Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (1x1) Wendigo Psychosis
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 64 65
Iratha nodded, wondering briefly if the beast would be lurking in the mine itself or in the refinery. The mine would be a dangerous place, and a risky excursion. Climbin equipment or no, there was always the risk of a cave in or a pocket of deadly gas. They were ill-prepared to meet their foe in such a place.

"Maybe tomorrow," she said slowly. "We can have a look Best to check above ground before going underneath."
Iratha nodded, wondering briefly if the beast would be lurking in the mine itself or in the refinery. The mine would be a dangerous place, and a risky excursion. Climbin equipment or no, there was always the risk of a cave in or a pocket of deadly gas. They were ill-prepared to meet their foe in such a place.

"Maybe tomorrow," she said slowly. "We can have a look Best to check above ground before going underneath."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Yes that sounds good. But we need to go back."

She started back down the trail.

They passed the body of the pearlcatcher leaving him undisturbed.

They made it to the main trail now. It was roughly an hour until dark. Flame stopped.

"Misery would you come here?"
"Yes that sounds good. But we need to go back."

She started back down the trail.

They passed the body of the pearlcatcher leaving him undisturbed.

They made it to the main trail now. It was roughly an hour until dark. Flame stopped.

"Misery would you come here?"
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The ridgeback stepped forward, head swinging low to be level with hers. She didn't speak, assuming it unnecessary, and simply waited for Flame to say something. The others hung back slightly, surveying the land around the main trail.
The ridgeback stepped forward, head swinging low to be level with hers. She didn't speak, assuming it unnecessary, and simply waited for Flame to say something. The others hung back slightly, surveying the land around the main trail.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Something has been bothering me since we passed the body. now take a look at the trail and tell me if something strikes you as off?"

There were two sets of medium sized footprints, As well as three sets of large footprints.
"Something has been bothering me since we passed the body. now take a look at the trail and tell me if something strikes you as off?"

There were two sets of medium sized footprints, As well as three sets of large footprints.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Misery paused for a moment, staring at their footprints in the snow. She clearly saw Flame and Rohn's, the only smaller dragons in the group. Iratha's were deep, caused by her heavy armor, and Misery herself had very distinct ones.

But something caused her spines to stand on end, and she immediately brought her front legs off the ground in shock. "Flame," she slurred. "There are only four of us . . ."

And the footprints were heading in the same direction that they had gone, with no sign of whatever had left them turning around. Her eyes turned to the setting sun.

"We need to move."
Misery paused for a moment, staring at their footprints in the snow. She clearly saw Flame and Rohn's, the only smaller dragons in the group. Iratha's were deep, caused by her heavy armor, and Misery herself had very distinct ones.

But something caused her spines to stand on end, and she immediately brought her front legs off the ground in shock. "Flame," she slurred. "There are only four of us . . ."

And the footprints were heading in the same direction that they had gone, with no sign of whatever had left them turning around. Her eyes turned to the setting sun.

"We need to move."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Keep your guard up. The same goes for the rest of you. We need to get back."

She swiftly turned and made down the trail at a brisk pace.

They had made it back just in time. Flame rushed them down to the basement. Get inside be quiet unless necessary. Oh and a do you want to spend the night in the vault tonight Rohn?
"Keep your guard up. The same goes for the rest of you. We need to get back."

She swiftly turned and made down the trail at a brisk pace.

They had made it back just in time. Flame rushed them down to the basement. Get inside be quiet unless necessary. Oh and a do you want to spend the night in the vault tonight Rohn?
Rohn smiled shakily. "I don't know how you do it ma'am," he said. "I didn't sleep a wink in there. Think I'll feel safer behind the big door tonight." He and Misery were quick to make their way inside, peering into the rows of tired faces inside.

Iratha was running her claws over the crack in the vault's wheel thoughtfully. "This isn't going to stand up to much more abuse," she murmured. The wheel had been hard to turn that morning, and the claw marks in the door were deeper. With that thing scratching at the door all night, the townsfolk were in danger of becoming stuck inside if the beast managed to further damage it.

