Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A dragon's war cry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Kit snapped once regaining the prisoner's attention she first pointed to him then the ground. 'Stay' She then held up her sword and cleaved a near by log in two. 'Or else'. She stood and his lungs inflated fully, he held his hands up and pulled himself into a sitting position making no other moves. She then turned and stalked off leaving Adelhelm almost wishing for her immediate return. The man across from him was nice but in a way that made his stomach churn, he seemed off, almost wicked. He was not to be trifled with, nor trusted beyond throwing distance. "I was brought here against my will with a fleet of men hoping to bring their ways to this place weather you want it or not." He glanced at the dragon warily, "these creatures can coexist with men? How?"

Kit scrambled along listening to the frightened grunts and squawks, she found an injured dragon lapping at the stump where it- no her, where her second leg should have been. Kit scooped up a discarded fish and approached slowly having sheathed her sword upon seeing the creature. "Hey girl, now don't spook I don't wanna hurt you." The nadder turned and growled but accepted the fish offered anyway and nuzzled the girl's chest while searching for more food. "We're good? Good. Now let me take a look at that leg." She went around the downed dragon and looked at the stump.

It looked like the dragon had cauterized the flesh already, smart move, but experience said that was still hurting more than the dragon was letting on. Thankfully this was an area she was an expert in. Kit pulled a small pouch of herbs and berries from her pouch. After turning them into a paste she gently smeared it over the wound and a fish she'd retrieved from the smashed ships. Now she needed a means of getting the dragon to stand, her mind went to Hiccup and Gobber. All she deeded was rope, and a tree branch of adequate size. She set to work finding what she'd need, managing to calm the other missing two nadders along the way both of whom had sustained damage to their wings and were unable to fly.
Kit snapped once regaining the prisoner's attention she first pointed to him then the ground. 'Stay' She then held up her sword and cleaved a near by log in two. 'Or else'. She stood and his lungs inflated fully, he held his hands up and pulled himself into a sitting position making no other moves. She then turned and stalked off leaving Adelhelm almost wishing for her immediate return. The man across from him was nice but in a way that made his stomach churn, he seemed off, almost wicked. He was not to be trifled with, nor trusted beyond throwing distance. "I was brought here against my will with a fleet of men hoping to bring their ways to this place weather you want it or not." He glanced at the dragon warily, "these creatures can coexist with men? How?"

Kit scrambled along listening to the frightened grunts and squawks, she found an injured dragon lapping at the stump where it- no her, where her second leg should have been. Kit scooped up a discarded fish and approached slowly having sheathed her sword upon seeing the creature. "Hey girl, now don't spook I don't wanna hurt you." The nadder turned and growled but accepted the fish offered anyway and nuzzled the girl's chest while searching for more food. "We're good? Good. Now let me take a look at that leg." She went around the downed dragon and looked at the stump.

It looked like the dragon had cauterized the flesh already, smart move, but experience said that was still hurting more than the dragon was letting on. Thankfully this was an area she was an expert in. Kit pulled a small pouch of herbs and berries from her pouch. After turning them into a paste she gently smeared it over the wound and a fish she'd retrieved from the smashed ships. Now she needed a means of getting the dragon to stand, her mind went to Hiccup and Gobber. All she deeded was rope, and a tree branch of adequate size. She set to work finding what she'd need, managing to calm the other missing two nadders along the way both of whom had sustained damage to their wings and were unable to fly.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Storm Surge was pleased that Kit had managed to find the other dragons and tend to their wounds. It would take some time, but they would recover with time. That, in turn allowed her to watch Ryu interrogate the man from the sky. If he hurt her rider, he would not be able to return to the land he came from with the injuries she would give him.

The human nodded slightly, though his smile stayed. “Ah, yes. I am well aware of the culture and God of the people who sent you here. Fortunately for you, I am a bit more open minded than most when it comes to that sort of thing..” He didn’t exactly believe too deeply that there was some higher power controlling everything, but he did find it helped to understand the thought process of others. If anything, religion made for a great story, especially when there were multiple gods.

