up key from his pocket.
"This is the Rotunda, where the state of Yonder gets discussed among myself as the current standing mayor and the 11 representatives from each flight to give our citizens the best possible accommodations!"

Ranceto plunged the key into the middle dial of the compass and after a series of echoing clicks, pieces of the plaque began to rise into a half-circular desk engraved with the map of the entire town. He stood at the very center and tapped his claws onto the metal table, drawing the attention of the surrounding 11 dragons who slowly reigned in their chatter towards Ranceto in the middle.
Benches rose up from the ground around them and encircled the rotunda, all mimicking the steppes of the plateau.

"Now then! Make youself comfortable anywhere you'd like! Let us begin with introductions, this is Prince Nicholas representing his kingdom of the Icarian Seas located between the regions of Water and Light."

A golden winged imperial rose his head from the book he had buried himself in and leaned out from his podium, stroking his beard.
@snoopsnip

Ranceto stepped to a bronze plaque set at the center of the room depicting an elegant compass with a jade border. He spun around to Nicholas and smiled wide as he pulled out a wind-up key from his pocket.
"This is the Rotunda, where the state of Yonder gets discussed among myself as the current standing mayor and the 11 representatives from each flight to give our citizens the best possible accommodations!"

Ranceto plunged the key into the middle dial of the compass and after a series of echoing clicks, pieces of the plaque began to rise into a half-circular desk engraved with the map of the entire town. He stood at the very center and tapped his claws onto the metal table, drawing the attention of the surrounding 11 dragons who slowly reigned in their chatter towards Ranceto in the middle.
Benches rose up from the ground around them and encircled the rotunda, all mimicking the steppes of the plateau.

"Now then! Make youself comfortable anywhere you'd like! Let us begin with introductions, this is Prince Nicholas representing his kingdom of the Icarian Seas located between the regions of Water and Light."

A golden winged imperial rose his head from the book he had buried himself in and leaned out from his podium, stroking his beard.
@Snoopsnip

Cypress booming laugh can be heard from down a block. A tundra settles next to her, clearing embarrassed by her acts. "Please," the tundra begged. "You must stop drinking the honey." He looks around. "You are putting a bad example into our glade." He sighs.
"Whatyda mean, child?" She swings her tail. "It is Gladekeeper's holiday! We do come from her, why not celebrate?" She nudges him, and he stumbles back.
@Snoopsnip

Cypress booming laugh can be heard from down a block. A tundra settles next to her, clearing embarrassed by her acts. "Please," the tundra begged. "You must stop drinking the honey." He looks around. "You are putting a bad example into our glade." He sighs.
"Whatyda mean, child?" She swings her tail. "It is Gladekeeper's holiday! We do come from her, why not celebrate?" She nudges him, and he stumbles back.
PJgrBLH.png
@Strawberrium

Nicholas doesn't allow himself to feel intimidated by the surrounding council. If anything, Nicholas feels at home and like a child again. He has fond memories of when he was a young child, back when he was still human and when his father was a good King. He pushes these aside. Now is not the time to reminisce.
"Lord Ranceto," Nicholas speaks quietly to the Ridgeback, "had I known you were needed to council I could easily have waited." He then addresses the floor. "Good friends," he begins, "I must thank you for your sincere hospitality. You welcomed and cared for our dear Elmendion when he was so lost. I must also thank you for the help you have offered to our people. For many years we have been searching for even a sliver a hope. You have brought that to us after it was thought to be forever lost. For this, I cannot express how deep my gratitude is."
The Imperial bows low to the room. His head presses to the floor as he humbles himself in a display of utmost respect to the creatures around him. He feels overwhelmed with emotions of joy, hope, and largely relief. He feels as though finally he can breathe again.