She turned to Flame. "I won't fit in the vents, but I fear that they could be trapped in there if that thing gets at the door again," she said. "Are there any other fortified places in the area? I might be able to keep its attention for one night, but if it spends all night scratching at the door . . ."
Rohn smiled shakily. "I don't know how you do it ma'am," he said. "I didn't sleep a wink in there. Think I'll feel safer behind the big door tonight." He and Misery were quick to make their way inside, peering into the rows of tired faces inside.

Iratha was running her claws over the crack in the vault's wheel thoughtfully. "This isn't going to stand up to much more abuse," she murmured. The wheel had been hard to turn that morning, and the claw marks in the door were deeper. With that thing scratching at the door all night, the townsfolk were in danger of becoming stuck inside if the beast managed to further damage it.

She turned to Flame. "I won't fit in the vents, but I fear that they could be trapped in there if that thing gets at the door again," she said. "Are there any other fortified places in the area? I might be able to keep its attention for one night, but if it spends all night scratching at the door . . ."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.

"Irtha. The only place anywhere near as safe as this vault is in the old oar refinery. I've scouted it out, its an old Boiler located in the subbasement of the refinery. The only problem is that it would take at least an hour for you to get there. and maybe even two hours to get into it and seal yourself inside. That's three hours too many if you want to stay alive over the night. So unless you want to be minced meat, I suggest you get in the vault. Maybe tomorrow you can spend the night somewhere else. And really to only way to distract that thing is to let it tear wholes in you."

"Irtha. The only place anywhere near as safe as this vault is in the old oar refinery. I've scouted it out, its an old Boiler located in the subbasement of the refinery. The only problem is that it would take at least an hour for you to get there. and maybe even two hours to get into it and seal yourself inside. That's three hours too many if you want to stay alive over the night. So unless you want to be minced meat, I suggest you get in the vault. Maybe tomorrow you can spend the night somewhere else. And really to only way to distract that thing is to let it tear wholes in you."
((Whoops, could have sworn I typed out a reply to this. Not sure what happened there, sorry.))

The guardian grit her teeth, but nodded. "Very well," she said. "I'll have a look at it tomorrow, since we were going to be in the area." She strode into the vault to take her place in front of the door.

Misery and Rohn were already inside, curled up in the corner. The skydancer looked up at her with a wry grin. "Maybe you could try not to make it angry this time, boss." he suggested.

Misery stifled a chuckle as Rohn was forced to dodge the paladin's tail.
((Whoops, could have sworn I typed out a reply to this. Not sure what happened there, sorry.))

The guardian grit her teeth, but nodded. "Very well," she said. "I'll have a look at it tomorrow, since we were going to be in the area." She strode into the vault to take her place in front of the door.

Misery and Rohn were already inside, curled up in the corner. The skydancer looked up at her with a wry grin. "Maybe you could try not to make it angry this time, boss." he suggested.

Misery stifled a chuckle as Rohn was forced to dodge the paladin's tail.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
Flame shut the vault door. The residents settled down and the Pearlcatcher from before nestled against Misery. Every thing was quiet for the first few hours no sounds came from the vault door.

Around three in the morning the screaming started. It was almost surreal how loud it was. The worse thing was was that it wasn't one voice. It was dozens of individual voices, all were unique. One was a distorted "There are only four of us" While others were begging for mercy. Others wailed like they were slowly being torn apart. It was like they were taking turns, never talking or screaming over another.
Flame shut the vault door. The residents settled down and the Pearlcatcher from before nestled against Misery. Every thing was quiet for the first few hours no sounds came from the vault door.

Around three in the morning the screaming started. It was almost surreal how loud it was. The worse thing was was that it wasn't one voice. It was dozens of individual voices, all were unique. One was a distorted "There are only four of us" While others were begging for mercy. Others wailed like they were slowly being torn apart. It was like they were taking turns, never talking or screaming over another.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 64 65