He then stood, thinking that he wouldn’t try anything with his dragon in the skies above and the weapons at his disposal. “As for the dragons, I suppose you could say that. One tribe began taming them around a decade ago, and it kind of spread after that. The one with blue markings and myself have been companions for my entire life. and have travelled quite far, as you might be able to tell.” The teen then paused slightly and shook his head, stroking his chin. “I apologize, as I am getting off topic. Long story short, most dragons will not harm you unless you attack first, and I suppose you did just that when they approached the smell of fish. That is understandable given that you are rather new to the region, though my human friend and I will be taking you with us when we leave this place. We’ll be able to talk more when we reach our next destination. You will be treated well, though expect more questioning from me. I doubt anyone here could speak in this tongue, and I do not wish to ask anything too important just yet..” A light laugh then escaped his lips at some hidden joke that he was aware of.
Storm Surge was pleased that Kit had managed to find the other dragons and tend to their wounds. It would take some time, but they would recover with time. That, in turn allowed her to watch Ryu interrogate the man from the sky. If he hurt her rider, he would not be able to return to the land he came from with the injuries she would give him.

The human nodded slightly, though his smile stayed. “Ah, yes. I am well aware of the culture and God of the people who sent you here. Fortunately for you, I am a bit more open minded than most when it comes to that sort of thing..” He didn’t exactly believe too deeply that there was some higher power controlling everything, but he did find it helped to understand the thought process of others. If anything, religion made for a great story, especially when there were multiple gods.

He then stood, thinking that he wouldn’t try anything with his dragon in the skies above and the weapons at his disposal. “As for the dragons, I suppose you could say that. One tribe began taming them around a decade ago, and it kind of spread after that. The one with blue markings and myself have been companions for my entire life. and have travelled quite far, as you might be able to tell.” The teen then paused slightly and shook his head, stroking his chin. “I apologize, as I am getting off topic. Long story short, most dragons will not harm you unless you attack first, and I suppose you did just that when they approached the smell of fish. That is understandable given that you are rather new to the region, though my human friend and I will be taking you with us when we leave this place. We’ll be able to talk more when we reach our next destination. You will be treated well, though expect more questioning from me. I doubt anyone here could speak in this tongue, and I do not wish to ask anything too important just yet..” A light laugh then escaped his lips at some hidden joke that he was aware of.
He wrinkled his nose, "that is no god of mine. That is but a fiction forced upon my people by invaders." The venom in his voice was practically tangible, but he settled down fairly quickly. "I didn't want to come here, or fight, or kill, or attempt to force your people into believing this or that. I have no rights or freedom, I'm a slave. I wasn't even a soldier prior to this I ran a bakery with my parents!" He looked bewildered and confused, but he mostly just looked lost.

Kit in the mean time had splinted the male's broken wing and carefully stitched up the second females torn wing, along with several other injuries she'd sustained. The auburn haired girl had then set to work making a leg for the first nadder. She hacked down a tree branch of roughly the right shape and size and smoothed it with a flat rock. Cinching it systematically to the nadder's leg so she could stand upright again, and while she didn't like the feel of her leg being constricted she seemed grateful. Kit patted her nose and swung herself up onto the dragon's back encouraging her to take a few tentative steps while ordering the others to stay put. When the leg held up and the dragon could walk the viking pointed her in the right direction aware that it would take a while before the dragon got entirely used to it.
He wrinkled his nose, "that is no god of mine. That is but a fiction forced upon my people by invaders." The venom in his voice was practically tangible, but he settled down fairly quickly. "I didn't want to come here, or fight, or kill, or attempt to force your people into believing this or that. I have no rights or freedom, I'm a slave. I wasn't even a soldier prior to this I ran a bakery with my parents!" He looked bewildered and confused, but he mostly just looked lost.