@colm

The Skydancer isn't one to frequently partake in alcohol. While he serves some of the finest spirits in his tavern, he's never been one to enjoy their taste in particular. He just enjoys the way they seem to lift up others after a long and heavy day. Elmendion hears the rumble of a Snapper's laugh above the din of the festival and turns to see Cypress with a familiar tundra. He can't explain how his entire being seems to light up. It's Fern.
@Strawberrium

Nicholas doesn't allow himself to feel intimidated by the surrounding council. If anything, Nicholas feels at home and like a child again. He has fond memories of when he was a young child, back when he was still human and when his father was a good King. He pushes these aside. Now is not the time to reminisce.
"Lord Ranceto," Nicholas speaks quietly to the Ridgeback, "had I known you were needed to council I could easily have waited." He then addresses the floor. "Good friends," he begins, "I must thank you for your sincere hospitality. You welcomed and cared for our dear Elmendion when he was so lost. I must also thank you for the help you have offered to our people. For many years we have been searching for even a sliver a hope. You have brought that to us after it was thought to be forever lost. For this, I cannot express how deep my gratitude is."
The Imperial bows low to the room. His head presses to the floor as he humbles himself in a display of utmost respect to the creatures around him. He feels overwhelmed with emotions of joy, hope, and largely relief. He feels as though finally he can breathe again.

@colm

The Skydancer isn't one to frequently partake in alcohol. While he serves some of the finest spirits in his tavern, he's never been one to enjoy their taste in particular. He just enjoys the way they seem to lift up others after a long and heavy day. Elmendion hears the rumble of a Snapper's laugh above the din of the festival and turns to see Cypress with a familiar tundra. He can't explain how his entire being seems to light up. It's Fern.

FR +3
She|Her
@snoopsnip

Fern sighs, and tries to grab the jar from her. Cypress snaps at him. "I am merely 343 years old! Let me have my fun, child." She continues to laugh. Fern looks defeated and turns. He scratches his head. Why is she like this? I should've brought Meadow, he thought miserably. "I am going to take a walk, Snapper. I will be back in a few."
This was partially true, yes he would be going on walk. But he was going to find something for the glade. He smiled brightly as he thought of more flowers. Oh! and lanterns. He adored the floating objects. He picked up the pace.
@snoopsnip

Fern sighs, and tries to grab the jar from her. Cypress snaps at him. "I am merely 343 years old! Let me have my fun, child." She continues to laugh. Fern looks defeated and turns. He scratches his head. Why is she like this? I should've brought Meadow, he thought miserably. "I am going to take a walk, Snapper. I will be back in a few."
This was partially true, yes he would be going on walk. But he was going to find something for the glade. He smiled brightly as he thought of more flowers. Oh! and lanterns. He adored the floating objects. He picked up the pace.
PJgrBLH.png
@snoopsnip

Ranceto laughed and shrugged, bringing his reading glasses up to his face to read the papers the hurricane herald delivered onto his table.
"It wouldn't be fair to council without hearing your voice added into the discussion as well! Besides we love having guests, figured I give you the introduction!"

A pale wildclaw obscured by a thick red mane and an ornately carved skull mask tapped her claws against the podium and leaned forward.
"My sister Delia tells us she has been of service to your friend. I am glad we could provide assistance to you and your people. As the representative of the Plague I wish you good strength"

Ranceto nodded to her and shuffled through the papers on his desk, pulling out a map of Sornieth from the pile and pointing to the location of Yonder.
"Our current trade routes already extend past the Sea of a Thousand Currents into Light territory. Should you need any goods we would be happy to send caravans your way."

An inky black scaled bognseak rose up and flicked his tongue. His voice reverberated through the room and felt just as deep as the sea.
"With the disappearance of the Tidelord and the coming shortage of sages from our realm I am humbled to serve as oracle along with my students should you seek council outside of the Rotunda. As representative of Water I gladly lend you my clairvoyance."
@snoopsnip

Ranceto laughed and shrugged, bringing his reading glasses up to his face to read the papers the hurricane herald delivered onto his table.
"It wouldn't be fair to council without hearing your voice added into the discussion as well! Besides we love having guests, figured I give you the introduction!"