Kit in the mean time had splinted the male's broken wing and carefully stitched up the second females torn wing, along with several other injuries she'd sustained. The auburn haired girl had then set to work making a leg for the first nadder. She hacked down a tree branch of roughly the right shape and size and smoothed it with a flat rock. Cinching it systematically to the nadder's leg so she could stand upright again, and while she didn't like the feel of her leg being constricted she seemed grateful. Kit patted her nose and swung herself up onto the dragon's back encouraging her to take a few tentative steps while ordering the others to stay put. When the leg held up and the dragon could walk the viking pointed her in the right direction aware that it would take a while before the dragon got entirely used to it.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
I never said it was. I only said that I was familiar with him. I heard your prayer, and it certainly wasn’t christian in faith.” A light frown then marred his lips at the man’s story, reminiscing on his own past. He may not have been a slave, but they had gone through similar experiances. “I apologize for your loss, but these are not my people. My original home is very far from here. I was taken from my family when I was just a newborn. I managed to find another in the dragoness I ride and many others, though it did not last long. When I was seven, they were killed by humans, and she’s the only tie I have left to that place. For what it’s worth, I hope yours is still well by the time you return to them a free man.” His voice was gentle as he spoke, trying to at least calm him to a certain degree. Despite this, an innter rage burned within him as old wounds were reopened“It seems I have also forgotten to tell you my name, while you have given yours. You may call my Ryu Kasai, though I suppose that is only the name the dragons gave me.”
I never said it was. I only said that I was familiar with him. I heard your prayer, and it certainly wasn’t christian in faith.” A light frown then marred his lips at the man’s story, reminiscing on his own past. He may not have been a slave, but they had gone through similar experiances. “I apologize for your loss, but these are not my people. My original home is very far from here. I was taken from my family when I was just a newborn. I managed to find another in the dragoness I ride and many others, though it did not last long. When I was seven, they were killed by humans, and she’s the only tie I have left to that place. For what it’s worth, I hope yours is still well by the time you return to them a free man.” His voice was gentle as he spoke, trying to at least calm him to a certain degree. Despite this, an innter rage burned within him as old wounds were reopened“It seems I have also forgotten to tell you my name, while you have given yours. You may call my Ryu Kasai, though I suppose that is only the name the dragons gave me.”
He looked at Ryu pensively taking in what he'd said, "I see now why they are so fond of you. I'm sorry so many were butchered by my and the others hands, we thought they were attacking when they came swooping in at the boats. The captain ordered us to attack them before they could kill us." He tipped his head back to look at the skrill, "how many different breeds are there? And can they communicate among each other regardless of breed?" He would have continued with his questions but the reappearance of the girl this time on the back of one of the dragons silenced him.

The dragoness awkwardly hobbled her way over towards the other two squawking in outrage at the sight of the armored man, Kit soothed the dragon gently before sliding off of her back and heading over the the beach beckoning for Adlehelm to stand, he did so, slowly and allowed the girl to undo the leather straps of his breastplate. She then took him by the wrist and began to stalk towards the dragon.

Only then did he resist attempting to pull back a bit, but her grip was like a vice on his wrist. She held out her hand and stroked the nadder's nose before holding out the German's hand as well. The dragon snorted and made several disgruntled noises but ultimately decided to take this as an odd apology, or maybe a surrender. She pressed her nose against his palm and warbled. He looked shocked, mostly because he still had a hand, but the fact that the beast had accepted him was shocking as well.
He looked at Ryu pensively taking in what he'd said, "I see now why they are so fond of you. I'm sorry so many were butchered by my and the others hands, we thought they were attacking when they came swooping in at the boats. The captain ordered us to attack them before they could kill us." He tipped his head back to look at the skrill, "how many different breeds are there? And can they communicate among each other regardless of breed?" He would have continued with his questions but the reappearance of the girl this time on the back of one of the dragons silenced him.

The dragoness awkwardly hobbled her way over towards the other two squawking in outrage at the sight of the armored man, Kit soothed the dragon gently before sliding off of her back and heading over the the beach beckoning for Adlehelm to stand, he did so, slowly and allowed the girl to undo the leather straps of his breastplate. She then took him by the wrist and began to stalk towards the dragon.

Only then did he resist attempting to pull back a bit, but her grip was like a vice on his wrist. She held out her hand and stroked the nadder's nose before holding out the German's hand as well. The dragon snorted and made several disgruntled noises but ultimately decided to take this as an odd apology, or maybe a surrender. She pressed her nose against his palm and warbled. He looked shocked, mostly because he still had a hand, but the fact that the beast had accepted him was shocking as well.
foto_1.png
In all honesty, Ryu figured that Kit would ride the new dragoness while he and Storm Surge rode with the new man. She was takong a risk by introducing him to the Nadder. “Men often fear what they do not understand. Wheather or not they change ia the true determination of character. For now, I will accept your apology. See to it that I did not make a mistake. The rest of your questions can be answered later. For now, we need to move.”

He was rather annoyed that the conversation had been interrupted by Kit’s return, but he tried not to show it. “I don’t think we’ll have to worry about him doing anything rash. I learned quite a bit from talking to him, though it would he best if the cheif and his friends were privy to this conversation.” The teen gave a low whistle and got on his dragon when she landed. “I assume you’ll be riding with him, so Storm and I will go slow.”
In all honesty, Ryu figured that Kit would ride the new dragoness while he and Storm Surge rode with the new man. She was takong a risk by introducing him to the Nadder. “Men often fear what they do not understand. Wheather or not they change ia the true determination of character. For now, I will accept your apology. See to it that I did not make a mistake. The rest of your questions can be answered later. For now, we need to move.”