A pale wildclaw obscured by a thick red mane and an ornately carved skull mask tapped her claws against the podium and leaned forward.
"My sister Delia tells us she has been of service to your friend. I am glad we could provide assistance to you and your people. As the representative of the Plague I wish you good strength"

Ranceto nodded to her and shuffled through the papers on his desk, pulling out a map of Sornieth from the pile and pointing to the location of Yonder.
"Our current trade routes already extend past the Sea of a Thousand Currents into Light territory. Should you need any goods we would be happy to send caravans your way."

An inky black scaled bognseak rose up and flicked his tongue. His voice reverberated through the room and felt just as deep as the sea.
"With the disappearance of the Tidelord and the coming shortage of sages from our realm I am humbled to serve as oracle along with my students should you seek council outside of the Rotunda. As representative of Water I gladly lend you my clairvoyance."
@Strawberrium

Nicholas listens as the conversation flows around him.
"I have not thanked your sister personally," he replies first to the Wildclaw from Plague, "I planned to do so during my stay here in Yonder. I hear and receive your wishes with a humble heart." The Imperial smiles kindly. He ends with a respectful nod of his head to the council before continuing.

"Our trade has been poor since...," he falters. "We have a few alliances. It's been especially hard to know who to trust with the truth about my kingdom. I've lost so many of my people to clans who have betrayed my word as soon as they learned about our humanity. I've seen my people killed for sport, and I will not tolerate it longer." A heavy smoke grows in the room as Nicholas' unseen wounds weep. Ash billows from his nostrils in a heavy breath. "I have had to make the hard decision to conceal my kingdom from the rest of the world in order to protect my people. I have watched the results of famine, sickness, and mad isolation. I have had to live with their memories and the powerlessness I face each waking morning. If a soul in this room or in your beloved town brings harm to one of my family then you will. SUFFER. MY. WRATH."

The Imperial's voice echoes along the brass. The foundations shake and the room is dim with smoke. Nicholas calms himself. He allowed his mind to be clouded. "Forgive me, all of you," he speaks, once again calm and gentle as he sits on his crooked haunches. "I allowed myself to become emotionally compromised."

He gives himself several more moments of silence, just breathing in and out slowly as the room grows less hazy. Once stable, he addresses the Bogsneak. "Good sir, I thank you," Nicholas praises. "Our Icarian caves are very rich with metals and ores. Bountiful with miscellaneous sea minerals as well, we would be happy to begin trade with Yonder."

@colm

Elmendion intercepts the Tundra, absolutely glowing with good cheer. "Fern!" He calls out as he approaches. "Milord, I had the pleasure of meeting Cypress. Although she mentioned that your paws were sore from your journey. Are you sure you're alright up and walking like this? You should be resting if you're in discomfort." The Skydancer fusses as they fall into step together. "Oh!" Elmendion suddenly exclaims. "I nearly forgot, this is for you." Elmendion reaches into his satchel and retrieves a jade necklace. The gemstone glows dimly with a soft shine of Glade Magic. "As a thank you, for the hibiscus."
@Strawberrium

Nicholas listens as the conversation flows around him.
"I have not thanked your sister personally," he replies first to the Wildclaw from Plague, "I planned to do so during my stay here in Yonder. I hear and receive your wishes with a humble heart." The Imperial smiles kindly. He ends with a respectful nod of his head to the council before continuing.

"Our trade has been poor since...," he falters. "We have a few alliances. It's been especially hard to know who to trust with the truth about my kingdom. I've lost so many of my people to clans who have betrayed my word as soon as they learned about our humanity. I've seen my people killed for sport, and I will not tolerate it longer." A heavy smoke grows in the room as Nicholas' unseen wounds weep. Ash billows from his nostrils in a heavy breath. "I have had to make the hard decision to conceal my kingdom from the rest of the world in order to protect my people. I have watched the results of famine, sickness, and mad isolation. I have had to live with their memories and the powerlessness I face each waking morning. If a soul in this room or in your beloved town brings harm to one of my family then you will. SUFFER. MY. WRATH."

The Imperial's voice echoes along the brass. The foundations shake and the room is dim with smoke. Nicholas calms himself. He allowed his mind to be clouded. "Forgive me, all of you," he speaks, once again calm and gentle as he sits on his crooked haunches. "I allowed myself to become emotionally compromised."

He gives himself several more moments of silence, just breathing in and out slowly as the room grows less hazy. Once stable, he addresses the Bogsneak. "Good sir, I thank you," Nicholas praises. "Our Icarian caves are very rich with metals and ores. Bountiful with miscellaneous sea minerals as well, we would be happy to begin trade with Yonder."

@colm

Elmendion intercepts the Tundra, absolutely glowing with good cheer. "Fern!" He calls out as he approaches. "Milord, I had the pleasure of meeting Cypress. Although she mentioned that your paws were sore from your journey. Are you sure you're alright up and walking like this? You should be resting if you're in discomfort." The Skydancer fusses as they fall into step together. "Oh!" Elmendion suddenly exclaims. "I nearly forgot, this is for you." Elmendion reaches into his satchel and retrieves a jade necklace. The gemstone glows dimly with a soft shine of Glade Magic. "As a thank you, for the hibiscus."

FR +3
She|Her
@Snoopsnip

He stumbles back then lowers his head. "I am sorry, Skydancer." He murmurs. "I know you are a friend, but I do not recall your names or any memories. I am truly sorry." He sits back on his haunches. "I also apologize for Cypress's manners." He looks away. This! He thought quickly, he feels so familiar. It's like the void in his stomach is lifted. Perhaps this Skydancer was it? Fern shooks his head to rid of faint memories.
@Snoopsnip

He stumbles back then lowers his head. "I am sorry, Skydancer." He murmurs. "I know you are a friend, but I do not recall your names or any memories. I am truly sorry." He sits back on his haunches. "I also apologize for Cypress's manners." He looks away. This! He thought quickly, he feels so familiar. It's like the void in his stomach is lifted. Perhaps this Skydancer was it? Fern shooks his head to rid of faint memories.
PJgrBLH.png
@snoopsnip
The 11 dragons recoiled for a moment, only to murmur amongst themselves before a quick snap of Ranceto's fingers brought them all to attntion. His eyes shifted from the default carefree whizzing attention to those of serious and heartfelt sincerity. Ranceto cleared his throat and looked towards Nicholas. He removed his glasses and extended his hand to the imperial.

"I can assure you Prince Nicholas. We are a city built by and for the people all seeking peace in the turmoil around us. You are not alone, you have friends here all willing to assist on your terms. We concern ourselves with order and mutual prosperity, as is the way life should be."
The 11 council members nodded in unison and scrawled onto their scrolls

"Our caravans will recieve the updated routes in a weeks time. They will be ordered to take hidden paths as to ensure the safety if your kingdom along with paths that you know of that will mutually benefit the security of both our cities."
Ranceto signed a scroll in front of him and pulled out a well of ink from a small shelf along with a rubber stamp with his free hand..

"We here in Yonder have a wide array of skilled artisans should you seek their needs"
@snoopsnip
The 11 dragons recoiled for a moment, only to murmur amongst themselves before a quick snap of Ranceto's fingers brought them all to attntion. His eyes shifted from the default carefree whizzing attention to those of serious and heartfelt sincerity. Ranceto cleared his throat and looked towards Nicholas. He removed his glasses and extended his hand to the imperial.

"I can assure you Prince Nicholas. We are a city built by and for the people all seeking peace in the turmoil around us. You are not alone, you have friends here all willing to assist on your terms. We concern ourselves with order and mutual prosperity, as is the way life should be."
The 11 council members nodded in unison and scrawled onto their scrolls

"Our caravans will recieve the updated routes in a weeks time. They will be ordered to take hidden paths as to ensure the safety if your kingdom along with paths that you know of that will mutually benefit the security of both our cities."
Ranceto signed a scroll in front of him and pulled out a well of ink from a small shelf along with a rubber stamp with his free hand..

"We here in Yonder have a wide array of skilled artisans should you seek their needs"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50