He was rather annoyed that the conversation had been interrupted by Kit’s return, but he tried not to show it. “I don’t think we’ll have to worry about him doing anything rash. I learned quite a bit from talking to him, though it would he best if the cheif and his friends were privy to this conversation.” The teen gave a low whistle and got on his dragon when she landed. “I assume you’ll be riding with him, so Storm and I will go slow.”
She picked up on the notes on frustration in Ryu's voice. "The nadder can hardly hold me, I just didn't want her to attempt to attack him while he rode with you and Storm..." She paused, "besides you didn't seem to be finished with your conversation with him." She swung up onto the other dragon and noted the shudder that coursed through her. Blood loss had likely weakened her more than she was letting on. "We'll meet back up later I have to return with the recon team to pick up the other two for care. Good luck."

Adlehelm looked confused again glancing between the two dragon riders.
She picked up on the notes on frustration in Ryu's voice. "The nadder can hardly hold me, I just didn't want her to attempt to attack him while he rode with you and Storm..." She paused, "besides you didn't seem to be finished with your conversation with him." She swung up onto the other dragon and noted the shudder that coursed through her. Blood loss had likely weakened her more than she was letting on. "We'll meet back up later I have to return with the recon team to pick up the other two for care. Good luck."

Adlehelm looked confused again glancing between the two dragon riders.
foto_1.png
Well, that was rather unexpected. Either way, the current situation suited him just fine. “I see. Hopefully more do not come while we are in flight.” The teen then looked at Adlehelm and gave a light nod. “Sorry about that, I tend to misread others at times. You’ll be riding with me. Storm Surge won’t hurt you so long as I’m on her back, but be sure to hold on. As for the dragons, I am not sure of the exact number of species, but I would have to estimate it to be around several dozen. Thankfully, they all share one tounge.” Of course, the way he spoke implied that the young adult himself could speak to the dragons. He then motioned for the man to sit behind him in the remaining space between the skrill’s first dorsal spine and himself, while also ensuring that she remained docile in the vicinity of the man. “Out of curiosity, how old are you? You look a bit younger than me.

The dragoness gave a low purr at his touch and laid on the ground so the foreigner would have an easier time getting on. She had a few plans in mind on what to do with him, but for now, she would let her human gain his trust.
Well, that was rather unexpected. Either way, the current situation suited him just fine. “I see. Hopefully more do not come while we are in flight.” The teen then looked at Adlehelm and gave a light nod. “Sorry about that, I tend to misread others at times. You’ll be riding with me. Storm Surge won’t hurt you so long as I’m on her back, but be sure to hold on. As for the dragons, I am not sure of the exact number of species, but I would have to estimate it to be around several dozen. Thankfully, they all share one tounge.” Of course, the way he spoke implied that the young adult himself could speak to the dragons. He then motioned for the man to sit behind him in the remaining space between the skrill’s first dorsal spine and himself, while also ensuring that she remained docile in the vicinity of the man. “Out of curiosity, how old are you? You look a bit younger than me.

The dragoness gave a low purr at his touch and laid on the ground so the foreigner would have an easier time getting on. She had a few plans in mind on what to do with him, but for now, she would let her human gain his trust.
He followed his fists clamped tightly to his sides gripping the dragon with his legs the way one would a horse. The young man noted what the other said about dragons, but decided that silence was the best policy here. "Sixteen this month, I'm tall for the men of my village." He spoke softly twisting the fabric of his shirt nervously.
He followed his fists clamped tightly to his sides gripping the dragon with his legs the way one would a horse. The young man noted what the other said about dragons, but decided that silence was the best policy here. "Sixteen this month, I'm tall for the men of my village." He spoke softly twisting the fabric of his shirt nervously.
foto_1.png
Ryu nodded solemnly. “You say you are a soldier? That means you were trained from a younger age. Honestly, no one should have to be put through that as a child.” The teen then gave a gentle smile as he looked down at Storm Surge, this time switching to her language. “Be gentle. We need him to like us.”

“Of course, brother. At the very least, he isn’t choking me with his legs.” The dragoness then gave a roar as she flew into the air. She could feel both passengers holding on, so she didn’t have to worry about either falling off. The land below for hundreds of miles could now be seen as the dragoness quickly breaches the cloud layer.
Ryu nodded solemnly. “You say you are a soldier? That means you were trained from a younger age. Honestly, no one should have to be put through that as a child.” The teen then gave a gentle smile as he looked down at Storm Surge, this time switching to her language. “Be gentle. We need him to like us.”

“Of course, brother. At the very least, he isn’t choking me with his legs.” The dragoness then gave a roar as she flew into the air. She could feel both passengers holding on, so she didn’t have to worry about either falling off. The land below for hundreds of miles could now be seen as the dragoness quickly breaches the cloud layer.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16